Chicago, IL
Roosevelt University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Roosevelt University

Maria Teresa Angelica

You are blessed with good health -- just that should already be a motivation for you to work harder, aim higher. Do not take money, time, and most especially, your education for granted. You may think that you are young and have all the time in the world that you put off the important things like college. You may have gotten a job right now that enables you to earn money and help support your family at their time of need. But do not use this as an excuse to settle and be complacent. You can do so much more! You have the means to both work and go to school FULLTIME. You have so much potential in you as it has been reflected by your work. Don't waste it. You can serve your family and community much better if you just get the education that you need. Remember, always think long term. Learn to prioritize your goals and envision yourself in the future. Think of all your talents and abilities that you would've wasted if you don't capitalize them right now. Just do your best that you don't end up dwelling in what might have been.

Just based on what I have seen so far with Roosevelt starting from the time I applied, they are very hands-on and accommodating to the students. They consistently check up on you and follow up regarding your enrollment, registration, and other school needs or inquiries. They make themselves available to you based on your own comfort and convenience and they constantly send you reminders and any additional information that you might need in order to have a good experience in this school.

The only thing I am a little worried about is the availability of classes. Some classes would only have one schedule available which doesn't always fit in with the rest of the class schedules you've already made.

Gregory

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell him to be on top of everything. Don't just sit around and wait for things to come to me. I should take initiative and do things on my own. Also, to talk to my professor(s) if I have any issues with my courses. That is what they are there for. Finally, don't wait till the last minute to get help because then it will be too late.

I would say that it's really expensive. The education is worth it, but it's just too expensive. Also, the fact that they talk about social justice. I haven't seen anything around the university that shows social justice. I'm not saying that it's not there, I just haven't seen or experienced it.

I really can't answer that because Roosevelt is a diverse school. So, I really can't say who can and can't attend the institution.

kyle

Study harder and focus more on homewok. It is important to be at the top of your class to receive scholarships and grants.

The location. Chicago is the greatest city and it is awesome walking around campus.

I wish I had known more about scholarships and where to find them.

Michele

If I can go back in time I would tell myself to study even more and pay attention to the classes that I used to have. Also I would tell myself to apply on time instead of leaving everything to the last minute because that would only make things worse for me and the whole process would only slow me down. I would tell myself to seek for advice because college life is hard only if you do not have the right information at hand since I would always think I didn't need the help at all. College life for me at this moment is going pretty well because I have the right counselors that are guiding me at the right track. I wish I could have done this way back, instead of going back and forth, and trying to do everything on my own. I would change so many things in regards to college life and I would have tried to seek a lot of advice this is why I am planning to teach my baby sister everything that I now know so that she will not make the same mistakes that I have done.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is really looking forward to actually graduate and be successful in life. Also as well as both of these things that I have already mentioned the person has to be smart enough and take advantage to all of the help that they have to offer at Roosevelt University. They have so many resources that can help them out with their classes so they can pass it with an "A" and the he or she should be prepared for the classes that they might have.

I brag a lot about my school because it has so many things. The library that the school has it has so much information that it can maybe even help the person finish their homework fast and prepare them for the final exam. Also the places where you can go out and study is amazing it has a wonderful view and the people there are ready to help. Another thing is that my school have amazing labs who ever is planning to get in the medical field this is a great place to actually prepare for it.

Allyssa

Before you select a school explore somemore of your options. Find time during the summer and go to the school you are looking at not just guessing that it would be awesome.

I did not know that there was nothing around my school. It was just in the middle of nowhere.

The teachers were frustrating to me and the assignments were just confusing and sometimes I thought the teacher didn't know what he was doing

Fatima

I would tell myself not to fear the future and what is to come as much as I did because it all works out for the best and, for the most part, will give me experiences that I never thought was possible for me to have--ever. Moreover, I would like to tell myself that college ends up being a lot more beneficial than I could ever imagine because I'll be able to discover myself and enjoy that time discovering myself more than I ever had the experience to realize before/during highschool. Highschool definitely is not the end and is just a stepping stone for what is to come. I would also like to tell myself not to be afraid of things not working out they way I wanted them to and the fear of hitting rock bottom--a place that I had never been before--because getting back up and rediscovering who I was, am and who I'm aiming to be in the future, is the most satisfactory and awesome experience I will ever have because it will make me feel more knowledgable and more accomplished than what I had ever thought for myself.

I like that it's really clean, that my advisor is really helpful, and that there is a focus on social justice and environmental/green living. Most of the professors are really helpful, encouraging and help make one's experience more memorable and likeable. The students are very career-oriented, which was a nice change from the commuity college I transferred in from, as it felt more like a party school. Although the coursework often times seems unbearable especially near the end of the semester, I wouldn't change it, because I've learned and accomplished a lot through it.

ENLIN

It's a school provides helps for those who deserves it. I'd change some teachers who I don't think are qualified for the subjects and are not enthusiastic in teaching. It's a school with just right size. People don't know this school exist. Library. The administration is not clear in their policies. there's not a lot of school pride. nothing is unusual about the school. one of the teachers told me "you don't need to know how to do this problem to pass the class" when I asked something deeper than the textbook.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

The passing percentage of actuary exams at Roosevelt university is pretty high.

I'm an actuarial science major so you can imagine I'm a member of math club. Math club is fun, you don't necessary have to be good at math in order to join the club. Whatever club you join there'll always meet friends event and that means free pizza and free drinks!!!! School SGA holds events weekly and those events going to bowling, museum, .... Etc free to join and you can find out from school weekly emails.

Most student dress casual for going to school and most of them are from the state of Illinois. There are international students here and they usually travel in groups! You'll see student hanging out at it common rooms, where there are couches and tables with great view facing the lake sync millinium park. Most students are friendly and are very willing to help if you need. You'll see many students discussing casework and fling group projects together quite often at the campus.

My teachers know my name! My favorite class was computer science I and least favorite was probability Students in both of these classes study all the time. Students are not competitive in all the departments. My major is actuarial science and some of the teacher have been great help but some of the teachers are not really willing to give extra time outside the class for answering questions.

Jeffrey

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would tell myself to be prepared for the worst. A lot has happened in the past nine months that have shaped me into an almost completly different person than I was. My sister, Amy, began to suffer from deep depression and almost commited suicide. I would also mention how bad money issues have gotten. Being able to tell myself about the future would've helped me prepare for the craziness that I've experienced. Craziness through my family and through the truely fearful cost of college tuition when you have no money. These events have made me a better person though. Things have gotten better, and they've given me a new appreciation for the things I have. I would also say to take more science/technical classes. As an economics/pre-med student I'll be taking a lot of them.

Avery

Don't bother applying to those state schools or schools with the stereotypical "college campus". You are a city girl. You belong in a big city. There's always new friends to be made and things to do. Be on the cross country team in the fall of freshman year, but don't do track. Don't take physics with Dr. White, because he's an awful professor. Join Alpha Phi Omega your freshman year, it's a blast.

The financial aid office is the biggest pain. Ever.

If you don't like big cities you shouldn't go here. Or if you don't like the cold.

Scarlett

Roosevelt University is extremely liberal. There is a wide variety of students such as music students, hipsters, jocks, LGTBQ, and preppy students. There is a little bit of everything at Roosevelt which makes it special. Roosevelt is a small school in a big city. Which is great because it allows you and your teachers to bond while still being able to surround your self with tons of other college students. Roosevelt is different in the sense that there is no campus. There are a few buildings that make up Roosevelt University, and there is a new building which everyone is calling it the "Vertical Campus". It will be the second tallest University building in the United States. I however, like to tell people that the city of Chicago is my campus because with museum campus and the Art Institute Museum so close, your learning is not just at school. I love my school and I would never go anywhere else.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

The liberal atmosphere, and all my teachers remember my name yet I am surrounded by students made it perfect.

Roosevelt is a pretty social place, there are many lectures for example recently they had a series of lectures on wrongful convictions. The main sports team we have is basketball although sports are not super popular at Roosevelt. There are many organizations such as LGTBQ and Occupy. There is a huge performing arts part of school and so there are many concerts, musicals, and plays offered. I am personally involved in the Criminal Justice Society because Criminal Justice is my major. The dating scene is interesting because there are so many LGTBQ students. If you are not part of that group then many students either date other Roosevelt students or from other colleges that are close by like Columbia, Depaul and Robert Morris. Many Roosevelt Students are friends with other students from other colleges. My closest friends I met last year just through my classes, but I have a lot of friends that go to nearby schools. Often times you meet people through off campus parties which are a blast. As far as fraternities/ sororities are different here they are often directed towards bettering the community and are not as popular as the college town ones would be. Most kids such as myself go to the museums, shop, and travel to different parts of the city. Roosevelt is a great experience.

There are many LGTBQ (Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Bisexual, Queer) students at my school. There is even a transgendered bathroom. Roosevelt really goes out of their way to make everyone feel comfortable. There are students of al racial/ ethnic backgrounds which brings different cultures into Roosevelt. There is also people from all economic backgrounds. The only students that may feel uncomfortable at Roosevelt are small town kids who are not used to a big city with all different types of cultures. I personally am friends with everyone, and for the most part that is how Roosevelt is. Everyone talks to everyone its not weird for the most part we all get along. Many students are focused on being politically active. Roosevelt is a social justice school and often holds talk about changes that need to be made within are government. The school is very liberal and most students are politically active. There is a huge mixture of students at Roosevelt.

There are not to many stereotypes at my school. There are a few jocks, but it is not a sports school. The two stereotypes are probably jocks and everyone else, but even the jocks will sometimes break away from their team members and talk to the non-jocks.

Roosevelt University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.