Cedarville University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cedarville University

Katelyn

When people ask me what my least favorite part about Cedarville is, I can only really say the price tag because everything about Cedarville is excellent. The best part about Cedarville is the opportunity it affords me. I have infinite opportunities to network, grow spiritually, be challenged academically, and built life-long relationships.

I have really enjoyed my time at Cedarville University, and would encourage anyone to go there.

Rachael

Overall, this is a good school. Some of the rules and policies seem to be a bit strict. They are intended for our good however they are a bit excessive. The classes are challenging but manageable if effort is applied. There are many different student organizations to become involved it!

Rachael

Yellow Jackets are typically avoided at all costs as they are obnoxious and can sting multiple times. But that is not the case with the yellow jackets at Cedarville University. The students at Cedarville are friendly and kind. As a junior, I have been able to enjoy classes relevant for my profession and other aspects of life outside the classroom. Cedarville has a high academic standing, making the students successful in their professional life. Though the classes are sometimes hard, it is to equip students for a future job. The atmosphere here is one of love. Getting involved with the community and the campus is encouraged and easy to do. I love this school, and I'm honestly glad I chose to come here.

Cedarville University is an amazing school. When I first stepped on campus, I was shocked at the personalities of the student body. This school has a tight-knit community, which allows you to feel like a family. Everyone on campus has a smiling face and are very willing to help anyone who needs it. As I sat in on a class, I loved how the teacher was about to ask questions and the students would raise their hand to answer. The professor called the students by their names and I could easily tell how much she cared about her students. The academics are Cedarville are beyond exceptional. I am able to learn from some of the top professors in that field and also have the word of Jesus Christ be taught to me daily. I would not want to change anything about this school. I am so lucky to be here and thank God everyday for this wonderful place I get to call home.

Lacie

I love Cedarville! It's a great Christian school, exactly as advertised. The professors and faculty actually care and the academics are great. Chapel is awesome. There's lots of ways to get involved. The food is actually decent and campus life is safe and active.

Angel

Cedarville University is the center for Godly training and preparation for whatever the world holds for an individual.

Ira

It's morning! First I get up and partake in chapel. Then I have a deep lecture by our renowned professors. Finally I study up with some buddies in the Chucks (the cafeteria) then we have fun and play the night away! This is the astute life of Cedarville and I love it, it's a very quiet and calm atmosphere, and the people absolutely LOVE God!

Kaitlyn

Cedarville University has given me a unique opportunity to pursue my dream job in the company of fellow believers. This environment ensures rigorous academic challenge and self-betterment along the way. I love the community and challenge that Cedarville so naturally provides!

Vincenzo

Great school. Love it there. Good Christian environment and some of the nicest people I've ever met. Only issue I have is location.

Cedarville University is a highly academic and respectable institution. As a Christian university, it is centered on Christ in all its pursuits, whether in academia, athletics, or extracurricular activities. CU departments are frequently awarded national recognition for achievements. Students are friendly, and the faculty is highly qualified and caring towards students.

Bri

I have absolutely loved my time at Cedarville, and I am so thankful for the opportunities it has given me. My professors are incredible, and they are truly there to see their students succeed. The community at Cedarville is amazing, and the students are always there for one another, encouraging and praying for each other. Cedarville has firm beliefs, and the people here really live out their faith. It is a great campus to be a part of, and I'm so glad this is where I plan to finish my college journey.

Marie

I love Cedarville. Cedarville Has helped me grow academically and spirituality. They definitely want students to to have a biblical perspective to learning through rigorous academic courses. They have high expectations because hey want students to succeed and prepare us for the workforce. They are extremely helpful if students are struggling with a whole tutoring organization that is free to students and professors are helpful and want us to come to office hours.

Lily

A place to learn to be spiritually and academically excellent. great atmosphere. the visits I have taken have been very informative and genuine. there seems to be a sincere desire to get to know the student. we stopped to ask questions and the students went out of their way to assist us.

Shane

My overall opinion of the school is outstanding. This is a one of a kind university where God is truly put first. It is a Christian college and the emphasis on the Bible is all but encompassing. If God is the first priority, then academics are second. The classes are taught by the most equipped professors I have ever known. If there are any negatives about the school, they are few and far between. I have nothing but good to say about Cedarville as I have had nothing but good experiences there.

I love this school and I would love to continue my education here! I can't however because of financial reasons. The people are lovely, and the teachers and education are exceptionally good. There are plentiful amounts of things to do on campus, however, you need to drive a little while to get to any bigger cities! That is not a big issue though. Campus is well kept and beautiful.

Joshua

I visited Cedarville University once and have been reveiwing their programs online for a year now. I am almost set on attending in the Fall of 2018. Cedarville as a whole really presents a unified goal of glorifying God in all majors and areas of studies. Their goal is augmented by every student I meet, every faculty member I interview with, and every billboard I see.

Joel

It is a very good academic Christian school in the middle of a cornfield. I have enjoyed my time there even if it is a struggle to pay for it. I would recommend this school to my friends and family. The professors are always helpful and available, this is super helpful.

Jenna

I honestly love Cedarville. Not only are you pushed academically by your professors, but you are also pushed spiritually by everyone around you. Christ is the center of everything at Cedarville and I believe that makes all of the difference. There is not one second that I regret attending Cedarville. And on a side note, there is a coffee shop on campus, and two downtown, and I don't believe you can get better than that!

Timberly

Cedarville is an amazing school. The atmostphere is great and the people are extremely friendly. There isn't always a ton to do on the weekend unless the campus is hosting an event or you go off campus. The rec center is nice and the athletics are good. Chapel is a great experience. The education is unlike what you get at any other school (in a good way).

Andrew

Overall, my opinion of Cedarville University is mostly positive, with only a few complaints scattered here and there. Positives: There is a rigorous academic program built specifically to help students succeed in a career after graduation. Professors and faculty care about the students and are almost always willing and eager to help with whatever problems we may face. The on-campus community in Cedarville is extremely tight and people care about each other (However, when you attend a university of only 3,600 people, it's inevitable that friend groups, organizations, and classes will have plenty of overlap). Christian faith is at the center of everything the school does, and it makes an effort to reflect that. Negatives: The 'CedarBubble'. When you are surrounded by people who share very similar beliefs and lifestyles that you have, you are not truly exposed to what the world can be like. There is a certain type of naivity that permeates around Cedarville.

Eva

With one year left of my four years at Cedarville, I cannot speak highly enough about this school! The administration, staff, and students are unlike any other Christian college I visited and the education I am receiving is far better than what I even anticipated.

Ellison

I feel completely safe on campus, and I feel strongly encouraged to learn. The academics are rigorous and challenging, and it prepares me for my future career. I appreciate the intensity of the course work, and the professors are always willing to answer questions, and they are actively building relationships with students.

Last summer, we were traveling up the East Coast and ran into an unknown family at our hotel in Georgia. They were wearing Cedarville shirts, which immediately struck up a conversation. They were getting ready to drop their daughter off for her freshman year within the next few weeks. Understandably a little bit nervous, the parents asked for my honest opinion about the school. To summarize it he conversation, my answer was, “She’s going to love it!” Cedarville is a greenhouse for the young adult who needs academic structure and wants accountability. You can’t help but grow spiritually, intellectually and socially at Cedarville. It is the perfect school for the self-driven student who is not afraid to leave the comforts of home, and dive right in to a challenging academic climate full of faith, friendship, and fun. Chapel everyday of the week is one of the things I treasure and miss the most about Cedarville. It was an absolutely wonderful time of my life, and was well-worth every penny. Someone said that Cedarville attracts upper-middle class Baptists. Cedarville attracts a broad array of students nationally and internationally. When I went there, I knew many non-denominational students and students from other evangelical denominations. The school teaches from the perspective of the Baptist faith, because it is a Baptist school. The student body is a good mix of gospel-believing Christ followers.

Embrissa

I love Cedarville, although I do think it is way too expensive for most people to afford without ridiculous amounts of loans being taken out. Cedarville does have a unique community where I feel that students can truly learn and grow together as we recieve some of the best experience we can in our fields before graduation.

My overall opinion of Cedarville University is that is a very safe and academically based university. The professors are extremely helpful, if students ask for help. The university strives for academic excellence and also wants to help the students succeed. I have really enjoyed my time being a student at Cedarville University.

I think Cedarville is very appealing, both academically and because they are in the process of building a Chick-fil-A on campus. Their campus is super safe and feels like it could be home. A student there once told me that they just leave their keys/purse/wallets/skateboards wherever they want and they don't have to worry about it getting stolen.

Olivia

Cedarville University is a breath of fresh air. Most campuses have students that are stressed and overwhelmed, but Cedarville contains students that are extremely friendly and, most importantly, happy. The campus encourages a healthy lifestyle and safe environment that is welcoming to newcomers like me, and provides an easy transition to freshmen.

Kaziah

I greatly enjoy going to Cedarville. Overall, the professors are very accommodating and truly care about your learning experience. I'm an online student, but I have experienced dorm life and the facilites are very nice and cozy. The community there is very welcoming .

Jonathan

Would not recommend Cedarville to anyone, ever, for any reason. The education that you are receiving is not worth the money you are paying for it. If you are a "good looking" talented musician you will love this school as they will make you a priority. Anything else and you will feel like an outsider. They are completely unwilling to work with you in anyway financially. They also try to portray the campus as a perfect campus where every student and faculty member is perfect, and has no personal issues or struggles. A close friend of mine had shared his testimony during chapel about struggling with alcohol and sex abuse, and how he overcame that through God's grace and mercy. Cedarville rather than using this great testimony to reach people for the gospel of Christ, decided this could reflect negatively and they did not want to ever potentially let people think that they are human as well and they cut this portion of his testimony from the radio and tv streaming service. The image of Cedarville was far too important to risk, despite the fact that this testimony could have reached a struggling Christian or Non-Christian who's dealing with a similar issue and allow them to turn to Christ, instead they're going on with Christians on this pedestal of perfection that we can't possibly live up to which points us to be hypocrites rather than displaying the love of Christ. Go to liberty, go on line, save yourself thousands of dollars and get a true Christian education from a University that doesn't value image over theology.

Cedarville University is an outstanding institution committed to providing a rigorous, Christ-centered education. It provides a plethora of opportunities for involvement, the professors regularly engage with the students, and chapel is the heartbeat of the school. The school is committed to preparing students to enter the workplace or higher education, and there is always someone to help with problems along the way. The environment on campus is fantastic and encouraging; days are full of fun events, real conversations, and cultural engagement, not to mention academic drive. The campus is beautiful and it often reminds me how thankful I am to attend Cedarville.

Cedarville is an awesome college where the class sizes are small, the professors available, and there is a strong sense of community. Professors and students alike are always willing to go above and beyond to help you, and the academics are phenomenal.

Cedarville University is a school that all Christians should consider carefully. When you look towards attending Cedarville, you need to consider how academically challenged you are ready to be. There aren't many activities off campus unless you have a car, which is really great for people who tend to go out and neglect their studies. The classes are challenging, in a good way! You are constantly wanting to do better. Cedarville University is constantly uplifting the Word and Testimony of Jesus Christ, and you feel safe when you are always around other believers. Cedarville University is an amazing yet challenging school that prepares its students to be prepared for today's society.

Alaura

My overall opinion of Cedarville University is that it is a fantastic school with a ton of opportunity but only if you're willing to look for and work hard for it. Cedarville is not the type of school that allows you to slack off. In my opinion Cedarville is the type of school that pushes you to work hard and to grow and they want you to succeed. If you fail at this, however, Cedarville faculty and staff are more than willing to help you get back on track and they will most certainly make time for you and help you with whatever you may need. The overall atmosphere at the university is pretty relaxed and the campus is beautiful and every year I have been at Cedarville there is some sort of new building or renovation that is built over the summer. The university's president is very on top of updating the school and it's really nice to come back to new buildings and improvements each year I come back. I do wish that there would be some sort of solution to the problem of the intense amount of wind that can be felt from anywhere on campus.....maybe more trees or something...please???? Anywho, the students at Cedarville are generally very friendly and very nice. There are a lot of hipsters and most of the students are white; I wish there was more diversity there. Most importantly, Cedarville is a Christian University that strives to truly adhere to their values and their doctrine. I think this is great, unto a certain extent. One thing I don't like is the midnight curfew, especially when I'm craving McDonalds at 1 a.m. Another is how strict and controlling Cedarville is with their student's activities at times. There is a new policy that is starting in the fall of 2017 called the Phillippians 4:8 policy or something that like that I think is too extreme, but I don't run the school. Cedarville is a D2 sports school and they have mens and womens soccer, basketball, tennis, and a ton of others. They have a lot of intramurals also: I play outdoor soccer, indoor soccer, wallyball, sand volleyball, and basketball. There are also mens and womens rugby teams and an ultimate frisbee team. All that to say that Cedarville is a very active campus. Overall, if you are looking for a school that will encourage you in your Christian faith and to push you academically then I think Cedarville would be great for you!

C

I can't speak for anyone but myself and I can honestly say that my time at Cedarville was amazing. I learned to think for myself and was given room to make mistakes. I was introduced to different ways of thinking from an administration that was not afraid to let students discover truth and use its lens to guide their worldview. My classes were challenging and well-rounded and I felt as if I left the school with a solid academic education that was wonderfully supplemented with a rich Biblical education. Outside of the classroom, I made friends that will always be like a second family, was given opportunities to travel the world, and was greatly involved with student life. The professors, faculty, and staff during my time at Cedarville were very instrumental in teaching me how to see and empathize with the world with the heart of Jesus. The school, since my time there, has made some changes so I can't speak on how the school is today (2017) but my time spent as a student and staff member (2005-2012) were very enjoyable, educational, and life-changing.

Meghan

It is the best college ever. You are constantly surrounded by like-minded individuals who are very encouraging and up-lifting all the time! The professors love to pour into their students lives and are always willing to help with academics and personal issues you may have!

John

I have never regretted choosing this university because of how amazing the people who attend and work here. I have gotten to know at least two dozen people who live in my dorm alone. The faculty is also some of the best help you can get. The classrooms are small enough that a professor can often know them by face and name, allowing them to more personally help if you have problems.

Brian

I will start with the good things. This school has a beautiful campus and if you are looking for a significant other, this is a good place to start. Once you sift through the home schooled awkward students, you will find a life long group of friends that fit your mold. However, this school does not prepare you for the real world. I was an Engineering student who transferred after two years. Here's why: The Engineering Professor's wanted a certain student in their classroom (the butt-kisser, bow down students who feed the PHD's Ego). 137 students started in Engineering, roughly 60 finished. The lack of internship opportunities was also discouraging. I'll be honest and say I was at the lower end of the class (2.7 GPA) so opportunities were near impossible to come by. At the end of two years I was $64,000 in debt with no experience and a marginal GPA. My recommendation: A state school will prepare you to deal with people (Christians, Non-Christians, Bisexual people). This university shuts students out from the reality of the workplace. I transferred my Junior year, landed an internship at a government defense contractor, graduated with a Mechanical Engineering Degree in 2016, and simultaneously accepted a job offer at the same agency. Plus, the company is paying for my Master's in Engineering. I knew several graduates who struggled to find jobs paying 40-45k with a Cedarville education. It's not all about money but at this age, millennial graduates need to think about the bigger picture than just "having a good, comfortable time with friends". My current position pays 74k with full benefits. The only debt I have is from Cedarville. The other institutions tuition was paid in cash each semester because of affordability and research scholarships, which Cedarville does not offer. I found my wife at Cedarville which made the two years more than worth it, but please think twice before you spend 4 years on an education that is rigorous but not well known in the community. If you are looking for a chill place for 4 years and are interested in the arts I would say go for it! Happy Hunting!

John

Cedarville is a fabulous university. The academics are extremely rigorous, but the professors are great. It is a great atmosphere, and the daily chapels are awesome. It is expensive, but they offer generous scholarships. There are lots of opportunities to serve.

I can't imagine going to a better school. I had to condense my list of wonderful things about Cedarville University, but here it is: If you have a vision for your future, Cedarville faculty and staff are behind you. I have had the support of my advisor, my professors, and the department of my major in pursuing my unique degree plan and tailoring it to my needs. As a transfer student from a community college, their professionalism challenges me to work with excellence, and their friendship encourages me to prize integrity in my conduct. The community is genuine, and you won't find anything like it elsewhere. Cedarville is a Baptist institution, and chapel five days a week brings the whole body together to recalibrate our priorities and support one another. Students volunteer because our hearts are captivated with a love for God that overflows into love for others. Cedarville can't be beat. Check it out.

Rebecca

I have loved my past four years at Cedarville. The academics are phenomenal, the class sizes are always small which creates great opportunities for students to get to know their professors. The campus community and culture are incredible and one of my favorite aspects of Cedarville. The school is located in the middle of nowhere Ohio, so it can be difficult to find things to do on the weekends without having to drive. But the student life programs work hard to make up for the location by always having fun events and activities on campus every weekend. The daily chapel services are engaging and challenging and really help to build a strong community of Christ followers. The on campus housing is decent, many of the dorms are older and slightly run-down, but the school has just recently begun renovating and building new dorms. The off campus options are not much better, Cedarville is a very small, old town and so the renting options for college students are limited. Many of the houses available for rent are 80+ years old and in need of repair, but there are some nicer options in the surrounding towns.

Elena

Cedarville University is a lively school with plenty of opportunities for spiritual and intellectual growth. Students of all diversities and personalities can be found on campus. The professors are always open to conversation, and all the students care for each other.

I felt like they tried to accentuate their best qualities and hide their bad ones. I heard one thing on the tour but was told a completely different answer by current students. I also didn't like that they require the freshman to live in a certain housing because it didn't look very safe, and the students I talked to had bad experiences.

Emilia

I love this school so much. There are so many good things about every single aspect of the campus and the academics. The faith life is my favorite part. I am planning to attend in Fall of 2019. I need as many scholarships as possible in order to attend. Please give me this scholarship!!!

Zoe

Cedarville University is a place to thrive! The academics are challenging, the community is indescribable, and the campus is beautiful. Cedarville will set you up for success in whatever field you pursue.

Daniel

After years of being a Cedarville student I can confidently say it is a great school and I've had a great learning experience. The people here are lovely and the professors and staff are always helpful. The dorms are cozy and clean as well as the food being good.

Mikayla

Cedarville University is an incredible college. It aids both the academic and social needs of students. The campus is small enough to feel like home, yet big enough to get to know new people. An absolutely incredible place to attend The professors are super personable and get to know their students, and student life is so much fun.

Amy

Cedarville University deserves a five star rating. The professors take time to meet with me about my assignments. The student body fosters a positive community of growth. Chapel encourages my soul daily. I am consistently challenged socially, academically and spiritually.

Joshua

I think that the campus at Cedarville is amazing. Not only how the campus looks, but what the campus stands for. They want you to be excellent at what you do. All individuals will be pushed to be the best they can be. They care for you as a student and as a person. It is a christian campus and the curriculum is Christ centered which I love. All of the people I came into contact with were very friendly. The current students do what they can to make you feel welcomed. People are genuine in the sense that they want you to succeed. People are willing to give you the help you desire.There are a great deal of ways for one to get involved on campus. For example Cedarville offers many different types of small groups that students are able to get involved in. Discipleship ministries is a way that all students on campus are able to get involved spiritually. Discipleship ministries overseas about 100 discipleship groups. They meet up together regularly for prayer, accountability, encouragement, and Bible study. Another way that students are able to become involved in campus is through intramural activities. There are a lot of intramural sports that are offered on campus. Some of these sports that are offered are soccer, disc golf, co-ed volleyball, flag football, and ultimate frisbee. These are only a handful of the activities offered. I am proud to say that I have made my deposit to Cedarville University. After I visited, I had little words to describe my experience. I am excited to attend this University to further my academic studies along with growing in my faith.

Amy

Cedarville is an extraordinary school. The community here is so strong, and a lot of the students are so passionate about pursuing the Lord. The classes are really great, and I haven't yet had a professor who isn't willing to help me learn. Although the school is far away from a lot of shopping and off-campus activities, it's never boring on campus. Because of its size, it feels like a family. I would definitely recommend Cedarville University.