Wittenberg University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wittenberg University

Alexanderia

Wittenberg University is a college that is accepting of all cultures. It is a place that strives to help their students at all times in order for them to succeed in their chosen career paths. This is a place where the students free to come to their professors with any question at any time of the day and their questions are always welcomed because the professors want to help the students learn.

Chase

i am a senior at walnut hills high school and i was accpeted into wittenberg and i am very intersted in attedning the school in fall of 2016. i would like to know if any scholarships are available

Lilliana

Wittenberg is a great academic university, where every student is involved in the community and strives to live a better life in benefitting themselves and others. The faculty here are really caring and does not mind helping students in any way they can. Campus life is great and constantly active or involved through sports, clubs, and group activities.

Ciara

I really enjoy being enrolled at Wittenberg University. There is never a dull day here on campus. There is always something to do whether it be running, participating in club activities, or just hanging out with your new friends. I can't wait to spend the next three years of my college career here!

Jair

My experience on and off campus has been nothing but positive. This is my first experience being away from my family and it has taken a little while to get adjusted to it but with the new people that I have met they have helped. Participating in campus sports has helped me to retain a support system for academics as well.

Olesya

I love many parts of it, but some have disappointed me. I really love my professors and the classes and everyone on campus but often it's pretty boring here and not much to do. The food here sucks and the area around campus isn't very safe either. Somethings are pretty limited.

Danielle

Wittenberg is a good liberal art university. However, it could do more to improve the campus and the resident buildings. The cafeteria is rather small as well and does not offer a wide variety of food options especially to vegans or vegetarians. The professors are all really attentive and really want their students to succeed at everything they do.

Casey

I love Wittenberg! I feel extremely safe and I feel completely at home when I am there. Coming from a small school, it was a huge culture shock, but I easily adjusted. The classroom is a good size and you really get that Professor-Student relationship that most colleges do not have. Wittenberg is a great place.

Zadia

Wittenberg is a great college. There are many great people and the academics are outstanding but you have to work really hard to get the best grades. Partying is not a good thing to participate in if you want to be super successful in your classes. The dorms are really old but I think that each building has a different personality. The campus is really nice and pretty and anyone would be happy to be a Wittenberg student.

Michelah

Overall I think Wittenberg is a nice little environment, it gives students the comfort of not being at an overwhelmingly big campus. The students are friendly as well as the professors. They’re are also plenty of opportunities on campus in order to get involved in the Wittenberg community.

Ashton

Wittenberg university is a place where I can grow and learn as a student. They are always here to help with anything that I need. I feel safe here and know that if I. Ever need anything there are so many outlets. I am so thankful to have found a school that is centered around each students individuality and I know I can thrive here.

Mykaela

Wittenberg seems like perfect dream to me. When I went on my campus visit i knew that Wittenberg was the place for me. Everyone, the students and staff, where so nice and willing to help with any problems. They also give amazing resources for tutoring which is a big help to many and I can not wait to attend so I can start my journey.

Peniel

Love the culture and how much people love the school and also the small classroom sizes. The students seem to enjoy being around each other and everyone cares about each other and wants to make sure that if someone is in trouble, that the person is safe.

Dana

Wittenberg University is great; the campus is beautiful and the people are polite. Classes are very involved and professors are ready and willing to assist you. There are numerous on campus facilities designed to help you accomplish your goals and there is always something to do.

Matthew

It's great, everyone is friendly and there's always something to do. Professors are always there to help and are at most a phone call/e-mail away. It's a tight nit community among students and staff. The campus is also very beautiful, and has around 20 or so acres of it.

Breann

I absolutely love the professors. They are a student's best support system. They are almost always available to talk and help many students receive internships and co-ops. There are lots of opportunities for research to be done alongside professors. Professors have regular office hours.

I love Wittenberg. It felt like where I needed to be from the moment I walked on campus. When I leave for break, I refer to Wittenberg as "home", rather than my actual house with my family. There is much to do, but there's no pressure if you aren't a part of any specific club. Some college things can't be avoided, like iffy cafe food, but Witt is still great. Tiger Up!

Katherine

To me, what made the most difference was the professors and community. No matter what the problem is, I know there is somebody I can reach out to through my campus resources. Wittenberg's liberal arts education has broadened my horizons and made me into a more well-rounded individual. Not to mention how gorgeous the campus is; lots of students can be found outside enjoying our campus' green hills

Katharine

Wittenberg is my home, moving back was a lot harder than I thought. The people are great, the professors are great, and its a great life on campus. Ive made some of the best friends and have had so many new chances land at my feet thanks to Witt! Tiger up!

Jeep hater

I always see this rich fuckhead in a lifted burgundy jeep wrangler that his daddy bought him and it pisses me off so much, but wait it gets better. As he steps out of daddys jeep hes vineyard vines head to toe with a gay flashy watch and gay faggot ray-bans. I could almost puke thinking about him. He drives daddys jeep like he owns campus and im honestly sick of it.

Meseker

I have spent a semester at Wittenberg University and I can say I have had a pleasurable experience. The classes I took were amazing. The professors were very eager to help and challenged us to stimulate our intellectual growth. The Wittenberg student community has a way of making you feel like you are welcome. Overall I loved my first semester.

Zadia

Wittenberg is very expensive. The housing and food services could use some work but over all the people are great and the classes are the perfect size so you can get to know your classmates and professors and they can get to know you. There are many ways to get involved such as clubs, sports, and greek life.

Rinn

Wittenberg is a great school. The campus is small, meaning it doesn't take more than a ten minute walk to get to your classes, and everything you could possibly need, from dorms to dinner to parties, is on one street. The community is one of the most notable points of Witt. Everyone is friendly to everyone, and you can truly make your experience your own.

Kathlein

I love the sense of community among the students, faculty and staff. Your ability to succeed is very dependent on how you interact and help those around you. Professors are readily available and opportunities for advancement are never lacking. the amount of student organizations that Witt has is very surprising considering how small the campus is (108 student orgs with a rough student body of 2,000). I enjoy that students and staff alike understand that you are a STUDENT first and an athlete or club member second. I also enjoy that there are many opportunities to bond outside of academic settings wether it be at sporting events, Union board sponsored entertainment or parties. There is also an equal emphasis on sports and arts cultures, which is something that a lot of schools do not have. Overall, there is a little bit of something for everyone!

Kaitlin

The school is mostly comprised of three types of people. Locals, future alcoholics involved in Greek Life, and people who regret coming here. The school is in massive debt, a lot of the departments are underfunded, and programs are constantly being cut.

I absolutely love it here at Wittenberg University, it definitely deserves all the praise it receives. Professors try to always be available to students. Other students are friendly and accepting of diversity. And there's so much you can do on campus, you're guaranteed to find your niche and friends. TIGER UP!

Jake

Wittenberg is a great place to spend for years at as long as you give it a chance. Although we may not be as flamboyant as an Ohio State or a Cincinnati, Wittenberg has plenty of opportunities for students. Whether it is the classmates that you get close with, the teachers that guide you, or the connections you use Wittenberg is a great place to spend your time.

Casey

My overall opinion of Wittenberg is that the people here are amazing, talented, understanding. The Wittenberg staff does everything possible to get students involved and active on campus. For someone who is shy, I can say they do a pretty good job. I can definitely say that I have grown close with most of my professors, which I know a lot of kids who go to bigger universities can't say. I love having discussions with my professors and I love that they care about what I think and what I have to say!

Marteana

Wittenberg University is a great school to got to because the professors really care about you and can talk to them almost about anything to. Also, they really make sure you are having a great time here and keep you busy when feeling bored. It is rare if a student on this campus to say they having to do unless they are completely not in anything. Overall i really love this school!

Wittenberg University is a wonderful school where learning is a top priority and the professors are extremely accessible. You are never without an activity if you so choose, and there are plenty of ways to get involved and expand your horizons in and out of the classroom.

D'Anthony

Wittenberg is a great school and has a wide diversity of students. At Wittenberg there are many things you can do from athletics to extra curricular activities. For those who enjoy the party scene there is always somewhere for you to go and the campus life is full of fun.

Lily

I love being a student here at Wittenberg University because it's a great school for those seeking a strong community atmosphere for college. I was looking for a smaller school with a welcoming community and I found my home here at Wittenberg. The classes are challenging yet engaging and I learn something new and mind blowing each day. There are many clubs/extracurricular activities to join so you should/t have any trouble finding something to do outside of the classroom.

Aniya

I love how Accepting and generous Wittenberg University is.

Josh

What a joke of a University. I have no clue where to begin. I have never seen a D3 university spend more money on athletics instead of academics. This school constantly wonders why they are in debt while they take donor’s money and throw it in the athletic department. Not only that, the money donors send to the athletic department only helps start the project where the university will have to find away to pay for the rest (Debt). This school is the exact opposite of progressive and the students mirror that in the way they act. The academic programs are not built for the future. No engineering 4 year, no 4 year nursing, no PreMed. Instead of building a 50 million dollar athletic warehouse facility... build a nursing building. Build an engineering building. Build dorms. What an embarrassment. Not worth the money!!

There was a brief moment when I thought I would be able to call Wittenberg home, however the longer I am here the more I despise it. If you're lucky you will find about 5 people who you truly like, and those people will be lifelong friends. But they are not enough to redeem the overwhelming amounts of faults Wittenberg has. The food served in the dining hall which we call CDR is horrid. It has been documented to have roaches within it, if you are vegetarian good luck finding anything further than cereal or potatoes to eat; fruits and vegetables are rotten and almost always inedible. Furthermore, Wittenberg would rather sink itself financially in order to boost up the shitty D3 sports team instead of using a little bit of money to secure their arts programs. Instead art programs are severely neglected and, despite being a liberal arts school, are severely neglected.

Allison

The class size is nice, and small. The professors are accessible and kind towards their students. The surrounds of campus worries me sometimes with what goes around in the towns. Overall I think Wittenberg University is a good place, but could use some adjustments as well.

Personally, I believe there could be improvements made to this university. Coming from a big city, the transition was very difficult because everything is very spread out; it feels like students need cars to get to any store which I am not a fan of. The school population itself is very small, but that's not something the university can control, but the way the school has been trying to make up for the low enrollment is by pitching this school to all the prospective students and it doesn't feel authentic. The professors are very knowledgable about the classes they teach and are very passionate about the topics which helps to keep students engaged in class.

Isabel

I definitely wish someone had told me that Wittenberg was going through a Serious Financial Crisis before I came. Professors are being dismissed, and this is being really poorly conveyed to both students and faculty. There's been multiple protests in the past few weeks. However, as I told the student I showed around, there are lots of aspects of Witt that I like: solid student body, good organizations to join, good professors, etc. It's really a balancing act, and I hope Witt comes out on top.

Davieonna

My overall opinion of Wittenberg university is that the university does a wonderful job in educating its visitors/ future students on what to expect when attending their university. Wittenberg university creates a wonderful image of what an liberal arts college should be.