You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Loras College

Abigail

I am excited to attend Loras this year in the fall. I have gotten to know the students and faulty so well already and it is amazing how sweet and kind everyone is. It makes me less scared and nervous to be somewhere different than home. I’m so excited to be a Duhawk this fall. No where else I’d rather be going.

JD

Wonderful school with great academic programs especially sports marketing. Great school for athletics with soccer being the focal point. I love the people and the friendly nature of the people and professors that are there to help you out all the time. They want you to be successful which you do not get at any big school because you are just seen as a number but at a small school you can be seen as a person and not just a number and a paycheck. That’s why Loras is a great college for anyone and has had a ton of success.

Loras College is a great place to attend school. I couldn't have asked for a better college experience. The curriculum and coursework was intellectually and culturally stimulating. Loras has a wonderful, warm and welcoming culture. Everyone is well taken care of, regardless of circumstances. Once a Duhawk, always a Duhawk!

Tyreke

I love it the staff and students are friendly and very helpful. The campus grounds were clean and home feeling. I can't wait to be part of the wonderful atmosphere that is given when you enter the campus. I have visited three times and each one made me feel welcome.

Madison

Loras works hard to help the students here to feel at home and comfortable. A big theme here is the idea of knowing that you are not alone and that you will always have someone to spend time and converse with. These ideas are solidified by the small class sizes and 'Launch.' a three-day series of activities that help you get to know your graduating class your freshman year.

Loras College is a great place to go for any student who is encountering life in the real world with a real job. Everyone at Loras is able to be accepted as themselves as well as accepting everyone else for what they are. There are many opportunities as well for students to prosper in their selected work-of-choice.

As my high school gradution date approached, I grew increasingly nervous about the transition into college. I was worried that I would not get along with the other girls on my floor, that I would not be involved in any activities, that I would never figure out my major, and that I would not make friends. If I could go back in time, I woud tell myself to not become so anxious about everything because it will all work out. I would tell myself to let everything flow naturally, because once college began everything would start to piece together and I would find myself being surrounded by people I would become very close with, and I would learn how to structure my life around everything so I know my priorities and I put them first.

That I should not be as stressed as I had been, and that I would be able to make new friends, meet amazing people, be invovled in activities, and also keep my grades up all fairly easily. I also wish I had known to not fuss over my future major, or my future career, because there will be plenty of time to figure that all out. I wish I had known that it would all work out.

Something that is very frustrating is having things conflict with each other. I will need to work, but I also have homework due or an important meeting to go to. It is sometimes difficult to get everything accomplished, but I manage to push through the problems and get everything done.

My classmates are a genuine and determined group of students, who are outgoing and dedicated to success.

Your life is about to change immensley. You are going to meet so many new people that will impact your life. Meet as many people as you can; they will welcome you. Be open to trying new things; get involved in as many campus groups and activities as you can. Don't forget to let those you love know how much you appreciate and care about them. Understand that there will be many changes happening in the next few years. These changes will all work out and be for the better in the end. You will be challenged in many aspects of your life while at college. Your education will be very different than you are used to, but it is to challenge and make you more globally aware. You will question your beliefs and values, which is a natural part of life. This will strengthen you and help you better understand yourself and your place in the world.

The most frustrating thing about my school for most students is class registration. With Loras being a smaller school, there are not an abundance of professors and classes. The numbers are limited to sign up for classes, especially when it comes to required courses. Many students get frustrated by this when it comes to registration time and worrying about graduating on time.

Sara

Loras is proud of its small, private, Catholic, and liberal arts foundation and setting and it is exactly that. In a matter of a year and a half, one is able to recognize and form relationships with students, faculty, and staff on-campus, creating a network of support for students.

I came into college with an undecided major and serious doubts about myself and my potential. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that, yes, college will be hard and stressful; however, it is also so rewarding and self-affirming. I've learned through the past year and a half to truly appreciate each new situation that I am faced with and try to find a take-away from it, but it has been a hard thing to do. Ultimately, I would tell myself to believe in myself, God, and the goodness of those supporting me.

At times I worry that becaues Loras does not have my exact major or program that it will hurt my chances at competing against students from other schools that did. However, I am taking this as a personal incentive to work harder to achieve what I want and I know that my professors and advisor are supporting me along the way.

Anna

My school's factuality and student relationships are very unique. The faculty do whatever they can to guide the students in the right field. Since the class sizes are small every student can get one on one time in with a professor.

Taking a Photoshop class is very important in my major, and I have always been interested in computer designing. The advice I would give to my former self in high school would be, take a Photoshop class! Not only would I enjoy it, but taking a Photoshop class in high school would have helped me decide my major earlier in my college career. Having more of my required classes for my major fulfilled I would of been able to experience a lifelong dream of studying abroad in Ireland. My dream will hopefully only have to wait another long two years. Deciding late on my major is my main fault in college. If only going back in time was an option.

Upon coming to Loras College I wish I knew what I wanted to major in. Since I was unaware of my major I had a late state on my required classes. I would of loved to study abroad, but my schedule does not fit that in.

Loras College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.