Baker University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Baker University

Baker is perfect for someone looking for a small, close-knit school with lots of opportunities. Despite its size, Baker has connections with many businesses and companies in the Kansas City area and makes those available to students. Professors are very approachable and know you by name. Baker has become my home.

I love Baker and would not be the person I am today without the curriculum, faculty, athletics, and opportunities presented. I have grown as a student but most important an individual. I believe that I can accomplish so much in this world because of Baker. Not only this, but it feels like a home and family on and off campus. The environment is incredibly friendly and even those you do not know will give you a smile, wave, or say hi when passing by on the way to class. I have gotten to know my professors on a personal level and it has helped me to open up to them and classmates in order to excel.

Grace

I really like going to Baker. The class sizes are nice and small and the teachers are always available to help. I also like Baldwin City, there are places to eat and some really good places to shop, and it's not a huge bustling place, but it is near Lawrence if you need something that's not in Baldwin.

Gretchen

Baker University is my home. It makes me feel wanted, appreciated, and needed. It has already given me so many opportunities to run with and I can't imagine where else it will lead me. I love being part of a sorority and other on campus organizations, I wouldn't change a thing!

Chloe

I transferred to Baker the fall of 2017 and I have never been happier. It was difficult for adjustments to a slightly bigger and more difficult school than my community college, but the professors were always there to help me. The students are welcoming and super kind even if they do not know you. All the sports teams stick together and attend as many matches as possible. Even study groups are popular with a variety of people.

Baker University is a great school and I am very proud to say I am a future wildcat. From all of my visits Baker has never felt like a home. The atmosphere is terrific, both students and faculty are all very welcoming and kind. I have never felt like an outsider. I cannot wait to be on campus.

Carlos

My overall opinion about this campus is that I love the fact that everyone here cares and is super friendly. That matters because you want to be able to be in a good work environment where you feel safe and you feel that you'll be able to learn something in class and throughout the school year. The other good thing about this school is that the campus isn't too big where you'll get lost and be late for classes. All the professors here care about you and want to be able to help you succeed and prepare yourself for the future. As well as everyone has a reason to be here, most of our student population are student athletes and I think that is what makes it unique because everyone has a purpose for being there. The more active you are on campus, the more you'll be able to meet lots of new friends and be able to have more of a fun time with those who you are more comfortable around with, that's why it's always good to get our of your comfort zone and experience new things once in a while.

Daniel

Baker University provides a great environment for individuals to make progress in their majors. The campus is small and allows for students to really get to know their professors. However, there are distractions, just like anything else in the world. Students have opportunities to get involved on campus or not. That falls to the individual to focus on their career but overall, the university is great because it provides a great environment for those individuals who are focused on developing their lives.

James

Baker University provides a great education in a small environment. The size of Baker University is conducive to more quality time in a classroom, where individual needs are more readily met. The professors take personal interest in the students, and there are many quiet places to study. It's a great learning environment.

Michaela

I absolutely love the small size of Baker University. The teacher to student ratio is advertised as 13:1, which is extremely significant because this means that the professors are always willing to converse with you inside and outside of classes. The small size allows for a sense of community and caring environment. The class load is predominately intense and rigorous, and the teachers expect a lot from their students, but this means that the students are held to a higher standard and, thus, achieve more both inside and outside of the university.

Benton

Baker University is a close-knit community and is very supportive of each student's goals. Baker offered me a chance to continue my athletic career as a track athlete and pursue something I am passionate about. I wish to become a physical therapist and the university provides resources and a fantastic staff of professors to put me in the right position moving forward. The support Baker University provides, in my opinion, is unmatched by any other university.

Kira

Baker University is great, because the small class sizes allow for gr at classroom conversation and strong relationships with professors. There are many opportunities through Baker and the university has a family feel to it. Our president, Dr. Lynne Murray, is outstanding. She is kind, intelligent, and truly cares about the students and faculty.

Robin

Baker is a great college, we love our sports teams and have the feeling of being one big family. Baker is very proactive in helping their students to achieve their degree in their four years on campus. Overall, if I was picking a college over again based on what I know now about Baker, I would choose Baker a hundred times over.

Zach

Baker University is a small well-knit community most professors know you by name. The classes are difficult but they definitely prepare you for the life beyond the university. The class sizes are perfect they are around 25 students on average, which make it easier to get the help you need to succeed. This college creates very well rounded students and it gives us all the experience we need to succeed later in life. I am extremely happy that I chose to come to Baker University it's by far the best choice I have ever made

Jasmine

Baker University is one of the friendliest places on Earth. Upon walking across campus there are friendly faces and everyone says hello. The professors and other faculty members (i.e. Dean of Students, President of the University, etc) know you by name and genuinely care about our success. I have never had a moment at BU where I felt like I was lost and didn't get help trying to find that career path right for me. 10/10 would recommend Baker University.

Jazzmine

I love Baker University so much. In my opinion, everyone should try to find a school like Baker. Everyone is so friendly. The professors are always there for you and will work with you. There is free tutoring, which is very helpful. It is just amazing overall.

Baker University is my home and as soon as I stepped foot on campus I knew that I would love it. With small class sizes and professors that know your name and are actually interested in your life, you could not ask for more. Right away I found my rhythm and never once have I regretted my decision to come to Baker.

Liam

It's truly a remarkable school that has an incredible history to it! When you're on campus you fell as if you're part of something very special. There's always people to say hello to, and everyone is extremely friendly. Our sports teams are very competitive also.

Tarren

It is a very good credible school. Professors care about each individual student and their academic and emotional well-being. Even the dean of students walks around campus and knows everybody. I was skeptical at first, but after my first campus visit was over, I knew it was the perfect place for me.

Abbi

If I had to describe Baker University in one would it would be family. The people I have met over the years at this university have truly become family to me. It's a special place to be. Baker is a small university so it allows professors, students, and faculty to all interact with one another on a daily basis. I have gotten to know everyone in my field of study well as well as others on campus. I can be involved in anything and everything on campus. There is no limit to what Baker University offers its students. I hope one day my children can experience everything Baker has given me in their own unique way.

Britton

Baker University is a hidden gem. The class sizes are small so you feel close to your classmates and professors. It becomes a big family when you attend Baker. You really feel the one-on-one education and professors help you outside the classroom.

Cheleia

My overall opinion of Baker University is that the school is amazing! The environment is comfortable and feels just like home for me. The students here know one another. We all show respect towards everyone even if we are different in multiple ways. This is community is everything that a university should be.

Brett

Baker University is the place to go to be challenged intellectually while also being friends with your professors and fellow students. Baker University is highly accepting of all students and highly encourages diversity in all areas as well as supporting both the arts and sports.

Blythe

Overall I think Baker is a great place to be. While it is small it gives options to everyone. Also, while Baker is a Methodist institution it is incredibly open and pretty liberal. I would say more so than other large campuses like KU. Student life is almost always available, professors end up becoming pretty close friends, and you can usually find someone to hang out with.

Kimberly

Baker University is a quiet community. Greek life is very important on this campus. As for the education, if you love small classes and getting to know your professors, then you will love Baker. The town is tiny and has limited options of where to shop and eat, but as for the university itself, it is a nice place. Especially if you want to get away from the city.

Delilah

Baker University is an intimate setting that encourages students to reach their full potential! BU is full of passionate and helpful staff and students who take pride in making everyone feel welcomed. As the oldest and #1 private university in Kansas, Baker offers a unique experience that you will remember forever. Visit the Baker campus to check out the historic chapel and enjoy the beautiful arboretum!

Justin

Baker University is one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the pleasure to see. I truly makes me feel like I am at home and I tend to miss it during the summer. The community atmosphere is spectacular and is out of this world. The opportunities that you receive through Baker and its professors is something that larger Universities cannot provide.

kamryn

I think that baker is a very nice university, and it allows it's students the best opportunities. As a student at baker university I always feel safe on campus at night time. Unlike big schools baker faculty actually cares about their student, and they make us feel like a priority. At Baker we are not just a number on campus, we are actually acknowledged as individuals.

Gavin

I've attended Baker University for 1 semester. It is very small. If you're coming to get a good liberal arts education go for it, but if you're from somewhere other than the midwest which is more lively you might get bored in Baldwin City Kansas. But all in all I am proud to be a Wildcat!

Nathan

My overall opinion of Baker University is excellent. I love how to class sizes are around 25 to 35 students are class. This creates a better opportunity for students to have a business relationship with professors. Also, I like how the campus is small and safe. The campus is only 1 block with all the buildings and technology we need to be successful. The police station is a quarter-mile away from campus making the campus safer.

Ty

It was definitely the correct choice for myself. The campus is amazing, class rooms are great, and professors love their jobs. The whole university is meant to revolve around you and it works out perfectly. Classes are small enough to make each student feel impactful while not too small to feel like an empty class room.

Alejandro

Small and very liberal college. Very supportive administration with a high emphases on sports and extra-curricular activities. Sociology department are completely out of there mind when it comes to critical thinking and rational thought about the world around us.

Lindsey

Baker prepares you for the professional world in each and every field of study. The curriculum required for every student combines worldly ideas such as science, art, history, composition, and presentation. In addition to the amazing education, the personal basis that everybody knows everybody is truly amazing for an accredited university.

kwan

Baker is an small town where it roughly holds 1600+ students, and have a variety of sports and different organizations to get involved in. It's has a high rate of academic success and the people their are nice and respectful. Since attending Baker i have became a better version of myself, and its been a long and wonderful journey.

I personally would not want to be anywhere else than Baker University. I love the small class size and ability to get to know our professors on a personal level. The town has its ups and downs. It is small and secluded so it makes it feel like home, however it gets a little boring when there is nothing to do or a lot of places to go eat at. Overall, I would highly suggest Baker University to anyone.

Cynthia

I personally think Baker University is a great school. It is a private university located in Baldwin City, KS. The campus is small, but architecturally pretty. The class sizes are small, which helps me get to know students and professors. I am still adapting to Baker since I am a transfer student from a local community college. The main reason why I chose to transfer to Baker was because of all the help and attention I received from the faculty. My first time visiting the school was inviting and welcoming for me. My tour guide was helpful, and current students were also coming up to me to say Hello. Baker was a friendly environment from the start, and I knew that was the place for me.

Baker University has a beautiful campus that will won your heart in seconds. The way the school and the faculty cares for each individual student is amazing. The people here care about our education. This campus has history and that is very important to the people who attend Baker University. Baker University has improved their cafeteria food and their on-campus housing. The small school and the caring faculty makes Baker University one of the best universities a student can attend.

Kalynn

Baker University is a very open and welcoming community. The staff put the safety of the students as a top priority. Professors genuinely about their students and will go above and beyond for them. Baker University is like a family. It's just an overall amazing school that I enjoy being able to call home away from home.

Baker is completely awesome! They take care of their students in the best way possible. Free laundry, printing in every building, free tutoring in every subject, and plenty more that I haven't even touched over. They have the cutest coffee shop and a little grill for students that stays open late for late night dining when you're studying. The teachers are always available and they're super super sweet. They really care and want what's best for you. The students are very open and friendly. The sororities and fraternities are very inviting and familial. For incoming freshman, there's a welcoming night where they have their very own bagpipers play for you like a little ceremony. Abraham Lincoln even donated to have one of of the buildings built. It's the first university in Kansas and held in very high esteem. Because of this, tuition is pretty pricey, but it's completely worth it. They have an amazing psychology field which is the career I'm going into. Sorry for ranting, but I'm super super excited about this school and I didn't even touch on how amazing it is! Thank you for your time.

I am a Nursing student. I truly love Baker University. I applied to their BSN program because I knew how well accredited they are and all the opportunities they offer to their students. They offer great professors that want you to learn and become the best Nurse you can be along with offering so many hands on clinical hours! I would not want to be in a different nursing program, I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone! Thanks!