Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Vanessa

Be prepared to work hard, and learn to manage your time. The sooner you can start working on assignments the better, procrastination is not your friend! In addition to this, have some fun. Get to know people in your classes, and join clubs that may be related to what field you are going into. Make time for the work aspects of college and the fun aspects of it and you will do fine.

Kimberly

I would tell myself that it is not as intimidating as I thought, and that I am actually going to enjoy it. I would also say that the independence I will gain in college will strengthen my drive to do well in my classes. As long as I am determined and work hard I will do just fine.

Ashlee

One advice I would give to myself is not wait to study for a test the night before. That might have worked in high school, but in college, it does not work out that well. Even if you stay up all night studying for the test, the highest grade you will get on the test is a C. I would also tell myself to not just memorize material, but actually learn the material. With any of the classes in college, especially science and math classes, the teachers move at a much faster pace than the high school teachers do. It would really be helpful to you to actually learn the material in high school so when it is re taught to you in college, you will be able to catch on and remember the material more efficiently. Doing this will help you improve your grades overall in your classes. I would also tell myself to not put so much pressure on myself to do well in school. Putting alot of pressure on your self will actually cause you to perform worst in school. I would also tell myself to get involve with extracurricular activities on campus.

Someone who would do better at a smaller campus environment.

MONKIA

MY SCHOOL IS AMAZING IT FOUCUSES ON HARDWORK AND HELPING INDIVIDUALS ACHIEVE SUCCESS.

I WOULD DEFINETLTY TELL MY SELF TO STAY TRUE TO MYSELF BY GOING WITH MY GUT FEELING TO BE MORE FOCUSED,ON MY STUDIES TO TAKE MORE TIME TO CONCENTRATE ON WHATS IMPORTANT WHICH WOULD BE MAKING GOOD GRADES. I WOULD TELL MYSELF HOW IMPORTANT IS TO BUILD A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY PROFESSORS BASED ON MY CLASSWORK AND TO PARTICIPATE IN ON AND OFF CAMPUS ACTIVITES. I WOULD REMIND MYSELF THAT THERE IS NOTHINGG MORE IMPORTANT THAN MY COLLEGE EDUCATION I WOULD SPEND TIME WITH MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ,BUT I WOULD SURROND MYSELF WITH MORE POSITIVE LIKE MIND INDIVIDUALS WHO UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO GET A COLLEGE EDUCATION.

NOTHING THE SCHOOL HAS ASSITED ME SO MUCH IN AREAS THAT I NEEDED HELP IN.

Spring Hill was the only Catholic college I considered. It also was the smallest school that I visited. There is such a comfortable atmosphere on campus, everyone seems to know each other and at the very least will say hello or offer a smile to a fellow student they may recognize but not know by name. The small class sizes were a must that I could not have at a larger university and i value the close bonds that i have developed with my professors and classmates.

Tay, I know you are excited about going to college, but i know you are nervous too. It is good to be a little nervous, college is a huge step in becoming an adult and making the best decision is important. However, you should let go of some of the less important issues. Yes, you have a boyfriend at home, no he should not influence your decision, this choice will affect your future, not his, so choose for you. Treasure the time you have left with your friends, these memories will be all you have to tide you over until you see them next summer. Yes, some of your friendships may fade with the distance, but the ones that remain will be stronger than ever. You will make new friends too, just take a chance and stop being shy and you meet all kinds of amazing people. Fair warning, classes will seem overwhelming that first week. Stop. Breathe. You can do it. Get to know your roommate over the summer, you'll be best friends before yall even meet and it makes moving in much less intimidating. Pack warm clothes, Alabama gets chilly at night. Smile. Take Pictures. Make Memories.

I wish I had known how drastically my eating schedule would change and have prepared for the change over the summer or brought more food items with me because my first few weeks of classes i was too busy to eat properly in the cafeteria and it closes quite early. Also I wish I would have had a better idea of what I wanted to major in so I could have better spent my time and energy in high school and be better prepared for my classes now.

Don't be scared! Yes, high school was awesome, but college is even better! This is where you go to learn and to grow- not only in your studies, but really find out who you are! Yes, I know, it can be intimidating, but just let go and enjoy the ride. Study hard and remember to breathe once in a while. Know that everything is going to be fine and thousands of people do it every year-- trust that you will make it if you only try hard enough! And while you're there, try to take a minute and look around you. Look at all these people you'll encounter and take in their experiences as your own. Just trust your instincts and jump! Relax, breathe, work hard and study hard, and trust that God is in control.

Marco

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the advice I would give myself would be to not drop out of school. Five months into my senior year I decided to stop attending school and obtained a full time job. That ended up costing me one valuable year of education and drew me back an academic year from my peers. I’m more than certain that my former high school self will accept my advice of maintaining a constant presence in school simply by comparing my current Grade Point Average (GPA) to my former one. When the decision to drop out was made I had a 1.1 GPA, with dedication, hard word, and some stress I have since brought it up to a 3.2 GPA so my former self will have no alternative but to follow my perfectly set example. I would give myself this advice because hardly anything good came from dropping out, and now that I’m ready to transfer to a four year institution and have succeeded in Community College I’m capable of accepting that my thoughts about college as a high school senior were inadequate.

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.