Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

Vincenzo

Great school. Love it there. Good Christian environment and some of the nicest people I've ever met. Only issue I have is location.

Cedarville University is known for its Christ-centered learning environment. While it is very conservative in nature, the students feel comforatble in this sort of environment. Every student earns their minor in Bible, and most students truly loved their Bible minor classes. Academically, Cedarville produces students that workers love to hire. I believe 95% of all graduates will find a job within the first year of graduation.

Miiiike! Your future life in college is awesome! However, there are some things you should start doing now to make college and the rest of your life better. Senior year was filled with 5 AP classes and track and cross country, so you know what hard work is! Make sure you keep the up work ethic when you get to college...'senioritus' carries over! Next, stay focused on finding quality friends. Do not settle for the kinds of people that don't understand who you are as a person. Finally, get super involved at Cedarville! It took me till Junior year to get to the level of involvement that I wanted to reach, but I could have gotten to this point sooner! I have learned a very valuable lesson througout my time at Cedarville so far. The people who attain leadership positions are usually involved in more than one thing. For instance, everyone that I know in SGA is involved in two or three other things. I was involved in five different projects this semester alone. People trust leaders based on past projects. So don't be afraid to start freshman year! Good luck me! Enjoy senior year and college!

I have spoken to many successful Christians in their industry, and all would agree that Cedarville University is 'the Christian college' that they would recommend. Cedarville is not only competitive academically, but is also the perfect environment to teach Biblical indoctrination within every part of one's life. A prospective student looking for a cohesive student body, and wishes to earn a quality education from professors who truly care about their students should attend this college. Cedarville is not meant for the student who does not want to learn how to incorporate a Christian lifestyle into their future work place.

Brandon

Our school is best known for its incredible education with a strong Christian worldview. We have incredible community with chapel every day. We have loving professors who push us forward in our Christian Faith and a strong Christian community that works together to study in our field while studing God's word at the same time.

The most unique thing is the fact that we have daily chapel. Their is nothing like worshiping God on a daily basis together with all 3000 plus students. The other thing is just the incredible education we recieve along with the Christian background we get.

First and most important is to seek God more. You think that you have it all together but you have no clue what is ahad of you. College will bring all sorts of new experiences with school and outside of school. If you keep God first with daily prayer and devotions and prayer you will be so much better off than I am now. The other thing is to get rid of any repeated sin right now. It will be best to deal with before you get to college because they will not go away once you get here. It will only stay the same or get worse. You are doing a great job, study hard and as dad always says, Keep God First.

Michayla

Make sure it's your choice, and not your parents decision. While Mom and Dad really want you to go to this school, make sure you go because you want you. You're the one who has to live their 24/7 anyway. Also, extend your friend group. Don't limit yourself to your roommate and the people in your hall. Campus is huge, and you'll be surprised how many great people there are out there. Besides, your roommate may move on next year and then you would have to start from scratch. Get to know the sights and thrills of the town around you. Don't wait until your senior year to realize that the next town over has a really great coffee shop. Start working ahead on reading before your sophomore year. Don't be afraid to write in books (as long as they aren't rented!). When fun things come up, pick with discretion. Don't always drop your homework to have fun, but don't study without any quality friend time, either. Oh, and never change what you wear because someone else finds it weird. It's who you are. Do what you want.

I would have liked to have had a better understanding of the academic catalog. I spent a lot of time in my junior year trying to figure out what I still had to take and realizing I had missed several requirements. I also realized I took a lot of unnecessary classes. I wish I had had a better advisor to sit down and talk me through the classes I should and should not take during my college career. Also, I wish I would have known about places like Half Price Books.

I talk about the variety of textbooks that I have in my classes. I also talk about the great environment for making and keeping friendships. I also brag about how much my professors are willing to spend time talking about life and future plans with us individually. I brag about my great tutoring job at the writing center and the ways that students love how we can help them. I brag about the large size of my dorm room and the variety of food available in the all-you-can-eat cafeteria.

Rebekah

It's excellence in education and basketball teams

It's excellence in education and basketball teams

I would tell myself that I needed to learn how to make more friends and be more outgoing.

It's difficult to integrate with the school when you transfer in January from a different school

Denis

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I wouldn’t say much but would rather listen to what my high school self would say to me. The reason behind this is that I would be very interested in knowing exactly what was motivating me back then to make me who I am today. I would listen to what pushes him to look for better things in life when good isn’t good enough. I would ask about the mindset that he had and how it led him to success. I would ask why simple things such as respect, loyalty, and responsibility mattered so much to him even though he never had much of anything to do with anyone. I would ask myself these questions because it is too often that we forget who we are and what made us into who we are today. In regards to this, I look back at myself today and thank that high school senior for doing his best to prepare me for the position that I am currently in. And that would be exactly what I would say to myself, “Thank You.”

Kristina

All my classmates are born again christians, they are very nice and helful. At first I was having trouble because I was homesick, they did all they could to make me feel at home in my unit. We get together to study as well as have fun.

If I could go back in time to give myself advice in my senior year. The advice would be to acquire better study habits. Although I graduated with a 3.8 GPA, I would have strived harder for that 4.0. I would also have told myself to take advantage of the overnight staying in the dorm, so I would have relized how small the rooms. are. I would have join for leadership, and community groups, because I am shy and I think that would have brought me out of my shell and made the transition easier

The most frustrating thing is I do not have a car on campus, therefore it is hard ro get anywhere.

Kaitlyn

Cedarville students are friendly, and encouraging. In class we encourage each other to stretch our minds and think more intuitively about topics and integrate our faith into real life situations. Most classrooms are set up to assimilate interaction between the professor and the student, allowing a higher degree of learning and personal growth. Classmates truly care about each other and their needs and daily grown in their relationships trough time spent together. Cedarville students are full of energy, kindness, a genuine nature and passion for Christ and each other. I truly believe that Cedarville students are what make Cedarville University.

I would first tell myself that my academics are important. I'd say I am a pretty smart student when I apply myself, however in high school I didn't focus on my academics as much as I should have. Now I can see that if I would have put more time into my school work I would have been able to be more knowledgeable and receive a larger scholarship. Also, I would challenge myself to enjoy every moment and not get caught up in petty problems. I regret not becoming closer friends with people because of what others might have thought or because I was too prideful to befriend someone myself. I see now, through my college friendships, that investing in people's lives and caring about them can be beneficial not only for a friend but also for myself. I sometimes wonder what my high school experience would have been like if I was more focused on building true friendships than spending waste-less time and emotions on boys. While my high school experience was something I thoroughly enjoyed, I know that investing more time in my academics and friendships would have only made it that much better.

Cedarville University offers a wide variety of activities to get involved in. As a freshman I was overwhelmed with the numerous organizations, ministries or other activities I could participate in. I wish I would have spent some time talking with current Cedarville students about what activities would be beneficial to invest my time in. I have found some awesome things to get involved with, but with the help of current students I feel that I could be much more involved than I am currently.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to push through the all the negative and focus on my goal. I made a few mistakes right after I graduated and even during high school that I wish I could change, now I have to deal with them. I would tell myself to keep up a satisfactory attendance and to maintain at least a 3.0. College life is expensive and I would have told myself to save my money instead of spending it the first chance I got.

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.