Chicago, IL
Roosevelt University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Roosevelt University

Erica

I think that I would tell myself that no matter what, pick a plan and stick with it. When I was younger I was trying to prove to people that I didn't need school to be successful. I shouldn't have stayed out of school for so long because it is what I was excpected of me. I guess that is what happens when your a head strong teenager and fight with anyone. I would also tell myself to listen to you heart and go because ultimatly, its for you anyway. The last thing that I would tell myself is that there is no sure things in life. Your life takes roads to other things all the time. I was suppose to be training as a musican. I have found another passion in my life that forfills me more then even music did. So, keep your eyes open for other things. It might just change your life!

The people and staff are extreamly nice and seem to want to help their students succeed while at the university. I have not even attended a single class yet and I have never felt more welcomed in a place every. I know that I am going to succeed at Roosevelt and finally get my degree.

This is the first semester that I am going to Roosevelt University. I have not run into anything with the staff there. I think the most frustrating thing is the scheduling and travel time between my work and school. I have to run from school and then to work and school again and it has to be done on the bus. Right now, that is the most frustrating thing.

Alma

If I could back in time to my senior year in high school I would fill out more scholarship and grant applications. I never thought I wouldn't finish college with the rest of my friends. I was one of the many colllege students who failed to finish school due to payment. I entered my college career with a few scholarships and grants but not enough to complete my college career. I don't have many regrets in life but that is one of them. I am almost 30 years old and know if I don't move foward with and take the time to do what I didn't do then now I will not fullfill my dream of becoming a teacher.

My school is a private school, the cost can be an issue.

My school is downtown Chicago, I always brag about the views that I will see when I am studying. I also brag about the ease it has been to be a transfer student.

Karlyn

College is nothing like high school! You have to really study and apply yourself to your work. Don't take a completly full load your first semester in college. Take four classes at the most and give yourself time to adjust to college life. Also, don't start taking any courses that are specific to one major until after you have at least half of your general education credits completed. This is to save time and money. If you go into college thinking you know exactly what direction you want to head in be prepared to change your mind half a dozen times. Take time to explore the different options that are available, this is best done by taking a good variety of general education classes. Don't waste time and money on classes that will not advance you toward your degree. Be smart, talk to an advisor and take a career assessment test.

The location of the campuses is great. The main campus is downtown on Michigan Ave and there is also a campus in Schaumburg that is very close to my home. These two very different locations are good for a variety of students and there is something for everyone on or near both campuses.

Because it is a smaller private university there are not a lot of different sections offered for each class. Many of the classes are only offered once a year. This is frustrating for me because I am trying to complete my degree in the shortest amount of time possible, but because of the limited class offerings I have had to extend my time at Roosevelt.

Michelle

If I could go back and talk to my-high school-senior-self, I would say, "Be absolutely certain of what you want to do w/ your life BEFORE you enter a college or university." I wanted to take a year off from institutional education. It may be cliche, but I wanted to travel through Europe. However, my mother thought I was crazy and insisted I attend college. But if I would've been faithful to my original plans, I wouldn't have waisted my time at a school which didn't make me happy. Today, my life-goals have changed. It has always been thought that college is a place where you can figure out what you want to do in life; this way of thinking is a problem. I think that by enrolling "aimlessly," one takes space/funds from those who ALREADY know what they want, but can't attain it because their place may have been taken by someone less serious. Today, funds for education is a major issue. Education is a priviledge that shouldn't be squandered.

Darla

It is a school that provides a fresh outlook within a classic historical setting.

I would tell myself to take a deep breath and go slowly. Nothing worth having in life comes easy, so plan on hard work and time management skills. Many valuable hours can be wasted worrying about what needs to be done instead of just getting it done. Do not spend so much time worrying about what happens at the end of the four years spent in college. Take time to enjoy the activities and the relationships that are going to be formed throughout those years, but make time for yourself and for the things that are priorities...studies, family, spirituality, friends, health.

The diversity offered, in the student body, in the surrounding area, and in the classes.

Stephen

Take it serious. Don't let people stand between you and your future. You always know what's best for you, deep down inside, and if you stick to that and see it through you can never go wrong. It's ok to help yourself every once in a while, just don't forget where you came from and don't forget where you want to be. Life is so precious and short, it's important to make every minute count, and never forget that things can change in the blink of an eye. Don't be afraid to relax and enjoy the changes, embrace them and you may never know what opportunities could come. College is about making connections and starting out on the right foot in the real world, so make it count. You never know how much you might miss if you don't enjoy the moments while they last. And above all else, remember that it's ok to ask for help. It's ok to reach out when times are hard, no matter how frightening it might be. Being alone is far scarier.

Kristina

The community college I attend is a great spot for diversity. Not just diversity between culutres but there are four different colleges now affiliated with TCC so that students have the option of which college suits them best. This also allows some students to get their four year degree without having to transfer to a university. Some students are not able to cope with huge classes and campuses and this arrangement is perfect for them as well as other students who adjust to TCC and don't wish to leave their comfort zone.

Right after graduation, I thought I was in love with this boy. I got kicked out of the house because of it and started skipping classes depending on how our relationship was doing at the time. I would love to be able to go back and tell myself that no boy nor any person is worth messing up and potentially ruining your education and future. If I would have listened to reasona nd my parents my grades would not have suffered and I would have been able to stay home, maintain a stable life and save 1,000's of dollars that are now gone for good over a nobody.

I attend a community college in Tallahassee and expected the same atmosphere I would find at a normal four year institute. Through the past few years, the college has diminished despite the schools best efforts to provide a mature and comfortable learning environment. It has become nearly impossible for me to walk through campus without being harrassed or find a quiet place to study. All of the study areas are over croweded with loud, ignorant people with complete lack of common curtasy. This is very discouraging to me, it makes me not eager to attend classes or ask for help.

kyndra

If I know then what i know now, I woud have not tried so hard to impress people. I don't have any friends at school. It seemedlike the harder I tried to be "freindly" the more people didnot like me. I should have just been myself. I am a very qiuet person. trying to be talktaive and out going made me be annoying to be around. I'm glade it's a new year. I can start over and just be myself. I have learned to deal with being alone. I'm not in school to have freinds. I am in schoo to learn how to be a successful writer. Writing makes me happpy.

I brag about the great programs at my school that hep me succeed. One program is called project prime. They help alot by offering free printing, loaning onefree book per semster, and giving free workshops that give great advice onhow to succeed in school.

Kelsey

My classmates are always welcoming to new students, helpful when trying to find my way around, and always there to give advice when it comes to classes, student activities, and outside resources, such as good restaurants, clubs, and places to buy my books for the cheapest price.

College is full of new things. The biggest piece of advice I would give myself would be to visit as many colleges as possible. As a senior in high school decided to only visit one college, which is the one I attend now. I do not regret my decision but I think I should have looked at other colleges. Another piece of advice would be to enjoy my free time with my friends. I did have my fair share of fun with my friends in high school but never really believed that people change as much as they do. After my first semester I already see the changes occuring. I still communicate with my friends back home, but we are not nearly as close as we were, which is somewhat disheartening. The final piece of advice I would give myself would be to stay focused on school while in school. I think I did a fairly good job of staying focused in high school but I would repeat this idea to myself. Your education does matter, and some of the things I learned in class in high school have helped me alot in college.

I mostly brag about living in the middle of the city. There is always something to do and I am never bored. I also brag about small class sizes. The small classes make it easy for me to communicate with my professors, while most of my friends must communicate with teacher's assistants and can rarely get direct advice from their professors.

Taryn

If i could back in time and talk to myself as a high school senoir i would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible because I'm know now that college is extremely expensive and i wish that i could applied for many more. The free money that is out there could of really helped me pay for college and it still can. I would also tell myself to earn a higher GPA because that also would of helped me earn more scholarships.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Roosevelt is the kind of person that's lazy, doesn't have much work ethic, who is not used to a stringent curriculum, and someone that doesn't have the best grades unfortunately.

What i brag about most about my school is the campus life, the nice students, and the great programs that are offered for the major you chse.oos

Roosevelt University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.