Nashville, TN
Belmont University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Belmont University

Erin

My classmates at Belmont were a wide variety of friends and supporters with dreams and goals.

Not only has college given me education in a vast range of areas but has taught me about myself. College has offered me a supportive and encouraging environment where I have begun to grow into a strong and confident individual. I have come to understand what is important to me and my role in this world. College have encouraged my desire to better myself and my impact on the world. The value of college is something I will continually learn and come to understand as I continue my journey through life.

At Belmont there are students from all walks of life with a wide range of interests, goals, and beliefs. I believe the only kind of person who wouldn't necessarily enjoy attending Belmont would be a student who wants the enviroment of a large campus.

Julie

Belmont is best known for their Curb College of Entertainment and Music Business, a college I am currently in and it is the reason I chose to come to Belmont.

My college experience has been nothing more than a growing experience. I left my hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio because I have a dream of working on the business side of the music industry. All of my best friends stayed in Ohio so I was forced to branch out and form new relationships. Even though I still miss home, I know this school is right for me. My passion for music has grown even more throughout my time here. I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet so I second guessed and doubted myself for quite a while if Belmont was right for me. I now know that I made the right decisionwith my school and my major. I know I'm positioning myself for success by coming to Belmont through their many programs throughout the music industry. Most people worry that they will change for the worse when they go to college, but I know I have been changed for the better by coming to Belmont. I am more considerate, open-minded, and independent, and these are words that I never used to describe myself with.

Someone who doesn't like small classes and someone who doesn't like music or the "artsy" atmosphere.

steven

For the most part my class mates are normal people seeking an education. I have met plent of nice people and plenty of people who I choose not to spend time around. Many people at Belmont are here for the music school or music business program or they have dropped out of the program and are now persuing another major in another field. Overall the people are nice but it is clearly a music school.

Attending my school I have grown in many ways both inside and outside the classroom. I have been challenged academically in my classes and extracUrricular activities. I have also been able to make great connections with interesting people my own age as well as professors in my chosen field of study. For example my Biology teacher has had many discussions with me outside the classroom about her research into serotonergic and dopaminergic pathways within zebra fish. Animals who mimic our neural biochemistry. I have also been able to connect with the local community around my university. Working at a Hospital close to campus that works around my school schedule has been greatly helped me in learning medical terminology and technique. Living on campus has also been a wonderful way to get involved. Joining the rock climbing club known as "Outdoor Persuits" on campus has given me a way to connect with my fellow students outside of the classroom. The Indoor rock wall is also a great way to blow off steam after studying and has provided me with a healthy new hobby.

People intending to go into music or business. The school has a great business program and is very serious about it. They are also well known for their music business program because of the combination of a good business and good music program. Also since the school is located in Nashville the city is full of music. It seems most people come here thinking they are going to make it big either by performing or exploiting those who perform.

Amelia

Belmont University is a school where you can find diversity, but find yourself overwhelmed in the mass student population of Music, Business, or Music Business majors.

By attending college I have gained a sense of identity and responsibility. College has granted me the freedom to accomplish my goals on my time, while guiding me in a direction that I am prepared for the real world. I am in pursuit of a pharmaceutical career, and so far I have managed a pharmacy technician job while maintaining an average of 15 credit hours per semester. In process of reaching my goal in pharmacy, college has helped me to achieve and succeed in appropriate classes by offering the latest educational resources and teachers who share their passion of their fields with their students. Additionally, I have found that (most) colleges offer career resources to find job openings, internships, fairs, and resume seminars, in order to advance my resume to be more competitive. I find college to be incredibly valuable because I am given the opportunity to take necessary steps to become the person I aspire to be.

I wish I had known that Belmont's focus is merely expanding its enrollment and developing new programs. It lacks concideration and focus on its current students and educational programs. I am a science major, and our department (teachers, classes, and facilities) is lacking to say the least.

Alec

Belmont students are basically a huge group of music-loving, music-playing, music-affiliated hipster kids, who may or may not actually have any religious beliefs.

In high school, I always considered myself to be a very independent person. This allowed me to make the transition from living at home to living across the country with relative ease. I wasn't prepared for how much I didn't know, nor for the culture shock of moving from liberal California to the bible belt, Tennessee. Nor was I prepared for how quickly Belmont would begin to feel like home. I consider myself a full fledged individual now, self sufficient and ready to come out from under my parents' protective scope. And I have Belmont to thank for that.

I wish I had known that Belmont isn't as much of a Christian School as the administrators would have you believe. It is a perfectly comfortable school for any student, even those with no religious background whatsoever. Aside from a couple awkward moments, usually facilitated by staff, not students, I regularly forget that I am attending a self proclaimed Christian Institution. It's more like a hippie school masquerading as a religiously affiliated University.

Bryan

I have only been in college for one semseter, but it has been great so far. I am confident that this is where I am supposed to be, and that I am in the right major of study. I am excited to learn new things as I continue my college adventure at Belmont.

The lack of communication between admissions, and financial aid other areas at Belmont. When I need help or have a question about something, they just send me to someone else. No one knows the answer, or wants to help me. Belmont can really improve in that area.

People who are creative and love music should come to Belmont. There is always someone outside playing an instrument. It is a very small and friendly school. So anyone who loves people who love Belmont.

There are very few classes at Belmont University with more than 25-30 students enrolled. This kind of environment strengthens the relationship among students and teachers as well as allowing debate and conversation of the topics covered in the class. Belmont also provides many opporutinities for students looking for out-of-classroom experiences, with community service projects and numerous study abroad choices.

Most high school seniors believe that the biggest part of the college experience is learning to live on their own and be a responsible adult. I agree that this is one important aspect, yet being on my own for the first time did not have the biggest impact as most predict. Attending college has made me think harder and more critically about life and everything that comes with living it. I had never once thought college would be easy and it certianly has been proven to me, on more than one frustrating occasion, in my first year and a half. I went in as a bright-eyed freshman, having the perfect scholarly plan for the next eight years or so. However, I learned that things can change when you least expect them to. I soon was changing my major and my plan, but I left plenty of room for the changes I will encounter. Nothing is set in stone and students should be prepared for all endeavors life can throw at them that can alter plans, whether they be minor or drastic. Living the college life is the best preparation for these kinds of things and is key for success.

Ambitious, creative, and devoted individuals are most likely seen at Belmont. Those who can think critically and have a serious passion for their craft or ability. Belmont University is also a thriving Christian community.

Abigail

Belmont is an artsy, very musical, and beautiful school that welcomes everyone into its warm environment to be and continue to grow into the people they were created to be.

Quirky, funny, intellectual, and genuine, each individual classmate contributes his/her own personality and style to the school in order to challenge themselves academically, socially, spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually and to uphold the values for which Belmont stands.

My college experience has given me just that: experience. It has given me experience in learning, experience in balancing work, school, social life, and time for spiritual growth, experience in building relationships and in keeping (or not keeping) relationships, experience in performing, experience in serving my community, experience as a Resident Assistant, experience, experience, experience... The experience of living, living with four different room mates, with a hall full of girls, with a dorm full of boys and girls, with people from all different backgrounds which has taught me more about people than I have ever known. Living in Nashville has taught me how to take caution and take care of my friend's and my safety. Being at Belmont has taught me how to be the best student, an honorable friend, an encourager, a trustworthy Resident Assistant and employee, a spiritual, social, and emotional advisor, and most of all, a committed woman of God who seeks to discover the amazing opportunities that this world has to offer in and through every circumstance.

Katie

My classmates are fun, intellectual, and always willing to help others.

My classmates are fun, intellectual, and always willing to help others.

So far from my college experience I have experienced what I first thought I wanted to do in life, and realized that it was most likely something I would never enjoy. I took the classes I needed in my first year, tried managing a band, and realized that band management is just nothing that I'd want to deal with in life. Belmont helped me find me an internship that suited my needs for a new major, video production, and because of this internship I have figured out exactly what I want to do in life. Cinematography is my big goal in life. Sadly, Belmont isn't very well known for their Video program so this means that I'll be needing to take summer classes at other schools, and that grad school is an option. My life took a big turn for the better over this past semester, and I have Belmont University to credit it to. This school is the best thing that I've ever experienced in my life, and they have helped me realize what I want in my life.

Our school faculty doesn't discuss with their students new ideas that they're implementing. Such as their new idea to get rid of smoking on campus completely. They made that decision over the summer so that they wouldn't have to bring it up with the student board, and it's causing a lot of controversy throughout the campus. We just ask that we are part of the decision making process so that our school can be better fitted for our needs and interests.

Timothy

The college experience at Belmont University has benefited be in many ways. My time here has enriched me with many valuable relationships. I have interacted with many students in various ways, whether attending campus groups, participating in group assignments, and simply striking up friendships. I have also been exposed to some of the local leaders in business and finance who teach at my school. I am sure to retain these relationships throughout much of my professional life. At Belmont University, I have also received quality instruction and a strong foundation for understanding the industry in which I hope to have a career. I have learned a great deal about business concepts and practices, and have been given a great appreciation for ethics and social responsibility in business. This education has also given me a more global perspective, which will benefit me in my personal and professional endeavors. In truth, this experience has caused my appetite for intellectual thought to grow enormously, and I am proud to have been forced to become a more well-rounded person.

What is different about the students at Belmont compared to other schools is a focus on and commitment to experiential and active learning. Students who enroll at Belmont are not merely attending school to attain a peice of paper. Rather, they desire to graduate with a thorough understanding and accurate expectation of the world they will encounter after school. In order to be successful at Belmont, one must be willing to participate in class verbally, listen actively, and study thoroughly throughout the semester. A student who is committed in this fashion will find great learning to be attainable here.

I have been sometimes frustrated by a perceived over-relyance on adjunct professors at Belmont. Due to a commitment to small class sizes (which adds great value to a Belmont education), classes taught by tenured professors tend to fill up too quickly for most students to be able to register for them. As a result, several of my classes have been taught by adjuncts, some of whom did not deliver the quality instruction that is the standard at Belmont. There has been more than one class for which I have retained the textbook and conducted my own independent study.

Belmont University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.