Valdosta, GA
Valdosta State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Valdosta State University

RheAnna

The advice i would give to parents and/or students about finding the right college would be to start very early. It is never good to rush into the first college that accepts you. Always take your time to visit the different colleges of your choice along with the area where the college is located. The best thing to do is to be familiar with your surroundings about a place where you will basically be living for the next four years. Once you have decided on the college of your choice and know thats where u want to be, make the best out of it by getting envolved with the college activities and meeting new people. You would be amazed at how far people travel to attend the same college that you decided on. College is what you make of it and i would advice you to make the best of your fours there.

I wish i had known that the off campus space wasnt alot to choose from unless it is real expensive.

I think anyone honestly could attend this school, becasue of its diverse and how well individuals get along with each other. There has never been any problems on campus due to race or anything else that may conflict with the way people feel and think. The environment here is so cool that anyone will fit right in.

Lindsey

teachers seem to be very willing to help students, they don't mind meeting one on one

Find a college that is right for you. Think about whether you want to go to a small close knit college or one that is much larger. Think about what fits youy learning style, look at class size, whether you will have classes in large lecture rooms or smaller classes of 30 or 40 people. Think about what is most important to you such as sports, fraternity/sorority, or campus clubs and activities and make sure the colleges you are considering have these. Have some idea of what you would like your major to be and make sure the college offers this degree. Make sure to visit the colleges you are considering because touring a campus can give you a good idea of what the environment at that school is like.

its small enough that you always no someone in your classes and everyone seems to know everyone

Mary

Shop around, visit a bunch of schools meet current students. Take classes seriously but make time for fun and extra- curricular activities, get invoved in the community.

If I had taken the SAT again and done a little better I could've got way more scholarships.

The sidewalks need to be repaved, they are very broken and uneven.

Chelsea

Find a college that best fits your ideals. Find a school that makes you feel welcome and comfortable.

Sometimes the the teachers are not very flexible with our needs. The curriculum for my field of study will not relate to a job in the real world.

The fact that as a Early Childhood Major we do not have the option to choose and make our own schedules. The college of education chooses our classes for us.

Anna

classmates are fun and interesting, the school is diverse, so you get a lot of view points.

Academics and location were the two things I think are the most important. Make sure you think ahead about how often you want to visit home and how far the trip is. Don't forget about the place the college is in. is it a small town, a city or a suburb? Are you going to like it? I did;t think it really mattered and overlooked that question in my decision process and I regret that now. Also, you want to be at a place that makes you feel comfortable academically. You want to be challenged but not over the top where you don't have time to sleep or eat. But you also don't want to be handed A's. Sometimes you may wish they did that, but you want to learn (that is what college is about).

stacie

when looking at school options, also look at the town it is in. if you know what you want to major in, look into that particular department and determine if the professors can actually help you get were you want to go. if you do not know what you want to major in, it is perfectly fine to be undecided until you know for sure, this will eliminate taking classes for no reason. if you have the "i didnt need to study in high school, and i did just fine" attitude, change it NOW! the earlier you choose to study the better you will be. do not "cram" for tests. this will come back to haunt you to no end! learn the word responsibility. its a hard concpet for some, but will help you later on in life. between the studying and projects and side jobs, remember to have some fun also!

we have a beautiful campus. our front lawn is a nice place to study or take a nap

a person who is looking for a good education, but not on a Harvard level. someone who is able to stay focused in a party town

Edith

Valdosta State has the view of Miami without the ocean and the capability of given you the education you need as any other university, on a smaller scale.

To make most of the college experience for the students and their parents is to work as a team. When I first started college my sons where still in middle school, now one is in college and the other is finishing high school. Working as a team has been the most effective path for all concerned then and now. While my oldest is in college, I am going back to school working on my Masters. As I achieve, it encourages and strengthens them. These qualities come from more then just me attending school; it comes from my approach to life in the same manner, never give up. Things may get rough?but never give up! Do not, I repeat, Do not compare yourself to others and their goals. Make your own, stay organized, and focused. Another part of the team will always be the teacher. Work with the teacher wisely. They are there to assist you in any manner possible. Your teacher can be the best ?Guide? on campus for you and will if you allow them to be.

I wish I had known that Valdosta State was so attentive to their students before come to the campus, and I would have been better able to achieve my goals being a single mother of two.

Kourtnee'

My school is known for football, because we were the Division II National Champions for the 2004 and 2007 football season. We are also the winners of ESPN's TitleTown USA for the year 2008. We have also won 40 other football titles over the years. Those accomplishments bought more students to the school.

When it was time for me to make the decision on where I would continue my education, both my parents and I had a say in the decision. We sat down and listed all of the pros and cons of in state schools verses out of state schools. The same way my parents and I made that decision, I feel that you and your parents should do the same as well. This decision is not one that should be based solely on neither the student?s decision nor the parent?s decision. I feel that this should be discussed together, because in most cases parents are the ones who pay for you to get a higher education. So, why not include them in your decision. Once you have made your final decision about where you are going to get a higher education, you must go in knowing what your priorities are because if not then your grades will definitely start slipping. Your educational life should always come before your night/party life, because there will always be a parties in college. If you are able to keep your priorities in order, you will excel when you go off to college.

When I tell my friends about my school, I tend to brag about the professors. When I tell them about the professors, I tell them that my school has some of the best professors because there always prepared and they are well aware of the subject they are teaching the students. Our professors are even willing to stay late after office hours. At my school as long as the professors see that you are coming to them when you begin to struggle in the class the will always be there to help you.

Paul

My classmates are a unique bunch of different personalities that come together to help each other get through this tough and demanding major of Sports Medicine/ Athletic Training.

My advice to parents and students about finding the right college would be to not to make the decision too quickly and to make sure that if possible, to go and visit the college or university to get a better understanding about the town, people, and even to observe what student life is like. I believe that taking that visit should play an intrical part in the decision about which college or university to attend. Once you decide which college or university to attend, I would advise students to become involved in as many activities as possible. In college, you are a "little fish in a big pond," and in order to meet people and make friends is to get involved with extracurricular activities. My other piece of advice is to go to with an open mind because you are going to have the opportunity to meet and associate with people of many different backgrounds so it is important to have that open mind because every person's personality is different and having an open mind will make it easier for you to get along with other people and vice versa.

It is not so much the school, but the town is sometimes a little too small and there are not enough venues or activites on campus to make up for not having some of the resources as a big town.

Valdosta State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.