Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

rebekah

Stay in school. Life does not get any better than now. Talk to a new person everyday. Get involved!

There are not enough parking around campus.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell her that everything is going to work out. I would say that to always trust your instincts, because they are usually spot on. I would say that it's okay to not be perfect--not making an A on a test was not going to be the worst possible thing to happen. I would tell my younger self not to be so hard on yourself and that it's okay to make mistakes--as long as you learn something from the experience. I think the most important bit of knowledge I've learned through my college career is this: No matter what the end result is, if you put in your absolute best work or best efforts into something, you are successful. I would tell her that this is the most important thing to realize in both college and life.

The local community really makes UL Lafayette a great university. There's a ton of culture in Lafayette. The professors I've had have been great and have made classes interesting and are usually willing to help students in any way they can. There are several opportunities to get involved in the community and make connections with other students through various aspects of campus life. All the dorms are less than 3 years old--so they're very nice!

UL Lafayette is a great fit for any kind person, to be honest. The student body is very diverse with people from all walks of life. I choose UL Lafayette because I knew it was a perfect fit for me. They have excellent programs--especially in Sciences, Nursing, and Engineering. The tuition is very much affordable! It's the best school to go to if you want a qaulity education without spending tens of thousands of dollars in tuition.

Sirikhwan
Tell us about your professors.

Don't listen to rate my professors. Have your own experiences to review from.

Tell us about your professors.

Don't listen to rate my professors. Have your own experiences to review from.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Better than LSU. It looks like it's been cooked in a kitchen rather than reheated.

PLEASE PRINT OUT YOUR SYLLABUSES BEFORE CLASS. PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF PROFESSORS HAVE PUT THE LECTURE SLIDES ONLINE BEFORE CLASS. PLEASE DO HOMEWORK OR REVIEW NOTES RIGHT AFTER CLASS. Don't forget to eat and drink water throughout the day.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Asian-American, second-generation but Americanized by the Millennial standards, I am currently a first-year student at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Originally, I attended the Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, but found that the culture was too big for a hometown girl, such as myself. I’m learning the ways of what it is like to become a human adult-child, though I’d prefer to trade places with a house cat some days. When I’m not plotting blueprints in my mind, I’m pondering about who I am and where I am going and how I can inspire those around me to inspire some sort of goodness in their day. I want to be in a position where I am capable and able to say that I can help someone, be it through charity or simply tipping at the local cafe. I’d like to have my own line of toys one day. One day, it’d be great to give back to children in unfortunate or lesser circumstances, and to provide a safe and encouraging environment that challenges their mind and body. Design is inherent in life; it can make artists or mercenaries out of the ordinary.

What do people really wear to class?

Collegiate logos, sometimes other school's logos, sometimes their senior year apparel, yoga pants for girls, tank tops, lots of Nike on men and women, sometimes scarves, shorts, etc.

What are your classes like?

My classes are average-size, but small compared to what I had at LSU during my first semester there. I prefer the traditional classroom setting compared to auditorium lectures.

No one will turn you away if you need help or have to ask for directions on campus.

Meghan

Don't assume that you can take everything on by yourself. It's alright to ask for help. You won't have extra time for everything you want to do. You won't have extra money for the things that you want all the time. You're going to cry and call your mother, and that's okay. The important thing is that you can pull yourself together and make the grades you need. Always aim high and shoot higher. When people tell you that you can't do something, do it better than you planned to. Prove them wrong. Prove everyone wrong.

Larissa

My classmates are well-rounded, outgoing and truly value their education.

My classmates are well-rounded, outgoing and truly value their education.

Dear Larissa, You have no idea what you are about to get yourself into! College life is nothing like anything you have experienced. You are about to gain a whole new perspective to life and discover a you, you never knew you were capable of being. The transition into college is frightening and exciting at the same time. With new found freedom, you will make mistakes, which in time will become lessons learned. This freedom comes with responsibilities and intelligence that you must learn to accept and use resourcefully. Do not hesitate participating in things that challenge you and make you uncomfortable. It is through these activities that you will grow as an individual and reach your full potential. College is a whole different ball game in comparison to high school. In high school, good grades came with little to no effort at all. Unfortunately, that is not the case in college. You must work for your grades. I can promise it will get difficult and you will want to give up. Stand tall, keep pushing forward. Trust in God, he knows exactly what he is doing. Enjoy college but don’t lose sight of the reason you are there.

One thing that I love to brag about is the atmosphere at UL. The people here are genuinely friendly and it creates such a welcoming enviroment. My school has created the perfect home away from home and I am in love with it. I could never imagine going anywhere else. The faculty in always helpful and someone is always willing to go out of their way to make you smile. At my school, you never feel alone.

Fabian

I would tell my high school self to major in athletic training from the start and hurry up and finish as soon as possible and not wait around. I would also tell him to save as much money as possible so the financial burden of a university wouldn't be so big.

I can't find anything wrong with the school

A person who is commited to learning and determined to finish their schooling, get a degree and find a job that they will always love

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definately tell myself to stay on top of deadlines. I would also tell myself to do things ahead of time, and take every assignment seriously. The most important thing I would tell myself as a high school senior is that tgeh decisions I make now will determine the outcome of my future. Make decisions that will secure you a better future, and take all possible consequences into consideration.

THe worst thing about my school is teh busy offices. There is never an open line to call, and that can be very annoying.

when I tell my friends about my school, I always brag about the school spirit. There are so many activities for the students to take part in, and there is never a dull moment. The professors are allso very concerned. They always take the time out to get to know you and your personal learning style and personality. These are just a few of the many things I brag on about my school.

Brennan

Once you put forth the effort and make yourself known to your professors, they are willing to help you out in whatever way possible to make sure that you succeed in your acedemic endeavors.

I would say that it is perfectly fine to not be completely confident with what career path you plan on graduating in. It does help to figure it out as soon as possible so that you are not wasting your or anyone else's time and money blindly pursuing a career. I would also encourage networking with upperclassmen. If you can show that you are serious about your pursuit in whatever field you are focused on, they will normally provide you with old notes and textbooks from courses that they have previously taken which will give you a great headstart and advantage over your other classmates.

Individuals who attend this school do not slack off or leave projects halfway completed. The individuals that do have these qualities get weeded out very early in their academic career which results in a condusive and healthy environment for upperclassmen to pursue their field of study.

DeSean

The most spirited and friendly school I could have ever chosen.

The most spirited and friendly school I could have ever chosen.

Apply for scholarships at the very beginning of school. Mostly, keep your values number one at all times because everyone is not out to help you. You can do anything you set your mind to and get ready for the best experience of your life.

A person who loves being involved on campus, very friendly, and willing to help others.

David

If I can just go back in time and think about the most important things that I want to do and learn about college life. As a high school senior, I was almost aware of what my future would be and what major I'm going to study once I start entering to college as a freshman. Going to college is like experiencing your own personality such as meeting new people, knowing some extracurricular activities, information about college courses, meetings, conferences, rooms in which students need to take their classes at, and most important of all understanding who you are. Attending college is not about going to their classes to further their education, it's about expanding your knowledge and know exactly what is going on in the college environment. As I come to my conclusion, being in the college life can help students like me to achieve our goals in order to do our best and become good educators while studying inside and outside the college environment. I can simply see myself going one step ahead into earning a degree and can finally be able to find a career that I've always dreamed of.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.