Syracuse, NY
Syracuse University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Syracuse University

Nakim

I would tell myself to calm down and not be so skittish. I was nervous and did not know what to do or how to act but after a while I just relaxed and acted how I do at home and people like me for it.

The fact that it is so ridiculously expensive means that my partents have to find money to pay for it and what they cannot pay for means that I have to either have to find scholarships or loans to cover the difference.

I wish someone had told me to make friends with people that are outside of my college. Most of my friends are also engineers and that is fine but when it comes to going out to parties we tend to go to the same place so it gets boring after a while.

Syracuse University is focused and fun :)

Syracuse University is focused and fun :)

The worst thing is how much fun it is! It makes it difficult to sometimes focus on my school work because there are always so many fun activities going on and the students at this school are very lively and sociable.

Alyssa

Syracuse University is a gorgeous university with a variety of academic, athletic, and professional opportunities. The spirit on campus is undeniable; there's something here for everyone! Between fantastic academics, a beautiful campus, incredible athletics, and countless clubs and organizations to get involved in, how could you go wrong?! I love how Syracuse has the feel of a small-town Univesity, but it's plopped right in the middle of a big city! Even though there are many, many students, Syracuse University really feels like home.

Dear High-School Self, It's you, from the future! There are so many things I need to tell you that I'm not entirely sure where to start. I suppose I'll begin by telling you that you need to relax. I know you worry so much about everything; about getting into college, doing well on your exams, being a good friend to everybody (even when they may not deserve it). I need you to trust that everything is going to work out. The people who are meant to stay in your life will stay there. The ones who don't, you don't need. You are smart and talented. You are going to be just fine. You're gonna LOVE college! I need you to trust yourself. You have solid instincts, girl. Believe in yourself, and don't ever let anyone make you second-guess that. This is your life. Do the things that YOU need to do. You only get one shot at it. Lastly, I need you to have fun. You've only got one life. Enjoy the ride while you still can. Close your eyes and leap! You've got this. I promise. Love, Me

When I brag about my school, I talk about all of the fantastic events we have on campus. From Ron Paul to Macklemore, Oprah to 2 Chainz, the University always does an awesome job with bringing interesting speakers to campus. Plus, seeing your athletic teams play on television is pretty cool, too. I love getting text messages from my friends saying that they're "watching your team kick butt!" Going to a school that everyone knows about and recognizes is the coolest thing I could ever imagine.

Brandi

Syracuse University is highly recommended as well as nationally ranked for many of thier programs but unless students get financial aid and scholarships I am not sure how it is affordable to anyone.

The first piece of advice I would give myself is to look at all of your college options. Just because all of your high school friends are enrolling in a certain college does not mean it's the right choice for you. There are numerous other reasons to attend a specific college other than which has the best parties or how many sororities they have; none of that will matter if your academics slip and wind up costing you excellent opportunities. You are going to have to study, and I don't mean for just twenty minutes I'm talking about hours for just one course. Take pride in everything you accomplish! Getting inducted into Phi Theta Kappa, heck yes, you best be proud because it's an academic honor that you worked hard for. Lastly I would tell myself, you are going to get through every obstacle standing in the way of your goals, please believe me when I tell you that you are a strong, independent young woman who is going to accomplish amazing things professionally, academically and personally.

The best thing about Syracuse University is the school spirit. Everyone always knows when sporting events are going to be taking place. The athletes are friendly and down to earth; the "fame" doesn't go to their heads.

Melissa

Dear High School Self,Congratulations on getting accepted to college! Here are some words of wisdom for the journey ahead.First, don’t take anything for granted. College provides you with unique opportunities that are hard to obtain in the real world. Internships, study abroad programs, extracurricular activities, speakers, concerts, plays… there’s so much to do! Now is not the time to be shy. If you don’t give things a try, you’ll never figure out what you want to do with your life.Second, spend time talking to your professors, especially the ones who will make an impact in your life. They have real world experience and are always willing to help you. Ask them questions, visit them during their office hours, and definitely don’t be afraid to get advice on the future.Finally, learn how to be an independent thinker. No one is going to hold your hand through this process. There are going to be days where things look bleak and days where everything falls into place. Use your brain, problem solve, and don’t be afraid to fail. You can always try again, but you can’t try if you never get started.

I wish I had known more about what I planned to major in. It was very easy to switch majors during my undergraduate career, but because I felt so aimless (and my advisors weren't incredibly helpful), it was hard for me to figure out where I truly belonged on campus.

The most important advice I could possibly give myself as a high school senior was that college work is 10x harder than high school work, so you better prepare yourself. You're going to need to study a lot more in college than you ever did in high school, and it's going to piss you off a lot. It'll probably take getting a really bad grade to get the message across to you that you need to buckle down and study your butt off. It needs to be all you. No one is going to be there to tell you to get your work done, and no one is going to be there to listen to you cry if you get a bad grade. You need to put the effort in. You get exactly what you put in, so if you put in bad effort, you're going to get bad results.

The architecture, the ridiculous amount of things to do on campus, Orange After Dark, the sports programs (mainly the ORANGE BASKETBALL TEAM!!)

Deka

No advice, I'd just do it like I did. I learned so much along the way and there is no way for me to put those experiences into words to have told myself.

a lot of shit like the weather, fake ass discounts we get for basketball games, parking, etc.

I am as hood and poor as it gets and I LOVED syracuse. Don't think I could've made a better choice. Real niggas can thrive here.

Siddharth

Going back in time, and giving advice to my self as an senior would be fantastic. One advice I would give myself would be just to take everything in college seriously. In other words, when I started out college I didn't take things very seriously with dramatic financial events in my family causing me to move back home. If I had taken that extra class I would have been done this year, but due to the lack of carelessness I have to live with the fact knowing I could have done better.

Shari

The advice i'd give myself is to always listen to myself at the end of the day. There are always going to be people in your ear telling what you should and shouldn't do but at the end of the day you're the one who has live with the decision you make. Even when you're not sure, it's always best to go with your own gut and opinion rather someone elses. I'd also tell myself that parties, drugs, and sex are still something that I don't need to experience. Those things hold individuals back from getting a degree and a lot of times just cause more problems. Focus on quality time with family, getting that degree, and finding out who you are as a person. Last but not least work hard everday!!! Never in a million years get comfortable because in order to walk across that stage you have to do hours of studying, hours of homework, and days/weeks of no social life. God, Family, School, and You are your top priorities!

Syracuse University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.