Worcester, MA
Assumption College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Assumption College

Brigitta

Assumption College is best known for its small class size and its student-professor relationships formed as a cause of these small classes. Because there are less in a class and no lecture classes, students get more hand on learning and special attention from professors who genuinely care about their students’ success in and out of the classroom.

Looking back, I would tell myself not to stress as much going into college. As a senior, I was a 3.8 student and I often worried about keeping my grades up and balancing a social life. After my first year of college, I realized that finding that balance is a lot easier than I expected and there was no need for the type of stress and anxiety I put myself through. Although I thought that high school did not prepare me for the transition, I realized that coming from a large high school to a small college did indeed help me transition and help me in branching out socially and academically. If I had stressed less, I may have enjoyed my senior year more than I had and become more conscious of family and friends that I would soon leave.

The worst thing about my school would be the lack of community service opportunities and community service leadership opportunities. Although we have a decent size of options for community service, there could be so many more opportunities in Worcester and there would be many students who would love to head the new community service groups. However, with a small school, means the community service leaders have to take on multiple groups rather than split it up among the entire student body.

aryana

Though this school is extremely small, we are like one big family and I mean that. You gain a few friends that become your brothers and sisters and the bonds made aree incredibly strong and I mean that. The school is always willing to help struggling students and we are always having different activites so no one will ever feel left out.

If I could talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to stay focus on my school work and that fun and games can happen whenever and grades are actually really important. Having a good GPA is beneficial in so many ways and it should be my goal to maintain a good one. I would also tell myself to lower my pride and ask for help when it is needed, academic tutoring is actually really helpful and I would advise myself to go to a tutor when I am struggling. I would tell myself that transitioning takes work and a strong mindset. I would also tell myself to become involved in as much as possible but focus on your school work first!

the size, it is like one big family so everyone is always in everyones business.

Andrea

Dear High School Self, Do not assume that you can get away with doing an assignment last minute, because really, your professor will not. High school work is not equivalent to college work- especially when it comes to reading and writing papers. Cramming is not a success. Professors WILL call on you- hiding will not help. Enjoy the security of highschool while you can! However, don't be afraid of college and being a busy bee to find what you love. The cliche's are true- it is a time to find yourself!

The best thing about my school is the school spirit and the care of the faculty. Faculty make it a priority to make sure students are doing well, especially if students form a relationship with the faculty.

There does not seem to be a large amount of diversity- a lot of the school is focused on athletics and there is not a strong theater department with diversity. There is no major in theater.

Ann Marie

Making the transition into college life is not going to be scary. It's going to be a gradual realization that you are your own boss now, and that you have the ability to do anything. You can do your schoolwork on time and get stellar grades; or, you can allow yourself to fall into a rut of late assignments and late nights. Don't assume that because you have this freedom, you don't have to work hard anymore. The only difference is that now it's your own responsibility to motivate yourself. What inspires you? Keep it in mind because you may lose it along the way. Never be afraid to be yourself; if the people you surround yourself with don't appreciate the real you then you have the wrong set of friends. Being around people you connect with, and having relationships that thrive off of mutual support, are the two most important things you can do in college. If you have these connections, motivating yourself to be a better you will come more naturally. You have the power to succeed- every tool you need is inside of you. You're smart and capable, never forget that.

I wish I had understood that even if you entered you freshman year with a major and a carreer path in mind, there is definitely room for change. I entered as a classics major striving to become a high school teacher. Although I haven't completely abandoned that idea, my mind has opened to new roads that I may take in the future. I wish I had understood how quickly your goals can change, because I experienced a lot of anxiety when I started having thoughts of a new path, and it took time to come to terms with that.

Haley

Love yourself. When you love yourself, you can handle whatever life hands you. College is a time of discovery, and loving yourself only fosters this. Do what you need to keep confidence in yourself and your abilities, it allows you to step outside of your comfort zone and find adventure. It may be easier said than done, but if you put your time and effort into loving yourself, nothing will keep you down. Eat the extra slice, give someone your number, and dance when you have no rhythm. Love yourself no matter what, and find adventure in what you do.

The lack of school spirit and pride, its disheartening

Someone who is equally concerned with their studies as with fun

Jakob

My classmates are friendly, diligent, and proactive individuals.

My classmates are friendly, diligent, and proactive individuals.

Assumption College is best known for being a liberal arts college, but at the same time has alot of different majors that are connected to masters programs at different schools. In my case, I am in the Optometry program and with Assumption College being associated with the Boston School of Optometry, I will only have to be at Assumption College for three years and trasfre to my specified major for four.

First, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships and work harder in tennis so I can recieve more financial aid. Once I chose the college I found that would fit for me; I would work harder on getting to know more people and be more outgoing which would have helped me more to get an RA position for this coming year. Last, I would tell myself to work harder in my classes especially sciences, because with already having a "B" average in lab sciences, it is decreasing my chances to get into the optometry school.

Jakob

Assumption College is a welcoming college that invites opportunity and diversity.

Assumption is in a consortium with 12 other schools in the same city; it allows a student to take a course in any of the schools for the same tuition price.

The advice I would give to myself as a senior back in high school would be to take more languages and math courses so it would not be such a struggle for NCAA Eligibility Center to approve my course selection; you now need 14 credits that are not only college prepatory, but also fall into only five categories: English, Science, Math, Social Sciences, and Languages. I took four years of science, English, and Social Sciences, but minimal number of years in math and languages.

Kelse

Assumption College is best known its emphasis on the Humanities and Liberal Arts as well as a strong Catholic foundation.

Don't take what you have now for granted. You don't know how much you will miss it.

I wish I would have known more about financial aid.

Anne

Dear Former Self,Congratulations! You made it to your senior year of high school and was accepted to your number one school! Once you get into college you are going to go through some changes. Here's some advice for college. The first piece of advice I'll tell you is to not take things so seriously. Your roommates won't be very nice, so don't take them so seriously. Remember that when they get stressed they might take it out on you. That being said, stand up for yourself. If you let them blame you, they will blame you. The second piece of advice is not to be too hard on yourself when it comes to grades. As long as you worked hard and gave it your all and the best you can do is a C+, then you should be proud of yourself because you are taking difficult courses. Always remember that grade is a reflection of your past. You have the future to improve! My third and final piece of advice is not to give into other people. Always stay true to yourself. Have fun at college, but not too much fun! The Present Me

The best thing about Assumption College is the warm and friendly enviornment. I have never felt left out because all of the students are very warm and friendly. Everyone at Assumption College is very nice. In fact, I have met some of the nicest people while attending Assumption College.

The worst thing about my school is the cost. It is very expensive to attend Assumption College. This is creating a hardship on myself and other students. If the cost of attending this college was less, I would not be as stressed.

Lina

Dear Lina, I know you working hard on your application. I have to tell you something. Stop appling school when you reach at 4 schools. You applyed to 16 school because want to. But you do not need to apply 16. You only get in to 10. I warn you. Also do not apply to Harvard you never finish the aplication. Pick Assumption College because you know people there. When you get to college, study your notes everyday it will help you alot. You will taking a lot of science courses so be on your toes. There alot of writing, and I know you hate writing. You will grow of loving in writing. So good luck Lina Your old buddy self, Lina

The perfessors at Assumption College is willing to help the student. I love all my professor even though they are tough grader but they understand that what are we going through in our first year in college. I think all the professor show tough love because they care for us and they want us to be success. Assumption provide a small classroom so therefore your professor know your name by heart.

Well, Freshman will tranfer to a different school because they think Assumption is not right for them. Most of my new friend are leaving Asumption because they think AC do not fit for them.

Assumption College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.