Pittsburgh, PA
Duquesne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Duquesne University

chelsie

We are in the downtown area of the city but at the same time we are separated from the general hustle and bustle because we are on top of a bluff. we get the best of both worlds.

Visit and spend time at the various colleges that you are considering. Do not go to a school for the wrong reasons. Make sure that it is the right institution for you because you will be potentially spending a whole lot of money there for the next 4+ years of life!

My classmates are outgoing, energetic individuals with large amounts of drive and ambition.

Go with your heart. If you visit a university that just "clicks" and "feels right", one that you're just drawn to, find a way to make it happen. Wether you have to work part time, eat Ramen noodles for weeks on end, fill out scholarships applications; do whatever it takes. Never settle for less when when an opportunity presents itself. College can be such a wondeful experience full of opportunities to enhance your future and bring out your potential. Unfortunately many people, myself included, lose sight of this in the midst of choosing a university or even after they've enrolled. As an individual, you have the right to be happy with your life, move forward, and enjoy your college experience. Never forget that. College is about YOU. It is about furthering your education and stepping into the adult world as a confident, experienced graduate. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. This is your time to be a little bit selfish.

The food services are closed at times when I want food.

Kristin

Many of my classmates are fun and outgoing people who I enjoy being around.

Many of my classmates are fun and outgoing people who I enjoy being around.

Don't simply pick a school based on whether you know people who are going there or not, or where your friends are going. Not a single person from my high school goes to Duquesne and I feel that that has made my experience here all the better. Not knowing a single person when I came her forced me to go out and meet new people and make new friends; some of who are now my best friends. Also, college is not just about going out and partying all the time, or staying in and studying all the time; it is a complete life experience. I can honestly say that it is probably the best experience I have ever had, I have learned so much and met so many amazing people and had many wonderful experiences here in the past three years. Try and meet as many people as you can, and learn from them and their experiences. Get involved! Make a difference, it only takes one person. Take time to really think about your decision of what school to go to, it will truly change your life.

Duquesne is a pretty small campus, it takes me only 5-6 minutes to walk completely from one end to the other. Also almost all of my classes have under 25 students which makes it much easier for asking questions and understanding the material.

Adrienne

The people I go to school with are very nice and goal-oriented. They are willing to help if needed. They are not all the same race or religion as I, but we get along in the environment that Duquesne provides to us.

When I chose to go to Duquesne, I chose it because of the size of the school. The classes were intimate and you could get the help when you needed it. I would have to feel bogged down by walking into a lecture hall that had 500 kids in it. I also enjoyed the fact that I would be continuing with my education at a Catholic college. I have attended Catholic school my entire life and it was important to me to continue to enhance my faith.

The advice I would give to people about college is to save up. It becomes extremely expensive especially when you can't get a loan to pay for it. Plan ahead and be smart with your money.

Marilyn

I feel bad saying this, but most of them are egotistical conservatives who come from a background of money - something I do not have which is why I can hardly pay for school.

Try to find something that will work for everyone. I love my school, but I just don't fit in with the background. I am a very strong person so I was able to adapt well, but not everyone can. Try to find a college that has people just like you!

The professors. They are all highly educated and have experience in the courses that they teach. This makes them a better teacher and influence on the students.

Simone

Very diverse and has unique degree programs.

Very diverse and has unique degree programs.

I would suggest that students take the time to think about what they would like to do and then make a decision on the right college. I am an adult student who took a long time and three schools begfore I figured it out.

Amy

Take a risk. Don't go to a school because your friends are doing it, your parents want you to, or you're too scared to go off on your own. Find a school that gets you excited and nervous. Find a school that will allow you to grow into yourself through meeting people, study abroad experiences, volunteering, etc. College should be one of the best times of your life. Don't shortchange yourself. Live it.

The best thing about my school is the many opportunities it provides to study abroad.

Matthew

Don't look at cost when deciding a college. If you do that you limit your choices of maybe finding that collge you really want to go to. Make sure you go visit as many as possible, and meet someone in your field of study. That way you can ask all the important questions that you want answered, and aren't suprised when you arrive on campus. Even ask if you can sit it on a few classes, or even stay at night. Decide which type of enviroment is you. Are you able to go to a big school where you are just a number to the faculty, or a small school where students, and faculty remember your faces and your name year after year. Do you want to go to a school in the city or one out in the country? Do you want need to go to a school that has a good Division I sports team, or if they have good activities to keep you busy on campus?

That the Internet wasn't as good as the y bragged about. That the student to teacher ratio can be misleading in some classes.

The campus parking is bad. Therea are very few spaces to park, and is too much anyhow. Also, the fact that we can't use our flex money on different off campus restaurants like Pitt students can do. Lastly, the dorms are terrible need updated, and are cramming students and running out of on campus housing fast. The internet speed is not good if you need to download or stream cast anything for class due to the band length.

Mary

It doesn't matter where you go, it's what you do with your time there that makes college what it is.

The Saftey and the community

Duquesne is in the middle of downtown pittsburgh but you wouldn't know it by being on ecampus, unless you were to look around at the amazing skyline. Duquesne does a good job of keeping the campus safe too. Also, for being a catholic school, they don't force any of the religion onto anyone, it actually makes it nice because we can talk about things that would be not PC in public schools And we have two starbucks.

Joelle

I really like Duquesne! It is the perfect size and I feel comfortable with my professors!

If you want a personal experience and a great education Duquesne is right for you!

The worst thing about my school would be the parking!

Duquesne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.