Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Vong

My classmates are friendly; they are more than welcome to help me when I need help and they are multicultural.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would told myself to do more readings and learn to manage my time. From my college experiences, I learned that reading and time management are the most important. Almost all of college courses required reading. In college, I always dream to participate in all of the events that are going on in campus. Unfortunately, it was not easy as I thought. I have homework, readings, and study. Therefore, time management seems difficult to me. General speaking, reading and time management are my advices. I wish that someone would give me these advices; the early I start the more prepare I will be for college.

One of my favorite things about University of St. Thomas is the small class room size. It allows me to have the most attention from my professors. I also get to know classmates much easier. Last but not least, professors get to know you better and quicker because there are so few students in the class room.

Margaret

St. Thomas is a beyond welcoming environment where students can strive to be their best.

The best advice that I could give my high school self is to be as outgoing as possible and step out of your comfort zone. I have made a lot of friends by meeting girls on my floor, but I still could have branched out a lot more. I have not met many people that live outside of my dorm, and I wish I would have been more outgoing in the beginning. I also wish I would have stepped out of my comfort zone with my new friends. I still have some of the same beliefs as I did in high school, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, I have missed out on trying new things and having new opportunities because I did not step out of my comfort zone. I let my high school self take over and I missed out on some great, new experiences because of it. The last piece of advice is to go into every situation with an open mind; try your best to not be judgemental. Everybody has different opinions and interests, so it is in your best interest to give them a chance and to let them show their true self.

I wish that I would have known exactly what I wanted to major in when I came to St. Thomas. I thought I had wanted to do an Education major, but then I decided against it. Now, I am undecided and do not know what I want to major in. I am, however, grateful that St. Thomas has an amazing Career Development office to help me figure out what I want to do in life.

The unique thing about Saint Thomas is that it has a sense of community that I didn't think I would find anywhere else. I had only heard great reviews from the school and I decided that this was a good investment to make into my future regardless of the cost because it is a private universtiy.

Advice that I would give to myself in high school is that it's not mean to say no. I had such a problem with being so passive and too nice that I couldn't say no to people. When I got to college I was tested the very first day when my roommate had been super assertive. I stood up for myself for the first time and I told her I didn't want to be involved in whatever she was doing. My resident advisor asked her to move out the second day of school and it started with me simply saying no. I would say that it is a good skill to have to be able to take a stand and say what you want. I would make sure I emphasis that it isn't being mean and that it's something that needs to be said once in a while.

The worst thing about my school is that it is assumed that everyone who attends is wealthy. I am there on a scholarship anad I hear a lot of the time that we need to help people that are in harsher conditions and fincially burdend. I agree that we should help everyone in need but there are also people with need present in the classrooms.

Claire

You are a joy—it would be a shame to cover that up. Decide to believe that and to rest in the truth that you are dearly loved. Choose to live into your deep passions and let those visions come into focus naturally. Trust your intuition. Believe that if you are meant to be somewhere, you will get there. When something does not settle well within your spirit, it’s time to move on or make a change. Process the things that are challenging and hurtful—there is so much to be learned. Close friendships are so important; keep the ones that understand you. Remember to give enough space and thought to your soul, for it’s what really matters. You have a very important part to play in the world—no one else can do what you are meant to do. Don’t compare your path to another, for comparison is the thief of joy. Keep dreaming, for a life without dreams is colorless. Live engaged and in abandon, and shine the radiant light inside of you.

I wish I had known how important it is to make friends right away who hold the same values as me. It is so easy to get sucked into drinking/partying with people who don't necessarily care about your heart.

I think the best thing about my school is the

As a current college freshman, I would give my high school senior self a few pieces of advice. My first piece of advice would be to always make sure you're staying on track (or sometimes even getting ahead) with your school work. It really helps a lot and it assists in avoiding many potentially stressful situations. Secondly, I would tell myself to not be afraid to branch out, and to talk to new people. In high school I had a specific group of friends. Although I talked to people outside of my friend group, I really wish I would've made more friends outside of my friend group. The reason for this is that you never know who you're going to meet and how they can positvely change you as a person. Lastly, I would tell my high school senior self to enjoy the ride! These are the best years of our lives, so we don't just want to waste them. Meet new people, smile and laugh often, give compliments, and never degrade yourself or others.

To be completely honest, I can;t really think of anything off hand that I wish I would've known before coming here to St. Thomas. All I know is that I really like it here, and I'm glad I made the decision to attend this university!

Someone who likes a smaller educational environment would absolutely love St. Thomas! The campus isn't too big, yet it isn't too small- it's definitely the perfect size for me. The class sizes are also really nice because you get to know your professors personally and vice versa. Also, if you are someone who wants to be near a bigger city, but want a nice, home-like atmosphere, then the University of St. Thomas is for you!

Kate

St. Thomas is located in St. Paul, but is a great community to be apart of. When you are on campus, you forget that you are in the middle of the city, but when you want, you can explore all that St. Paul has to offer. It's truly the best of both worlds! St. Thomas is also small enough that classes aren't too big and you have the chance to know lots of people, but big enough that you are always meeting more people.

I love everything about St. Thomas, but I would say that the best thing about St. Thomas is all of the opportunities the students are provided with. The faculty, staff, professors, alumni, and fellow students help provide endless opportunities to help with your current studies as well as your future. St. Thomas provides you with opportunites as well as making connections. There is a saying that is completely true about St. Thomas -- "Once a Tommie, always a Tommie!"

Renee

My classmates are committed to the common good.

My classmates are committed to the common good.

If I could talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to enjoy the little things in life. In college it is so easy to get caught up in the big picture. Questions like what job will I get, how much money will I make, and who will I marry seemed to constantly plaque my mind. Every day there is beauty to be found. Every moment there is an opportunity to stop the overwhelming thoughts and look to the beauty of the simple things of life. I would encourage my high school self to put down the phone and learn how to truly “be” with others. I would give also tell myself to smile more, and take myself less seriously. When one lives in the light and friendship of others, simplicity makes life light hearted. I am grateful for my past three years in college, but I wish I knew the power of presence when I entered. Every person is a gift to this world, it is important to learn from others so one can become the best version of themselves.

Every person has a place at Saint Thomas.

Abigail

I would tell myself to focus and push myself harder to do well in my studies. That would have had a substantially huge impact on my success in college because as a college freshman, I was forced to push myself, because no one does it for you. I wish I would've worked harder and took high school more seriously because in the long run, it has affected my college performance. It is hard to become motivated to do well in school, if I didn't have that mindset before. I would tell myself that math DOES matter, because it somehow manages to weasel its way into many classes in college. I would also tell myself that it IS important to do your english homework and read the assigned pages, because in college, you have quizzes on that. I would also constanly remind myself that this transition won't be easy, and to be accepting of what is to come. If I would have known all of that, college life wouldn't have started out so bad.

Everyone and anyone should attend this school. The school is great with offering lots of financial help and there is a huge variety of diversity here.

How beautiful the campus is and how I am more likely to be hired for a job someday than them, because of the institution I got my education from.

Maria

Any type of person can attend UST because it is very diverse and welcoming. There are extroverts and introverts, over-acheivers and slackers, and all sorts of polar opposite people groups and subgroups. You should like living in the city, learning in close quarters with professors, and dressing really trendy because urbanites do that.

I wish I would've not put as much pressure on myself the first couple months. Meeting new people, excelling in classes, dialoguing with professors, joining extracurriculars, it all comes in time. Don't rush it, just let it happen.

Angela

When you enter college, it is as if starting a new life. No one knows you or what you have been through. High school was full of rumors and drama but in college, people are much less judgemental. Students focus on really getting to know the person you truly are. College isnt as cruel of a place as high school was. Yes, the classes are harder but the students are more mature.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.