Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

The unique thing about Saint Thomas is that it has a sense of community that I didn't think I would find anywhere else. I had only heard great reviews from the school and I decided that this was a good investment to make into my future regardless of the cost because it is a private universtiy.

Advice that I would give to myself in high school is that it's not mean to say no. I had such a problem with being so passive and too nice that I couldn't say no to people. When I got to college I was tested the very first day when my roommate had been super assertive. I stood up for myself for the first time and I told her I didn't want to be involved in whatever she was doing. My resident advisor asked her to move out the second day of school and it started with me simply saying no. I would say that it is a good skill to have to be able to take a stand and say what you want. I would make sure I emphasis that it isn't being mean and that it's something that needs to be said once in a while.

The worst thing about my school is that it is assumed that everyone who attends is wealthy. I am there on a scholarship anad I hear a lot of the time that we need to help people that are in harsher conditions and fincially burdend. I agree that we should help everyone in need but there are also people with need present in the classrooms.

Claire

You are a joy—it would be a shame to cover that up. Decide to believe that and to rest in the truth that you are dearly loved. Choose to live into your deep passions and let those visions come into focus naturally. Trust your intuition. Believe that if you are meant to be somewhere, you will get there. When something does not settle well within your spirit, it’s time to move on or make a change. Process the things that are challenging and hurtful—there is so much to be learned. Close friendships are so important; keep the ones that understand you. Remember to give enough space and thought to your soul, for it’s what really matters. You have a very important part to play in the world—no one else can do what you are meant to do. Don’t compare your path to another, for comparison is the thief of joy. Keep dreaming, for a life without dreams is colorless. Live engaged and in abandon, and shine the radiant light inside of you.

I wish I had known how important it is to make friends right away who hold the same values as me. It is so easy to get sucked into drinking/partying with people who don't necessarily care about your heart.

I think the best thing about my school is the

As a current college freshman, I would give my high school senior self a few pieces of advice. My first piece of advice would be to always make sure you're staying on track (or sometimes even getting ahead) with your school work. It really helps a lot and it assists in avoiding many potentially stressful situations. Secondly, I would tell myself to not be afraid to branch out, and to talk to new people. In high school I had a specific group of friends. Although I talked to people outside of my friend group, I really wish I would've made more friends outside of my friend group. The reason for this is that you never know who you're going to meet and how they can positvely change you as a person. Lastly, I would tell my high school senior self to enjoy the ride! These are the best years of our lives, so we don't just want to waste them. Meet new people, smile and laugh often, give compliments, and never degrade yourself or others.

To be completely honest, I can;t really think of anything off hand that I wish I would've known before coming here to St. Thomas. All I know is that I really like it here, and I'm glad I made the decision to attend this university!

Someone who likes a smaller educational environment would absolutely love St. Thomas! The campus isn't too big, yet it isn't too small- it's definitely the perfect size for me. The class sizes are also really nice because you get to know your professors personally and vice versa. Also, if you are someone who wants to be near a bigger city, but want a nice, home-like atmosphere, then the University of St. Thomas is for you!

Kate

St. Thomas is located in St. Paul, but is a great community to be apart of. When you are on campus, you forget that you are in the middle of the city, but when you want, you can explore all that St. Paul has to offer. It's truly the best of both worlds! St. Thomas is also small enough that classes aren't too big and you have the chance to know lots of people, but big enough that you are always meeting more people.

I love everything about St. Thomas, but I would say that the best thing about St. Thomas is all of the opportunities the students are provided with. The faculty, staff, professors, alumni, and fellow students help provide endless opportunities to help with your current studies as well as your future. St. Thomas provides you with opportunites as well as making connections. There is a saying that is completely true about St. Thomas -- "Once a Tommie, always a Tommie!"

Renee

My classmates are committed to the common good.

My classmates are committed to the common good.

If I could talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to enjoy the little things in life. In college it is so easy to get caught up in the big picture. Questions like what job will I get, how much money will I make, and who will I marry seemed to constantly plaque my mind. Every day there is beauty to be found. Every moment there is an opportunity to stop the overwhelming thoughts and look to the beauty of the simple things of life. I would encourage my high school self to put down the phone and learn how to truly “be” with others. I would give also tell myself to smile more, and take myself less seriously. When one lives in the light and friendship of others, simplicity makes life light hearted. I am grateful for my past three years in college, but I wish I knew the power of presence when I entered. Every person is a gift to this world, it is important to learn from others so one can become the best version of themselves.

Every person has a place at Saint Thomas.

Abigail

Everyone and anyone should attend this school. The school is great with offering lots of financial help and there is a huge variety of diversity here.

How beautiful the campus is and how I am more likely to be hired for a job someday than them, because of the institution I got my education from.

I would tell myself to focus and push myself harder to do well in my studies. That would have had a substantially huge impact on my success in college because as a college freshman, I was forced to push myself, because no one does it for you. I wish I would've worked harder and took high school more seriously because in the long run, it has affected my college performance. It is hard to become motivated to do well in school, if I didn't have that mindset before. I would tell myself that math DOES matter, because it somehow manages to weasel its way into many classes in college. I would also tell myself that it IS important to do your english homework and read the assigned pages, because in college, you have quizzes on that. I would also constanly remind myself that this transition won't be easy, and to be accepting of what is to come. If I would have known all of that, college life wouldn't have started out so bad.

Maria

I wish I would've not put as much pressure on myself the first couple months. Meeting new people, excelling in classes, dialoguing with professors, joining extracurriculars, it all comes in time. Don't rush it, just let it happen.

Any type of person can attend UST because it is very diverse and welcoming. There are extroverts and introverts, over-acheivers and slackers, and all sorts of polar opposite people groups and subgroups. You should like living in the city, learning in close quarters with professors, and dressing really trendy because urbanites do that.

Angela

When you enter college, it is as if starting a new life. No one knows you or what you have been through. High school was full of rumors and drama but in college, people are much less judgemental. Students focus on really getting to know the person you truly are. College isnt as cruel of a place as high school was. Yes, the classes are harder but the students are more mature.

Nicholas

My classmates are very helpful and understanding.

My classmates are very helpful and understanding.

Someone who cares strongly about their education but is open to new experiences and people.

Developing discipline is crucial to your success as an adult. Your parents are there to make sure you make good decisions in high school, but in college you are on your own. It might be more fun to go out drinking with your friends on a Thursday night than it is to study for an exam, but making responsible decisions will bring success into your life. Your discipline needs to extend past your schoolwork; you also need to make good decisions for your health, fitness, and social life. Making these decisions will not only make your college experience less stressful, but it will also set you up for greater opportunities upon graduation.

Rebekah

Go and visit more college university's. Don't just assume that a college is for you because you are comfortable with it, but truly go out and see what other campus's have to offer. Also, don't fall into the "senior slide" idea. You will regret that once you get to college and realize that if you ever start slacking off in your courses, you will quickly fall behind and it will be difficult to get caught up. Another important thing to remember is that once you get to college, nobody knows who you are. You have the chance to start over and make new friends. Don't waste this opportunity to meet people that you would never have met otherwise. It can be easy to look for people who you would normally find yourself with, but I challenge you to get outside of your comfort zone. Enjoy college, study hard, and manage your time well.

Someone with a religious background who is serious about studying and cares about helping the University to become successful. St. Thomas is a great place for those who want to get involved with different clubs and events, because it offers a lot of opportunities to do so. St. Thomas also has small class sizes, so if that helps you to advance in your academics, I would highly recommend this University.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.