Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Charles

If I could go back and give myself advice, I would stress the importance of time management. I would tell myself to work hard when it was time to work, pray hard when it was time to pray, play hard when there was time to play, and just enjoy being in college. College could have been so much more enjoyable and productive if I would have managed my time more efficiently. Due to not working hard enough as an underclassman, I am now having to work really hard to get my GPA back to where I want it for law school. I also wish I was not as stressed and busy now, so I could enjoy my last couple semesters of college. Coming out of high school, I was so excited to just be in college, but I forgot that I was here for a reason and there was still a task at hand. Since I have been in college I have lived with the motto, ?Learn from your mistakes? and I wish I could have changed that motto to ?Yesterday?s history is tomorrow?s mystery...so live in the moment.?

The most frustrating thing about this school is pressure put on students about joining sororities and fraternities. The problem is that there aren't enough fraternities or sororities to choose from. Once you join a fraternity or a sorority, you are labeled as a certain kind of person depending on which one that you join.

Kelsie

One thing that is unique about my school is the size. Spring Hill is a small school compared to others i visited, but I like that. Also, since the school is small, it makes the classroom size smaller. This is good because it gives students more one on one with their teachers. Everyone knows everyone. It just makes the enviornment friendly. Also the landscape makes us unique. Spring Hill keeps the campus so clean its unreal. They are also very focused on "going green" and tries to get the entire campus involved.

If I could go back to high school i'd give myself so many tips. First, I would remind myself to get involved with things. Being involved with this makes the college experience better and you meet more people. Also, I'd advise myself to use my teachers office hours. There is no better help that you can get then a one on one session with them. They are there to help me. Next, I'd tell myself to manage my time. Using a planner pretty much becomes my life support. Write every single thing in there. Everything from finals, homework, test, and appointments. Also, I'd tell myself don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone. Don't be afraid to talk to people and ask questions. The only stupid question is the one not asked. Lastly, I'd remind myself don't lose contact with your friends back at home. Sometimes when your down, there is no better thing to do then talk to someone who knows you best. If I was aware of all these things my transition would go well.

Nothing at my school really frustrates me, so if I had to think for something I'd have to say the dorm maids. I don't think they clean very well because our showers are extremely nasty. On the weekends we always run out of paper towels, toilet paper, and soap. At the beinning of the year the bathrooms were kept so nice, but the deeper into the year we are getting the worse they are.

Jenny

If I could go back in time and give myself a bit of information, it would probably be how to make a time machine! You need to get on those kind of things early, you know? But in all seriousness, I would try to convince myself of how important filling out scholarships is; even the small ones! What I, and every potential college student, need to know is that EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS. Yeah, filling out scholarship after scholarship is hard, and tedious, and boring, but it is important! This is your future. Where I wouldn't let myself go wrong, would be getting to caught up in everything else in graduation life. All of the hanging with, soon leaving, friends and workingworkingworking to make money for that fast approaching college, and its' subsequent looming debt. Just focus on what is going to make your first year easy, and not be distressed and distracted by those horrible money thoughts.

Most of the schools I looked at were small and probably half were private, which coincide with Spring Hill. Spring Hill is unique in its living quarters. I live in a "pod" consisting of six dorm rooms on one floor with a connecting common room. Three rooms of two girls are on either side of the common room, and the six girls share two bathrooms.

There have been many points in my life which I've wished to obtain the ability to go back in time. If I had this ability to travel to the past and visit myself as a high school senior, there are two important pieces of advice I would give myself. This is aside from the obvious advice such as, "enjoy mom's cooking while you can." I would most definitely tell myself to form better study habits during my senior year. While high school was easy for me, I should have taken this opportunity to practice studying. Also, I should have made better grades in my AP and dual-enrollment classes in order to start off better regarding college grades. If I could go back and warn myself of all the heavy reading and writing assignments, I might be enthusiastic enough to scare myself away from college! The other peice of advice would be to remember whats really important to me. It's so easy to get caught up in the college life and what people are you are doing. Don't lose sight of why you came to higher education. Improve yourself, not just your social life.

I wish I would have known to read the text book before every quiz, no matter how many notes I took in lecture.

Meagan

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to work harder. In college, being a good student in high school is a must. I would need to study harder and deicate more of my time to my community and serving others. I would also tell myself to not sweat the small stuff like high school drama or guys, in the long run they really don't matter as much as my education or my dedication to helping others.

The kind of person that should attend this school would be a person who is dedicated to learning and understanding and someone who spends time volunteering in thier community. We are all determined students at Spring Hill College and dedicate our time in servic to our community.

Someone who should not attend this school is someone who is not dedicated to thier education and does not get involved with thier community.

My school is best know for being one of the top 15 colleges in the South. This is amazing because it shows the effort that I put into studying and my grades, along with our social scene.

If I knew what I know now about college, I would tell myself that I need to learn better study habits and put more effort into my work. In high school, I never needed to study to get by, but now as a junior in college, I have realized that studying is one of the most important things that you have to do. If I acted the way that I did in high school, I would not pass any classes or would I have made it to my junior year. As a result of not knowing this when I came to college, I slacked off my freshman year. I had awful grades and I am still working to bring my GPA up to where it should and can be.

Before I came to this school, I wish that I had known how to better study for classes and to be prepared for those classes each day. In high school, I never needed to study, but now I have to. I wish I had better studying habits.

The community at Spring Hill is something I cannot even express how wonderful it is, you can walk anywhere and feel safe and comfortable and wherever you go, you at least know one person, the frienships and ability to accept everyone is something that I haven't experienced anywhere else.

Although the transition is rough at first beign so far away from home (depending on where you live), the experience and the friends you make are totally worth it. Don't be afraid to take chances, get involved, and learn new things. Everyday is a new experience, the friends you make may not be the friends you have in the future, but the ones that you are close to will always be there for you no matter what. Don't be afraid to ask for help or approach your professors, they are there for a reason, and only want you to prosper and do well. Most of all, don't take anything for granted. Life goes pretty fast, and when you take your education and friendships for granted, you begin to loose who you are as a person. Also, don't be afraid to redefine yourself, college is an experience and to find who you are as a person. Don't regret anything and make it an experience that you will enjoy to look back on in the future.

I wish i would have known more about the community of the school. Everyone makes you feel at home, and it is an awesome experience. I also would have benefited from learning how to cope better with being so far from home, and to hear others experiences about how they dealt with being away from home.

Breanna

My school is engaging, thought provoking, challenging, and beautiful.

My school is engaging, thought provoking, challenging, and beautiful.

I would tell my high school self to spend time with the family and not to be in such a hurry to leave. My college is nine hours away from my home, and this distance greatly appealed to me when I chose to come here. I wanted to prove to my family that I could be a responsible adult and live successfully without any of them. While I have shown that I am a responsible adult through good grades and financial budgeting, I miss my family much more than I ever thought I would and seriously regret not spending more time with my younger siblings over the summer. I was more caught up in packing and saying goodbye to friends than hanging out with my younger brother and sister. I would also advise my younger self to be kinder to my parents. Although I highly doubt that my high school self would listen to me, because I tend to be stubborn, this is the advice I would give because I have now learned from my own immaturity.

I wish I had known that the school was a "party" school, because I do not drink and do not wish to engage in drinking. That being said, I still love the school, I just find the noise on the weekends distracting.

Ana

Go to the school I want to go to, not my family or friends. Just because your a State University legacy, doesn't mean you have to go there. Branching out is not a bad thing. Making friends is not difficult, but staying only a few hour drive away is smart.

People who don't like individual attension, teachers know our names and we have responsabilities but the pressure is not too much to handle like at big schools. People who love the cold, and hate the beach and rain, people who love big football tailgating, and those who do not think community service is important.

I love the size (small) and the fact that the students know how to have fun. The beaches are pretty amazing near here so we spend a lot of time there. It is an amazing place to learn.

Nancy

Intimate classroom setting which fosters interpersonal relationships with advisors, counselors, and professors. A Jesuit background environment which encourages and nurtures a daily relationship with a higher being to guide and strengthen us all.

In order to arrive, one must first have a destination. Do not pass on an opportunity to achieve a higher education. A higher education provides one with more choices. Live life and learn.

I am a continuing studies student; therefore, my perspective is based on a greater number of life experiences than most traditional students. I do not find my school frustrating. I am blessed to be a part of this learning community.

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.