Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

James

As being a part of the seminary, my brother seminarians are in a majority of my classes. They are some of the most solid people I have ever met and look forward to getting to know them better. The non seminary students that I have met have been very friendly and ask a lot of questions about the seminary in general. Overall, the people at the school (most especially in the seminary) are great.

I would suggest to go to the school in which they feel comfortable no matter if you have friends going there or not. You make friends very easily so don't at all worry about not knowing anyone even if it is in a different state far away from home (as it is for me).

A person should attend this school if they have an interest in receiving a solid liberal arts education. The campus also has a seminary program, Saint John Vianney College Seminary, which is the largest college seminary in the country. For those discerning the priesthood, there is no better place to be. In general, the campus is small, but not too small. The area is beautiful and very homey and while being located within the twin cities. A great school for a the all around college experience.

John

I would tell them to get excited about learning and experiencing new things, and tell them to bring in an openess for learning and growing. Adjustment will be needed, but that is part of growing up.

I consider the best thing about St. Thomas the reputatation it has for quality student, which helps the students end up getting qulity jobs and internships.

I wish I would have known that school pride in accordance to football was so low. IT's truly unfortunate that there is barely any attendance at the games. I feel as if it is a big part of college and virtually missing at St. Thomas University.

The University of St. Thomas is a great venue in which students have the ability and the opportunity to grow no only as an individual person, but also as a professional that will someday enter the working world. It allows students to make life-long friends and learn things that will stick with you the rest of your life.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, one of the most important thing I would advise myself to do would be to take more Post Secondary classes and to also research which ones would transfer. During high school, I took a few Post Secondary classes, but looking back on it, I wish I had taken more to better prepare myself for the college world. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be to do some more research into what might interest me. Having more insight into different career paths I might be interested in might have allowed me to make better decisions regarding classes. The last piece of advice I would give myself for the transition into college life would be to relax a little more and just enjoy the experience. College is a life-changing experience that will only happen once; it is what you make of it. And while getting good grades and succeeding academically is important, learning more about who you are as an individual and enjoying the company of new-found friends is also an important and enjoyable part of college.

One thing that is a disadvantage is the amount of competition for jobs. Each of your classmates is considered competition; however, I believe that can then be used as motivation to work that much harder to distinguish yourself from your classmates.

Their execellent business school that many students major in. A lot of students here are business majors and that is the area in which the school offers the most classes in. We are also known for the excellent professors and small class sizes, that is why I choose to come here in the first place, I wanted to have my own place in a class.

I would right away tell myself to take post secondary education classes. After being in college and seeing how hard and time consuming the workload is I wished I could have gotten some of those liberal arts credits taken care of. It would have been a smart choice not only for the school aspect but also the money situation. Attending St. Thomas has brought on a lot of financial choices I didn't know I was going to have to face. I would have told myself to save more money in order to pay for things such as the never ending text books for classes, and expenses associated with living. Now that I live in a house on my own I wished I would have saved some money from graduation for electricity and other basic needs of a house. It would also be wise to prepare for the transition into a dorm by consolidating clothes and other items into smaller amounts due to the dorm rooms being much smaller than one I was used to at home. There is a lot that I wished I would have known, but it is all part of the experience.

Someone who is not willing to go out and find friends on their own. Here there isn't a lot to do on campus your freshman year, so it is up to you to go out and find the friends you want. Also someone who is not open to taking religion classes because they are the most imporatant here. Also if you want to be able to hide in the back of the class and have a professor not know you, here isn't your best bet.

Brandon

You should have explored the sciences in highschool.

You should have explored the sciences in highschool.

Many of the students conme from wealthy families, as a result many newer students tend to possess the aire of rights instead of privilage.

People, faculty and community are very helpful and kind to anyone willing to ask for assistance

CJ

Academically swell, but cost, activites, and social life is miserable, which is why St. Thomas fails to meet my expectations.

It's ok if you chose the wrong college. Work hard and maintain high grades so that you are likely to get aid and acceptance at the college of your choice if you decide to transfer like me. I work incredibly hard and take pride in my work no matter where I am.

This school is small and competes in Division III sports. It does not have a strong journalism department. Because I am a journalism major and I want more out of my college experience. I am transferring after the 2009-2010 academic year to University of Kansas. However, I need financial aid since my mom and I are the only people paying for my education. My GPA is currently 3.62 and this school is also way too expensive. I can get more out of my college experience and pay less at KU.

Katie

Before you decided on what college you want to go to you have to think about the things that represent who you are and what you want to become. College isn't just about expanding your knowledge academically, it is also about broadening your perspective on people individually, culture, and yourself. The best way to make the transition to college life is to find the college that holds these ideals. To accomplish this, visit as many colleges as possible. You'll learn about different styles of life, teaching, and what's available out there. The transition into college academia will be difficult but if you take those Advanced Placement courses and pay extra close attention to everything you learn in them then courses in college will not seem so terrifying. Going to talk to your professors is absolutely the most important thing you can do if you need help and NEVER be afraid to do so! The transition into college social life won't be easy but if you take the extra effort to step out of your comfort zone and really get involved with on-campus activities, then the transition will go well. Good luck, you'll go great!

Perhaps the worst thing about this school is the cost of tuition. This is a vary expensive school and has been rated one of the top schools in the country in which graduates come graduate with the most debt. But if students are proactive in seeking out scholarships and working hard during the summer and j-term, they can help to minimize these costs.

People who seek to reach their highest potential in a community-based learning environment should come to this school. People who are seeking small class sizes, professors who are always available to help you and respond relatively quickly to emails and questions, as well as people who are seeking a campus filled with social activities (and perhaps opportunities for free food!) would enjoy this university very much. Also, students who are seeking a university in an area close to the city but not necessarily in the city would enjoy this school as well.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would make sure to tell myself that everything will be alright. I remember being very stressed about choosing the "right" college and feeling that this would determine the rest of my life. After experiencing college life, I realize that it is not as scary as it once seemed and that you can always transfer if you have a negative experience. I would also tell myself to take comfort in the fact that other people are feeling the same way. I would remind myself to try new things and not to be shy. Although there are a lot of fun, exciting things always happening at college I would advise my high school self to stay on track with school because it is the little things and extra effort that really counts. I would tell myself that I will experience some hardship and I might fall a few times but overall, I would let myself know that I am going to make some really great friends and have an amazing time.

I wish I had know that there is more flexibility to your class schedule and I wish I had taken more courses in high school that would allow me to receive college credit.

I think the worst thing about my school is that there are a lot of undergraduate core requirement classes you must take and pass to graduate.

Meghan

St. Thomas is a place where you will gain knowledge, life-time friends and a degree from a very prestigious and well-known university.

Choosing a college that is right for you is extremly difficult. Make sure you make lists of what things you want at your school you will attend and take into account things such as money, classes, majors/minors and the size and location of the school. Make sure you look at a variety of different schools to know which one is truly right for you. Working as hard as you can in high school will help you to be as successful as you poosibly can as long as you work your hardest. Taking AP classes will be very helpful in preparing you for what a college class will be like, but also could save you time and money by earning some college credit before you even graduate high school. Make sure to weigh out every possibility and ask others for advice, talk to people who go to schools you are somewhat interested in, we/they are usually very helpful and more than willing to help. They have been through the same thing and can share their experiences with you.

St. Thomas is unique in the way our campus is set up. We have the same set schedule Tuesdays and Thursdays and the same on Monday Wednesday and Fridays, whereas bigger univeristies seem to be all over the place. We have a huge number and variety of different clubs, sports and intramurals that anyone can join here. There are always ways to get involved and there are always activities and events occurring during the week and on weekends; many include free food!

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.