Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Marlena

My classmates are determined, driven, kowledgeable, and ready to achieve.

My classmates are determined, driven, kowledgeable, and ready to achieve.

At this time, I have only been in college for 4 months, but I have gained so much in that time. My 4 months in college has taught me a lot about myself and how I am going to function as I grow as an adult. It has, also, given me a firsthand look at what the real world is about, and allows me to practice how to handle certain situations. I have always been independent, but now that I am away from home, I have the opportunity to show my parents how well they have raised me. I plan to make evryone proud!

I consider the student to teacher ratio the best thing at my school. Teachers are always available and want to help the students succeed. It is a more personal environment where students can receive one on one help from the teachers.

Britney

The campus is beautiful and the teachers will work with you and help all they can.

I have gotten maturity, knowledge, and freedom out of my college experience. This is because I have been able to leave my sheltered life and do things on my own.

I think the best thing about my school is that it is such a close nit community.

serene

Conservative, friendly, great learning environment and environmentally conscience.

I've gotten some great learning experiences out of this college. It has opened my eyes to more nursing professions to consider and the real opportunity to do them.

A somewhat conservative, learning-oriented person who is serious about school and their career.

Chelsi

It's very open minded. I like the small classes because the teachers can handle your personal learning needs.

I have gotten much out of life based on my college experience. I leared how to become an adult and take responsibility for my work and actions. Procrastination is a personal choice in college. Teachers will not baby you into doing your homework and studying. Here, at Spring Hill College you learn to accept your actions. Here, you also learn to become one with your mind, body, and spirit. I am a much more spiritual person because of Spring Hill. I am so happy I decided on a liberal arts school. I learned the importance of taking care of my body and learning how to be a professional (since my major is nursing). The nursing department taught me how to learn like an adult instead of like a highschool teenager. I learned to read all of my material. I learned to find the different ways to study my material whether it's auditory, visual, etc. I am very blessed to attend Spring Hill College for these reasons. Thank you.

I dislike how there are no ethnic faternites or sororites. I would like sorority houses and frat houses too.

Christopher

My classmates are friendly, helpful, fun individuals who work very hard and have strong goals.

In my opinion, college is not all about learning facts. It’s true value does not lie in one’s ability to quote Shakespeare, recall every step of a particular metabolic pathway, or provide a detailed description of the Punic wars. The utterly immeasurable value of a good college education is due to the skills it imparts. College teaches students how to solve problems, analyze the world around them, and reach new heights in critical thinking. College provides individuals with the tools they need to adequately respond to their environment. It also provides students with the opportunity and the skills to introspect, reflect upon their values, and discover themselves. My college has done all of this for me. I know that, upon graduating, I will be a strong, skilled, and productive member of society who is ready to flourish in this world. College has given me what I need to solve problems, embody my values, and live a better, more meaningful life, and I will forever be grateful.

A person who cares more about partying that academics, is not open-minded and accepting of diversity, and is in search of a large campus should not attend this school.

Students at Spring Hill College are academically focused, yet manage to balance academics with an active social life.

Spring Hill College has given me the opportunity to receive a well-rounded education, while offering resources to help me with my major. As a psychology major, about to begin my junior year, I have lucked out on opportunities. I have already attended a research conference and have a job in a psychologist's office, applying what I am learning in school and learning more about my career choice. The faculty in the psychology department has been v ery helpful to me, as well as other students, in helping us get the most out of this experience. I have learned not only the academic knowledge necessary for advancement, but also how it applies in the real world. Spring Hill offers enough staff support to give each student enough time to work with their professors and get the most out of the college experience. Spring Hill also has enough social activity that students don't necessarily feel overwhelmed by school. While the courseload is difficult, students still have opportunities to go out and have fun.

Anna

This school is VERY small. It's under 900 Undergrad. Almost everyone is in a sorority or a fraternity...it's not hard to get into one but the entire school and student body revolves around greek life 24/7. If drama and rivalry and reliving highschool are what you are looking for this is the school for you!

Breakdown of Greek Life - Frats: TKE - all nerdy/unattractive/not jock boys Lamdachi - all attractive (in a southern way) jocky/preppy boys and hunters who think they're god's greatest gift Sororities: Tri Delta - used to be the most prestegious sorority on campus with the most beautiful girls, not so sure of that anymore they rival with Phi Mu for girls each year Phi Mu - AKA Mu Mu's these are the girls that basically couldn't get into Tri Delt so went with Phi Mu, not outcasts just not super high maitenence. Delta Gama - The DG's are the lowest of the low at Spring Hill College, although in the North this is one of the most beloved and popular sororities in the South it consists of all the overweight girls and outcasts, these girls usually date TKES and are known as TKE Sweethearts.

Don not go to SHC unless you've always wanted to be in a sorority or fraternity...the charm of this school is amazing but do not be fooled...sororities and fraternities RULE THIS SCHOOL!

This school has some excellent professors, if you can get past the fact that you are stuck living in the bubble of Spring Hill College (all students are required to live on campus all 4 years) in Mobile, Alabama then the education is worth it...the Burke library is only a few years old and absolutely beautiful, its a great place to study.

Very safe campus can leave your dorm room unlocked, although I never did. Basketball games are really popular here but thats about it, if you're into baseball they have a lot of games and Babe Ruth played on the field at SHC. Dating scene is luck of the draw - there is a much larger Girl to Guy ratio. If you're awake at 2AM on a tuesday you should probably go back to bed, there is nothing going on in Mobile, Alabama unless you wanna head to the Taco Bell for a chalupa. People party usually just Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. They either party in the apartments which are on campus or head downtown to the bar scene.

Snoby, Stuck up, Rich, Southern Belles

Nia

College has challenged me to be the best "ME" I can be! I am naturally outgoing, personable, and bubbly. College has helped me develop characteristics I have to make my experience extraordinary. Through my college experience, I found that I am: adventurous- when I joined a sorority, caring- when I started volunteering at a local hospital and changed my major to nursing, laid back- when I am with my friends or in my room alone, loud and obnoxious- when I am cheering at sports events, competitive- in intramural sports and in my major, daring- when I joined and helped start the school's step team, a leader- when I attended a leadership retreat, a role model- when I became a big sister and freshman seminar leader, intelligent- when I made Dean's list, and blessed- when I'm smiling for no reason. These characteristics have allowed me to have memorable college experiences because they make me who I am! They are the reason why it has been so valuable for me to attend college.

I wish I knew about advancement opportunities before I came to college such as future career programs or internships and college courses. Future career programs would have given me experience in my prospective field of study and college courses taken during high school would have helped make my college course load less stressful. I wish I knew not to get involved with relationships before I came to this school because it causes the stress from classes, friends, teachers, and everything else to build. I also wish I knew about shopping for textbooks online to save money.

Any student not willing to put forth the effort in class would not succeed and should not attend this school. Any student looking for a "party" school should not attend this school. Any student looking to attend college somewhere other than the South should not attend this school. Also, any student looking for a college or university with a football team should not attend this school. Lastly, any student who is easily annoyed from seeing the same people two to three times a day should not attend this school. Anyone else is welcome to attend!

Abby

Spring Hill College is a school built on tradition. Since 1831, the college has provided a close-knit community for students to grow not only intellectually, but physically, socially and spiritually. Spring Hill is more like a family than a college. No matter what one's interests, hobbies or talents are, Spring Hill represents a group of students working toward a common goal. It is a small school with faculty and staff who actually know his or her students names and are deeply invested in the success of the student body in the career field and in life.

Spring Hill is quite different than any other university or college that I applied to. It is a relatively small college, with only about 1,500 students. However, not once have I felt like I have missed out on receiving a fulfilling "college experience." Because the school is small, it allows the students to get to know each other on a level rivaled by larger universities. Rather than cliques, Spring Hill is shaped by community. It is represented by a unified body of people passionate about learning and living, while giving back to the whole Mobile community in the process.

Throughout my life, I have been someone who is fascinated with dreaming about the future. As a kid, and even into my high school years, I would think constantly about what college would have in store for my life. I pictured myself feeling like a grown up--having everything figured out and assuming that jobs associated with my major would seemingly fall into my lap upon graduation. But now, as I enter my junior year of college, I know now that those dreams of maturity and simplicity were the result of my naivety. Although I attend a small college located in my hometown, I have learned a lot about myself and others. College threw me out of my comfort zone, taught me to challenge everything I had ever been taught and forced me to learn and grow even when I did not want to. College is an irreplaceable experience that teaches lessons beyond the classroom. I now know that much to my dismay, being in college does not make you a grown up. Instead, it puts you one step closer in your journey toward self discovery. This fall, I will continue in this journey and will always continue to dream.

JACQUELYN

I have gained invaluable knowledge from my college experiences thus far. I have had the luxury of meeting some of the BEST educators and counselors, who have taught and advised me well on my endeavors for a better future. I have also been blessed to have met some new people who I feel will be longtime friends of mine. I have learned that I must continue to make my education a PRIORITY, so that I may excel in my future and continue to be a positive contributor to my family and my community; especially in the medical field. I look forward to the day when I can walk across the stage with my graduating class and honor ALL the SPECIAL People that made it POSSIBLE. I certainly appreciate all your consideration and look forward to hearing from you soon! Respectfully, Jacquelyn Cabrera

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.