Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Cassi

Troy University is very diverse from most colleges in the Alabama area. There are many different clubs, and organizations to choose from. The student to teacher ratio is wonderful. It is very simple to get one on one help and tutoring if needed! It is a great school!

Be yourself and do not try and change your personality to fit in! Do your best and study hard and efficiently. Always use your time wisely "time is of the essence"! Do not be afraid to try new things and have fun with new people!

Most of the social life is based around fraternities and sororities. I am not in one, but that might change soon! Not much bad stuff to say about my school!

Cleshun

Troy University is a very-well, educated, friendly, school that guides your development and prepares you for life.

I would become more organized because it is hard trying to keep up with assignments and exams and their due dates. When I first started, I was a big procrastinator, but now that I have realized how serious college is, I complete work ahead of time and space my time out to get other things done. Time is not set for me anymore, I have to stay on top of things. Having a break between classes is good also. Therefore, I will be able to review notesfrom the previous class, and rewrite them if I have to. Also, I would visit the campus more than once so I would know where everything is, and I would not be looking lost. Another advice would be to practice better studying habits because sometimes it is extremely hard to concentrate on work. but it is not fun slacking off.

Any particular person can attend Troy University. They do not discriminate against anyone. It is a VERY friendle and fun college, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Go visit the college before you make a decision. Once you are there, get involved! Join any clubs or organizations that sound like fun to you, make friends!

Parking. For people who live off campus, parking is always trouble.

Allison

Troy has a "big college" atmosphere in a small campus setting. Classes are mostly small which helps with individualized attention. Fraternities and Sororities along with football and baseball run the social circuit. You don't have to be a member but knowing someone involved will amp your social life. There is ALWAYS a party happening..it's that crazy. ABC Board has deemed Troy one of their "biggest challenges": "They're day drinkers there..dont know how thet handle it." Between the lake and beach, parties or The Front Porch...you will never have a dull night!

I would definitely say look beyond the actual campus. Look into the city the campus is located in because more than likely your child will want to live off campus one day. Make sure there is adequate health care available not to mention the crime rate of the city as well on campus. Before making a final decision spend a weekend in each city you are considering. Use one day to tour the college campus and use the other day to tour the city and check out the people who live in the area. Also, keep in mind the size of the campus you are looking into. If you want a huge campus (which usually comes with a highly active social community) make sure you will be able to handle the stress and temptations of the big city campus. You definitely must have discipline if you want to succeed in any college setting, but big popular campuses host more reasons NOT to study. If you feel you will be distracted easily by social functions, you may want to start off at a small campus or community college for the first year or so then transfer to a bigger college.

Troy is only 2 hours from the beach!! Plus it is in between Auburn and Bama so if for some random chance Troy isnt having a party somewhere you can take the relatively short drives to see other friends who chose the big colleges!

Shalander

I would tell anyone to just weigh their options. They should narrow down choices by city size, classroom size, and things as such.

This school is great for any and everyone.

Blake

My classmates are friendly and very down-to-earth people.

My classmates are friendly and very down-to-earth people.

We're VERY diverse, with an great international program, great football team, friendly people, and located in a great small town.

Make sure you pick a diverse school that socially accepts everyone, gives everybody chances, and have a great learning facility with fun extracurricular activities. Good luck in the future!

Blane

I would suggest in depth research as to what the student's interest are and what colleges offer the best opportunity for that student and visit your top 5 choices to narrow it down. When you find the right college for you, you will know it!

I enjoy the fact that Troy University isn't too big. I think it is just the right size college for me. I am in a sorerity and have met many new firends through the organization and have enjoyed my time so far at Troy.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.