Baldwin City, KS
Baker University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker University

Melinda

I would tell myself that rhings are not as hard as they may seem, that part of going to college is finding out who you are and what you want for your future and not to give up and walk away from the opportunity when things seem to difficult.

RACHEL

I came into college with a false sense of confidence, and I thought I would excel effortlessly because of it. I glided through high school, avoiding what challenges I could. I was afraid to fail, and I was afraid to learn what my boundaries were. I thought I had a pretty good idea of what my academic ceiling was, and I was petrified of broaching it. Knowing what I do now about hard work and what it's like to be facing a scholastic cliff and having to learn how to climb it, I've learned how to have genuine confidence in what I do. I don't think I could've been more disallusioned about who I was when I started my collegiate studies. All that I told others about myself, and how I treated my studies, were a facade to hide how I really felt about it all. I was intimidated. I was afraid to fail, or afraid to show people that I simply didn't know it all - despite the fact that they probably already knew the truth. I would tell myself not to be afraid. I would tell myself to give it my all.

Renita

I would advise myself to not wait. Go straight to college from high school.

I would advise myself to not wait. Go straight to college from high school.

Baker University is a great school for the working adult. You are giving your full schedule at the time of enrollment, eliminating the hassle of selecting classes every semester.

Tessa

Baker University is the epitome of a small school: close knit, friendly, and welcoming, and hardly a day goes by when you aren't stopping to chat with a professor or the Dean of Students on your way to class, because they are always on campus.

The one thing I would want to tell my high school self before graduation is that the future, while quite uncertain, is going to hit a major high point in my freshman year of College. While the road to success for Baker's bowling team was a rocky one with many set backs, I would tell myself to stick it out because the end reward is sweet: 5th place at sectionals. The season was filled with firsts, and while I may not have bowled the best, I would tell myself to grind it out no matter how bad I thought I was. I was there for a reason and my high school self needs to know that. This year I was tested many times in my bowling career, and had I known before hand that this bowling season would have been as hard and trying as it was, I would have been motivated even more to go out and shine despite everything holding me back. I would tell myself to ignore that mind games and do what I know and love: BOWL.

The one thing about Baker that I find the most frustrating is the growing expenses that come with attending the universtiy.

Anthony

Know what you are going to do for the rest of your life. Go out and experiment more often. Do lots and lots of activities and community events. Also, make sure you do your research and don't do things the last week! It's always better to do them early.

Katie

Baker University is known for students who work hard to achieve their goals to the highest potential. We are known as the Harvard of the Midwest. Also, we are known for having a strong alumni to help us get jobs when we graduate.

The advice I would give myself would be to work as hard as you possibily can to make sure you have the best grades you can get. At Baker, grades and acedemics mean almost everything. All of the staff here wants every student to succeed. I would also tell myself to not slack off with homework assignments because you will get behind in most of your classes. Going to class is a big one also because I know at Baker, you can't miss a week of class and still be on top of things. I feel they do that on purpose to make sure you are going to your classes because most of the people going here are on academic scholarships or athletic scholarships. And lastly is to get involved on campus because you won't be able to make a name for yourself if you just sit in your room all day.

The most frustration thing about Baker University is that there is literally nothing around us. We have Lawrence about 15 miles from us and Gardner about the same mileage the other way. Most of the time on the weekends, I get bored, but then again I always have homework.

Tamekia

If I could go back in time to my senior year, I would tell myself to get a job. I would also tell meyself to make sure that you have everything that you need and to make sure that you do what ever it takes to get out of Arkansas. I would make sure that I did everything to get some more scholarships and to get out of Marvell, Arkansas. I would make sure that no matter what happens that I would be able to depend on myself and not depend on everyone I know to help me. I would also tell myself to live your life like it is your last and don't make anymistakes. I would tell myself to be strong and don't give in to peer pressure.

Trevor

My school is best known for being a small and very connected campus. The small size makes for great, small, and personal classess in which it is so much easier to learn in. The professors get to know every single student on a first name basis and most of them eventually become a friend that is easy to talk to both inside and outside the classroom.

Do not worry about growing up so fast. Stop a little bit and enjoy every bit of high school, the girls, sports, and the friends you have had since first grade. I know you already get good grades and it isjust as easy to get themin college just do not get discouraged and stay positive everyday because you have an opportunity that lots of people never had. You need to love every second of every game and every match of the season because when you go to college and quit playing on Friday nights you will miss it. And when you continue to wrestle on Saturdays, it will not be easy like high school. It is really tough starting at the bottom again but you can do it if you just stay focussed and plan ahead to reach all of your goals.

The worst thing about Baker University is the flip side of the best thing. Baker being such a small campus and town, a student is very limited on the oppertunities outside of the classroom. there are also less people to meet at Baker versus meeting the large number and wide variety of people at a much larger state university. The town itself is even small in comparrison of most college towns so whether it is Sunday fun you are looking for or a late night snack, your options are limited.

Gina

Baker University is known for it's quality curriculum they deliver, and the prestige it has in it's community in the state of Kansas.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to start sooner to plan for going to college, as it has been a life-long dream of mine to have a college education, and I am an older student. It has been a wonderful journey to continue my education later in life, but my career would have progressed so much better, and I would be so much further along at having stability and accumulation of retirement funds if I would have continued on to college much sooner in life than I did.

I wish I had read my paperwork for my FAFSA so that I could have not spent so much money while I was earning my Associate's degree from Washburn, so that I could continue my education to earn my Bachelor's degree at Baker University.

Nancy

If I could go back I would tell myself to not put so much time and effort into unnecessary relationships that have helped me make many bad decisions. Instead, I would tell myself to worry more about my academic success because in the end those relationships seem to just be an overall distraction. I could have done more for myself in terms of extra-curricular activites, community service, sports, college hunting, scholarship hunting, and focusing more on my future instead of worrying about useless things like who hooked up with who or where the party is going to be the following weekend. Time really is money and I think that spending my time wisely is the best thing I could have done for myself. My parents have never been able to help me with school related tasks and responsiblities because they don't quite understand the language so putting my time aside to get things done will benefit me in the long run. As a freshman in college I'm trying to grasp this way of thinking so I won't waste anymore time and so my future can be brighter.

Baker University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.