Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Kara

I would stress the importance of getting an education. I was in and out of school for many years and I found out that it is well worth the effort to continue in the path of education. Getting an education and pursuing your career of choice is priceless. Times are only getting tougher out there and most companies require some sort of higher education. My advice would be to never give up on your dreams. It may get tough at times but what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger.

There is no discrimination of age groups. The website is very helpful as well as the amazing teaching staff. I would recommend this school to anyone.

I think this school is perfect for anybody.

My school is best known for their Nursing Program. It is a 18 month program for a A.S degree in Nursing. It is accelerated so the students do a lot in a short little time, but their passing rate is very high. I am very excited to be enrolled in this program.

My school has the best nursing program for students and I am enrolled in it. Broward College, formaly known as Broward Community College, went from having only 2 year degrees, to now offering 1 and soon to be two 4 year degrees. There are so many different types of people at Broward College and everyone is so welcoming.

If I could go back to high school and give myself advice as a senior I would take the chance in a heart beat. First I would tell myself to realize that college is a huge change in someones life and that you have to prepare yourself as much as you can before you move on. People grow up so fast when it comes to moving on to college, and you realize who your true friends are, and the people that mean the most to you since you don't see a lot of high school friens after graduation. I would tell myself to be prepared to study way more than I ever did in highschool and to really think about what it is that you want to do the rest of your life. College can mae you or break you, and a lot of people, it breaks. Only the strong and focused make it through college, without letting people get into their way. College is a bunch of obstacles you have to get through in life, and once your past that, there are many more obstacles waiting ahead.

Broward Community College is a wonderful school that not only offers Associates degrees but also offers Bachelor of Science degrees, there is always something to do on campus and student life made sure you had a good time and that you were up to date with the current activities and club meetings by sending you an email weekly and by posting bulletins around the school.

BCC is best known for Roots Club, and the basketball team. The Roots Club is made up of people from the Caribbean?s and in south Florida most of the people are from the Caribbean. The Roots club is very active in the community they have toy drive around the holidays, car wash to raise money to do things like throw a Valentine party or even have a picnic at the beach they are always doing something. BCC basketball team is very good and it?s always a big turn out at all the games.

If I could go back in time the only thing I would do different is apply for scholarships. I could have had a lot more money for school and even could have got a scholarship that would have paid for my Associate degree in full, but I was scared and I did not think that I would go to college. So I had to take out loans to pay for my Associate and I really regret that. I did everything else right I had the good grades as a senior I had On the Job Training (OJT), I went to school for two classes and left school to go to work the last two classes.

Victoria

Broward College gave me the opportunity to deep myself on the American culture and to study. My dream is to become an Accountant. I never was disappointed at Broward College. The teacher, the resources, the professionalism are all characteristics of the College. They have campus all over Broward County and classes available for any schedule.

My classmates are great. If I take a class in the morning, most of them are teenagers. The students who work, usually attend classes at night.

I will advise myself: ?You are about to enter to a wonderful college life. Do not waste any minute!?

Confidence

I never get to know the events happening. The advertising is bad. Services are out there but people don't even know about it.

I think the must frustrating thing about my school is that I never know when things are happening. I miss out and it's not only me. The majority of the students never know when stuff is happening. They just go to school and then go back home (it's a community college :>)

Sharon

Broward Community College is unique compared to the University?s that I looked at in that they specialize in getting students the decrees they need or the foundation for a BA that they are seeking. Private University?s are costly and unobtainable for many people; Young people without help from parents and older people who have families and children to support, but still want to better their financial situation with higher education. Borward College strives to make education available to many by affordable rates and class times at nights and on weekends for employed head of households and single mothers.

My Dearest Beloved Sharon, Well you please listen to me with all of your heart and pay attention? I know that right now in life you are so excited and emotional about the future and your boyfriend, Kevin. Your future depends on you having a plan and sticking to it. You must start early planning your finances, housing, and budget. Don?t wait until the last minute, show up on campus and say??Now What??. It is your responsibility to plan for your future. Don?t be so afraid to ask for help and advice. That is what the staff is there for and they love to help with whatever you need. If you don?t plan and know what and why you are doing what you are? YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT IN THE LONG RUN! You will be get tried, frustrated, end up working two jobs plus going to school, due to poor planning and drop out. Get the Picture? Patience Grasshopper, Patience. I will love you forever no matter what, but let?s do this the easy way, please.

What I love most about Broward Community College is the staff. The staff is knowledgeable, patient, and kind. They are never to busy to help and give the information or advice that is best for the student. I am impressed by their attitudes and how they are happy with they employment and employer. It is really a reflection on the administration and how they take care of their employees.

Ruthane

You must STUDYYYYYY make time for study dont work to much, have a straight head on your shoulders, know what you are in school. Your not in College to waste your money and or parents money or time. My mistake was that i didnt study enough and i didnt make time. You have to know that this is what I want. Maintain your grades and be all you can really be.

Tabitha

I would tell myself not to give up and to keep trying because I know that your dreams of becoming a doctor to help others will happen no matter what others may say. I also would tell myself to stay in school and focus on the things that you want out of life. I would tell myself that you are smart, determined, a pusher, a survivor, and a self starter. Believe in you when no one else will. Find other students who share the same interest as you. Love you for who you are. Ask the teacher for help when you don't understand an assignment or homework. Don't be afarid to raise your hand to ask a question. Yes, I would tell myself all of these things and more to help myself be more secure and comfortable with being me. If only I could turn back the hands of time, I would be more carfeful with my studies and it wouldn't matter what people thought about me as long as my dreams and goals were accomplished.

At Broward College (BC), I get to use the resources at the school for free and they offer free tutoring. I also like that the staff and teachers are so helpful and understanding when it comes to the student needs. There are professors at this college who really care about you and accomplishing your goals. Being at BC, I have grown into being the student that I thought was impossible for me to be. I am glad that I chose to go back to school.

The professors I had were great! They really took the time to explain things that I did not understand. Broward College has an science club and other clubs that you can join in to help meet other students. There are a lot of scholarships available and financial aid to help assist with pay. Broward College is also web-based. You can chose to take night classes instead of day classes., and there are approximately four campuses to chose from.

Katie

I wish I had told myself to follow my dreams and pursue a degree right after high school. It seemed so complicated at the time trying to determine what to study and truly intimidating trying to pay for college on my own. Entering the work force however enabled me to make connections but also I feel it prolonged my attending college. I would have also told myself to focus more on obtaining better grades and attending college right after high school instead of waiting a year. Overall I was just an average high school student. If I had only focused and applied myself more I could have allowed me to qualify for more funding to attend college and or the possibility of a full ride scholarship; instead of working; not that its a horrible thing, but if I had just attended a 4 year college right away I would have made more freinds, developed networks and had the whole college experience, instead of working full time and taking online courses. and finding it hard to find time for anything else.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.