San Diego, CA
Ashford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashford University

Lacey

To constantly stay on top of going to college and not let any semesters or classes slip away so that I can finish on time.

I haven't found anything frustrating yet.

That they have an awesome online progrom to complete your degree.

Jacquelyn

My classmates were diverse. Funny, outgoing, well-rounded, spontaneous, spirited, humble, crazy, smart, loving, caring and most of all an OHANA (family in Hawaiian)

Go to college once you graduate. If you try and convince yourself that giving yourself a little time before going to college is best for you, I would advise that it is not. Many things can change in such a small amount of time. Opportunities change and life can take a full 180 degree circle and spit you out the other way. Education first, career later. With college knowledge behind you, more career opportunities could be available. Don't procrastinate on school work and keep a time-managed schedule to be on top of things. Study in moderation rather than cramming all at once. Participate in school activities and which could teach you many life lessons and are great for meeting new people and experiencing new things. Live life with a straight and focused mind to lead your in all sorts of awesome directions and opportunities.

I wish I knew how much more difficult it would be to go to college later rather than going right after graduating from high school.

Jamie

I take distance learning courses so I do not know my classmates.

I take distance learning courses so I do not know my classmates.

I really like how you can earn your degree online. Everyone that I have talked to is so helpful and friendly.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice on college life, I would tell myself to go with the degree which my gut told me to do since I was a little girl. I doubted myself and finished an Associates Degree in Accounting although since I can remember, I have wanted to be an elementary school teacher. I could have been done with my degree already if I did not take a detour. I would have also told myself to be prepared for juggling multiple things at once. I got married and am having my second daughter in a couple of months. College life is challenging, especially when you are trying to balance a family life, but I put my mind to it and I am getting it done. I would just reassure myself to put my priorities in order and finish what I have started. Lastly, I would just tell myself to never give up. Education is so important and I hope to be a great example to my daughters that you can do anything that you put your mind to.

I would have to tell parents or students to check out the colleges alumni. Make sure that they are all using their degree to the best of their ability. If they are you will know that this college inspires the students to be all they can be with what they will learn. It will also prove that the college has a great track record for helping the students retain the knowledge they receive in their classes.

Some of the assignments are difficult to understand. It takes alot of research to finally understand just what to do in the assignments. This takes alot of time. With me working full time and having two children to raise, it doesn't leave a lot of time. If I come across a difficult assignment that leaves very little time for my family.

The classes teach you to push yourself. I know that it is all going to be worth it in the end so I don't mind a little hard work now. I am learning alot. The classes are structured toward learning all you can about the degree you are working towards.

They offer online accelerated courses so I can finish my degree quickly with my busy schedule.

I believe that if you plan ahead and apply for as many scholarships as possible you can succeed. Parents push your children to start school early and to pay attention to their GPA and their grades it will make a world of difference.

I take courses online and I believe sometimes the professors get a little overworked, and there is not a lot of financial aid available for people like me.

Lisa

They vary from class to class. They seem to be socialable and outgoign form their postings. Several have a great sense of humor. Their are a few that seem to not put much effort into the weekly psoting and discussions . Then you have some that go all out and over board (but htat help me in the long run when I am having a hard time understanding a topic). Some of my fellow student have just awful spelling and grammar practices and it makes it hard to understand what they are trying to get across in their postings.

Make sure to figure in all immpossible cost because they will come up. Be frugal with your extracirrcular activities the first year in order to adjust to the chnage. Make friends with your academic advisor because they can be so much help when noone else seems to care. Be truthful when dealing with your professors no matter what. Make the most of your breaks. Rest at least one day of the week. If you work keep expenses down and after paying for expense pay everything you can with the remaining financial aid money you have left before anything else.

That the financial aid I was told I had qualified for did not cover all the charges each term or leave enough for books. I would have chosen a school that I would have qualified for a scholarship at instead of having to take two student loans and a pell grant each semester. I would have chosen a better financial advisor he is absolutely no help whatsoever. He did not even know where I should look for additional funding when I asked so I could reduce my full time job to a part time. The academic advisor has been incredible.

Ashlie

The classes at this school are very much reading and research based. There is an eight page research paper every five weeks with plenty of other work in between.

Take your time and research the campuses and their programs. Inquire about the curriculum and course load to make sure it fits with what you are looking for. Also, take the time to find out which colleges offer tuition discounts for unique situations. For example, my college offers a flat tuition rate for every class at a discount because my husband is in the military. Therefore, all of my classes cost a flat, discounted rate no matter what level of class they are. Once you are in college commit to studying hard. College is demanding, much like a job, as it requires time and effort in order to make the most of the experience. You will get out of it only what you are willing to give. By the same token it is rewarding and allows students to continue plunging forward toward the light at the end of the tunnel.

The classes go by so fast, they are only five weeks so you must learn a lot of material quickly.

Trina

I would tell parents and/or students before choosen any college make sure the college offers what you need to furfil your degree choice. When you find the right school stay focused and always remember you will have some bad days along with good. Do not give up in the end it will all pay off.

Giving me the opportunity to succed in my educational dream

I believe any person would do well at this school

Piper

I like how small the campus is, including the class sizes. I think that has made an impact on my grades and give me a strong grade point average. It is a constantly friendly atmosphere and you always feel welcome. The school is mostly student- athletes so I really enjoy having something in common with almost everyone that attends Ashford University.

Choosing a facility to further your education is a very difficult decision. It is not just something that can be thought about in a matter of minutes or days. This choice should take up to weeks or months. Do not ever choose a school based on the fact that your friends are going there. Choose a university that is right for you based on many different aspects. Whether or not you are social and want a big school to make numerous friends or if you want a small campus because it is a better learning experience. Choose a school that offers your interests in learning and social activities. These are what make colleges so much more exciting than what they seem. College is a privilege and every individual deserves an opportunity to pursue their education.

I do not really have any frustrations when it comes to my school. I think the biggest frustration is tuition but I think I can speak for any college student, incoming or present when it comes to cost. It is quite a burden on anyone furthering their education.

Joel

In one sentence would be impossible. Ashford University has afforded me every opportunity to complete my bachelors. And it was done in orderly and fashionable time.

Take your time. Prepare early and take advantage of every opportunity afforded to you. Never take for granted you have everything under control stay in control.

Getting online with access to Internet. Being able to log on with no problems. Posting on time.

Ashford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.