Parkville, MO
Park University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Park University

Keep yourself focused on what you want to do later in life. It will help you get through the hard times when you feel like giving up. College is difficult, but if you study and stay focused you will be rewarded when you are done. Don't take your high school or college experience for granted. Both are great opportunities that not everyone gets. Don't stop believing in yourself. It will all work out in the end.

Someone who is willing to work hard and dedicated themselves to their education

Someone who just wants to say they went to college

Abdel

The only advice i will give myself is to choose my school based on my degree.

The only advice i will give myself is to choose my school based on my degree.

I looked at my degree audit and knew the classes that i needed. And also to apply for financial aid

The class advising. Because the reason i'm still in undergrad after 29 years old is because i was advise to take upper division classes while i needed to take the perequisites first

Edmund

My 7 pieces of advice 1.Major in Engineering or another technical degree 2.Enter into an agreement with the federal government or military to cover all my college expenses and provide a monthly stipend in exchange for a job after I graduate. 3.Complete a Masters before going into the workforce. It?s hard to go back and it?s even harder as a part0time student with a wife and a family. 4.Take advantage of study abroad opportunities and learn an ?in-demand? language 5.Get involved. Participate in clubs and activities to increase networking pool and gain knowledge and improve public speaking presence. 6.Stay away from the alcohol. 7.Make a schedule and stay on schedule.

The flexibility in course develivery and class schedules. I had a plan to complete college in 3 years and that plan greatly depended on taking the right classes at the right time no matter the semester. Park University delivered.

Erynne

Its small and very ethnically diverse.

Its small and very ethnically diverse.

Find a college that makes you feel comfortable. That makes you feel at home, that may not be where your friends are but dont worry making new friends really isnt as hard as you would think. Also having a college that has small class sizes might seem dumb but trust me youll appriciate in the future.

Someone who likes small class sizes and professors that really care. Someone who isnt looking for a party school or a football school but a soccer and volleyball school. Someone who is looking for a very ehtnically diverse campus.

BRANDI

When an individual is considering going to college there is so much they must look into before settling. The first thing that should be looked at is the schools accreditation. A parent or student should make sure that the school has excellent accreditation for all their programs. The next thing one must make sure that they are going to study a subject that makes them happy and that whatever school they are considering offers that degree program. Also one should look into the schools activities if they are interested in sports or club organizations. No one should go to school without being sure of what they want to do or they will be in school longer than they hoped for. Another thing to consider is the location. The student and/or parent should decide how far away they would like to go to school. The last thing is the choice of the school should be the students. The student should choose a school that they want to attend. If the final choice is not the student?s then there is a possibility of unhappiness and failure.

The best thing about my school is the Dual Bachelor Program. At this time I am currently getting a BS in Healthcare Management and Human Resource Management. The general courses I finish in one degree transfer to the other. The only thing I have to worry about is finish my core requirements for the second degree. Come May 2011 I will have an Associates of Science and TWO Bachelors of Science degrees.

I brag mostly about the programs. Because I am an online student I noticed many schools either do not offer courses when you want to take them or they don't offer your field of study at all. I brag to my friends who are at those schools to check my school out because no matter what term you take your classes, the classes you want are always available.

It is important to decide all of your options before selecting the right school for you. The problem though with even doing that you may end up changing schools before you finish your degree and/or changing your intended major multiple times. It's ok not to have everything figured out right away. In fact, it's probably better that if you don't know what you want to do to start out with a liberal education that allows to take classes that interest you so that you can better be prepared to make the right decision rather than finding out later that you made the wrong one and wasted all the money trying to get there.

The undergraduate school that I attended offered online and weekend classes for working adults to complete their degrees. Classes were small and it was easy to build a relationship with other students because they were in the same classes you were. My graduate chiropractic school that I am currently is very diverse and allows views and opinions to be expressed while allowing students to mold themselves into soon to be doctors. I feel challenged every single day, which makes the experience all the more worth while.

I wish I had known that Park University for my undergraduate school was easier than most schools, because I may have selected differently. I really didn't feel like I learned as much as I could while I was there because the classes just seemed too easy.

Jeff

Park University is best known for the small campus and classes that are very accomodating to the students. It is also known for being located in a small town called Parkville, which is just about 10 minutes from downtown Kansas City.

I would say that to find the right college, you must go to the school you plan on attending. Look at as many schools as you can because finding the right academic program that suits what your career might be is very important. Do not be lazy when looking for a college. Go out there and find out exactly what that college has to offer you both socially as well as academically. And most importantly, have fun while looking for your college. You will find that it will be easier to make your decision if you are not stressed out while doing so.

I do not like the hills that surround the campus, especially during the winter.

Beth

Small classes (no more than 30 people to a class.) Friendly faculty and staff that always have the students in mind (especially the student life and housing staff.) Small campus size so you're not another number, but a person. Also, Park also tends to hire professors that have actually worked in the fields they're teaching. So, your professors didn't just get an advanced degree in your subject, but they've also worked in the area and know their stuff. My broadcasting professor actually worked several years on the radio, for example.

Find a college that fits you - not your friends, not your family... you. Also, I suggest a small university. There, you can get more opportunities than you might at a larger university.

Many students who come to Park tend to be apathetic to the college experience they COULD be receiving. Many students don't take advantage of events on campus and various other activities. It is easy to make friends, though, and it's easy to get involved in doing those on-campus activities if that's what you're looking for. Also, the student assistance center is sometimes not very put together... but they eventually get things right.

Mary

One basic tip for all students is to learn how to read thier own degree audit. Do not take for granted that the advisor will always make the right choices. Know what is expected and what classes are offered. There are too many circumstances when students think that they are close to graduation only to find that they have missed a requirement or two. This can be completely avoided by knowing exactly what the degree audit means. Plus, some schools only offer certain courses at certain times. If these are required courses, the student needs to know when they have to enroll in the offered class. Some students miss the deadlines and find that they have to stay in the school longer then expected to take the required course work.

The professors are the best things about the school. I feel close to them and can learn from them as well as joke with them. It takes a certain type of person that can be so close to their students. When I graduate next spring, I will truly miss them.

All of the professors are approachable. They are friendly and helpful beyond what they need to be. I feel as if some are them are friends. I know that I can come to any of them for advice or help. They are honest and have integrity. They are the reason that it is such a wonderful school.

Bryan

My classmates are extremely helpful and have little problems interacting with our teachers.

Park University gives students the small town atmosphere of Parkville with the large city surrounding it. The eduaction is first rate, but you don't have to worry about being lost in a large auditorium class. My largest class was maybe 40 people.

I would say to the students, don't listen to your parents. If you want to go somewhere specific don't take no for an answer. There are many ways to get financial aid and scholarships. And to parents I would say don't be so worried about the financial aspects of college. Finances should not limit where your child wants to go to school anymore.

Park University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.