Parkville, MO
Park University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Park University

Jantz

Most are very friendly and fun to be around. I would like to know some better but it seems like a lot of people are we are friends in class kind of people. Which is fine.

When I was in High school I was intelligent kid that never really tried. If I had the opportunity to go back in time I would tell myself to try. I would have over a 3.5 GPA if I just tried my freshmen year. I was the kid that showed up to class and pay attention but never took any notes. When I’m in the past I would use money as an incentive to get me to try and tell myself you are in class you might as well take the notes. I have missed a couple of scholarships just because of my freshmen year of college just due to the fact I didn’t take notes or try. The abilities I have learned in the last two years have caused me to grow as person and as a student. If I would have started trying earlier I would have better GPA more scholarships and classes would become easier. I believe this simple explanation would adequate information to change my ways and the fact that it’s me talking to myself in the past wouldn’t hurt either.

Xioida

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would tell myself to stay focused and finish school. I would also tell myself to not let anyone or anything get you off track, other things may look better from the other side, but the grass is not always greener.

The only downside is that you have to take your final at a proctor, the community college I was attending let you take the final online, but I still love this school.

This school has everything that you need, online classes, classes on the campus, military friendly, and even fast track classes. I think that this is the school for everyone.

Amber

Makes you truly feel like you are part of the college community.

Makes you truly feel like you are part of the college community.

Diverse yet connected ethnically, culturally, academically, and compasionatley.

If it were not against the known laws of physics and I could go back in time and communicate with myself at approximately my senior year of high school I would probably have many things to say regarding my acquired knowledge and experience of the college life but the most important advise I could give myself on the subject would be to never doubt myself. Going into college I did not privilege myself with confidence in my academic capabilities because I was afraid that I would never be good enough or that I wouldn’t be able to try hard enough and thus I would fail. I’ve learned that college isn’t that scary unless you make it that way; if you want to succeed you’ll find the will to do it. Times spent in fear of failure is time wasted when you could be doing your best as a student and enjoying the overall college experience. So if given the opportunity I’d look into my eyes and say “Self, I can’t say you will succeed in all your endeavors but the potential to do so is within you if only you can overcome your doubt”.

Naomi

Don't worry about drama, or your friends, or your boyfriends. Boys are not the focus of your life, and they shouldn't be. Worry about yourself, your schooling, and being happy. Do what makes you happy, don't do what makes others happy. Never be afraid to question everything, and always think for yourself.

Theresa

Take advantage of the fact that you can take college classes and get both college and high school credit. Spend more time focusing on school and saving your money to help pay for school rather than pay someone else's bills. Follow the advice of your parents and accept their assistance. Sometimes it shows that you are stronger when you ask for help than trying to do it on your own.

I am able to earn my degree completely online but also have the option to take in-person classes if I need to also.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I have to take proctored exams, and many times they schedule my finals for the exact same date and time. It is hard to take 2 finals at once.

Evelyn

Knowining what I know now about college and life, I would of told myself to not to go into the Active Duty Army. Instead, I should of joined the Army Reserve and continued my college education. Another major thing I would of done different is statring a family at 20 years old. Now that I'm finally back in school, it's even tougher with two kids under the age of 4. I have a daycare expense that is close to a house payment. It also makes me feel guilty that instead of spending time with my children, I'm on my desk doing homework. Having a career before a family would of been the right thing to do.

Gina

Park University is best known for its accessibility to military members as it has campuses nationwide at military bases.

Dear Self, Sit back and relax. Enjoy the process of each class and do not think too far ahead in career or life planning. You want to be a teacher? Just be one. Do not think about all the possible obstacles because you'll think yourself into not following through. Also, read your assignments. You have a gift of critical thinking and if you don't read, you will never realize this. Do not buy Cliffnotes! These are other peoples' interpretations of the text and trust me--you'll have your own interpretations. But you have to do the work to reap the rewards. Oh and definitely keep developing your writing skills (especially in poetry). Ever thought about writing memoir?? Look into it. And last but not least, keep smiling. You'll get there so enjoy the process.

While the professors are professionals in the field, they are not really academics. I prefer research-minded and innovative-type professors.

I would choose to not give my high school self any advice. I think that the challenges I overcame during the high school to college transition have made me stronger. I am 100% satisfied with the choices I have made feel that I am living the life that was intended for me. I could not imagine my life being any better by making different decisions. My experiences at Park University have truely enhanced my life and given me a drive to achieve my dream of being a teacher.

I love how small the classes are at Park University. The professors are able to learn everyone's name in a timely manner and really show that they care about the success of students.

Anyone who does not want to get lost in the mix should attend Park University. Those people who are career oriented and motivated should attend Park. The professors care about students doing well and challenge them to open their minds to new ideas.

Tara

I have gained skills and tools to use in the classroom to add to the fourteen years experience I already have. The changing of the educational system and educational technology has been drastic over recent years and the knowledge I have attained in continuing my education will enable me to be a better teacher. The value of knowledge and additional skills will be the greatest benefit to my seeking my Bachelor's of Science Degree because I will be well prepared to serve students with Special Needs and their families to attain the complete education they deserve. I am personally fulfilled by helping student and their families become successful through their schooling process and it is my dream to be able to serve them by furthering my education. The more I learn and aquire resources and tools, the greater service I will be to students, families, and the community.

Most of the teachers have had first hand experience in the field that they are teaching which is extremely helpful becuase they are able to provide first hand experience answers to questions and are also able to teach students what they actually need to know and would be able to apply in their own working years.

From my college experience I have gained a larger sense of accomplishment and responsibility to myself and the world. As a Social Work Major I have taken many courses that have taught me to look more broadly at the whole situations versus the specific incidences that have happened and through this ability of looking "outside the box" I have advanced in my people skills and strive for an even harder work ethic. Also from the former and current social workers who are teachers as well I have gained a sense of duty to my community because they have provided me a way to relate to everyone and see that circumstances can change anyone's life. School has taught me that gaining a degree is important to getting in to a desired work field but personal repsonsibility and desire is what keeps a person within that field and both are necessary to achieve in life.

Some of the teachers are not as dedicated to their teaching as would be expected. Due to their lack of enthusiasm it is a bit difficult to stay attentive and focused. These few teachers also are not prompt in grading which is frustrating as a student because it is helpful to be able to track your grade and see the progress made. I had a teacher last semester who didn't grade any of our numerous assignments until the very last week of semester.

Park University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.