Worcester, MA
Assumption College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Assumption College

Carley

All of my classmates are respectful of me and everyone else in the class.

All of my classmates are respectful of me and everyone else in the class.

My school is best known for the sense of security that students get when they are at college. The staff and everyone is so welcoming to incoming freshman that it feels like home right from the start. We also are known to be a religious college and take great pride in it. My college has a diversity of students which helps you prepare for the world ahead of us that we will face.

I would tell myself to not be scared of the future that is ahead of me. Leaving home and going to a college is going to be scary at first, but so are all new experiences. This is just another door in life that is opening as will many more as the years fly by. In the next few years I'm going to develop into a grown adult, try new things, and be more confident in myself. Things aren't always going to go as we planned in life and when those unexpected obstacles come out of no wheres, don't give up. Never give up. It is these obstacles that transform us to the strong people that we become later in life. Lastly, don't be afraid to try new things because something beautiful could come out of it. Stay true to yourself even through the years to come.

Lindsey

Some classmates are outgoing and friendly. I find it much more difficult to meet friends when being a commuter. Wen you live on campus it is easier but the dorm floors are seperated by sex, which makes it difficult to meet different people on different floors or buildings if you are not outgoing.

I would tell myself to make the decision based on the school you want to go to: not the one that is closest to home, where you can keep your job or what gives you the most money. It is all about making life changing experiences and meeting friends that you will have for the rest of your life. You are hurting yourself socially and mentally if you make a decision based on money. That is not what it is all about.

The people that I met at this school were focused on school. They would rather sit in their room and watch tv and do homework than go out and party or go out to the movies or have fun. I found it to be very laid back. It seems that most students are rich, therefore dont go here if you are looking for a party school.

Kane

Keep up with your reading, and be prepared to make tons of new and intreresting friends, Have FUN!

The community feel and the social enviornment.

Assumption college is an academically driven school of motivated young people.

Assumption college is an academically driven school of motivated young people.

I would tell myself to stop expecting a high school experiecnce at college. As a high school senior I was president of the Nation Honors Society, part of the Vocational Comittee and Principals Leadership Team. I was extreemly involved and fell into a bit of a clique. I had a wonderful year but I expected college to be a continueation of that. Instead I found that college is a lot more adult and deals with bigger issues, universal truths, statewide controversies and career planning. It is much bigger than highschool.

It is a bit difficult for commuters to get involved on campus. It isn't impossible, but I was a transfer and the first semester was a bit rough finding activites and clubs I could be a part of.

Leigh

Assumption College is a very friendly school, with a great atmosphere, as well as teachers and administrators that care deeply about the students and who will do their best to help them succeed.

My classmates are very friendly toward other students, and most are very focused on their future careers; however, others do not take their work very seriously.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior there are many words of advice I would give to my former self. To start, I would definitely tell myself to stop worrying about fitting in and making friends because there are so many nice people that I will meet at school who will become my friends. I would also tell myself to follow my passion about what I want to do for my major instead of trying to pick something that will make me the most money or something I think others will want me to do. I definitely wasted some time my freshman year taking classes that are not applicable to the major I always knew I was interested in. I would also tell myself to try to branch out and talk to more people than just the people in my own dorm in the beginning so I could make friends all around campus.

Devin

Honestly, I really would give myself that much advice. Did I struggle freshman year? Of course I did but I made the transition very well and I'm glad I met the people that I did. Was Assumption College my first choice? It wasn't but I've made some new friends and I've gained a bunch of relationships with my professors in order to better myself. I have my own sports television show and I'm glad I could accomplish that even though Assumption didn't have the major I wanted. It's beena good experience and I honestly beleive a scholarship like this would definitely be a great help.

Someone who should attend this school is someone who is goal-oriented. A lot of the professors and other faculty members are there when you need them at any time. They make sure you do your work all the time and their office hours are very flexible. Someone who is very socialable as well would be good for the school because you meet a lot of new people who are willing to be friends with you fairly quickly.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who is shy. Assumption is the kind of school that strongly encourages you to get out of your comfort zone very quickly. The college wants you to get involved in many extra curricular activities as possible and wants you to be socialable. Also, someone who doesn't like a heavy workload should also not go to this school because there is a lot of work in a short period of time.

kayleigh

Assumption College is a small tight knit community that has helped me grow stronger with my faith and has also broadened my horizons by providing me with a liberal arts education

Assumption has a dedicated staff in each field of studies. As a double major student, I have had the opportunity to work with these wonderful people to help me get my 4 year plan together. But they also are their for many other reasons outside of the classroom. I have had my life changed in the most positive way due to my sincere friendship with my chemistry professor from first semester.

Dear Kayleigh, This is it. Time to let go of what this small town has made you. This is time for you to shine and find your true self. I know it sounds nerve racking, and trust me it is, but in good time you will realize that this is the life changing expierience you needed. If you want to succeed in college, you must follow my 3 rules of college survival. First rule: STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! Being a double major and a minor entails that you will have a huge course load on your plate. Buckle down and be organized. It may seem tough, but it is managable. Second rule: don't be afraid to ask for help. Your friends, tutors, and professors are more than happy to assist you. Sometimes you have to realize you need to ask for help to be successful in life. Third (and the most important) rule: don't take your life so seriously. Let go of the stress of your week by doing ridiculous shenanigans with your roommates. Show everyone who you really are inside. Become the person you want to be. Follow these rules, and i promise you will succeed at college.

Krista

Dear Myself, I just want you to know that you don't need to pick a school that will make your parents proud or a school that is expected of you. Choose based on how you feel on campus and what you think will make you happy. When you do get to college, let the outgoing self out and make friends, don't be shy. Who cares if some don't like you, that is life.You will meet plenty of amazing people. When you do, don't comprise their friendship to look cool or whatever, like so many of freshman do. Just be yourself and see where that takes you. Have fun, do the things that you always wanted to, but just never did. These are your years, make them count. Don't worry, you will be fine. I promise.

I wish I had known that even though it is a liberal arts college, it is not as diverse as i thought since it is a catholic college. I wish i knew this since many activies are focused on Catholism and God even though it is said that all religions are accepted and there is no bias.

The worst part about my school is that if you are not part of certain clubs and extracurricular activities on the campus, then you are almost shut out because it is very much a bunch of cliches.

Assumption is a community that welcomes you no matter who you are and where you're going, it allows you to find your niche and make yourself at home!

I would tell myslef not to sweat the small stuff. You grow way too much at college to worry about the little day to day things. Be open to new people and new experiences. Take a few chances. Let individual moments change your life. Study hard, but take time for yourself too. Remmeber that in the end you take away a lot more than just an education, you take away so many relationships, events, and experiences. Don't let any of these moments pass by because you're too busy dwelling on trivial matters. Don't stress so much. It all works out in the end. Take nothing for granted. Being at Assumption is a blessing and a gift that many people will never experience. Use your skills wisely and help others every chance you get. Don't be afraid to leave a legacy behind at Assumption, as a matter-of-fact don't settle for anything less than a legacy. Enjoy the ride. Pray hard. Let go every once in a while. Trust the way you were raised, and be a light to those around you as you move froward to discover new things.

The most frustrating thing about Assumption is probably the internet. I have literally no complaints about Assumption at all except that the internet here is horrible. Aside from that it is the best place around!

Cortney

It Mission statement and Catholic status.

It Mission statement and Catholic status.

I would have chosen better intro courses for my first semester and avoided Chemistry and Geography all together.

The alcohol consumption on campus. We dont get into much publicized trouble but, it is sad to see such students when they get thier hands on some.

Assumption College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.