Nashville, TN
Belmont University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Belmont University

Bryan

I have only been in college for one semseter, but it has been great so far. I am confident that this is where I am supposed to be, and that I am in the right major of study. I am excited to learn new things as I continue my college adventure at Belmont.

The lack of communication between admissions, and financial aid other areas at Belmont. When I need help or have a question about something, they just send me to someone else. No one knows the answer, or wants to help me. Belmont can really improve in that area.

People who are creative and love music should come to Belmont. There is always someone outside playing an instrument. It is a very small and friendly school. So anyone who loves people who love Belmont.

There are very few classes at Belmont University with more than 25-30 students enrolled. This kind of environment strengthens the relationship among students and teachers as well as allowing debate and conversation of the topics covered in the class. Belmont also provides many opporutinities for students looking for out-of-classroom experiences, with community service projects and numerous study abroad choices.

Most high school seniors believe that the biggest part of the college experience is learning to live on their own and be a responsible adult. I agree that this is one important aspect, yet being on my own for the first time did not have the biggest impact as most predict. Attending college has made me think harder and more critically about life and everything that comes with living it. I had never once thought college would be easy and it certianly has been proven to me, on more than one frustrating occasion, in my first year and a half. I went in as a bright-eyed freshman, having the perfect scholarly plan for the next eight years or so. However, I learned that things can change when you least expect them to. I soon was changing my major and my plan, but I left plenty of room for the changes I will encounter. Nothing is set in stone and students should be prepared for all endeavors life can throw at them that can alter plans, whether they be minor or drastic. Living the college life is the best preparation for these kinds of things and is key for success.

Ambitious, creative, and devoted individuals are most likely seen at Belmont. Those who can think critically and have a serious passion for their craft or ability. Belmont University is also a thriving Christian community.

Abigail

Belmont is an artsy, very musical, and beautiful school that welcomes everyone into its warm environment to be and continue to grow into the people they were created to be.

Quirky, funny, intellectual, and genuine, each individual classmate contributes his/her own personality and style to the school in order to challenge themselves academically, socially, spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually and to uphold the values for which Belmont stands.

My college experience has given me just that: experience. It has given me experience in learning, experience in balancing work, school, social life, and time for spiritual growth, experience in building relationships and in keeping (or not keeping) relationships, experience in performing, experience in serving my community, experience as a Resident Assistant, experience, experience, experience... The experience of living, living with four different room mates, with a hall full of girls, with a dorm full of boys and girls, with people from all different backgrounds which has taught me more about people than I have ever known. Living in Nashville has taught me how to take caution and take care of my friend's and my safety. Being at Belmont has taught me how to be the best student, an honorable friend, an encourager, a trustworthy Resident Assistant and employee, a spiritual, social, and emotional advisor, and most of all, a committed woman of God who seeks to discover the amazing opportunities that this world has to offer in and through every circumstance.

Katie

My classmates are fun, intellectual, and always willing to help others.

My classmates are fun, intellectual, and always willing to help others.

So far from my college experience I have experienced what I first thought I wanted to do in life, and realized that it was most likely something I would never enjoy. I took the classes I needed in my first year, tried managing a band, and realized that band management is just nothing that I'd want to deal with in life. Belmont helped me find me an internship that suited my needs for a new major, video production, and because of this internship I have figured out exactly what I want to do in life. Cinematography is my big goal in life. Sadly, Belmont isn't very well known for their Video program so this means that I'll be needing to take summer classes at other schools, and that grad school is an option. My life took a big turn for the better over this past semester, and I have Belmont University to credit it to. This school is the best thing that I've ever experienced in my life, and they have helped me realize what I want in my life.

Our school faculty doesn't discuss with their students new ideas that they're implementing. Such as their new idea to get rid of smoking on campus completely. They made that decision over the summer so that they wouldn't have to bring it up with the student board, and it's causing a lot of controversy throughout the campus. We just ask that we are part of the decision making process so that our school can be better fitted for our needs and interests.

Timothy

The college experience at Belmont University has benefited be in many ways. My time here has enriched me with many valuable relationships. I have interacted with many students in various ways, whether attending campus groups, participating in group assignments, and simply striking up friendships. I have also been exposed to some of the local leaders in business and finance who teach at my school. I am sure to retain these relationships throughout much of my professional life. At Belmont University, I have also received quality instruction and a strong foundation for understanding the industry in which I hope to have a career. I have learned a great deal about business concepts and practices, and have been given a great appreciation for ethics and social responsibility in business. This education has also given me a more global perspective, which will benefit me in my personal and professional endeavors. In truth, this experience has caused my appetite for intellectual thought to grow enormously, and I am proud to have been forced to become a more well-rounded person.

What is different about the students at Belmont compared to other schools is a focus on and commitment to experiential and active learning. Students who enroll at Belmont are not merely attending school to attain a peice of paper. Rather, they desire to graduate with a thorough understanding and accurate expectation of the world they will encounter after school. In order to be successful at Belmont, one must be willing to participate in class verbally, listen actively, and study thoroughly throughout the semester. A student who is committed in this fashion will find great learning to be attainable here.

I have been sometimes frustrated by a perceived over-relyance on adjunct professors at Belmont. Due to a commitment to small class sizes (which adds great value to a Belmont education), classes taught by tenured professors tend to fill up too quickly for most students to be able to register for them. As a result, several of my classes have been taught by adjuncts, some of whom did not deliver the quality instruction that is the standard at Belmont. There has been more than one class for which I have retained the textbook and conducted my own independent study.

Yasmine

Attending community college is one of the best decisions I have made academically. It gave me the freedom to experience more options. It was easier to figure out what I want to go into at the university level. By taking a lot of exploratory classes, I narrowed down my choices until I was able to pinpoint the field of study I was most interested in. It was also an amazing environment for me to grow academically and shape my values and opinions. I met a variety of people from different backgrounds, cultures, and ways of thinking and they all helped me become the well rounded person I am now. I am now more confident than ever that I have the willpower, strength, and tools I need to succeed at the university and eventually, graduate school.

My classmtes at Belmont University were almost always very friendly, and welcoming, especially the upperclassmen.

Going to college was not just an option for me, it was my choice, my dream, and my future. When I was nearing the end of my high school career, I thought I had it all figured out. I was a serious case of senioritus and a let-me-out-of-this-small-town-itus. All I wanted to do was to spread my wings and prove to the world I can do it. After attending Belmont University for one full year, I experienced so many new situations that I would never imagine myself being faced with. I was in a dorm shared with two other girls and eight bathroom stalls shared by 90. I transferred to the Best Buy in Nashville to keep my job and I never knew how bad traffic could be. So far in my experience, I have learned to slow things down a notch and take in new challenges as new opportunities. New opportunities to network, make friends, create future business, and most of all, the opportunity to create a better me.

If there was one thing I wish I would have known before I came to this school, it would be to know more about more scholarship opportunities through the school.

Patra

It is just the school I need for the career that I have chosen; the professors and technology available make it one of the best schools available for audio engineering technology.

My college experience has taught me to persevere even when I am discouraged. It has taught me how to deal with people and professors who have different views from me in a way that doesn't compromise my beliefs, but also does not demean them. It has also allowed me to form new friends with values and interests similar to mine. It is preparing me to start my career.

The kind of person who should attend Belmont University is one who is dedicated to learning and determined to do his/her best to succeed. This person should also be one that gets involved with the campus activities that are available, and one who will take the steps he/she needs to take to assure that they get the best education available and to take advanatage of the resources available to do this.

Sandra

As a college student, I've learned so many things, not only academically, but also for personal growth. I've been able to make a transition since I was in High School. I thought that because I didn't really have plans to go to a 4 year university, I could just take it easy in a 2 year college. The fact that a community college is such a great help for a student with less resources, like myself, is something that I've learned to take advantage of. I've been able to grow academically with great teacher that there are in Housatonic Community College; teachers that know what they are talking about. I've been able to focus more on the business world, what employers would want from me, how I can do my best. Such things have made me look more into the real world and realize that I can really make a difference in my future work place. Right now all I have to do is take advantage of my education and do my best so that in the near future I can contribute my skills in a great workplace.

Rose

I have always believe that education is very important and people should always further their education. My experience of college has always been positive in the time I have been able to attend. My desire to help people has also help me in the course of study I wanted to go into. I have changed my study many times, but have always come back to the medical field because of the endless possibilities that you can use thru life. Medical has always been a field that will challenge you and it has all kinds of advancements no matter what age. You are never to old to go back to school and complete your dream.

Belmont University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.