Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

St. Thomas has a wonderful student community that is very welcoming and enjoyable to be a part of.

The most important thing that I would tell myself is to not to worry about getting straight A's in college. Even though you had straight A's in high school doesn't mean you will in college. You actually will enjoy the classes you take because you get to pick your major and what you want to focus on. The important thing is to learn, not getting A's all of the time. This is the hardest thing that I had to get through my head, but once you stop stressing about the letter grade and you know you're doing your absolute best, the class room becomes so much more enjoyable. I would also tell myself that it is extremely important to make new friends. Old high school friends might be there to talk to you but they may not be able to be there for you all of the time. You need to learn to let go. Friends are important because they not only are there to study with you but they take away some of the stress that college may bring you. Friends can enhance your college experience both in and out of the classroom.

The most frustrating thing about St. Thomas is how far I sometimes have to walk to class. I can have one class on the northern campus of the school and the other on south campus. Even though this is frustrating I learned how to manage my time to get to class on time.

Erin

A truly Catholic inspired university, filled with many wonderful students, and caring staff.

Please, Do not stress over all the possible college options you have. Tours are the best option, the give you a real feeling for the school. Also, be organized! Keep track of the schools and scholarships you have applied for. When you get to school, get involved in fun clubs and organizations. Explore campus, and take advantage of all the ammenities you are paying for. Living on campus allows you to make many new friends, and clubs will help too. Remeber, the most important thing about college is your classes. Focus on them first, and study hard! Use the academic resources the school provides. Surround yourself with people who value their health and who concentrate on their academics. College is fun! Meet lots of new friends, and be involved: it will help you find a great career opportunity. Have a great time, good luck at school!

Living on campus is expensive. They advertise weekend activities, but it truly is a suticase campus.

Being a private, Catholic university, and the business department.

Being a private, Catholic university, and the business department.

It was very close to the heart of the cities but was very beautiful. Though I am less than 15 minutes from two malls and downtown the campus looks great and feels like its not in the middle of the twin cities.

I would tell myself to get more involved with the campus life, to study even more, and to not go home as much. Though I'm happy right now I do wish I would have tried more things on campus as a freshman. I am happy with my grades but with the things I struggled with I do believe they can always be improved upon. And I as a freshman I wish I wouldn't have gone home as much because then I would have been able to be more active in school activies and not miss so much.

Brad

"I would like to begin by telling you to enjoy the ride. Four years goes faster than you think and there's nothing we can do to speed up or slow down this experience. It's easy to get caught up in the college ideal and stray from one's beliefs. Which brings me to my second pice of advice, be yourself. The transition into college leaves many high school friendships to come and go just as the four seasons. The everwanting need to fit in and develop new and important friendships doesn't mean that you have to compromise yourself. I have seen people change their values, beliefs, and entire lifestyles because of this desire for status and friendship . Although these people appear happy and successful in the eyes of other students, they're simply putting on a facade . What I'm trying to say is simply be a good yourself and enjoy the time that you have because time is the one thing you can never buy back. No matter how many friends or how many zero's you have on your paycheck, time is fixed, so make the most of it."

I wish that knew how much it was really going to cost me outfront. It would have been nice to have a mandatory meeting with a financial aid representative to get me going on the right track.

Meghan

The University of St. Thomas is a great school where the campus is clean and well kept, the students and teachers are friendly, and experience is very personal.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I think I would tell myself to work harder at getting internships. I believe that if I had actually done internships during my highschool years that it would have been easier to know which field of study I wanted to go into by the time I got to college. Also, I would tell myself to not be so afraid and nervous for college because it really isn't that different from what I was already doing in high school.

I think the most frustrating thing at the University of St. Thomas is how hard it is to find parking. The only parking facility is on south campus and there is nothing on the north side unless it is a teacher's parking lot.

Claire

St. Thomas is in no way extremely diverse, you get a lot of the middle class Catholic kids.

When considering St. Thomas, one has to want a medium sized school that has the benefits of attending a large public school but also the advantages of a small private school. Having an open mind helps too since most people assume that St. Thomas is very Catholic school, when in reality there are people from lots of different denominations that attend. The Catholic aspect shouldn't turn people away either since it's moreso about the Catholic morals than the Catholic religion.

Angelina

I would of looked more carefully at each of the colleges tuition online. Join any Summer program before Freshman year in college. Research more about how to pay for college besides scholarships. Have a goal in mind.

I love the buildings and the faculty members. Generally the people and students. Academic achievement is high as well.

The people and the amount of clubs on campus.

Bronwyn

My advice to my high school senior self would have been to look at more colleges and universities. To do more campus tours and really learn what I like in a school before I settle on one. I wouldn't let myself settle for what I like or, think is good for me. I would tell myself to look really hard and really think about each and every school I was applying to. To really make sure they are what I want, what I like, and what is good for me. Not only in an academic sense, but to look at all of these aspects in a social sense as well. I would tell myself to do what is best for me, not what I think is the best.

A very liberal person who doesnot want to follow the norm should not attend this school. It is conservative adn Catholic. Also if you are worried about "keeping up with the Jones's" and do not have the money to do so, so not attend this school. Many of the students here come from extremely wealthy families, and keeping up with them can be very difficult if you do not ocme from that sort of money. Do not come here if you are lower middle class liberal, it is sad to say, but that is the truth.

Let your slef have fun at St.Thomas. Get an active social life and that is how you make friends. People do not make friends in class only. You need to get away from school work and have fun with people in order to enjoy your time here.

St. Thomas has lots of alumni support. They constantly are providing opportunities for students to connect with alumni through various programs. St. Thomas' alumi are frequently on campus/online posting job or internships for students.

I would advise myself to make better use of the department tutors and writing centers. That would have helped me make sure my freshman year work was top quality. I would also advise myself to take an easier couseload my first semester since there are so many adjustments to get used to. It is also easy to lack on sleep in college so to make sure I get an adequate amount everynight to prevent sickness and help manage stress. Getting involved on camps is one of the most important things to do!!

A person who is very indecisive in their career path and wants to explore classes to see their best fit. Too expensive for that! Otherwise is appealing to all types of individuals.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.