Costa Mesa, CA
Vanguard University of Southern California

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vanguard University of Southern California

Chelsea

My school has good quality academics as well as friendly staff and students.

My school has good quality academics as well as friendly staff and students.

To find the right college, decide want you want in a college: size, quality, community, etc. Then research colleges with those qualities. Visit the college, talk with students and professors, attend a class. To make the most of the college experience, be involved, but not so as it will interfere with your grades. Participate, come eager to learn. If you are a Christian, seek God's will for your school and your experiences there.

People that are not serious about learning, or people that do not want to be a part of our friendly community.

The best advice I could give is to find the campus that fits you the best. If you visit the campus and it feels like home then you know that is where you should go and what would be best for you. Academics are extremely important but you need to find somewhere where you will have an amazing experience a part from that as well.

The type of person who wants to be a part of an amaing community, that wants to grow in their relationship with God and be able to find out what they want to do for the rest of their life or excel in what they already want to do. Someone who wants to be a part of a small campus by the beach.

The most frustrating part of my school is that it is a small private school and so it does not have all of the advantages and amazing alumni group that you would have at a large university.

Kelsey

Some advice that I would give parents/students on selecting the right college would honestly go with what you feel good about. What I mean is that college is not just about going to some big name school for the popularity of it. For example, at my high school everyone wanted to go to USC or UCLA just becuase they are popular schools. Yet, once I really started looking at all of my options I found that maybe a smaller school would be a better fit for me. It's all about what you want out of your college experience. Some want to go to college to find themselves and experience fraternities and or sororities; I personally did not want to engage in that type of lifestyle, I wanted a more laid-back "homey" feeling at my college choice. So, in my personal opinion it is best to figure out what you want from a college in deciding where to go. What types of things each university has such as sports teams, clubs, extracurricular activities, majors and local social life. I am personally very happy I chose a small school insead of a big one.

The best thing about Vanguard University would probably be the community. The teachers are so personable and everyone is really friendly. I felt at home right away as a freshman. It is also a very small campus so you start to recognize people and you just say hello and its nice to see such familiar faces all the time.

The worst thing about my school would probably have to be the cost of tuition. It costs almost $34,000 a year. Scholarships help most students but for those of us with middle class families loans are our best option.

Brittnie

To make a list of places that they want to go and give reasons why and then look into the programs there and see which school has the best program for their particular major and/or sport. If your an athlete go to the school that will give you a scholarship because those are extremely helpful when it comes to paying for your school. If it wasn't for mine I wouldn't be going to school right now. Also praying and seeing which school God would want you to go to where you would grow the most as a person and spiritually.

The Academics and Music program and also the TENNIS team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The community and the overall campus life is amazing and I enjoy every second of it. When school was out for the summer the girls on my floor including myself were crying because we were gonna miss each other so much and didn't want to leave

Jenny

Find out what you are interested in, what you have passion for, and try to major in that. Don't worry if you have no idea what you want to do in life, no one really does. Ultimately, find a college that makes you feel good. If you don't find it at the first college you attend, transfer. It's not a huge commitment. Visit the colleges you apply for and make sure you'll love where you are. Also, live on campus as much as you can--it's one of the best experiences I've ever had. Make friends and don't stress too much. It's not a race, it's some of the best years of your life and they go by way too quickly.

The worst things about Vanguard is that we know we are a "holy huddle." We are such a strong community that we don't always assimilate well into the surrounding areas in Orange County. We can do mission trips around the world and do outreach work, but it's hard for us to make friends outside Vanguard who live in Orange County.

Our financial aid department isn't the most competent in terms of filing. They often mess up our financial standings and request things that either we have already given them or that isn't applicable to us. It's frustrating because Vanguard is a private christian university, so it costs a great deal more than a state school and the majority of the students are in financial crises. We do receive a great amount of aid, but it's just not enough.

Jasun

Vanguard is a fun filled place to grow and encounter new experiences.

Vanguard is a fun filled place to grow and encounter new experiences.

Finding the right college takes a great deal of research. One needs to take into consideration the hobbies, major, location, weather, sports, living area, cafeteria and even safety into account when choosing a school. With technology and help of Campus discovery, pepole can find these facts all online. Money is very important but, when looking for schools I personally wouldn't let financial difficulties limit your opportunities. If you find an amazing school that is too expensive to attend all 4 years then it can be used for motivational purposes. You can always go to a community college for two years, save money and have a chance at the dream college/university. After doing all the research, you may find yourself with a top five or even top ten schools.

the best thing about our school is the size. Everyone knows eachother and can be there for eachother spiritually.

Roxanne

To the parents and students who are trying to find the "right college" I would say keep your eyes, ears, mind, and heart open. I use the word "open" because very often, when looking at our future, we bring along with us our own ideas that may or may not be rooted in reality. Being open to the opportunities that lie ahead is key to making the most of our college experience. It is during this crucial time. Parents - your son or daughter will be leaving home, may not in a physical and literal sense, but nonetheless will be away from you. For you parents, you should strive to think the best of your adult child and always encourage him/her. We, the students will have enough to think about without your constant reminders of right and wrong. And for you students, remember things may not always be as they seem and the one thing that you can be sure of is yourself. During the college experience, who you are will be questioned, proded, and poked in ways that you may have never experienced before; so take hold of this opportunity to discover you dreams and go for them.

Miscommunication. Some of the departments don't communicate well with each other and the students and it ends up being a lot of extra work and grief to get, what should have been a simple task done.

The professors...they are all experts in their respective fields and could be making a lot more money if they decided to go back to those fields; but they stay and teach the next generation and invest in the lives of young people and the future of us all. They work at Vanguard because the believe in the students and teach the students to believe in themselves.

Dawn

Its religious focus, the larger majors, including the graduate programs, & its community based campus.

Definitely visit the campus, talk to current students, faculty, & staff in order to decide if it's the best fit for you.

Those who have no moral values & do not want to live up to Christian standards.

my classmates are helpful, understanding, smart, funny, and outgoing.

my classmates are helpful, understanding, smart, funny, and outgoing.

To find the one the fits you best as a person.

what is most frustrating Addministration not knowing what the are doing and that the departments do not talk to each other.

Vanguard University of Southern California administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.