Valdosta, GA
Valdosta State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Valdosta State University

Valdosta State University offers a variety of classes in which other colleges do not. It also has been named a "Title Town" after many victories in football. VSU size also allows for smaller classes which entails a better learning environment as compared to large school classes.

Choosing the right college is an important decision because this is the next step to bettering your education as well as setting the foundation for your future career path. If I could go back in time, the first piece of advice I would give myself is to keep up every study habit. Studying has proven to be vital in maintaining a high GPA. I would also adivise myself to be prepared to branch out and meet new people. College is a place to make new friends and create everlasting friendships. The final piece of advice I would give myself is to continue working my hardest in highschool. My final GPA is important when it comes to getting into colleges as well as programs the college has to offer.

I cannot find anything wrong with my school. There is a wonderful staff that devote many hours to helping students in many areas of need. The campus is beautiful with warm weather nearly year round. It also has many competitive sports teams that often do extremely well and are highly ranked in the state.

LaBrit

I would have to say that my school is the perfect fit for me.

I would have to say that my school is the perfect fit for me.

The best advise that I could give myself would be to practice good study habits. I would learn different techniques that could help me to be a better student. I would also tell myself to work on getting places on time. Some of the proffessors here take off points when u come in late and that messes with your grades.

I would brag about how beautiful the campus is. How all the students go out to the front lawn and study or just hang out with friends. I would also tell them about how small the class size is and how easy it is to get help.

Kristen

Are you ready for this? Are you ready for the best time of your life?! Well, here is what you need to know to make sure that you are. First, you know exactly what you want to do with your future, so do not let anyone influence your decision on your Spanish Major. Work hard and volunteer to tutor at the Goodwill! It will be an amazing teaching experience! Second, believe in yourself and who you have become. You are fun, outgoing, and smart. Do not be afraid to share that with everyone! This is a time for you to meet new friends. You will meet girls you will live and cheer with, and you will meet boys who you can laugh with. You will meet people from Germany, France, Spain, Mexico, and all other parts of the world; learn from them and love them for the ways they are different from you. Thirdly, talk to your advisor and understand exactly which courses you have to take for your core, Major, Minor, and Masters. Work hard, but play hard. You have always been a good student, so apply those skills, but award yourself for the effort and good grades!

The Spanish-style architecture along with the brick pathways, palm trees, Spanish Moss, and huge front lawn "the Green" make VSU the perfect scenery for studying outside, playing games and sports with friends, walking, running, or even just walking from class to class. The people here have an open, friendly attitude, and I have met new friends from all over the world! I am never bored here with art shows, concerts, Varsity Cheerleading, football, rec leagues, dance bars, movies, studying, international nights, or being with friends! It is a Divison 2 school with a Division 1 spirit and atmosphere!

The most frustrating thing is parking, but I'm sure that's a common complaint. I have gone around the parking lot for fifteen minutes before trying to find a spot, and I'm not looking for a good spot, I'm looking for any! The lots get so filled up, and it takes about ten minutes to walk to and from your car and your class, so that's twenty-five mintutes before your class starts, that you have to leave time for.

Kyndall

My classmates are immature and do not care about their education.

My classmates are immature and do not care about their education.

Do not procrastinate because you will recieve no financial aid or scholarships. Focus on applying to scholarships that you have a chance at receiving. Ask for letters of recommendation early. Have confidence in yourself and do not let anyone tell you, you wont succeed. Also, apply to more than five schools.

I would have liked to know the acceptance rate amongst medical school applicants that graduated from VSU.

Eugene

One of the most unique qualities Valdosta State has is the perfect classroom sizes. Professors are able to cater to students on a more personal basis. The campus has beautiful Spanish style buildings with surrounding palm trees. Also, one can lead an active social life with the campust being so close to the downtown area. The people at VSU really seem to care about the future of each and every student. I am very proud to be a part of this wonderful institution that has affected my life in any imaginable way.

The best advice I could give myself would be to never give up and always keep an open mind. It is very important that no matter what hardships you go through you must keep moving forward. As long as there is forward motion, you will not fail. School and life in general will be tough at times, but if you never lose sight of your goals you will never be in over your head. Each experience is a learning experience and will help you in your future career. If you keep and open mind, you will go far. You will have a large variety of friends that will aide you in your college career. Having diversity in your life will keep the door open for opportunities to have life long friends and to have a successful career. No matter how much you may struggle, the people you keep in contact with will always be there for you and help you when you need it the very most. If you make these words your guide, you will go far and never forget those who helped you get there.

The only kind of person i could possibly think of who should not attend VSU would be one who is not goal-oriented and not willing to succeed. There really is a place for everyone here. Every classroom or sporting event you go to is a diverse environment where ev eryone learns from each other. I am so happy to say that the people at VSU will not judge you ever, but instead they embrace you. This cultural melting pot really allows for a wide variety of people to be happy and truly learn from other people and cultures.

Brandon

You need to devote more of your time to studying when you get to college. In high school most things just came easy to me, but in college things go at a different speed so you need to be ready to make the transition. The quicker you realize that the bettter off you will be.

I think the dorm halls. LIving on campus I get to see how clean the dorms are and how clean the VSU staff keeps them.

I mostly brag about how clean the campus is. VIsiting other schools I see that it is a blessing to be on a campus that is clean and pleasant to enjoy!

Chariza

I would advise myself to be more prepared for college. My biggest regret was enrolling into college with an undecided major. In doing that, I wasted almost three semesters. I was not motivated in my school work because I had no destination in my plans. After I found my major, in nursing, I did my best in all my classes and trying to get into the nursing program. I would also tell myself to be more independent and not try to follow your friends' and other's path. Being independent will help you build your own personality and only make you stronger. If you try to stick with your friends that are going down, they will take you down as well. The only person you can trust to make yourself succeed, is your own self.

I feel that anyone that is dedicated in what they do and open-minded would do great in this school. In my experience at Valdosta State University, I have met and conversated with many different kind of people. There are the athletes, academic oriented ones, music lovers, and many more. I would have to say the kind of person that shouldn't attend this school would have to be the close-minded people. The one's that do not accept diversity and change.

Right now, the most frustrating thing about school is meeting all the financial needs. I just got accepted into the nursing program and the expenses are more than I expected. It is hard to find a job right now, especially in a small town. Even if I find a job, it will be difficult to study and excel how I want to in school, while working and taking care of my daughter.

Renee

Valdosta State has the most open-minded people one could ever imagine! In this town, it does not take long to make good friends because everyone is kind, outgoing and steadfast in their studies.

When its time to choose the school of your choice, make sure you follow your instincts. Do plenty of research ahead of time to be ahead of the curve. Also, never be afraid to give a friendly smile and friendly words. If you maintain a positive attitude when applying for admissions, meeting new people, and applying for jobs then you will NEVER meet a stranger! Its all about positioning yourself for success and being positive.

Parking is the most frustrating issue at my school. All on campus student have to park their cars far from their dorms. Of course, this proposes a potential safety issue for students who work during the night time. If Valdosta could find a way to make parking more convenient for students then the campus would not be too far from perfect.

Simeon

Valdosta State is a great school with a very nice environment with many ways of getting your education and work needed to fulfill your major.

Location. Weather. Campus. Sports. Educators. Majors

Simeon, I would like to give you the best advice ever right now. Do not play around when It comes to your work. Keep your grades as high as they can be, do a lot of research on your major, and study very hard what subjects you will need to know so that it would not be very hard in college. Start early in applying for scholarships. Also get a job and instead of spending all your money, save and invest so by the time you get in college you can have a few extra dollars for fees and books.

Kerry

A bit smaller, although it's growing all the time.

If I were to talk to myself, as high school senior about to go off to college, I would advise myself to try more things; join groups and clubs, and try to be more open when meeting people.

Valdosta State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.