Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Matthew

The University of St. Thomas is best known for it's prestigious academic excellence. It is one of the best business schools in the nation.

I would say that while visiting schools, don't buy memorabilia. It ends up a waste of money because you or your family don't wear what you purchased if you don't go to that school. You will have plenty of time to buy stuff after you committ to a school. Next, seriously try to get every scholarship that you can, it is worth the extra effort and time. Every little bit of money helps. It isn't as tough as expected. Put in the time and effort, do your homework and when you feel comfortable with the material there is no need to continue studying.

The facilities and the people of the University of St. Thomas are the things that I brag about most to my friends. They both are elite and first class.

Dear Me, I would love to advise you in many things; to start off with the Justice and Peace major and save yourself the frustration of switching majors countless times, sometimes let yourself live outside of the library - you're a smart cookie, or to call home a little more often once you choose to go away. But for the longest time you have looked at college as an opportunity to recreate yourself, and that's where I'm going to tell you what's what. Yes, going to a school where no one knows you may allow you to become someone new, but that's not who you are. You don't need to change yourself to make friends in a new place. Just be the photography-loving, coffee-drinking, Minnesotan enthusiast you are, and you will find yourself loving the people around you much sooner than when you try to create a "new you." Use college not as an opportunity to change yourself, but as an opportunity to cultivate who you are already are into an even more outstanding young lady. Don't be afraid to let people know who you are. Much Love, Nicole

I wish I would have known that most students go home on the weekends, it was very difficult my first year to find friends who stuck around on campus, and it would have influenced my decision to attend this school.

One of the most unique things about St. Thomas is the constant positive feedback I recieve from people when I say I am enrolled at St. Thomas. Every single alumni I have met from St. Thomas tells me what a wonderful school it is and the amazing opportunities St. Thomas has to offer for my future after my years at St. Thomas. I have never once heard a negative comment besides the cost, but that is primarily because it is a private school.

As a high schooler, I had it pretty easy. I was always an excellent student and did well in all of my classes without trying very hard. The one thing I wish I would have taken more seriously is studying. I never really had to study in high school because everything came easily. But in college, all I seem to do is study, and it is very hard to learn how to study having gone so many years just glancing at my notes before an exam and getting an A or a B. College is hard work, and not everyone is cut out for it. You really have to be focused and driven to survive in college - something I learned the hard way my freshman year at St. Thomas. The new lifestyle of college was easy to adapt to; I was ready for that part. I was not ready for the hard work I suddenly realized came with college. As a sophomore, I am still learning to study, and I work much harder than last year, but teaching myself how to study in high school would have helped me reach my full potential in college right away.

The most frustrating thing about St. Thomas is that while I am working very hard and getting a great education, I constantly worry if I will be able to afford another semester at St. Thomas. I love the education I am recieving, the teachers I have, the friends I have met, and the opportunities here, but it is very expensive. I am paying for school almost entirely on my own, and I constantly stress about my financial situation.

Ingrid

It strives the importance of being a good and a responsible person at all times to be able to succeed in life and in all the area of it (personal and professional) . It also strives the importance of giving back to the community, and the importance of helping others and the environment

Enjoy college! Be pro-active; participate in the different activities that the school offers. Socialize with different groups of people. Work hard to keep a good GPA because it will payback when you go out to look for a job.

The best thing about my school is the people. Professors, students and stuff are very friendly. We all feel we belong to a special community, to our St. Thomas family and we care about one and another. Professors are very knowledgeable and capable to apply their lectures to real life. Stuff are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Breanna

It has a beautiful campus in a great location. The vibrant Twin Cities life is a few minutes away, but the campus is located in a beautiful, safe area.

If I could go back in time and give my high school self advice, I would tell myself to relax. Everything will work out. If you don't get a 4.0, it won't be the end of the world. College is more challenging, but you can handle it. Go look at some schools you don't think you want to go to, because you may actually be meant to go there, and it may be cheaper there. Have fun for the rest of your time at home. Enjoy time spent with your teachers and sports teams to the fullest. Take in time with your family as much as you can, because they are the ones who will be with you all throughout life. When you get to college, be more open minded. Talk to people you may not be comfortable talking with. Put yourself out there; it will be rewarding. Appreciate the love and support from your family. Start working out right away. Invite people to do things with you; it may seem like they have a life and you don't, but really you both don't, so you should start one together. Have fun and relax!

Someone who is willing to work hard in school should attend St. Thomas.

Nick

Peers are mostly career-focused, but also want to have an enjoyable college experience.

Somebody who cares about their future and educationa nd who wants to be in a place where he or she can meet like-minded people, both academically and socially. Somebody who wants a small school in a big city will fit in.

A spirited community where opportunities are endless and help is always avaliable.

My advice to myself would be to listen to your gut feeling. Fall 2011, i attended The College of St.Scholastica, but i was not happy there, so now i am transfering to St.Thomas. However, during the summer before college, i was already having second thoughts on my decision to go to St.Scholastica and every time we visited, i always wanted to leave as soon as possible. Your gut feelings/ instinct is usually spot on and one should never ignore theses feelings. You know what is right for you and don't let anyone else influence what you should do or where you should go. It is your future; what you do with it is up to you. I would also tell myself to put myslef out there more often. I went to functions and joined clubs and had friends, but i could have done more. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and show people the real you. You find the people you are supposed to be with, the ones that will be your lifelong friends, when you are being you and having fun.

I am going to be a a transfer student to St. Thomas for the spring semester, so i don't really know of anything bad about the school yet. I would probably say the worst thing about St. Thoms would be their campus visit tour guides. I got a bad tour guide when i first toured the school as a senior in high school, and i think that is what turned me off from going to St. Thomas in the first place. Although, now i wish i had gone there form the start.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take as many Advanced Placement and College-In-School courses that are available to me. Not only do colleges look highly upon it, but it saves a lot of time and money in the future. One of my College-In-Schools credits transferred to St. Thomas, allowing me to fulfill in advance one of my general elective requirements. At the University of St. Thomas, that saves me four thousand dollars. If I could go back and take more classes like this that were offered, I would. In fact, it would be unwise not to! My Advanced Placement courses did not transfer over since I got a three on most of my AP tests, so I would remind myself to study harder and longer because it will save me a lot of money and time in the near future.

Before I attended the Universtiy of St. Thomas, I wish I would have put into perspective how much tuition costs. Spending that much money in an undergraduate program seems risky since I will be in a large amount of debt before I even reach medical school, which presents more opportunity for debt. However, I am hoping that it will someday pay off.

People who have a hard time dedicating a lot of time to their studies should not attend the University of St. Thomas. Students who study at this school put forth a lot of effort into their studies. Most of the people that I know and have talked to spend between five and six hours a week on homework per class; therefore, someone who does not have the time or motivation to do this should not spend their time and money at the University of St. Thomas.

Amy

The University of St. Thomas is an open and accepting school that provides students with knowledgable professors and the liberal arts education needed to produce a well rounded individual ready for the real world after graduation.

I would tell myself to look into more schools and professions. I didn't know what the course work or required classes for graduation were at St. Thomas and that may have influenced my decision. St. Thomas is one of two schools that require three theology and two philosophy courses to graduate and doesn't give many human side science courses when many of the students are pre-health care orientated. I would make sure to look for more scholarships and tell myself the work in high school really is worth it. Overall, I would just make sure that I know more about the school I decide to go to. I love St. Thomas and am very happy I chose this school but more information would have made the transition easier.

I think the worst thing about UST is the divisition between the science and business programs. Most other colleges receive credits for science labs that are required to go along with the lecture course and at St. Thomas we do not. I put in 8 hours of lab time plus approximately 4 hours of homework/prep time to my labs and I receive the same 4 credits for the course as a business major that just goes to their lecture 3 times per week. This is unfair to me since I spend more time and put in more work.

Tyler

The Campus is beautiful. Right in St. Paul and across the river from Minneapolis its in a great location. Brand New student centers were built and open this spring. Its a nice peacful campus where learning is priority.

Students seem nice and want to learn. I attended Arizona State for a year and a half and the students there were as nice or academic as they are at St.Thomas.

I would say to apply to more schools. Take more challenging classes and try to get a leg up on the competition. Just give more than i did, When it comes down to it how well you do in college is based off how you perform in highschool, your study habits and personal behavior you learn in highschool also translate to how you will you do in the future. At the time i didnt think highschool was that importnat but now looking back at it, i wish i did more.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.