Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

Katie

My school is unique in the fact that while the classes are challenging, and the coursework rather heavy, the focus is more set on ministry. This could be in the form of helping out the community by holding conferences or by asking the students to volunteer, or sending out ministry teams to different countries, both also more locally like in nearby Dayton and Columbus. Above everything, the attitude that almost everyone expresses at Cedarville is a willingness to serve in whatever way possible

I would definitely tell myself that there isn't nearly as much to worry about in comparison to what I first thought about college. The atmosphere is friendly and easygoing, despite the fact that I chose to go to a college where I didn't know anyone. There really isn't anything to truly worry about beyond the typical college experience, which comes with late nights, mornings that are too early, classes that have a fair amount of reading, and of course making friends. However, so far each of the above experiences and almost everything else about attending Cedarville University has been fairly all right, all in all. In less words, I would just tell myself to chill and let things happen on their own, as worrying does not accomplish anything.

Due to the fact that Cedarville University is a strong Christian college, I feel that the best quality of Cedarville is the openness and tolerance that they express toward not only other believers, but to all. Cedarville is primarily Baptist based but I am not a member of the Baptist church, far from it actually. There are some major differences in doctrine between my church and Cedarville, but I still can express these differences and my opinion without fear of being told flat-out that I am wrong. Cedarville University is not hypocritical in loving and accepting just about everyone.

Jerilyn

At most of the other schools I looked at, I would have had to choose between a strong academic focus and a Christian atmosphere. I was disappointed that I might have to consider choosing between the two biggest things I wanted in a university. Cedarville University combines both with ease. The university is very academic and strives for excellence in its students. It was also the most Christ-centered university I found. The school expects much from its students academically because they will represent Jesus Christ to the world.

The transition to college will not be the end of your life, but nor will it come without trying. With the correct perspective and some helpful information, you will succeed. The biggest thing you need to guard against is prideful complacency. High school A's and the honor roll are not enough to guarantee your college success. You will need to study much more diligently, beginning with reading your syllabi. They are infinitely more important than the menial high school course overviews. In your zeal to see your name on the Dean's list, stop and take time to enjoy some of your new freedoms. Take local day trips to explore the surroundings. Invite other students to join you, but remember to step outside of your comfortable friend bubble. The best friends come from the people you least expect to enjoy. But overall, don't feel like you must have your entire life in order just because "you're in college now." Everyone is going through varying degrees of transition, and the important thing is to day after day, keep at it. Do this, and college will broaden your mind and challenge you to do what you never thought possible.

I love the community feeling that Cedarville University has. Everyone, including faculty/staff and other students, is very approachable and genuinely cares about each other. Professors are so accomodating. They will do anything they can to help you succeed and do well in their classes, even scheduling extra review sessions during their off hours. Students become very close due in large part to the very small town environment of the surroundings. Students spend much of their time with each other and even at professors homes. Students volunteer to rake leaves and shovel snow for professors and their families.

Byambadorj

I would tell myself to join the JV soccer try outs. I also to tell my self to study more in the study groups in the library. I would also tell myself to ask Kelly Troyer out sooner! I might have also told myself it would be nicer if you brought your car for those late night trips to TACO BELL!

I wish i had known what banks were in the town so I could have known which bank to join so that it would be easier to access my bank account.

I brag mostly about the people, the activities, and the sports facility center at the school.

Kendra

Cedarville is best known for having the most welcoming atmosphere. Visitors, speakers and teams we play in competitions say that they enjoy coming to Cedarville because they know when they come they will be treated with respect and that we actually want them there. Students are ready to help in any way possible or point you in the direction of someone that can help.

When you get your syllabi for your classes, don't get overwhelmed and think "I'm not going to be able to do this!" Believe it or not you can. Set aside a day where you can organize you syllabi, put your assignments down on a calendar of when they are due. Each day set a goal of what you'd like to accomplish and make sure your realistic. Don't set the goal to high or you'll be disappointed with your self. You don't need that on top of the stress involved with school. Another key thing is that you have balance. College can't be all school work or it's guarenteed you will go crazy. College also can't be all fun or you can say goodbye to your degree. Set aside a certain time each week when you do something fun. When you do school work focus on the assignment at hand, don't think about all of the other assignments you need to do. Take it one assignment at a time, day by day and you will make it through. Remember to enjoy college!

In my first year at Cedarville University, the most frustrating thing for me about my school was the laundry room. You had to stay right on top of your laundry or else someone might take your clothes out. I can't tell you how many things of mine got lost in the laundry room because of that.

Jerilynn

My classmates are very friendly and talkative.

My classmates are very friendly and talkative.

I have grown up a lot while being in college. I have had the chance to find out who I am, and what I actually believe. I have gained a great education, and I know much more about life and the world.

Someone who likes to think critically, and doesn't just accept things at face value.

Chelsae

The community that is created at Cedarville is one of the love of God. The students here are what make the school. It is difficult to go through the day with a frown on your face, someone, even if you don't know them will stop and ask you if you are doing okay. It is a loving community where everyone is striving to serve God and follow His perfect will.

There has been so much that I have learned from being here at Cedarville, even in the short time of one semester. I have learned that being on your own, no matter how much I was excited to leave home. I have found it valuable in that I am making real friendships that will truely last a lifetime. I am experiencing the love a college that can only come from being happy where I am at. I have learned to take the focus off of myself and be more concerned for the well being of those around me. The largest thing that I have gained is my relationship with my Lord and Savior. I am so blessed to be in a Christian centered university.

They are truely focused on Christ. He always comes first. I love having chapel everyday! It is an amazing chance to take a break from classes during the day and be together as one school worshiping our one awesome God! THe community here at Cedarville is exceptional, the professors care about there students not just in class but also on a personal level. It is just a great place to be.

Amie

My classmates are extremely encouraging and always striving to edify one another.

Not only have I learned about my major in my collegiate experience, but I have learned about myself. Never before have I been able to identify my strenths and weaknesses, and now I can be perfectly honest about them and work on them. I have made friendships that will continue to impact me for life, friendships that I will never forget. But most importantly, being in college has given me a chance to find myself as God finds me, and to grow ever closer in my relationship with Him as I am continually dependent on Him to supply my needs.

If you are not enthusiastic about following the Lord and living for him, I don't think you should attend Cedarville. Don't come here looking for a party school--it is a serious university with a high academic standard.

Danis

My peers are God loving individuals who encourage me everyday and whom i've grown to love as brothers and sisters in Christ.

I've grown and matured a considerable amount since i've attended Cedarville University. I've learned good study habbits and how to balance my work load and social life. Being a nursing studnet, my work load has been very demanding and requires me to carefully give my time to various venues. I've very much enjoyed playing intermeral sports as a source of stress relief and enjoyment. I've learned that having fun and developing realtionships is just as important as my studies. These lessons in and outside the classroom have proven valuable in my life now and i'm sure they will in the future as well.

The best thing about Cedarville is the Christian enviornment that is on campus. This enviornment is acheived by the way the students live, study and interact with one another. I feel that this is the best thing becuase this is what makes Cedarville unique from other schools.

College has been the biggest and most influential experience to play into my growth in life. Through coming into college and learning to fend for myself I was able to become an adult. When I began classes in my first semester of college I knew I would have to work towards finding a job. To support my monthly tuition fees I had to work through applying for an abundance of jobs hoping to reach my goal. After a few months of searching and a number of interviews I was hired as an employee at Baskin Robbins. I have been a customer service representative of 31 flavors for nearly a year and I have grown into my own. I am honored to communicate with all kinds of people and personalities during my day. I have learned so much from college and independence that I am no longer as shy and reserved as I use to be during high school. I have worked hard to reach these goals and the next step is to move to a four year university to continue on my journey for a bachelor’s degree. All the fears of growing up have been washed away with confidence.

Natalie

My school is best known for their high academic standards, passion for Jesus Christ and sports teams. The professor also are highly trained and require a lot of work to pass their courses. This is not a party school and most students are serious about getting a good education.

I have learned a lot for my classes and the experiences I have had here. I am currently a journalism major, and find that the professors encourage me to do my best and inspire me to do all that I can. I have also learned a lot from the chapel we attend and have gotten close to God throught my experiences there. My friends in the dorm are close and we can tell eachother about practically anything, especially when we need people to talk to. I also have my boyfriend who goes here as well, and I enjoy spending a lot of time with him as well. Going to Cedarville University is worthwhile.

I tell them about how many great academic programs there are, how you can make a lot of friends and how dedicated the school is to Christ. There are also lots of scholarship opportunities, great dorms and how the professors will try to help you as much as possible.

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.