Greensboro, NC
Guilford College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Guilford College

Matthew

Guilford College is a place where students are encouraged to get involved and are given the opportunities to help them succeed in all that they do. Relationships with all of the faculty and staff members help provide a safe environment in which students are able to feel comfortable. Active encouragement from peers helps to create a spirit for trying new things. Competitiveness in the classroom and playing field is beneficial for creating a great place to grow and succeed. Overall, Guilford is great place to call home.

Quincy

Guilford is known for being open-minded and promoting diversity. It is quirky and creative. The academics are strong- students are encouraged to push the envelope, ask questions, and think critically. It upholds Quaker values, so all decision-making processes are inclusive of the group and peace is almost always maintained.

There are lots of things I would tell my high school self. Every experience I gain is something I wish I had experienced or known previously. However, what stands out most to me is that I wish I had enjoyed my life at that time more than I had. I would tell my high school self to “live in the moment and soak it all up. Relish in your freedom. Take every opportunity that comes your way, because you never know where it may lead.” I’ve noticed that as life goes on, it becomes harder and harder for me to stay present. I am working on changing that, but I think that this would be easier if I had cultivated that mindset as a younger person. I would urge myself to follow my intuition and be more flexible. (Then I would hope that advice would stick with me until now.)

The kind of person who should attend this school would be someone looking to gain a broader perspective of the world and have their viewpoints challenged. They would be someone who likes to learn for the sake of learning (preferably in a small-group environment). They should be someone who likes writing and thinking analytically and having "stoner discussions".

E'leyna

The most important piece of advice that I would give myself is: Do not be anxious, worried or afraid if you do not know exactly what it is that you want to do with your life. Don't rush or feel pressured into choosing a field of study. Chances are, you'll change your mind after a year. Live life, get involved with various activities, take different types of classes. Something will peak your interest and when it does, you'll know what it is you want to do. So don't stress, live each day with a positive outlook and get ready for an eye opening, awe inspiring 4 year journey!

Anyone who wants to be a part of a strong community and discover who they are and what they are interested in.

A person who doesn't like to engage themselves and see the world from various perspectives.

Kimberlee

If I could go back in time and talk to the person my high school self, I would tell myself to wait a little longer before I went to college. In going to college while my dad was sick was hard enough because I was away from my family. I wasn't able to concentrate on school like I should have so I feel if I stayed away from college longer then I would have been able to focus on it fully and appreciate it for all it was worth when I did go onto college. It is hard to keep your mind focused on your studies when they are focused on your family and them being in pain and hurting. You want to be there for them as much as possible and sometimes you aren't able to if you are away from them. So I would tell myself, to wait longer before attending college. Give myself that time with my dad before he passed away. Then go onto college and focus 100% on it.

Nuriya

I would tell my high school self to not stress as much, the transition process isn't at all what its ment out to be. Ecspecially at Guilford were they guided us very well in transitioning into college life. I also would worn myself about the freedom that you will endure when entering college. Your going to have to balance school work, a social life, and maybe even an on campus job. It begins to get overwhelming and difficult when you pile to much onto your plane. Learn to balance these three things by making choices that don't seem like much fun but will benefit you in the long run.

The worst thing about Guilford I would consider to be the divison of athletes and non-athletes. If you don't make an effort to branch out of your comfort zone and get to know different people youll be stuck. You will begin to witness the sepertion in the student body, but many students make an effort to branch out of this seperation and get to know differnt types of students.

I would say Guilford's best quality is it's diverse student body and Quacker values. I admire the fact that yet it is small but you can always meet someone new and learn something new about a culure. Along with the Quacker values that Guilford goes by, makes the community of the school that must stronger. Once you set foot on campus you can feel the community and you know its the place for you.

Jeffrey

Liberal but very accepting of other students' views.

Liberal but very accepting of other students' views.

It's liberal polital student activism,

Focus more on what I wanted to do when I got to college. I didn't have an immediate career goal when I entered college so if I were to go back to college I would want to have a better set of goals for achieving my career aspirations.

Justin

When I was a high school senior, I had my eyes set on a school in California. I knew that my parents could not afford to send me to a different state. Even the school I was accepted to and had my sights set on, which was in California, was too expensive. If I could go back and tell just one thing to myself as a high school senior, it would be to find any scholarships that I could and apply for them. The only reason I was unable to attend a great four-year university is because of my inability to pay for my education. Now that I have done much more extensive research into colleges, I have decided to attend college in North Carolina. I have been working and going to school full time so that I can try and save for college, but it doesn’t seem to be enough. All I want is to have to the ability to go to school without worrying about how much it’s going to cost. I wish I could have told myself to find and apply for more scholarships when I was in high school.

Deborah

Study harder, learn as much as you can about writng academic-level papers, pick tough classes whenever possible to prepare you for college courses. Enjoy your senior year as much as possible, because when you get to college, it's time to stop playing at education an dbe focused and serious about getting good grades and learning things that will help you get ahead in your search for the right job and your place in society.

Some who is ready to be SERIOUS about studying, willing to commit to long hours of writing papers and doing research, and happy with who they are. You shouldn't be willing to be mediocre at this school...they demand high-quality work from everyone!

I brag about my 3.85 GPA Because even though my classes are super tough, take a lot of hours at home, studying and preparing for classes, and force me to write a LOT of papers for each class, I've managed to attain a great GPA . They are very supportive of off-campus/adult students, with lots of options for getting help if you're struggling.

Carmisha

Guilford College is a breathe of fresh air, culturally diverse and family oriented.

Carmisha listen to me very carefully: college is not easy and it is going to take hard word and dedication. If you just stay focused and ask questions when needed and put forth the effort you will be an awesome success. I will always believe in you.

I don't have anything bad to say about my college.

Audrey

I would advice myself to learn to be patient. in college patience is a virture that turns out to be a valuable tool. one should be patient with themselves and everyone around them. time management is another thing to consider, try to prioritize my work and that will prevent me from procrastinating until the last minute.

The best thing about my school is the love and hospitality you recieve from the students and also the staff.

The most frustrating thing is when they put holds on ur account when you do not complete your balance payment and it hinders you from doing anything yet you can not afford to pay without scholarships because the school is very expensive.

Guilford College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.