Worcester, MA
Assumption College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Assumption College

Dear High School Me, Making the transition to college is life changing. You are essentially dropped off by your parents, told to do well in school, meet friends, stay focused in class, do well in track but mostly enjoy yourself. You have to learn how to juggle everything, something that high school made look easy. Advice #1: make a calendar, lists, whatever it takes for you to plan and organize everything you have/want to do. It's very easy to forget things, make new plans, or simply forget your priorities. Advice #2: do not be afraid to open up to people; those girls who are across the hall, in the gym, passing by on the way to class, could become some of you best friends. I realized you cannot make it through life without a support system, and you always need people who care about you. Advice #3: "you are there to go to school" as mom and dad would say. So don't skip class, and get your work done early so you have time to accomplish everything else. College an amazing, thrilling time of your life, don't make it more stressfull than it has to be!

How small it actually felt, and that Worcester was not such a nice city. I love the school, but I sometimes wish I went to a little bit bigger school. I also wish I thought about how much money it would end up costing me to go there for 4 years, since we are Division 2, we do not get scholarships for athletics.

That I have met some of the most amazing people there. The friends that I have there are going to be life long friends. Also I love the classroom sizes, it is small enough where my professor knows me.

Lisa

to be more assertive in my college search, seek out all options and resources to help me make a career choice for the future. I have to make the decisions for myself and not what my friends and family want. Not because everyone is doing a particular subject area I have to do it too. Be more confident and I will succeed. Support is very improtant as the road ahead is rocky.

anyone can attend as long as they are serious and willing to work hard towards their future.

it is religious oriented, culturally focused and geat academic curriculum.

Cecilia

They are best known for their known for their academics and how they are involved with their community.

I would have advice myself to keep calm and try to enjoy my senior year more instead of worrying about what is going to happen in college or whether or not I picked the right college. To apply for more scholaerships than the ones I did. Also to have started shopping for my dorm earlier than I did now.

The best thing about the school I attending is the positive environment and how helpful everyone is. The students and faculties make you feel like your home. They have a strong value with helps keep you grounded and they are there to help you succeed. In addition, I love how they are involved with their community with volunteer program they have.

Christina

Try not to be so scared: take a chance and join an intramural sport. You will have fun in school, even if you and your roommate do not end up being friends. Just because you got bullied in high school does not mean you will be subjected to the same torment in college; in fact, you thrive in college and meet people who will be friends with you for the rest of your life! You will love the freedom being so far from home offers you, and you will learn to be an independent, strong young woman. You won't make a lot of mistakes, because you know who you are pretty well. It will be ok to change majors, and it will feel liberating to find an entirely different path in life. Never forget that you can branch off from your friends from home and live a life apart from your safety blankets back home. Like the caterpillar, you have the chance to break free of the chrysalis in which you have been hiding for so long. Get out and stretch those wings. And take a deep breath, girl. You're going to be great.

The best thing about m school has to be the sizes of the classes I take-- nice and small!

The most frustrating thing about my school is its religious affiliation, especially in its requirements of two Theology courses.

Julie

The outreach and religious community is very involved in our daily life however the religious aspsect is not shoved down anyone's throat and everyone is accpeted at Assumption.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, there are many things I would tell her. I would tell her to get involved in community service that she enjoyed, rather than doing anything to meet her graduation requirements. I would tell her to relax and to remember to enjoy every minute because you don't get them back. I would tell her not to worry so much about what other people think because everything will work out in the end, and if she works hard it will work out the way she wants it to. I would tell her many things related to her school work and while those things are important, the most important piece of advice I could share with my high school self would be to have fun and enjoy life because high school is almost over and it is a completely different world in college and to remember to keep in touch with her friends because finding people who understand and accept you for who you are becomes a rare occurrence as you get older.

The emphasis on community and service aspect of Assumption College was a major aspect in my decision to attend Assumption.

Through high school, I made good grades but I could have done better. Knowing what I know now, if I could go back, I would get better grades. I would also try to be involved in more extracuricular activities. I never really tried to get scholarships but now that I am attending college, I see how much of a struggle it can be to get it paid for. I never realized how expensive furthering your education would be. My high school self would be a lot different if I could go back in time and change the things I did some. I would have money to pay for college and I would be more in touch with what exactly I wanted to become. Maybe if I could go back and change my high school self, I wouldn't be in such a dind to pay for college.

Monique

All of my classmates I have met are more than just a student behind a desk, but rather, they are involved individuals, participating in various activities outside of the classroom in order to find one's niche within the tight-knit Assumption community.

College is a huge transition from high school: more responsibility, more free-time, doing your own laundry! But it is also a very exciting time; a time when you get to discover who you really are and begin to sculpt what you want out of your life. This may seem like a cliche answer, but I really do think it is so important to get involved and try knew things, and know that it is ok to not know exactly what you want--after all, this is what college is for. Take an assortment of classes and try a new club or sport, for you may find out something about yourself you never knew. I think one of the most difficult parts of college is balancing your social life with your academic life. I found my freshman year that it is very easy to get caught up in the social scene. While it is good to have fun, make sure you choose friends who will support you and have the same morals as you. If you have friends who are driven, you will be driven--keep your eye on the prize and remember that with hard work, anything is possible.

I remember during the weeks leading up to my first day of college being so excited, yet so nervous; nervous I wasn't ready, nervous I would not fit in. I realize these are feelings that almost everyone gearing up for their freshman year of college feels, but I think it is important to emphasize that college is what you make of it. Assumption encourages its students to get involved. I think this is probably the best thing for any incoming freshman to do, for it is through involvement that you can find your passions and interests; find you!

Peter

Assumption College is a place where students will mature physically and spiritually.

Assumption College offers small classroom sizes so students are able to easily make new friends and receive the help they need. Our Catholic campus provides a chapel for students and faculty but is also open for the outside community as well. Sometimes during finals week Assumption has puppies come in for students to play with to help students de-stress.

Nothing could prepare me for how much I would grow after highschool. When I look back at myself I see that I have not grown only physically but mentally/spiritually as well. If I could turn back time I would let my earlier self know that you'll be proud of who you will become. I'd tell myself be open to new things and different people. And to be ready to learn and to always be thankful that you have the opportunity to learn. I would say enjoy your highschool years while you still can, use your time wisely, spend more time loving your family, and work hard. And if you're working hard then work harder! I'd also tell myself to pray and thank God because even though I did not know it at the time God was actually using me and leading me to become the kind of person He wanted me to be (knowing this would have helped my faith grow in H.S.). More importantly, I would let my parents know that everything will be ok and that I was confident that college would make me a better person.

Devyn

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to not be afraid to grow as an individual and a student. Part of the college experience is putting yourself out there to try new things and to take risks. College is this most exciting, most valuable, and most remembered part of one's life that goes by extremely fast. If you do not try things or are too afraid to ask for help, apply for an internship, play a sport you have never played before, join a club, or meet new people, you will miss out an the most important part of your life. If you learn to follow your heart, try hard, think possitively, and reach for your goals in college and develop as a person, every fast ball life throws at you will be manageable. These life lessons you learn in college will stay with you forever, so make the best of it.

A student who is open minded, tries hard in school, likes to learn, and who likes to try hard in every aspect they do.

A student who isn't opened to new things, who does not like to get involved, and who doesn't want to comitt to a college.

Eileen

Assumption College is best known for the community atmosphere on campus. There is a great variety of people and activities for anyone to fit in and find their best place at the school. My school is also known for the liberal arts curriculum for all students. It provides a broad spectrum of knowledge over many useful subjects that students would otherwise not take. Those general courses will definitely be useful in the real world. Also, the general courses aids the students that do not immediately know what they want their major to be, like me, for instance.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would start off by saying "don't sweat the small stuff." In high school everything seems so monumental, when in reality there is a whole other world just waiting to be explored. College provides so many great experiences that high school cannot offer. In addition, I would tell myself to keep your close friends from high school. College can get hectic and keeping in touch with high school friends is not a top priority; however, The true friends will always be there for you no matter how long you go without talking. Since college is a combination of so many new experiences, do not lose who you are. There are many opportunities to grow and prosper but do not lose sight of yourself. Finally, I would say to keep in touch with your family because without them you would not be where you are today.

Although I find the school to be a perfect size for me, I can understand why people have a difficult time with the small campus. If students do not involve themselves in other activities then it can be difficult to meet different groups of people; however, if students do branch out the campus seems a lot bigger with multiple groups of people.

Assumption College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.