Seattle, WA
University of Washington-Seattle Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Washington-Seattle Campus

scott

My school is best known for its medical program. The UW medical programs is a world renowned prgram that has taken part in innovative research that has helped the medical community tenfold.

I would sit myself down and insist on a conversation about likes and dislikes. I think that this would lead to passions and life goals, which is a hard focus when you are 18 years old. I would make it clear to my past self that its truely important to study something that is important to you and not just something that will make you secure financially. I would also stress the importance of money and staying on a budget while you are in college. It is very easy to take out loans while you are in school but you need to be aware of the implications that this will have. Becoming financially responsible is a part of growing up and college is a great way to facilitate that.

I would have really wanted to know what I was truely interested in. When you are graduating high school a lot of time we focus on what careers will make us lots of money but it is very important to study something that excites you and gives you inspiration.

Toni

I would look her right in the eye and say, "Girl, you need to listen to your parents, teachers, and counselors, they know whats best for you. Stop trying to just squeeze by. You make good grades, but you're taking the easy courses. You're capable of much more. Don't settle for Business English and Math, take English IV. Learn how to write that paper, some day you will wish you had. Get all you can from your classes. Just because you can make B's and C's without studying doesnt mean you shouldn't work hard to get all A's. You may not want to go to college when you graduate, but one day you will, and you will wish you had gotten all you could out of this year. It's fun to be a social butterfly, but one day you will wish you had been that little book worm. You will wake up one day with 3 kids to take care of by yourself. Dream big and achieve all you can now, while your young and your mind is open to learning and not clouded by this crazy world around you."

Audriana

I would tell my high school senior self to try my absolute hardest, and do not slack off on any type of work in any classes. I would say to join as many clubs and extra curricular activities as I qualified for, and to branch out because that will help when you get to college life. I would also tell her to apply and research more than just one school and explore options as far as majors go. I would tell her it's okay to be unsure and to go in as an undeclared. I would say to do your best and to not fear what the future holds, but to embrace it. Most of all, I would tell her to enjoy high school because she will miss it once she's done but to also enjoy college because it's the last step before starting your own real world life.

Joel

My classmates were too nerdy sometimes and did not know how to relax

My classmates were too nerdy sometimes and did not know how to relax

I would tell myself to stop and smell the flowers. Also, appreciate your family even though they might not necessarily understand the kind of arduous road you are heading down when aspiring to become a doctor. I very much enjoyed my time in college and had fun through it all, but sometimes there would be low points in school where I would put myself down if I did not meet my expectations. This caused me to always work; relentless in my studying and attacking the books. Whether this made me more knowledgeable or not I cannot prove, but I do believe I know myself well enough now that when I becomed burdened with anxiety, my test scores will falter; and sadly that is the only measurement schools have when defining your aptitude. My advice to myself would be to slow down and relax. College is one of the best times of your life and you only have one opportunity to live through it while you are young. Gaining wisdom about life is the true measure of knowledge

What I brag most about UW is mostly the lifestyle I had when in college. Above the schooling and the studying, I was living in the heart of Seattle. It was a wonderful time to learn about myself and there were so many events to go to as it is a very multicultural school. It truly was a place to explore creativity and being in the pacific northwest where unemployment rates are low, the type of jobs right out of college are fruitful.

Bernardo

Life is good after high school. Have a steady job, a family and a house. But that Bachelor's degree would make life even better. Think about the possibilities once you have a bachelor's degree. The doors that will open for you, the greater the opportunities it there will be. Starting college right about high is the best option for a, no....the only option for a better life! Dont believe the "I'll take a year off and then go back to school" theory. It wont work. Once you have that itch for making money working a daed end job, it'll comsume you. Starting college right after will give you the edge and chance to accomplish greater things at a younger age. It will be easier for you, right out of high school, you'll still have that school-mentality and not the "I have to work because I need money" mentality. Other have tried, I have tried and I am not 29 years of age, barely starting University. The greatest school accomplishment at the age of 29 I have to show, is a high school diploma. Dont make the same mistake twice. Good luck in college!

Laauli

First of all I will tell myself to quit messing around. How hard or how much easier the future can be will be determined by what you do today. Success is not something that just happens over night or in a few months let alone a couple of years, it is a life time pursuit. You must begin now for the future. You can not erase what happen's and replace your regrets. Life is not all about you, its about something much greater than yourself. You will have a wife and children to love and care for, you will have a family that will depend of you to provide for them the necessities of life you will have enormous responsibilities lying ahead. It is the one with greater knowledge that will be far better prepared for the storms life, the more you learn know and apply, the far better of you will be, so with more knowledge comes endless options. Do you desire a safe more secure future?!

Oh Past Self. If only you could see a glimpse of your future self, would you be able to believe that eventually you will someday be me? I do not want to spoil the excitement of the life experiences you are about to encounter as you enter university life. However, there are some suggestions you should consider as you begin to have independent thought and begin to make your own choices while you are outside of your parents’ home. I strongly advise you to begin reading and asking questions about what you know and those new things being taught to you. Outside of your course work, study different cultures and beliefs. Do not be afraid to explore your own beliefs as you experience streams of consciousness. Accept who you are and be open to new ideas as you encounter them. Remember, it is perfectly acceptable to draw different conclusions compared to those beliefs found by the ones you love. Trust yourself, be involved and offer what you have to your community. You will discover a love and passion you could never have imagined. Keep this in mind, and your college experience will be everything you need to learn and grow.

Although a beautiful campus, University of Washington Seattle is in the midst of a temperate rainforest. If you are not from the northern United States, there is a possibility of experiencing slight depression until you are acclimated to the dark and stormy winter months. This should be considered if your mood is heavily influenced on your surrounding atmosphere. Also, UW is a large campus, which has its pros and cons. If you are easily overwhelmed by large class sizes during your first couple of years, you may consider another school which is smaller and outside of a major city.

During my first couple years at university, I was experiencing great feats of personal development while working through my general education science courses. The introductory science classes were extremely competitive while covering difficult material. Theses classes never failed to remind me of how I compared to the other 200+ students in the course. This did not inspire any self acceptance. If I would have known that is was acceptable to ask questions and share my concerns with others around me, whether I wanted to discuss my lack of faith or about thermodynamics, I would have been more successful and involved.

Teresa

I know you are scared but let this school sweep you off your feet. Don't let your fear of stretching yourself too thin prevent you from joining all of those clubs you were interested in at the begininning of freshman year. Not everything you do has to directly relate to science or medicine for it to be worthwhile. Maybe you will find a new passion and that time you spend smiling because of it will be time that you remember better than that one math exam you got an A on. College is a time to explore so keep your goals in mind but be open to falling in love with something unexpected. You took classes with the same people for years but now, your classmates change every three months so by getting involved in a club, you can have some constancy in your friends. You will make great friends in your classes but make the effort to stay friends after the quarter is over. On a different note, invest in some rain boots. I know Toms are cute but your feet will get soaked in the rain.

There are a lot of available research opportunities in a wide variety of fields. In the sciences, I feel like school is very research based and professors are very willing to take on undergraduate researchers and mentor them. Also, a lot of the professors here are experts in their fields.

Someone who needs to be in small classes should not attend. In the majority of intro classes, there are over 200 people and in the sciences there are even more. There were 700 people in my introductory bio class

Eric

Hey Eric, Now that you are about to graduate high school, I have a few tips on furthering your education. First off, stay organized and dont loose your paperwork -especially loan paperwork and transcripts! Speaking of loans, you really don't want to take out any. That means your going to have to step up the scholarship searching. Try campusdiscovery.com's scholarship, its a good start! Trust me, a few years down the road when you have a third the debt of your friends, you will thank me (yourself). Also, I know you really want to move out of state for school, but it may be good to think about sticking closer to home; tuition is crazy expensive for out of state students and it is really nice to have mom and dad close enough to use their washer and dryer! Lastly, don't sweat it when you change your major four times. I did and I'm still getting along fine. Trust me, you think you know what you want to be when you grow up but as you do, that will change. College is about learning more about who YOU are!

Do not attend this school if your require or desire intense individualized instruction. Do not attend if you want to attend a "quiet" university or one where you don't need a print out of the campus map for the entire first quarter!

The best aspect of the University of Washington was also its worst. I loved being on a campus of over 70,000 students. The resources and activities that come out of such a number of diverse and creative minds is extremely easy to engage; and there is a plethora of academic and extra-curricular opportunities which can do wonders for your resume. Secondly, the University of Washington is on the quarter system which often times feels like you are running a 100mph through your education- often leaving you with the feeling it's over before it has begun.

University of Washington-Seattle Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.