Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Vanessa

Broward College allows schooling to be easy. The travel time and tuition/fees are less than if I were attend a Universtiy.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, the first and foremost thing I would put in my head is staying on track. My first year of college, I was not necessarily overwhelmed, but I was going through some family issues and I let them get in the way of my education. As a senior in high school, I would convince myself to remain focused and keep my head up, becuase it would pay off in the end. This year I went through, what I felt was, hell and back to get back into school. Due to my mistakes my freshman year, I was determined on getting straight A's each each semester and so far I have done that. I would make sure I knew how important attendance was to classes. However, not because it was mandatory, but because its beneficial to me and my grades. Overrall my main focus would be to make sure I did not take schooling for granted, because everyday I wish i knew then what i know now.

There is a variety of Students who attend this college. Parents who are stuggling, students who want to stay closer to home, students are financial situations aren't as good as they should be, as well as many others.

Rachael

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would first congratulate myself on still being alive. I would tell myself to start preparing early and make sure I didn't kill my grades the last semester of HS (don't worry, I didn't anyway). Because life would be clearer from my point of view, I would make sure I told me not to leave my parents house, even if my mom was abusive. I would trade that year of abuse for the four years I haven't been able to go to college because I didn't have their tax information. Finally, I would stress to my high school self that my friends are extremely important and will be there even when no one else is. I would probably give myself a much needed hug and then disappear in an extremely cool way. That exit, however, will take some time to think about...

While there isn?t a lot I would change about the course I?ve taken since high school, and I?m happy with the person I?ve become, if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there is one piece of advice I would be glad to impart. I would tell myself that no matter how much people try to push me around and step on me, I have to stand tall through all of it and keep a firm grip on my dreams and on my sense of self through all of it. I have to assure myself that even if I feel like giving up, the stronger I am the greater my success will be. Even though I feel I?ve found my road to success and happiness, it would be nice to know that my hardship will be for a good reason.

If I could go back in time and give myself one piece of advice it would be to go to class because if you miss class you only hurt yourself!

I think this school is good for anyone who has a busy schedule with work or children because the professors work well with you if you need to manage your class time around other important things in your life.

When asked about my school I ushually tell my friends that I enjoy the professors beause they are very intelligent and knowledgable about their subjects. But the thing I really like is that the classes are small so you can get the attention you need if you are not understanding something.

Charles

My school is unique because my school was a community college and in a blink of an eye, it became a college and that is very unique. Also my college is in the center of about 4 different colleges.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to get better grades so i could go to a good college. Im not saying the college I go to now is bad. But if I put some effort and my mind to it i could of got better grades, and went to a more notable college.

The most frustrating thing about my school, is walking from one class to another; in such a short amount of time when i have classes that are one after another. also every semester the students attending school becomes higher and higher. It gets kind of crowded i think its time for our campus(Central) to expand.

Steve

My school is a great place for transitioning students from high school to college

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to work as hard as ever in that last year of high school and make sure all my test, grades, and other information correct before graduation. You can start taking college classes while you're still in high school and get a head start. Also make sure you fill out college applications early and take the ACT, SAT, or CPT and make the highest score you can. After graduation you can go straight into your college courses during the summer if you're that determined. Don't procrastinate with any of the college work because it will come back and bite you. Do everything on time or earlier, that includes registrating for classes and buying books.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be a person who wants a close teacher-student relationship and a person that doesn't want to be so far from their hometown

Laura

There is a sense of comaradarie when speaking with my classmates at Broward College. Everyone is there to help one another out. It could be finding a building, recommending a professor or even sitting down and helping with homework, my classmates are inviting.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to enjoy every moment of college. To enjoy the first day of class where you have no idea who anyone is, however a simple conversation about the course textbook starts a friendsip with the student next to you. To enjoy learning about subjects that you have never once thought of being important, until now. To enjoy being challenged and pushed to where you solve that problem and get it right. There is nothing like that feeling. To enjoy meeting diverse students who are different, however each and everyone share the same goal. Stress and anxiety will come, and that is normal. Nonetheless, when you hold that paper in your hands not only is that a moment to enjoy, but a moment of accomplishment.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is motivated and has a general idea of what he or she would like to study. Broward College is a school that offers many activities and classes that a freshmen or returning student will feel comfortable in. The advisors are always available to answer questions about future endevours, and welcome meetings.

shinique

My classmates are unique, diverse and I have learned a lot from them.

My classmates are unique, diverse and I have learned a lot from them.

Knowing what I know now about college, I would tell myself that college takes real determination, will power and hard work. It is not an easy transition from high school to college and some scenarios can be a real wake up call or eye opener if you are not fully prepared. I would also warn myself that college is not what you see on TV, even though college is fun and a once in a life time experience, there is a lot of work and studying that takes place behind the senses, you really have to be focused and have a clear mind to approach your new goals to come. Last but not least I would advise myself to have to fear, stay positive, constructive, focused and determined and you will do great! And don?t forget to Enjoy your college experience, because this is a once in a life time opportunity.

I believe that all people have an equal opportunity and chance to further their education. College is a wonderful experience and there should not be a limit to ?who? or ?what kind of person? should go to college, as long as you have the will power, drive, determination, dedication and opportunity I think that at least everyone should give college a shot.

alejandra

it's one of the best colleges in south florida, really good teachers and facilities, they just built a parking garage so the parking issue is resolve.

know what you want to do! don't waist time and money in clases that you don't need.

be caerful with the counselers, because most of the time they don't do the right job, sometimes they'll just tell you things and clses to take but you really dont need to take it. Also, have a lot of patience whenever you go to admissions or financial aid, because they are going to keep you waiting as long as possible.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.