Springfield, OH
Wittenberg University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wittenberg University

Audra

My school is best known for the attention given to its students by faculty and administrators, as well as its strong community within the student body. I would also say that my school is known for its flexibility of course schedules so that all students take classes in a variety of disciplines.

If I were to give advice to my high school self, I would, without question, begin by telling myself that everything can, and will, work out. The biggest mistake I made throughout my senior year and my college transition was putting too much stress on myself to predict the future. I can see now that this is both irrational and unhelpful. While there have been--and will be--bumps on the road, the only thing I can do is to trust that I have a bright future ahead, whether or not it turns out "as planned". The next thing I would tell myself is that the real key to college is finding early on a balance between academia and activities/social life. Don't burn yourself out on studying, and don't lose your focus halfway through the semester. Take a moment to reflect on where your priorities lie, and then schedule accordingly, while still leaving yourself some open time to clear your head (so that you don't lose it). Lastly, I would tell myself not to be afraid to sit back and take a deep breath; college is a wild ride, but the best one of your life.

The kind of person who should attend this school is one who believes that overall communication and critical thinking skills are just as important as specific knowledge in a particular field when it comes to hiring, and who believes that the best way to improve these skills is by taking a wide variety of classes taught by professors who are accessible and helpful.

Irene

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say, "If you want to be happy and to be successful in college, then you will be." I would continue on, saying that having a good college experience does not depend on the location, on the price, or on the size; college is what you make of it. I would tell myself to stop being so shy and to get involved in everything that I possibly could. It is a new beginning and a once in a lifetime oppotunity to start out fresh. I would finish with the advice that everything is going to get better. Let go of the past, embrace the present, and work for the future.

Someone who is interested in community service and in a very family oriented atmosphere should attend Wittenberg. So far, I have found that all of the upper classmen that I have met have been extremely welcoming and kind. Overall, he Wittenberg student seems to be someone who cares deeply about helping others, preserving the environment, pursuing their passion, and having some fun along the way!

Rhiannon

Small class size and accessbility to professors.

Small class size and accessbility to professors.

Don't worry about the money. Go to a school where you feel truly at home and don't look at the "pricetag". College is a once in a liftime oppurtunity and you want to go to a place where you feel comfortable and a place where you can thrive and grow as an individual. Knowledge has no pricetag so go to the college where you feel like you will really benefit by having an education from that institution.

Someone who is looking to blend in and get away with not coming to class...professors notice if you aren't in class.

Audra

My school is best known for its highly accessible, caring, and involved teachers as well as its friendly environment.

My advice to my high school senior self would first be to consider everywhere when applying to schools. You will never know which places you like, where you can get in, or where you can afford until you give all kinds of places a fighting chance. The second thing I would tell myself would be to try and make connections as soon as I get to college; it is so worth it to feel comfortable and have people you can go to. College is overwhelmingly different from high school and its easy to crawl into your shell in the first semester, but the longer you wait, the harder it will be, and afterwards you will be so glad to have people to connect with. The third thing I would tell myself is to try and figure out how to live a healthy lifestyle of your own accord. Sure, it was easy at home when mom made you eat vegetables with every meal, but it's a little harder when you have a food court with the option of pizza and fries every day. Your health is important; fight that freshman fifteen! But most of all, enjoy this while it lasts.

Even in my largest class (about 80 students), the first time I ever went to my professor's office hours he knew my name, how I was doing in his class, and my intended major off the top of his head.

Michelle

I would definitely tell myself to spend more time with the great friends I had in high school rather than study so much and to remember that high school is temporary. Those mean and hateful people there usually peak in high school and you are bound for bigger and better things than them. Keep your head up and reach for the moon, kid.

The best things about Wittenberg are as follows: the student-faculty reslationship, overall campus atmosphere, and smaller class sizes.

The type of people at Wittenberg are very open-minded, goal-oriented, involved in the campus and community, and have a passion for spreading the WIttenberg light to others all across the globe.

Abby

Wittenberg is best known for it's academic reputation, offering a challenging and engaging liberal arts curriculum. Wittenberg is also known for it's strong biology program.

Wittenberg's campus is diverse in more ways than ethnicity or race, including all different religions, extra curricular acitivities and majors. A joke around campus is that everyone is too involved, but that's only because there are so many great opportunites, from kayaking club to the Greek Life. Though we are all very different people, there is a stong sense of community and everyone offers a helping hand when it is needed.

I would advise myself to stop and take a deep breath, relax. The application process is stressful, especially when it comes down to making a final decision. But in the end, you end up where you are meant to be, and life starts to fall into place. I would advise myself to apply to everywhere I was interested, even if I thought I never had a chance, because Wittenberg was one of those places where I never expected to be accepted, and here I am. I would also tell myself that it is going to be tough, no matter where you go. The social life is tough, having a roommate is tough, the academics are even tougher, but most of all the transition is tough. But you will make it. You will make it and you will thrive, so long as you put in the effort. Also, be sure and make some time for yourself every once in awhile.

devonta

Wittenberg University is a very well-rounded school, and the school, and professors really care about your success here at the university.

I would give myself the advice of knowing how to be more determined in academics. In college i have found things that have motivated me to want to be successful in the classroom. I would have told myself in highschool that it wasnt just going to be a social life, and that it requires a Full-Time type schedule to be a successful student. Biggest piece of advice i would give myself coming out of highschool would to not be so nervous.

The best thing about the school is definitely the professors that teach here at Wittenberg, because they arent here for the money they are here for the students success.

Nathaniel

It is probably the most friendly school you'll ever visit--so don't feel shy, you won't be discluded!

Originally, I attended American University in Washington DC. If I could go back and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell him not to--Wittenberg University, although not my first choice of college, is my home. I wish I could have spent 4 years here instead of having to spend my last 3 here, because this is where i truly belong.

Individuals who attend this school are unique and driven to learn--Wittenberg offers a great liberal arts program, so if you like learning about lots of different topics, this school is for you!

Kaitlin

My classmates aren't just my peers- they are my future coworkers, the country's leaders, the driving force to make the world a genuinely better place and a group of people that I am fortunate to grow with during my academic endeavors.

Wittenberg University appears to be just like any other private, liberal arts college on the surface. Somewhere between the professors, the students, the lectures, and the labs, something is unique to the university. Maybe it's the professors who can step off of their highly educated platform and really speak to their students on an intellectual and emotional level. Maybe it's the closeness of the students that makes the campus feel like a home. I can't pinpoint what exactly makes Wittenberg unique, but if one just steps onto the brick pathway, you might begin to understand.

I know what you're thinking. You're not just a high schooler, you're a SENIOR. And somehow that word makes you feel entitled, smarter than you really are, and overly confident. Please don't think that way. You have so much to learn, whether it be in your studies or in the real world. If you thought high school classes were demanding, just wait until next fall. Don't worry though, you still have plenty of time. Budget it wisely! The better you are at juggling a busy schedule, the easier it will seem when it really matters. Even though high school is incredibly crucial to your academic development, you're still in the minors. You're lucky though, come next fall you get a clean slate when you enter the major leagues. It is truly a privilege to attend college, so make the most of it. Take pride in yourself for making it this far, but stay motivated to go even farther. Take each day as a gift, fill your brain with all the knowledge you can, and strive for excellence. Be confident in yourself and your abilities and you will be just fine.

Courtney

Courtney, get ready to meet so many new people, learn how to interact with them and don't be nervous! Be confident in yourself. Not only in your ability to achieve highly, but also in your ability to make friends. Don't be afraid to talk to professors, you will look back and laugh at the time you were nervous to ask your advisor what he thought you should minor in! Be excited! Know that you can't plan every detail, and stop trying to! Plan for the unexpected to happen, and just let yourself have fun! You are going to love college; be prepared to change, and to learn so many new things. Don't worry about memorizing every detail; focus on getting the main ideas and learning the parts that interest you. (Everything is interesting by the way). This is college, synonymous with so many things: fun, focus, knowledge, hard work, discipline, and joy. So let it be all those things, and more. You need to relax and enjoy the ride because you are going to love every bit of it. PS, you are very prepared for this, its almost like high school, but more fun!

I wish I had known how prominent the party scene on campus was. I'm not a big party person and it was surprising to see how many people participate and how often parties occur.

Any kind of person willing to do hard work can attend this school, there is a niche here for everyone. As long as the person has the drive to achieve and is willing to try a few new things, they will fit right in.

Wittenberg University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.