Pittsburgh, PA
Duquesne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Duquesne University

John

friendly and a well rounded instutution.

friendly and a well rounded instutution.

I have learned to be myself at college. Theres a lot of people and you cant please them all so might as well be yourself and do what you love in everything you do. Ive just learned to relax and enjoy the ride while it lasts.

That not having a kitchen is not a fun experience.

I learned that responsibility deadlines and motivation are the most important during the college experience. To me it is very important to attend my classes not only for attendance but so i won't miss out on important information given during that day only. My motivation is what will guide me to finish what I have started, the outcome of the stuggles and difficult times is what I look forward to in my college experience.

Emiley

Duquesne University was unique compared to other schools because of the campus. Because it is located in the switch from downtown to uptown Pittsburgh one might expect an urban campus that is not private or secluded. However once you are on the campus you tend to forget that just a few steps away are the busy city streets. The campus is gorgeous and very spacious for being in the city. Also it is within walking distance of the Consol Energy Center for Penguins fans, downtown, and the Southside.

So far I have gotten so much out of my college experience. I have become much more independent and self-sufficient. I have learned that depending on other people, espeically for group work, is not the best idea so I always make sure to do my part. I have gained a greater appreciation for people who work and go to school full time because it is very challenging but builds character. I find that this has been a valuable experience because I have been able to do community service projects in the different commmunities of Pittsburgh with my student groups. People truly appreciate the smallests acts of kindness and I am learning more and more how important it is to give back. I realize now that not all people are able to attend college let alone get a high school diploma so I have learned that it is important to do my best with my schooling so that I can be the best nurse possible when I graduate in order to give back to the community.

A person that is not intimidated by competitiveness and looking their best at all times. Also because this is a Catholic University, someone that wants all Holy Days of Obligation off of school should come here. The person that should attend Duquense University needs to be happy and confident with themselves and their quality of work. Also a person should work well with others because a large focus of Duquesne's classes is group work. Overall a person that should attend Duquesne University should also be an active volunteer for some organization because Duquesne stresses the importance of community service.

Damian

They were wonderful, hardworking and cooperating with one another.

They were wonderful, hardworking and cooperating with one another.

Attending college has opened new opportunities in life for me. I was able to interact with students from over fifty different countries in the world. So, it was not just academic knowledge, I learned a lot about other people's culture. We can be different, yet we share the same basic needs as human beings. We want to be loved and also to love back and to be treated with respect. Today, I am a minister (a Pastor of a Church in the USA). We have people from various ethnic backgrounds. My college experience has helped me in relating to my congregation. I see goodnesss in each person and it is my respondibility to help nurture it. Moreover, I agree with the Indian Philosopher, Mahatma Ghandi, that we ought to be the change we want to see in the world. There a a lot of vulnerable youths in our Church. All they need is good mentors and encouragement to get ahead in life. I had such mentors growing up, especially in college. So I am actually giving back to society what I recieved . I want to pursue a graduate degree in social work.

The peaceful and serene atmosphere with excellent professors ready to help.

I have learned that time management is very important if you want to get the grades and reach your goal in life. It's not going to be easy and schoolwork take up most of your time if you're really putting some effort into it but if you have a goal in mind and you're willing to do anything possible to get it then putting in all of the work and time necessary will be worth it in the end. I've learned that attending Duquesne can lead to a lot of opportunities because people who know about Duquesne know just how prestigeous of a school it is and it is impressive to say I graduated from Duquesne University.

If you are someone who doesn't like being around people who are more privilaged than you are. African-Americans and people of the middle to lower middle class probably shouldn't go here because some of the social things here cost money that most college students don't have unless mom and dad are constantly sending you hundreds of dollars a week. It sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable to have to decline to do things with friends because I don't have the money to participate.

The most frustrating thing about Duquesne is that they expect you to know how much you owe to them and they put a hold on your account for registering until you have under 2,000 left to pay for the semester. It's very inconvient when it comes time to register because most students do not know that they still owe money or how much they even owe.

Jamara

I have learned more about the real world and what its like and its very valuable because you're there to learn and the more you learn the better you will be in the real world and you will know better how to handle yourself

Kathryn

It currently has a 5 year masters program for my major, Occupational Therapy, that is recommended from multiple schools.

I have struggled through a few of my classes in the beginning of the semester. With the help of the tutoring center and my academic advisor I got help and got my grades back up. I learned from this that it is important to seek out help when you are struggling or you will continue to struggle by yourself. Friends and teachers are the best support group and they will help you on the road to success. This will help me in life also because I know I will always have a support system when the times get tough and that no matter what someone is always there to help me out.

The masters program because it allows you to participate in shadowing Occupational Therapists while you are in the program and requires multiple field works in different fields of occupational therapy.

Jill

I am the first in my family to go to college, but i also worked hard to get there. I never graduated with my class of 2009 but I worked to get my GED which I did and what I've gotten out of my college experince is a lot of knowledge and the reason it has been valuable to attend is because i'm learning more and as I see my friends do nothing with their lives I know I'm the one with the better future.

Camille

As a doctoral student in instructional technology I have learned a lot about 21st century learning and technologies in K - 18 learning environments. It has been a valuable experience so far in that I am advancing my career allowing me to be more of a leader in educational technology. It has also provided me with the skills necessary to work with many other populations, publish articles relevant to the 21st century challenges in education and to present at conferences. I am also working on my principal's certification as Duquesne University is preparing me for a leadership position. I very much appreciate the valuable educational, technological and leadership skills that the programs have offered me thus far. Thank you for considering me for this scholarship.

Anyone that is interested in learning and being challenged should attend Duquesne University. It is a great place to learn.

Anyone that isn't interested in learning and being challenged shouldn't attend Duquesne University. It is a great place to learn.

Academially based with a lot of possible organizations you could join.

Academially based with a lot of possible organizations you could join.

A great education and the knowledge and experience to create a great future for myself and go onto law school to get a great career and future.

Probably the professors. They are very friendly and willing to help you in whatever way you need.

Duquesne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.