Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Kirsten

I love Troy University. It's a great college. I love being able to take 9 week classes instead of 16 week classes, it makes it a lot easier to focus on just a couple classes at a time. The professors are great and they really know what they're talking about. I loved going to Troy so much as an undergrad that I'm going to graduate school at Troy too!

K'ryn

I visited this school twice and after the first visit, I knew it would be my new home. I love that everyone you meet here accepts you. No one has to try hard to make friends with anyone. The professors really like to help you. The campus is clean and peaceful. I love it here!

Hope

I think Troy is a wonderful school where the people around you get to know you on a personal level and are mostly very friendly. The one downside I would say there is, is that there is not a whole lot to do around town. However, that is why I'm rushing this year to join Greek Life which is pretty active there and does not cost much in comparison to other schools! I would definitely recommend it though, especially since they offer wonderful scholarships. I have a scholarship that covers full tuition for four years, and there is one that covers tuition and housing so definitely look into it!

Jeffrey

Troy University online college option allows me the opportunity to pursue my degree while working 50-60 hours a week at my current job. As a fully accredited school, I have confidence that my degree from Troy will be respected by all I encounter in the future.

Aryn

Someone attending Troy university should be outgoing because we are a very outgoing university! We are known for our tradition, our Saturday football, our Sprit, and most importantly academic excellence. If you want to go to a school full of tradition, love, and excitement- Troy is definitely for you! Being your game face! Go Trojans!

The worst thing Troy Montgomery is the fact that one day I'll have to graduate and leave. I am absolutely blessed to be able to attend such an amazing school! I love the campus size, all the buildings are close together. I love the class sizes, they're small so I get to be a person and not a number. Lastly, I love the tradition here at Troy! I am so proud to be a Trojan and so blessed to attend such an amazing school with an amazing nursing program!

Arielle

Be more grateful. Say thank you more, be kinder to people and appreciate them more. Time flies and while an education is important how you go about getting it is just as important. It’s the old saying that it doesn’t matter if you when the game if you cheated or won be other means. Fairness, kindness, and most importantly love is the answer to any questions that might arise. Love for you fellow man, love with patience in the times of anger and in rushing. Love is patience and love is blind, it is the best way to be. It is with love that the greats succeed and it is with the lack over that they fall. For what one victory was won alone? None. There is always someone cheering you on, telling you to get up when you think you can't go any further. It is with love that the greatest of battles the battles on the inside are won. So younger me, say thank you more, breathe in times of anger and let it go. You only get one family and they leave all too soon.

Troy is known for having the most diverse college community. Any type of personality, character, morals, and values will find their crowd at Troy. There are over 200 Clubs each one with a different idea/belief. There is not one single type of person that would do well at Troy University. Troy is a place for all types of people. Shy, outgoing, loud, quiet, social, not so social, happy and the not so happy, its a place for all. In any university you will find any of that. But at Troy you will see them all working together in harmony.

Sadly the people. The school is great, the teachers are friendly and the campus is beautiful. The only thing that could sour Troy is the people, but people who make an experience not so fun can be found everywhere. Troy has taught me that the most important education I can get is the one where I do whatever it takes to succeed in all types of environments. People will put you down no matter what class, race, sex, religion, or person you are and Troy has taught me to stand up for myself. Our moto says it all.

Sarina

My classmates are diverse but predominately white. I've never been in a class that had more than 30 students. I have loved something about all of my professors. We all have room for improvement but this campus makes up for its flaws by providing great classroom settings.

Troy University is not known as a party much like Alabama State University. It is not as well-known as the University of Alabama. It is extremely diverse, which makes the school unique from the other schools I once considered. There are people from all walks of life here.

Dear Miss. Know-It-All, Listen to your mother. As a matter of fact, listen to your whole family. I love you with my entire being but, you do not have all of the answers. You are not Kanye West. There is absolutely nothing wrong with attending a community college. It was created for individuals just like yourself. No, it is not because you are black. It is because you are capable but not yet prepared for a four-year university. Do what is right for you. You cannot please the world and yourself at the same time. It's a good idea in theory but life just doesn't work like that. Kick butt for two years in community college then transfer to Troy. (Trust me.) You will need to be close to your ailing grandmother who raised you. Lastly, always remember this. You will have your entire 20s to party. Do not waste the most important year of your college career on boys, clubs, and nonsense. You only have one life, one future, one youth. Visualize the best versions of these blessings and turn them into realities. You can do it. Yourself, Sarina Henderson

Caitlin

My classmates are ready and willing to help me learn.

My classmates are ready and willing to help me learn.

Dear High School Senior Caitlin, Please do not ever stop applying for scholarships. The money is not always there. You want to get out of college debt free. There is money out there, so please keep looking for it. Also, don't give up on your job search, but you will eventually find jobs I promise you. Don't stress too much. Also, the friends you have as a freshman are not the friends you will have when you graduate, but that's okay. People are meant to be in your life for a set period of time and then they move on. What you actually need to do is let go of the friends you had in high school. Do not completely discount them, but do not hang onto them past the point of them wanting to be around you. It will only cause you heartache. Embrace new friendships. Embrace being a nerd, because it is a niche you have found yourself and while it won't get you any money (in fact, it'll help you spend some), it will make you some great friends and experiences. Sincerely, 22-year-old Caitlin

I am a student at Troy's eCampus. What I love is the ease of being able to learn from my own home office. I can take out a few hours every day and do school on my own schedule. If I need to go to the grocery store, school can wait an hour. I'm not limited by a set class schedule (though I do like to keep close enough to a schedule.) There is flexibility for my learning. And I need that right now.

Educate the mind to think, the heart to feel, the body to act. - TROY Motto 1887

I would tell myself to plan my entire college course load right away. I would tell myself to plan ahead and stay focused. I would tell myself to get help and seek advice even when I do not need it. Tell myself college is not about making friends and hanging out. I would tell myself to stay focused about what I am doing, and remind myself why I'm attending college. Tell myself that my future is depended on me getting good grades and having a great GPA.

The best thing about Troy University is the campus life. It is so inviting and relaxed. The campus is big but not too big. You can walk everywhere on campus so no car is needed unless you live far from campus. I walked everyday to campus. They have events everyday on campus for students to attend. Which is great it keeps students out of trouble. The students and professor are very friendly.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.