Worcester, MA
Assumption College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Assumption College

Yakaira

Assumption College emphasizes personal spiritual growth regardless of a student’s religion. They have more than 70 clubs and organizations. Assumption College is also know for its low tuition and its Bachelor of Arts degrees in its undergraduate program, Master of Arts and Masters of Business Administration degrees in its Graduate program, and Associate's degree through its Continuing Education program and more.

What is unique about assumption college are the lots of sciencie majors we can choose from and all the science program they offer. Their labs and classes are very helpful and proffesional. Also the financial aid to go there was good and it is close to my house. Another thing Assumption College has is their different activities to get involved and different opportunities to play sports.

The advice I will give to my self would be to work harder than ever, get involved in more things, try to look out for the impossible because once you are in college there's no coming back. College is harder than I thought. There are a lot of things that I had to learn in this country that are difficult for me including the language which I still dominating and those things sometimes limit you, but the only thing you can do here is don't give up because after all it is your dream that will be in the play. No matter how hard things be I guess we just need to try our best and when everytime you feel weak remember yourself why you are here that will give you the strenght you need to keep going and keep following your dream until the end.

Marissa

My classmates are extremely encouraging, demanding, competitive, and are all equally hard workers.

College is not as scary as it seems. You will enjoy your classes, you will make many great friends, and you will learn how to manage your time well. Stop worrying and jump right in. Assumption is the right school for you, and you will realize that as your freshman year progresses. You will be presented with many great opportunites, so be sure to grab hold of as many as you can while they are still available. Have a blast and work hard; you'll get the best of both worlds.

With such small class sizes, students often find themselves struggling to find room in classes for themselves that they would like to take.

Nathalie

College is a total different environment in a good way. You will be surrounded by people of your age all the time. Now you will be independent, so you need to know how to make te correct decisions on your own and be able to focus on academics as well as on having fun. The magic word is BALANCE between school work, friends, working, extra-curriculars, family, spiritual life, etc.

It was going to be that cold and getting a job was not that easy

Friendly, active people who want to focus on Liberal Arts, Business or Science.

Valerie

If I could go back in time to back when I was a high school senior, I would let myself know that it is more important than ever that I apply for scholarships, because they are like an alternate key we have to our education. It is not fair to our parents we give them more than one job which is to take care of us but now they have to pay for you to school when you can be doing your part applying for money for school. To be able to attend school should already be our drive, because that determines our future. I regret not applying for more scholarships because along with not taking the matter of money seriously before I now know how critical it is. I feel certain scholarships we apply for also enhances our writing skills which I think is significant also.

I dont consider anything about my school to have a bad aspect. They provide many programs for the students and encourage alot of community service and other cross cultural programs. I would love this school because there will never be a moment where we arent encouraged to reach out and do something that would help us grow in character and a good person in general.

A person with ambition and a will to help others would fit the perfect description of a student that would attend Assumption. Everything that goes on in the school encourages a student to have a desire to create a a version of themsleves that exceeds their expectations. When I first walked into the school, every student I saw conveyed a good sense of character which I think is the most imoportant thing to have.

Shawna

My classmates are friendly, involved and outgoing

My classmates are friendly, involved and outgoing

I would say to go with your gut feeling. If you feel as though you would fit into a college, you probably will. Make sure to be open to meeting new people and be yourself. If you pretend to be someone your not your new friends will get the wrong idea about you and that will lead to being hurt. Lastly, enjoy yourself, but maintain focus on your goals and why you are there.

The worst thing about assumption is the scheduling of classes. Being small it is hard sometimes to get into classes. Professors have been good about overfill forms for myself though.

Veronica

Contrary to the steriotypical images that the media shows college students to be, I find my classmates to be anything but the stereotypes. They are charismatic and smart, full of innovative ideas and willing to contribute to class discussion.

At Assumption College there is a strong sense of community mirrored in every aspect you find yourself. With the number of undergraduates, a little over 2000, one will see familiar faces at every turn while still enjoying the diversity of race, religion and personalities. This allows everyone to come together and build fundamental relationships with peers and professors. Everyone proved their loyalty to each other during the Marathon Bombing in Boston. Taking place so close to our home, the tradegy brought everyone even closer. That is something that just doesn't happen at any school.

There I am, surrounded by friends who I feel I've know for a lifetime, even thought it's only been a couple months. We are laughing about They don't care about being popular or winning athlete of the year. Everything that seemed to be so important in high school is just a distant memory, more like a waste of time. As a senior, I worried about being absolutely perfect and trying to prove myself, not only to surrounding peers and teachers, but to myself. I needed to be the best. College is not about being the best. It's about surviving. If only I could go back in time, I would tell myself to stop attempting perfection. It cannot be reached. I learned that there is a difference between being your best and being the best. Ultimately being your best is all that matters and being the perfect reflection of yourself is so much more benefitial than being the perfect person. That is the advice I would give to my high school self, as I relfect on my first year of college.

Assumption is very devoted to service more so than other schools I applied to. I was very attrached to their desire to serve those in need in the community. I recently served the people in Staten Island who were heavily affected by Hurricane Sandy. Assumption was also the most friendly and welcoming out of any school I applied to. I felt I was the most wanted at Assumption. They also had the strongest science program and would prepare us the best.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to be careful who I trust.There are so many peope to meet and so many new friends to make. You will want to make friends with everyone, but be careful. You need to be more aware and notice people who talk about themselves constantly. They will not make you happy and drive you crazy. Surround yourself with people who are genuine and care. Also know to leave a relationship if you guys fight all the time. Relationships are supposed to make you happy and if they dont, lose the guy. Also, do not focus on what other people think, only yourself. That is what will make you happy. I would tell myself to focus on myself and not just on making friends. Feeling insecure about friends is easy, but if they are not there for you, they are not true friends. Focus on your school work, that is why you are at school after all. Keep the prize in mind and know that nobody else will get that god GPA for you. You are responsible and make good decisions. Continue to do that for yourself.

Assumption college is very welcoming to all people of every religion, race, and ethnicity. A person who is not comfortable with Catholisim or a msall school should not attend.

briana

i will tell myself to work hard and to look for as many scholarships as possible. i will tell myself to listen and pay attention more in class. i would study more and ask for help when i need it. i would make sure i won't end up in the type of situation that i'm in now.

Christina

Each and every one of my classmates is eager to grow both intellectually and as a human being.

The summer before attending my first year of college, my main worry was that I wasn't going to make friends. This of course was an irrational fear because here at Assumption the student body is so diverse, it is nearly impossible to not find people you can relate to. Whether you meet people in class, on the field, through a club or on-campus organization, or at a Club Charlie's dance, you're bound to make friends with people that have the same interests as you.

Lily

Although I have only completed my first semester of college I have learned so much. The transition was definitely a challenge to me because I did not know what to expect. I wish I could talk to myself as a high school senior. If I could, I would tell my high school self to relax. That everything would be okay even though it is extremely overwhelming at first, it is for all the other freshmen too. I would advise myself to be more outgoing and open up to people. Remind myself that I should be confident in who I have become because there are people out there who will like me for who I am. I would promise myself that being homesick only lasts a little while. Also, that it is worth it to go to every class. Most of the professors have their students’ best interests in mind and are very willing to offer extra help. I would assure myself that all my hard work would pay off.

Assumption College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.