Costa Mesa, CA
Vanguard University of Southern California

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vanguard University of Southern California

Lizette

If I had to descibe vanguard in one sentence I would say that vanguard is tight knit community. Vanguard puts an emphisis on creating bonds and reaching to others. Thier goal is to have every student find thier place with in the school becuse they believe every student that steps foot on thier campus has a place.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to not be afraid to fail. The transition from high school to college comes with many different challenges. The most important part is to not be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and and accept those challenges. To fail doesnt mean that all hope is lost. It means that you did a brave which is to step out and try.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of privacy. Vanguard works very hard to ensure that every student feels accepted and open to the people around them. It makes for a friendly atmosphere but there is a sacrifice, which is the privacy available to the students. Everything is expected to be shared with your fellow peers. This can create strong bonds with others but can also be an invasion of your personal privacy. Someone who is an introvert will have a difficult time at this school.

Charlesea

It is a small, Christ based school located in OC.

It is a small, Christ based school located in OC.

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior is that I would take more interest into classes I took in high school so that I can have a better chance of getting into more colleges. I would focus more on planning and organizing my life for the big transition. I would prepare for a whole new life especially because you're living on your own and you need to be able to support yourself, financially, emotionally and mentally. There are people who are there to help you and you should take advantage of getting the help you need. The main piece of advice is to focus and prioritize on what work needs to be done.

I wish I would've known more about how the professors are in the classes they teach. I wanted to know more about the dorm life and just living on campus. I wish I would've known about financial aid and how the breakdown of finances are. I also wish I had more info about the "small store" and bookstore on campus about what they carry and the prices of things

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would make her sit down. I would tell her the great adventures that will take place and about the boy who will steal her heart, but most importantly, I would tell her that you ae there to learn. Yes, there will be times when you want to ditch the old smelly textbooks for the feeling of sand between your toes and salty hair, but don't. Stay in your room and study for Sociology and actually read the textbooks. It is so easy to get distracted and forget that you have a midterm worth thirty percent of your grade but you are in college to learn and be successful, this is your future that is at stake. You are the first in yout family to make it this far, don;t give up and please, don't throw it away. Time will fly by and before you know it, you will be walking the stage and onto bigger and better things. Have fun kid, just not too much fun.

Honestly, the worst thing about Vanguard is the location. Don't get me wrong we are like ten minutes away from the beach but unless you have a car, you're pretty much stuck in th VU bubble. The fairgrounds are right across the street but it gets expensive to go there every weekend, Circle K, Starbucks, Subway, and Jack in the Box are the only things within walking distance.

My friends at home get annoyed when I tell them that I love that Vanguard is so accepting and safe. You could be walking around campus at three in the morning and not even be worried about being mugged or anything like that because there is a police station right net door and campus security is in duty 24/7. As for the accepting part, almost 99.9% of the people you meet at Vanguard are so sweet and polite and more than happy to help you if you're ever in need.

Serene

This is an exciting time in your life, I know that right now it seems very stressful and scary, but there will be times of great excitment and joy too. I want to encourage you to be involved and take chances. You are going to miss your family and friends back home, but try not to go home on the weekends. Stay at school and go to your floor events, don't be afraid to get to know people, because you will find life-long friends there. This is a time where you are going to discover more of who you are, what you like, what you don't like, and what you want to do in life. You will get out of your experience whatever you effort you put into it. Most importantly, and this is one I think most people learn the hard way, is remember to take care of yourself before you try to take care of others. Be honest with yourself and don't be afraid to ask for help, you will be surrounded by people who love you. I am really excited for you and this new adventure, I know how much you like adventures!

Again, I think my school is great but the cost of the meal plan and the quality of the food is not that great. I know this may seem like a minor detail, but paying $500 a month for food is slightly ridiculous, a family of four doesn't pay that much. I provide for myself, my mom does not work and does not support me so I have to support myself. I don't want to put a whole month's paycheck towards food. In my opinion, there are more important things to put that money towards.

Vanguard is known for their closes knit community. The teachers are very one on one an care about your future and you as perosn. Located near the beach is also another benefit for those who attend vanguard.

If I could hop into a time machine and go back to High School I would first go with right mindset. Starting my freshman year I was all about the social aspect of high school, hanging out with friends and flirting with boys. My focus was nowhere near getting an education. It reflected on my transcript. My sophmore year wasnt much different. My junior i started realizing that I needed to get into college and put a little more pep in my step. My senior I really kicked it into gear. But througout my high school career I never gave 100 percent. That's the number one advice I would give to high school self. Always give your 100 percent in everything you do whether it be school or sports. Dont worry what others think or say of you because you need to realize that your not in school for them. In the end you will probably never see them again till your college reunion and what will you have to say for your self then. High school prepares you for college, and collge prepares you for the the rest of your life. Think of high school as a cornerstone.

Someone who shouldnt attend this school would be someone who doesnt like a small campus. A small campus is also a close knit community. everyone tends to know everyone. Also those who dont like religious affiliations at school Vanguard makes them mandatory.

Sarai

The advice i would give myself is to start thinking ahead and working on scholarships to pay for school. It can be pretty expensive to go to school and follow your dreams but there are organizations out there who do try to help you out through scholarships you just have to look for them and be persistant.

The best thing about our school are the faculty. There are some great proffessors who have the best interest in you.

Someone who doesn't take school seriously and someone who doesn't want to choose a lifestyle of following Jesus because this is a christian school and it is important for the school body to reflect Jesus.

Robin

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would say prepare for the most important step in your life. College is all about getting your degree and pursuing the career of your dreams, and college gives you that opportunity. When you go to college, you must be prepared. You need to apply for as many scholarships, loans, and grants as you can. It is important to have as much money as possible to cover your college expenses because college is very expensive; however, it is well worth it. Choosing the right degree for you is essential as well. Most college students end up changing their major and have to start over; therefore, it is wise to choose the right degree and stick with it. Preparing for the most important step in your life is the advice I would give myself if I was a high school senior again.

Katherine

Vanguard is home. When I first visited, I knew this was the school for me because it had the feeling of being a home not just a campus. The community here is amazing and the people here become like your family.

It is a Christian University, so if you are looking for a school with a Christian environment in the class room, Vanguard is the place.

“Do not stress out!” This statement would be the first thing out of my mouth. I have a tendency to over think, which in turn leads to creating problems that do not really exist; this in turn leads to me experiencing excessive stress. As I was preparing for college, I found myself feeling unprepared for college life. I had never been away from home for more than a week and I felt that my high school classes were not challenging enough to prepare me for college. I also was not the most social person in high school so I also worried about not making any friends. Now that I have been at college for almost a year I find that I was worried for nothing. Sure it was strange not having my parents’ right down the hall but it was also a great growing experience. Also, my teachers did a great job in preparing me for what college would be like. Lastly, I have made some amazing friends. So remember “historic” me, don’t stress, you are going to be fine.

Angela

I would tell myself to better prepare myself. I know that if I had applied myself I would be either going to College of Idaho or University of Idaho. Also, that I shouldn't have let the amount of going to these colleges scare me. That I should have applied for all the help I could get. Right now I'm attending community college which I think was a good choice because it helped me stay used to going to school. But I promised myself my freshman year that I would transfer out in order to make my career dream come true. Since I was little I’ve wanted to be a lawyer and I know that I have to have my bachelor degree to get into law school. I was lost but now I’m determined to make that come true and I would really appreciate getting this scholarship. I will work my hardest and make it worth being picked to receive this scholarship.

Vanguard University of Southern California administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.