Springfield, OH
Wittenberg University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wittenberg University

Jacob

my school is a community that helps each other out. you can not go through the campus without someone saying hello to you. my school is a prestigious university that will bring out the best in anybody going there.

i would tell myself to make sure my grades stay up and to enjoy going to college because it is going to be one of the best times of your life so take it all in.

Having a light within us, we pass on intellectual inquiry, compassion, and the need for global citizenship from one generation to the next bringing light to all.

It’s the fall of my senior year in high school, and I’m standing at the sidelines at half time waiting to march for the last time on this rugged football field. We didn’t have much at our high school, but we sure had pride. Standing under those bright lights for the last time, feeling the anticipation of the crowd awaiting our performance, was a feeling like no other. In that final moment life felt infinite, however I felt the future lurking in the back of my mind. Who was I going to be in the world? I had spent so much of high school participating in marching band, student government, and community service. I didn’t really know what all of this did for me until this moment. Suddenly I understood that what matters in life is that I always have something to be proud of, something in life that pushes me to be a better person and to help make the world a better place. Looking back now, I would tell myself to trust that instinct. The instinct that with faith and good will, we will always find our way in a sea of insecurities.

Wittenberg is a very accepting and diverse campus. Any student who wants a prosperous, vitalizing education would succeed greatly here. Wittenberg not only focuses on your education, but your growth as an individual. This campus has already taught me how to have faith in my choices, and to believe in a world of giving and generosity. One person's actions can affect millions, and any individual willing to do good in the world would fit right in at Wittenberg.

Heath

My classmates at Wittenberg are intellectually curious, fun to be around, and good friends.

If I were to go back in time to when I was in high school I would tell myself to be interested in college early. We are always told during our freshman year that college is too far away to worry about at that moment. I honestly wish I would have went ahead and started looking and had really taken an interest in college at that point. A college decision can be stressful and it doesn't help that we are encouraged to hold off thinking about college until our junior and senior years. I would tell high school students today that they should start looking and thinking about where they want to go and what they might want to do during their freshman year of high school. It could change but gathering information early is an easy way to take stress off of you at a later date when you also have graduation and financial aid to worry about. It also will give you space to make a much more informed decision that might save money and put you on a better path for your education.

I really don't think there is anything about Wittenberg that is extremely frustrating. I love the school and I chose it because it was the best fit for me and it has lived up to all of my expectations. The professors really care about their students and work their hardest to help us succeed. I think that the campus is extremely beautiful and has everything that I would expect in a college. Our education is also very in depth. I have taken classes at other universities and I can recognize a major difference in the quality of the education.

Sabrina

Wittenberg University is a school where individuals come to find themselves with the help of peers, teachers, and the surrounding community.

If I could go back in time and tell my high school senior self anything it would be to focus less on grades and more on being a well-rounded student. I was one of those students that took difficult classes, but only the ones that I knew I could get good grades in because I was convinced all colleges cared about were my grades. Wittenbeg University has taught me that , while grades are important, being well-rounded is essential. For example, in high school I would never take politic classes because I assumed I could not succeed as well as in other classes. It is part of Wittenberg's motto to be a well-rounded student; therefore, I took a political philosphy class and learned more than I could ever imagine. While I did not get as good of grades in that class as I'd hoped, I've learned that it's not the grade that matters but rather the information that will help my future self. If I'd had this adivce in high school I would have focused on being well-rounded and learned more about myself than I ever could've focusing solely on grades.

The best thing about Wittenberg University is the people I have met. These people have helped me to find myself, when I didn't know there was anything left to be found. I feel supported not only by my teachers, but also all of my peers. I work along side of my peers to solve problems rather than seeing them as a competition I must beat out to be in the top of my class. I'm gaining more from my education here because I'm learning from my classmates just as much as I'm learning from my professors.

People will tell you that college is the most exciting, most liberating, and best experience of your life! Well, they're right. But what they leave out is that the amount of time you should spend on academics is more than the amount of time you spend doing everything else! Yeah, you know you're going to college to get an education, but the effort needed to make the grades is immense. Just remember to plan and stay on top of your work and you'll be fine! When you get to college, remember to have fun. College will be what you make of it. You have the choice to go out, get involved, make memories and lasting relationships! Or you can stay in your dorm and watch movies all weekend and despise college. The choice is yours. As you make the final decsions on which university is right for you, remember to choose the school based on what you want. Ignore other people's opinions because this decision will be your life for the next four years. Don't stress too much in the college decision process, because you're about to enter the best years of your life!

Choosing from thousands of schools across the nation can seem impossible. I wish I knew that it didn't matter where my parents wanted me to go, or where my high school friends were going, or where I could get the best scholarhsip, as long as I wanted to go and I'd be happy there, it'd be okay. So many people make college decsions based on what other people want for them. If you can say with confidance "I'm going to this university because I want to!" it'll be the best decision you'll make.

If you've ever wanted to feel a sense of inclusion, compassion, challenge, and home, well Wittenberg is where you need to go. I pride myself in going to a university that has such friendly students and faculty. Everyday, people take interest in my life and my academics on a personal level. I am always challenged to better myself through academics, community service, and through exploring who I want to be. There are so many activities on campus here where I can be myself and am welcomed with open arms. That's what home is to me. Home is Wittenberg.

Audra

My school is best known for the attention given to its students by faculty and administrators, as well as its strong community within the student body. I would also say that my school is known for its flexibility of course schedules so that all students take classes in a variety of disciplines.

If I were to give advice to my high school self, I would, without question, begin by telling myself that everything can, and will, work out. The biggest mistake I made throughout my senior year and my college transition was putting too much stress on myself to predict the future. I can see now that this is both irrational and unhelpful. While there have been--and will be--bumps on the road, the only thing I can do is to trust that I have a bright future ahead, whether or not it turns out "as planned". The next thing I would tell myself is that the real key to college is finding early on a balance between academia and activities/social life. Don't burn yourself out on studying, and don't lose your focus halfway through the semester. Take a moment to reflect on where your priorities lie, and then schedule accordingly, while still leaving yourself some open time to clear your head (so that you don't lose it). Lastly, I would tell myself not to be afraid to sit back and take a deep breath; college is a wild ride, but the best one of your life.

The kind of person who should attend this school is one who believes that overall communication and critical thinking skills are just as important as specific knowledge in a particular field when it comes to hiring, and who believes that the best way to improve these skills is by taking a wide variety of classes taught by professors who are accessible and helpful.

Irene

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say, "If you want to be happy and to be successful in college, then you will be." I would continue on, saying that having a good college experience does not depend on the location, on the price, or on the size; college is what you make of it. I would tell myself to stop being so shy and to get involved in everything that I possibly could. It is a new beginning and a once in a lifetime oppotunity to start out fresh. I would finish with the advice that everything is going to get better. Let go of the past, embrace the present, and work for the future.

Someone who is interested in community service and in a very family oriented atmosphere should attend Wittenberg. So far, I have found that all of the upper classmen that I have met have been extremely welcoming and kind. Overall, he Wittenberg student seems to be someone who cares deeply about helping others, preserving the environment, pursuing their passion, and having some fun along the way!

Rhiannon

Small class size and accessbility to professors.

Small class size and accessbility to professors.

Don't worry about the money. Go to a school where you feel truly at home and don't look at the "pricetag". College is a once in a liftime oppurtunity and you want to go to a place where you feel comfortable and a place where you can thrive and grow as an individual. Knowledge has no pricetag so go to the college where you feel like you will really benefit by having an education from that institution.

Someone who is looking to blend in and get away with not coming to class...professors notice if you aren't in class.

Audra

My school is best known for its highly accessible, caring, and involved teachers as well as its friendly environment.

My advice to my high school senior self would first be to consider everywhere when applying to schools. You will never know which places you like, where you can get in, or where you can afford until you give all kinds of places a fighting chance. The second thing I would tell myself would be to try and make connections as soon as I get to college; it is so worth it to feel comfortable and have people you can go to. College is overwhelmingly different from high school and its easy to crawl into your shell in the first semester, but the longer you wait, the harder it will be, and afterwards you will be so glad to have people to connect with. The third thing I would tell myself is to try and figure out how to live a healthy lifestyle of your own accord. Sure, it was easy at home when mom made you eat vegetables with every meal, but it's a little harder when you have a food court with the option of pizza and fries every day. Your health is important; fight that freshman fifteen! But most of all, enjoy this while it lasts.

Even in my largest class (about 80 students), the first time I ever went to my professor's office hours he knew my name, how I was doing in his class, and my intended major off the top of his head.

Wittenberg University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.