Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

Rebekah

It's excellence in education and basketball teams

It's excellence in education and basketball teams

I would tell myself that I needed to learn how to make more friends and be more outgoing.

It's difficult to integrate with the school when you transfer in January from a different school

Denis

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I wouldn’t say much but would rather listen to what my high school self would say to me. The reason behind this is that I would be very interested in knowing exactly what was motivating me back then to make me who I am today. I would listen to what pushes him to look for better things in life when good isn’t good enough. I would ask about the mindset that he had and how it led him to success. I would ask why simple things such as respect, loyalty, and responsibility mattered so much to him even though he never had much of anything to do with anyone. I would ask myself these questions because it is too often that we forget who we are and what made us into who we are today. In regards to this, I look back at myself today and thank that high school senior for doing his best to prepare me for the position that I am currently in. And that would be exactly what I would say to myself, “Thank You.”

Kristina

All my classmates are born again christians, they are very nice and helful. At first I was having trouble because I was homesick, they did all they could to make me feel at home in my unit. We get together to study as well as have fun.

If I could go back in time to give myself advice in my senior year. The advice would be to acquire better study habits. Although I graduated with a 3.8 GPA, I would have strived harder for that 4.0. I would also have told myself to take advantage of the overnight staying in the dorm, so I would have relized how small the rooms. are. I would have join for leadership, and community groups, because I am shy and I think that would have brought me out of my shell and made the transition easier

The most frustrating thing is I do not have a car on campus, therefore it is hard ro get anywhere.

Kaitlyn

Cedarville students are friendly, and encouraging. In class we encourage each other to stretch our minds and think more intuitively about topics and integrate our faith into real life situations. Most classrooms are set up to assimilate interaction between the professor and the student, allowing a higher degree of learning and personal growth. Classmates truly care about each other and their needs and daily grown in their relationships trough time spent together. Cedarville students are full of energy, kindness, a genuine nature and passion for Christ and each other. I truly believe that Cedarville students are what make Cedarville University.

I would first tell myself that my academics are important. I'd say I am a pretty smart student when I apply myself, however in high school I didn't focus on my academics as much as I should have. Now I can see that if I would have put more time into my school work I would have been able to be more knowledgeable and receive a larger scholarship. Also, I would challenge myself to enjoy every moment and not get caught up in petty problems. I regret not becoming closer friends with people because of what others might have thought or because I was too prideful to befriend someone myself. I see now, through my college friendships, that investing in people's lives and caring about them can be beneficial not only for a friend but also for myself. I sometimes wonder what my high school experience would have been like if I was more focused on building true friendships than spending waste-less time and emotions on boys. While my high school experience was something I thoroughly enjoyed, I know that investing more time in my academics and friendships would have only made it that much better.

Cedarville University offers a wide variety of activities to get involved in. As a freshman I was overwhelmed with the numerous organizations, ministries or other activities I could participate in. I wish I would have spent some time talking with current Cedarville students about what activities would be beneficial to invest my time in. I have found some awesome things to get involved with, but with the help of current students I feel that I could be much more involved than I am currently.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to push through the all the negative and focus on my goal. I made a few mistakes right after I graduated and even during high school that I wish I could change, now I have to deal with them. I would tell myself to keep up a satisfactory attendance and to maintain at least a 3.0. College life is expensive and I would have told myself to save my money instead of spending it the first chance I got.

Cindy

I would advice myself not to take education for granted , and to pay as much attention to the Instructors as possible. I would inform myself that if I did not understand what the Instructor was saying to always raise my hand and ask questions for clarification, and to never,never,never feel like a dummy for asking. In my journey through the education process I have sometimes been satisfied with receiving a letter grade of "B" or "C" especially if the course was considered to be difficult. However. I would advise myself to fight harder for the best grade possible, to always set my standards high for acheiving that "A". I would tell myself the truth, that without a college eduation the types of jobs that are available to me are low paying and usually lead to a dead end. Cindy Malone

Bethany

One of the biggest changes that happens in college is the fact that most of the time you attend a college that no one knows who you are. You now have the opportunity to be yourself and show the world who you are and who you want to become. No longer are there assumpitons made about you from when you were in middle school as there were in high school. It is your time and chance to show the people around you how your elementry, middle school, and high school years shaped you and formed you into the man or woman you are today. College also gives you the chance to learn from the experiences of a myriad of people and to teach others your challenges and expereinces. Be yourself, push past your fears, and open your wings because your are about to soar into new heights.

The worst thing about Cedarville is the fact that it is in the middle of corn fields. It makes it hard to get off campus to explore Ohio, find a church, or be involoved in some type of service opportunity if a car is not available to you. However, you will form close bonds with the people in your classes and your dorm and will develop friendships that will last a lifetime.

Anyone who loves God and people and wants to grow spiritually, socially, and academically should attend Cedarville University. The school will challenge you to think critically about the world and society we live in and will strive to equip leaders of excellence in their field of choice. If you have the desire to be the best in your field of study and occupation then Cedarville University is the perfect place for you.

Adolfo

The advice I would tell my future self would be to investigate, prepare and don’t wait for the last minute for college. First thing I would advise myself in the beginning of my senior year is investigate about scholarships, financial aid, college you’re interested in and apply to them right away. Then I would suggest not to slack off just because it’s the last year but the last year to get all required credits for graduation. After, prepare by apply for admission for college and talking to a college adviser for unanswered questions. Then getting a part-time job to supplement income for college savings, just incase if financial aid won’t help. While waiting for that, I would suggest of thinking what classes to take, look them up and write down the course number. For later when registration day comes, you can just put the number and register quickly. By doing that you can avoid stressing, being in the waitlist or not even getting in the classes because that was my mistake of doing everything the last minute. Last tip on the first day of school, go early to locate your classes to avoid being late.

Maria

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior regarding college and transitioning into it I would tell myself four things. First, listen to your parents. They know what is best for you and even though you’re scared to commit to a place where you know no one, you will be just fine. Second, relax!! Do not be so worked up about being away from friends and do not be so worried about not getting good grades. Third, study! Reading as much, if not all, of the material for a class as possible. KNOW the material inside and out. Study hard and put studying ahead of most activities. And fourth, HAVE FUN! You’re at college to meet life-long friends and make memories that you will explain to your children in the future. Study for your classes but every now and then take a break and go have some fun. College is for preparing you for a career. It’s also for making friendships that you will continue long past graduation day. It is a place to learn about yourself and to grow. It’s a life changing place.

All the activites that the campus has going on for the students to participate in.

The most frustrating thing about the school is the curfew on the weekends. I wish it was extended.

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.