Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Nathan

I have become a far more outgoing person. I've made lots of friends and have been exposed to new experiences. Also, I have become more confident in my academic efforts with the support and guidance from my professors. I actually find the college experience more enjoyable and less stressful than highschool.

I don't know what kind of person shouldn't attend this school because Broward College has something for everyone.

When discussing my school with my friends I have a habit of mentioning the friendly enviorment. Also, I never fail to mention the modern buildings and the comfort of being there. There are tons of extra-curricular activities such as the game room and the basketball court. Another factor that I mention is that there are lots of sections for classes to choose from. So, planning your schedule is easy. One other thing would be parking. Parking is a painless experience.

Joshua

We are a set of motivated individuals with success on our minds.

We are a set of motivated individuals with success on our minds.

I have received and earned a broad spectrum of knowledge and experience; from assisting patients to learning how to properly manage time for school and work, I have received another view on life.

The best thing about my school is the EMS program in which I am enrolled.

Jenna

I'm not really sure because I just started school there last week. I would say Its a good school to go to before going to a university to save money.

Broward is very organized. I was able to sign up for the classes I needed with in a few days of applying.

I would tell myself "Don't just get by. I know senior year is suppose to be a blow off but having fewer classes is perfect to give yourself more time to study and do better. You need to try your best, because you're going to regret it later. If you can do your best on every assignment and put your all into it, then you will not struggle so much later trying to get into school and to get scholarships. Having a good GPA and class rank is critical if you want to get in to a good school.? If I had known that then I wouldn?t be struggling so hard to go to school. I just moved to Miami and getting a loan is impossible right now because I?ve only had a job for a week and financial aid forget it.

Yanira

A nice environment ,that is much like high school.

A nice environment ,that is much like high school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing about college life and making the transition, I would probably advice myself to study hard in the science subjects, not slack off, focus on grades, and try to get a bright future's scholarship that will pay for my full college/university tuition, that way I would not stress about taking out loans and the big dept I may have after I graduate from university.

A person looking for many extracurricular activities, partying, and housing.

The thing about college, as a senior in high school, is that one thinks it is so grand. In reality, you have to be just as commited to school, and even more commited to your school work. One thinks that they are going to have fun and go to all these college parties; that is no way to look at college. Scholarships have been lost because of lack in commitment to work, and due to sleeping in because of a previous party. You have to prioritize your life so its not a big mess and you get stressed out, or fail classes. Have fun in college, make the most of it and learn. I never thought that school could help me or even interest me, yet it really helps you to grow in every aspect of your life. You will end up fealing accomplished and pleased with your success. College is the stepping stone to starting your life-long dreams. Don't waste away your time with laziness and carelessness. With a college education you will feel better about yourself in the long run.

One major piece of information that I wish I had known before attending college would have been that, unlike high school, you miss an assignment and your grade drops! Missing an assignment throws you off schedule and causes you to fall behind. To not procrastinate because you will regret falling behind.

The ost frustrating thing about my Broward College is that it is so close to home that I don't get involved enough. I go to class every day just waiting to get out so I can see friends or go home but, that is not the right way to go about it. School is important, and if you are paying for your education, you want the most out of it. A school needs to be like a community, to be united so we can learn from one another.

Rosalynd

I would advise my younger self to stay focused on completing my degree. And apply more for scholarships because getting educated isn't free.

Students that wants to succeed in life and wants the flexibilty of attending classes that's conveniet for the student.

The long waiting lines when you're trying to get answers about finances and/or choosing classes because the staff is just walking around have students waiting.

stormy

I would start by telling myself to pay more attention to English and Math and less attention to the drama that comes with high school.Be prepared to work even more solo than I had before and able to reference information better.Work on your objectives and figure out your major before you get to the colledge.Realise it all looks good from the outside but the work is what gets you on the inside.That your gpa is as important as your standings in general .To relax during the tests and reread once I am done.Grammer is a major and though I hate to write papers that is a major as well.To remind me that if you choose to be an architect/eng there is at least 6 years of school involved and alot of work.Mostly to breathe because you have it if you want it.Just Believe...My mom once told me to close my eyes and be my future because then I could see it... I see it....

Suhairy

I attend a former community college that is now considered a four year college as of 2009. Usually schools around the nation the same thing as in nice staffs, great workers, teacher, etc.. I have yet to experience what other schools may bring to my plate, but so far something unique I like about my school is the time workers and teachers put in to help. For example we have free tutoring on campas for every type of study, teachers have a smaller number of students per class which help the student get more hands on and suffient help.

This is a very good question! I think about this everytime I pass by my old high school. If I can go back to talk to myself as a senior, knowing what I know today in college i would of definitetly told myself to push that extra mile and try harder. I was a great high school student and graduated with amazing grades, I was part of different organizations and managed both the football and basketball team but I think I got too caught up with having fun and being part of my profession that I forgot that in order for me to become and athletic trainer I have to go through tedious subjects and have great financial stability. I would of told myself to push harder for a full scholarship, check out different schools, study harder and prepare myself for a better future. My present life is beautiful at the school I attend (Broward College) but it could of been better if I would of pushed that extra mile to achieve more and become more.

The best thing at my school so far has to be the "Coffee House", the Coffee House is a great way for students to come together and study and even sing! Usually at the Coffee House the school brings different guess speakers to touch on different topics or subject, other nights they bring upcoming singers or musicians. During the season the Coffee House is very occupied with sports fans around the school. This is just one of the thing I like best about my school.

Dory

Broward college may lack all the bells and whistles of many of the local big name schools however you will get a straight laced education that will prepare you to transfer to a 4 year program.

In general my classmates comprise of mostly younger adults of varying ethnicities and economic-socio status with the occasional older person such as myself sprinkled in for flavor.

What I would tell my younger self about college is that you need to focus. That those classes you will just stop going to will hurt you down the line in 15 years. That even with your 3.81 GPA ,someone would pull up that japanese class that you did not finish in 1994 and it will hold you back. That by not putting in the time to study you lost BIG money in your career by being passed up for lack of a degree. That your education defines you and shapes you 100 fold more than your friends ever could. That you will be setting an example for your unborn children. That in 2010 the world is not even close to what it seems in 1990's. That the world needs help in the future, that it needs leaders and that you need to start preparing now.

It has a very good honors program, and many clubs. it has a huge cultural diversity because of where its located (south florida).

I would tell myelf to make sure i was talking all the right classes, and study a little more than i did. Don't worry so much about trying to fit in, every one fits in. Although some people will tell you that the first class isn't important, it is; its the day you meet your professors. Introduce yourself to all your professors and let them know you're going to work hard in their class. Sit close to the front, maybe second row back at the farthest. Love what you're studying and don't be afraid to tell people you love it because they'look at you weird. Don't worry if every one you know is studying something easier, and seems much more enjoyable than what you're studying; thats their dream, this is your. Make sure you get sufficient rest (even from going out with friends) on breaks so you don't over stress. However, don't completely isolate yourself from your friends, they're the ones that'll help you get through this and help you study when you need it.

I, personally, love the atmosphere in central campus. The fact that they have no smoking outside of certain smoking zones is great!

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.