Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Kate

St. Thomas is located in St. Paul, but is a great community to be apart of. When you are on campus, you forget that you are in the middle of the city, but when you want, you can explore all that St. Paul has to offer. It's truly the best of both worlds! St. Thomas is also small enough that classes aren't too big and you have the chance to know lots of people, but big enough that you are always meeting more people.

I love everything about St. Thomas, but I would say that the best thing about St. Thomas is all of the opportunities the students are provided with. The faculty, staff, professors, alumni, and fellow students help provide endless opportunities to help with your current studies as well as your future. St. Thomas provides you with opportunites as well as making connections. There is a saying that is completely true about St. Thomas -- "Once a Tommie, always a Tommie!"

Renee

My classmates are committed to the common good.

My classmates are committed to the common good.

If I could talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to enjoy the little things in life. In college it is so easy to get caught up in the big picture. Questions like what job will I get, how much money will I make, and who will I marry seemed to constantly plaque my mind. Every day there is beauty to be found. Every moment there is an opportunity to stop the overwhelming thoughts and look to the beauty of the simple things of life. I would encourage my high school self to put down the phone and learn how to truly “be” with others. I would give also tell myself to smile more, and take myself less seriously. When one lives in the light and friendship of others, simplicity makes life light hearted. I am grateful for my past three years in college, but I wish I knew the power of presence when I entered. Every person is a gift to this world, it is important to learn from others so one can become the best version of themselves.

Every person has a place at Saint Thomas.

Abigail

I would tell myself to focus and push myself harder to do well in my studies. That would have had a substantially huge impact on my success in college because as a college freshman, I was forced to push myself, because no one does it for you. I wish I would've worked harder and took high school more seriously because in the long run, it has affected my college performance. It is hard to become motivated to do well in school, if I didn't have that mindset before. I would tell myself that math DOES matter, because it somehow manages to weasel its way into many classes in college. I would also tell myself that it IS important to do your english homework and read the assigned pages, because in college, you have quizzes on that. I would also constanly remind myself that this transition won't be easy, and to be accepting of what is to come. If I would have known all of that, college life wouldn't have started out so bad.

Everyone and anyone should attend this school. The school is great with offering lots of financial help and there is a huge variety of diversity here.

How beautiful the campus is and how I am more likely to be hired for a job someday than them, because of the institution I got my education from.

Maria

Any type of person can attend UST because it is very diverse and welcoming. There are extroverts and introverts, over-acheivers and slackers, and all sorts of polar opposite people groups and subgroups. You should like living in the city, learning in close quarters with professors, and dressing really trendy because urbanites do that.

I wish I would've not put as much pressure on myself the first couple months. Meeting new people, excelling in classes, dialoguing with professors, joining extracurriculars, it all comes in time. Don't rush it, just let it happen.

Angela

When you enter college, it is as if starting a new life. No one knows you or what you have been through. High school was full of rumors and drama but in college, people are much less judgemental. Students focus on really getting to know the person you truly are. College isnt as cruel of a place as high school was. Yes, the classes are harder but the students are more mature.

Nicholas

My classmates are very helpful and understanding.

My classmates are very helpful and understanding.

Developing discipline is crucial to your success as an adult. Your parents are there to make sure you make good decisions in high school, but in college you are on your own. It might be more fun to go out drinking with your friends on a Thursday night than it is to study for an exam, but making responsible decisions will bring success into your life. Your discipline needs to extend past your schoolwork; you also need to make good decisions for your health, fitness, and social life. Making these decisions will not only make your college experience less stressful, but it will also set you up for greater opportunities upon graduation.

Someone who cares strongly about their education but is open to new experiences and people.

Rebekah

Someone with a religious background who is serious about studying and cares about helping the University to become successful. St. Thomas is a great place for those who want to get involved with different clubs and events, because it offers a lot of opportunities to do so. St. Thomas also has small class sizes, so if that helps you to advance in your academics, I would highly recommend this University.

Go and visit more college university's. Don't just assume that a college is for you because you are comfortable with it, but truly go out and see what other campus's have to offer. Also, don't fall into the "senior slide" idea. You will regret that once you get to college and realize that if you ever start slacking off in your courses, you will quickly fall behind and it will be difficult to get caught up. Another important thing to remember is that once you get to college, nobody knows who you are. You have the chance to start over and make new friends. Don't waste this opportunity to meet people that you would never have met otherwise. It can be easy to look for people who you would normally find yourself with, but I challenge you to get outside of your comfort zone. Enjoy college, study hard, and manage your time well.

Morgan

Some advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would be to enjoy every moment and love everyone. At our high school, there were many cliques, so it made it difficult to be friends with everyone in our grade. I wish I could go back and fix this so there weren't so many because the more friends that you have in your life, the more connections you have. I know that it is difficult to stay close with friends from high school through college, but it is possible. As the saying goes, "You only live once," so appreciate each opportunity you are given. Attend every school event that you possibly can and enjoy the ride because one day you realize that these little things in life were really the big things.

The worst thing about my school is definitely cost. Although it you have more one-on-one interaction with your professors, the cost is quite higher than most schools around this area. However, our school offers most of their students with scholarships and financial aid, the final cost is still very high for me and many families.

What I brag about most to my friends about this school is how highly-ranked it is in regards to business majors. Although it is very expensive, I believe that it will certainly pay off in the end. The University of St. Thomas matches approximately 90% of students with jobs when they graduate. I hope to be a part of this percent in 2016 when I hope to walk and receive my diploma.

Erica

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself -do NOT take out a single student loan and to apply for as many scholarships and grants as possible., and to work to pay off the balance. -don't apply for any credit cards -eat healthy -don't buy college books from the bookstore, they're cheaper online -take summer classes to graduate a year earlier. -theater is fun but it doesn't pay the bills -and finally that life is hard but God is good.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.