Worcester, MA
Assumption College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Assumption College

Alexis

I do not mind attending the college, but if I had to do it over again, I would choose a different school. The recent changes over the years has resulted in administration not listening to the voice of the student body, and students have noticed this major shift from their freshman year to senior.

Jaimorri

Assumption College is a great institution overall. The students are friendly and try to make conversation. The professors are always accessible and the notes are always accessible online. The facilities are very clean and up to date. The food is amazing and they give you a good variety. The campus is small, but there are many opportunities to explore the city of Worcester.

Jillian
Assumption College

AC seems like a great school! I would love to be a part of this community!

Assumption College

AC seems like a great school! I would love to be a part of this community!

Stephen
Truly what you make of it!

Truly what you make of it!

Rigorous school if you are trying to make the most of your academic experience. It is a great small school feel and plenty of things to do.

Manuel

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would definitely emphasize the importance of studying everyday and keeping up with schoolwork. As a high school student I did not create a daily study habit, but rather studied the day it was necessary. Being in college now and seeing how demanding all the classes are, it would have helped me a lot if I had created a daily study habit of going over my notes and reviewing what was done in class. This has been the hardest challenge for me as a college studnet and it is definitely something that affected me when I got to the school.

This school is for every individual but especially those who prefer having small classrooms and interacting with professors. The atmosphere is very engaging and allows the professors to know you by first and last name. If you are a student interested in this type of education, this is the perfect school for you because it will allow you to excel.

The most frustrating part about the school is that it is small and some weekends there is not much going around. This means that one would have to spend money going to other places and some students (myself included) do not have enough money to do so.

My school is a welcoming, fun, but serious about education, institution in a well organized community.

I would say to get out there and have fun, be yourself, and just talk to people. Education does come first and to take it way more seriously than high school. Professors don't care about where you're from or who you talk to, just how you perform in class. Show everyone that you are a mature adult, don't slack off, and just keep your head up. Know that everything will fall into place and be okay.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this schol is someone who likes to party all the time, doesn't take their education seriously, and who gets home sick easily. Everything the average person needs is right here at Assumption, your family can visit any time, but I would suggest living on campus. Everyone here takes pride in their education and supports one another to do better as a whole. If you are aggressive and hostile, people may not know how to react but only try to cheer you up.

Rachael

Assumption, like many New England liberal arts schools is highly expensive. One thing they do that is different from other colleges is that there is fixed tuition so your cot to attend will not increase each year you are here.

If I could go back in time and give high school self advise, I would tell myself to expand my horizons. Yes, staying close to family and friends is a comfort but that limited my list of colleges down to very expensive New England colleges. If I had expanded my horizons as a senior in high school and looked into schools farther down south, I could have found just as nice, if not nicer institutions with much more affordable costs. Making the trasnsition from living at home with your family to being at college and living on your own is hard. By choosing a college you absolutely love, that trasnsition will not be as difficult.

Assumption is a very small college; this can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. Because of it's size you come to know many students and faculty. But at the same time, there isn't much diversity among the student population.

Heather

I would tell myself to take a deep breath and to not worry about who you will be rooming with, what teacers you'll have, or the price. I would tell myself that it would be ok if your roommate is not your best friend because there will be so many people and clubs out there that will broaden your social world more so than you could have imagined. I would tell her that the teachers are tough and the A's are hard to get but if you work hard, participate in class, and study a lot then you will be fine and it will be ok if you get a B in a class because the subjects are difficult and that B will still allow you to stay in the honors program and you will not lose your scholarship over it. As for the financial part, I would tell her that yes it is stressful but the Financial Aid Office is there to help you understand your bill and ways to pay. The will give you information on more scholarships if you ask and help you find ways to pay for your education. It will be ok.

I would have to say that it would be the community itself. Everyone is always being kind to each other and I often see the same people all the time because we are such a small school. The events that are held by the RA's, Campus Activities Board, and other groups are always well atteneded and really enjoyable. There is a lot of pride in our school and we really encourage each other academically and in sports and clubs. It really feels like a huge family that is working towards a common goal which is to learn.

I always tell them about the Honors Lounge. As an honors student and a member of the Honors Student Council I utilize that area all the time. It is really close to my dorm so I get to print there, study there, hang out there beofre class, and the best part is that there is a Keurig that we get to use. The coffee, sugar, creamer, hot chocolate, and a variety of teas are all provided for us. It makes me feel like all of my academic work is really appreciated and so I always brag about the lounge.

Carleigh

Assumption is a great school with an amazing community and a very home-like feel. Everyone on campus is extremely friendly and the size is perfect so you see someone you know everywhere you go. I could not have picked a better fit school for me.

The most popular student activities are the athletics. Many students are athletes and the non-athletes are always at the games no matter what sport it is.

The students are all very friendly and it really is like we are one big family. No matter where you go, someone is there to help and it is really easy to make friends with the people on campus. It has a true community feel and I can say from hearing about other school's Assumption's students are closer than most.

Carleigh

If I could go back in time, there is a lot of advice I would give myself. The most important advice I would give myself however is to be extremely open minded going into college. I would tell myself to be open to meeting all kinds of people, and to be open to exploring things I wouldn't necessarily think I was interested in. I would tell myself that college is a place for descovering yourself and your passions in life so if you go in and just stick to the things you know and stay in your cofort zone, you are not going to get the best experience. College is not about being comfortable. It is about taking risks and finding who you really are.

The best thing about Assumption is the size of the school. It is a very small school and I love the community feel. Inside and out of the classroom you will always see someone you know. SInce the school is so small, classes are small which allows for closer relationships with professors. It is very helpful to be close with your teachers.

The most frustrating thing about Assumption is that there is no Greek Life.

Assumption College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.