Springfield, OH
Wittenberg University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wittenberg University

Alaina

The best thing about my school is how for many of the tougher courses they provide SI's, which are like tutors that can help you with the class when you need help.

Susan

If I could go back in time I would advice myself to try my best in high school. I wouldn't slack off and do all my work. The harder you work in high school the easier college is and the less classes you have to worry about taking. It also would've saved me more money to have passed some of the classes i took in high school due to the fact that some classes in college if you got a grade of C or better in high school you don't have to take them in college. This helps save money on classes you don't need to retake. This is what i would've adviced myself if I could go back in time.

My classmates are a diverse group of students dedicated to their education and driven to take advantage of the wide range of opportunities available at Wittenberg University.

I would tell myself that college is the chance for a new beginning. The transition requires that you step outside of your comfort zone. Take advantage of everything college has to offer. The memories of high school are great, but let go of them. College is an experience that you will only have once and you should keep that in the back of your mind. However, do not forget that you are paying for education, not fun. Take charge of your education. Professors are helpful, but only if you approach them. You are now an adult. There is no one responsible for education but yourself. Remember to have the best experience you can. Play hard, study harder.

The most frustrating aspect of Wittenberg University is the financial difficulties that are currently being discussed.

Ryan

Wittenberg University is a small-town liberal arts school that molds well-rounded leaders.

If I could travel back in time and advise myself as a high school senior, I would not. As a high school senior, academics ranked number one on my priority list. An "A-" was not acceptable (in my opinion), and I fought for the title "Sixth-in-class" with Annie, the senior class president. In short, I took school seriously. During my first semester of college, I still ranked my education as number one; however, I found college less challenging than I expected. Eventually, I fell victim to boredom as my schoolwork did not require a lot of time to complete. On my spare time, I took a fancy to partying, and by the end of my freshman year, I received my first "B+" since the fourth grade! After realizing partying interfered with my ability to do well in school, I reevaluated my priorities. I was so caught up in the exclusiveness of the small-town university I attended, that I lost who I was and what I stood for. Therefore, if I could have traveled into the future as a high school senior and advised myself as a college student, I totally would have.

Wittenberg University has a diverse student body; however, most students are deemed "preppy" and engage in drinking throughout the week. Therefore, students who do not relate to this stereotype or engage in such activies may not feel a part of the campus crowd.

Emma

Even though it's a small school, Wittenberg embraces diversity in every class that attends; it may be daunting to go to a new place where there is no familiarity of home, but at Witt there is always someone that can be related to.

My high school self was always scared. I was cautious and worried about how welcoming my college environment would be. How could people that I've never even met before be comfortable with my being gay when I could hardly admit it to myself? How woud I ever tell my roommate that I had a girlfriend without her being uncomfortable? Would I be ostracized because I went to a religiously affiliated school? If I could go back in time I would find that frightened girl and would tell her that she'll be safe; she won't have to hide who she is in the future. There won't be any hurtful words said or cruel jokes stabbed at her. In college, she'll finally be free of the secrecy that surrounds her every day. I would hold that girl, pull her close, wipe a tear from her worried eyes, and say "You will be loved."

I wish I would've known that Wittenberg is a safe, friendly environment and that the professors are good, genuine people who want to see success in every pupil. My experience just in this first year has been life-altering; WIttenberg has exceeded my expectations time and time again.

Sara

Wittenberg University offers a unique education to their students by being a liberal arts institution that provides their students with the tools they need to be successful in their studies as well as any and all of their future endeavors.

I would tell myself first and foremost, that the fact that I am really great at managing my time wisely will come in handy at Wittenberg. I would tell myself to not be afraid to ask questions and explore, because you may not be talking about it in class, but that does not mean it will not come in handy in the future. Don't be afraid to talk to people, and I mean everyone. Everyone wants someone to talk to. Don't be afraid to talk to that girl on move in day that looks like she could use a friend. Don't be afraid to talk to your professors outside of class. Don't be afraid to cancel plans because you have a lot of homework to do. It may stink to do homework on a Friday night, but it will definitely reward you later. Lastly, don't be afraid to try something new. It may end up being "your calling."

I brag about our professors because they are the absoulte best! They always provide the class with their personal numbers and often have the class over for dinner a few times a semester. They are really flexible with their time and are willing to work around your schedule to make sure you are provided with the attention you need and deserve.

AJ

Coming from unique, rich backgrounds, all Wittenberg students have common values that are the foundation of what makes our traditionally warm campus such a close-knit family.

Being a new student orientation assistant this year, I gained a lot of insight into my own college experience by hearing the stories of the incoming freshman class. A frequent question was how to be successful at Wittenberg. I did not have an immediate answer the first time I was asked that question. After digesting my thoughts for awhile, I came up with a very simple answer: be yourself. When I was going through the college search process, Wittenberg did not just tell me what it could do for me. Everyone at Wittenberg cared about what I could do for the school. I am sure that most college campuses place the same value on student participation and initiative. College is about finding your calling and the only way to do that is by being yourself from the moment you step on campus. That is what has made me so successful here at Wittenberg. In life, we do not always appreciate something unless it is taken away or we imagine it being gone. I appreciate being at Wittenberg every day because I am constantly humbled by the school and my classmates who have taught me to be myself since day one.

I would tell myself to do the work in high school in a timely manner and to not put everything off until the last minute. I would tell myself to actually do the reading that was assigned when it was assigned. I need to also save my money now and not blow it on pointless things. The money I save now will help me later in life.

I wish I had known how different college was from high school.

I love my school. There is nothing frustrating about it.

victor

The advice I would give myself is not listen to sh!tty brochures like I did because half of those stupid things are entirely true. The things not mentioned in brochures are the crappy food, the transportation to stores for neccessities and the fact that there are crows on campus that splat on the school.

The registration for classes are a pain in the butt becuase you have to scedule to meet with your advisore before scheduling any class that you want. In the meantime classes will be leaving left and right because all of the students will try to get all of the easy and most needed classes which leaves your options as a freshman to a hold because the rest of the classes suck. Wittenberg isn't the place for me but it might be the place for you. Goodluck and have fun but I will not be stepping foot in Springfield, OH.

A person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is from a big city because there is nothing to do in the city.

Kiley

Wittenberg is a tight-knit university. We are small and personal, which is one of the reasons I chose to come here. I also came here to further my athletic career. I'm in my second semester of my first year and I have loved it so far.

College is a completely different experiene than high school. In college students are more independent and this requires more responsibilty. The courses are tougher, but they are preparing you for the real world. College is a great way to meet people and getting involved in different activities gives you a better chance to create friendships that will last for the rest of your life. I've just started my college career and I have already found friends that I am closer to than my friends from home, and I know our relationships will stay the same for years to come.

The best thing about our school is, again, how personal it is. Classes are small, usually around 30 students. It very easy to meet people around campus. The student-athletes are also a very close community within the school, but non-athletes here find just as good as a niche to be a part of.

Wittenberg University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.