Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Abraham

First off the biggest piece of advice that I would give myself is to join the organizations early. My first year and a half I did not join any organizations and I just came to school to take my classes get my A's and go home. Since I joined my last semester, I unfortunately missed out on many opportunities and great experiences. In addition to the academic benefits you make a completely new realm of friends with similar goals and expectations. Secondly, surrounding yourself with students that are better than you is vital to achieving and exceeding your goals. That way you have something to work up to, and not have everyone looking to you for answers. I would also strongly advocate participating in community service activities it brings a great feeling to give back to the community but also opens many doors to scholarships and schooling opportunities. Finally, create a strong network with teachers, advisors, students, and the entire faculty because these will be the individuals that guide you and help you succeed in the educational process. Take advantage of all of the opportunities supplied to you to ensure a phenomenal yet rigorous experience at the college level.

The thing I consider the best at Broward College would be for students that want to be successful that provide many opportunities. They have many nationally recognized organizations that students can join and challenge themselves with a rigrous environment. The Phi Theta Kappa and Honors Institute are both great opportunities for students to not only challenge themselves academically but earn scholarships, and give back to the community. They also have career specific organizations such as Phi Beta Lambda, they compete in many events ranging from accounting, financial services, all the way to ethics and business presentation.

The worst thing at my school is that many of the students attending do not actually care about education. A lot of the students attending Broward College go to school because either their parents made them or they want the extra money from the financial aid check. The students can be disrupt the classroom and can be a nuissance when they are in a group presentation. They come to school in tank tops and show complete unprofessionalism in what is basically the work place for a student. I believe BC has to hold these students accountable for their actions.

Nadege

Broward College is a wonderful school to attend beacuse the advisors are resourceful and the professors are great to their students.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would've made better choices. I procrastinated in high school on many things such as: studying, homeworking, and waking up on time for school. In high school studying wasn't an option for me, and I always waited the last minute to study, which caused me to do poor on my tests. I remember loosing my sleep to stay up late, just to finish my homework. When I was in high school I would repeatedly put my alarm on to wake me up for school, but when my alarm ringed, I would put the snooze button on just so I would be able to continue sleeping later be late for school. Knowing what I know about college life, I had to do a major transition. The advice I would give myself would be to invision my senior year as if it was my first year in college, so when I did graduate high school I would be mentally, physically, and spiritually ready to be a freshman in college, my transition made me a better student in college and I am now not a procrastinator.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Broward College is a person that is not mentally ready for college, and a person that is not committed to being in college because a person that is neither won't progress as a college student.

Angelica

I have learned that you can get a good education at a small school, even a public college. I have also learned that other students are just important to my college experience as teachers are. Community college makes it difficult to meet people, but the people I have met have been worth the experience. I've also learned that even though the work may not be the most challenging I've ever experienced, it's still valuable to learn. I've also learned that a bad teacher can make even an interesting class boring, and vice versa. Even if I understand a subject a bad teacher can make it hard to understand. The worse I am at a subject, the more important a good teacher is.

stephanie

The school has caring individuals who will help you to be able to succeed. The counsleors, employees and other students are all very helpful and the school provides a very good atmosphere to learn and to succeed. You can go at your pace and coordinate your schedule any way you would like. It is very convinient for students.

I decided to return to college after being out of school for 4 years. After the birth of my son, my life changed in many ways. I find it important to better myself, to teach him that anything is possible and that it is never too late to go back to school. No mistake is too great, you can always recover from a mistake, as long as you work hard towards what you want. I dream of being successful for my son, to provide him a good life and to be proud of my accomplishments. College has reminded me of what I always dreamed of as a child and it has mentally prepared me for the future. I have learned so much, experienced new friendships, and finally gotten my drive back. It is important to follow your dreams, and to never give up, and I am happy to say that I am a better person than before because of my hard work and dedication to school.

The best thing about my school, Broward College, is being able to have a flexible schedule and being able to coordinate my school schedule around my life. I enjoy the campus and the teachers and students are very helpful.

Gary

I find the staff helpful and the information regarding orientation at the school. Overall the experience was very postive and I would recommend persons who are willing to go to college to choose Broward College. It offers a wide variety of programs for everyone.

Need more detailed information regarding how much to borrow per year for student loans

Josue

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that nothing is going to be handed to you, you have to persue what you want to do. It has been valuable to attend because it has opened my eyes and made me a better person.

There is really nothing i wish i had known before i came to this school. This school has made me what i have become and has opened alot of doors in my future.

The kind of person that shouldnt attend this school is students that are not positive if they want to expand there future of learning. Even tought Broward College is a two year institution it functions and gets you prepared to the four year institution. Students who think its going to be easy should not attend. Also students that are going to waste their time should not attend either.

Desidine

Broward College is a every friendly school. There is alway someone there to lend a helping hand whenever your in need of assistance.

If you are a person who is not serious about education and learning you should not attend Broward College. if you wont help yourself how do you expect others to help you. broward College is here to help educate people who want to learn and exceed.

Justin

My college experience has been full of ups and downs. There have been very low points as well as some very high times when it comes to my education. My freshman year in college I lost focus early on due to my parents getting a divorce. This had a drastic effect on my me and education. I did hoever learn to bounce back from it. While in school, I have learned to take responsibility for my actions and make better decisions as an adult. This experience has given me insight to how the real world works. John Dewey stated that "Education is not preparation for life, education is life itself.." I learned that quote from my English teacher from last semester. As I thought about it, I saw that it really is true. I'm living life right now by going to class and learning something everyday.

crystal

To begin with, my mother always pushed me to get a better education and told me how important it was to go to school. She has never attended college in which she regrets and does not want me to make the same mistake. I watch my mother struggle from day to day as we live from paycheck to paycheck. I see how not going to school has taken its toll on her. She is financially stressed but makes sacrifices so i will be able to attend college. So that being said, every little bit counts towards my education and would mean a lot. Classes start on August 23 and i will be majoring in nuclear medicine technology while attending Broward College in Miami,Fl. Its a valuable lesson that i will learn ,whether is being independent or being the best i can be, i know my mother will be proud. This will be of value to me.

well i think the worst thing about my school would be there are too many students compared to the faculty that works there. So if you have an appointment at a certain time and get there on time , you still have to wait on the previous students. Basically its kind of slow and people become very impatient . Nothing is never really "On time."

the only thing i can brag about is my major because not a lot of colleges specifically offer nuclear medicine technology. Not too many of my friends kno what the field is all about or ever heard of it. So its something new i can be proud of.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.