Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Cinthia

If I could go back to high school as a senior then I would advice myself to be in the same position as I am now as a college student. I would advice my self thefollowing: keep myself more active in school organizations, keep my grades up as high as possible, apply for tons of more scholarships. Never let go of your hopes and dreams, college is different. Advice others of the reality of attending college. Prove my self that I'm worthy of others. But the one I care more about is that I would go back and tell myself to appreciate more of others.

The worst thing I cosider about my school are the students who give us a bad name, the students who drop out and dont graduate. Those students then go on saying that UTB is a bad school, while in reality people here don't want to try. I don't consider anything bad about this school, just the students.

I'm no one to say what person shouldn't attend this school, I will only accept those who strive for success, who will perceive in achieving their dreams are tro be accepted.

Olukunle

The unique thing about my school is relatively affordable to attend. Moreover, there are variety of scholarships available both competitive and non-competitive. I believe finance had been a major stumbling block for most youths in order to fulfill their destinies. My school made financial aid as a major focal point to work on in order to get youths back to school because, if students had a less worry about financial aid (tution, books and accomodation), there will be a larger number of productive graduates, which eventually turns to a better society and good for economy at large.

I would have better prepare for the challenges ahead. Also, i would take every course seriously without levity because everything been thought at High School reflects again in college but in an advanced way. The greatest advice I will give to myself is never to memorize just to pass the course(s) but to read, understand and assimilate every topic or course before committing it to memory, because, understanding a course will definitely have a lasting impression in someone's memory. Moreover, I would be a more studious student because of the challenges ahead and take serious of every advice given by the teachers, counselors and principal because they have been there before. Furthermore, I would take a dual enrollments in order to garner some college's credits while still in high school, because it prepares someone for the challenges ahead and ultimately, it makes the academic route in college more faster and to be ahead of my peers who fail to enroll for dual enrollments In high school. Lastly, paying the price will be my watchword. I will make sure I commit to my studies at the expense of pleasure because it pays at the end.

The major problem about my school is that some of the students are not college-ready due to their poor academic performances. Moreover, some of the professors are making the students too comfortable in their grades by using academic curve to the extreme. Academic curve gives undue advantages to some students despite of their porous performances in homeworks, tests and the finals. This favor eventually boomerang on the students whenever they go to another school out of the valley. They(students) found it hard to cope which leads to unproductiveness. I believe grades should be awarded based on merits.

Ruby

My school isn't very famous in the U.S., but it is best known for the "paranormal activity" that goes on around there.

Going back in time to where I was a highschool senior, I would tell myself to apply to as many scholarships as I can because it's a huge hassle trying to come up with the money. I'd also tell myself to get used to reading and giving up my social life because for the next couple of years, school is going to come first. In high school, I was never really involved in many extracurricular activities, and being in college now makes me realize that if I would've been involved, I'd have so many connections to different things. The thought of college being this difficult now makes me want to actually go back in time and make a few changes so I wouldn't have to be struggling now. It'd be fantastic if I could go back in time and do that, but I just have to make the best of it for now.

I wish I would have known that UTB and TSC were going to split up because they've been making a bunch of unnecessary changes.

Barbara

Traveling back in time to a high school senior, the proper advice I would tell myself would be to choose a career pathway that could keep my family and I at a economical stability. Knowing that, the classes I may choose would be early as possible to finish to achieve the bachelor, masters, or even a doctrile degree. Through my college career, I would volunteer as many hours as possible to gain the proper hours for work experience.

The worst thing about my school is that even though we say we are smoke free campus, students do not care and don't follow the rule.

A person who does not want to acquire a professional degree to succeed in life.

Marc

My school has a lot of departments that can help any kind of students. There is the admissions office, the academic advising center, the financial aid office, two big library used by students daily and some other computers lab available as well. Some kinds of activities like orange crush are also organized to welcome freshman students and talent show to discover students that have artistic capacity. Moreover, my school disposed of a art center which hold a bunch of diverse events made by prominent artist all over the world weekly and monthly.

I wish i knew how to do a resume and satisfy all the requirements to get a job easily in school. I would've also wanted to be sure of the major i was going to study in order not to waste time in my career education. Another important thing, i would've liked knowing was that there were many scholarships opportunity that i could've applied to in order to help me in my education expenses and rely heavily on my loans.

James

My school is known for having a great community. Our whole area works together to get people that live here an education. All of the schools in this area work together to help out the students. There is another university about an hour away, and they just formed some kind of alliance, to make it once school. Also, our school is right next to the border of Mexico, so there's a very nice culture change from what you normally see in the US.

The school I'm attending is great, becuase it worked with me on transferring my associates degree from a technical school. It accepted my associates, and replaced theirs with it. It also accepted my academic core from the techinical school and replaced theirs. I'm not saying you shoulnd't take them at the university, but I didn't have the funds available at the time. So if you find yourself in a similar situation it might be a great fit for you!

Ly

I have learned many mistakes, for one is having morning classes. Two, don't cram all classes into one day. Three, always be prepared for class and plan ahead when the next assignment is due.

Kanesha

Hello Kanesha, it's you from the future returned to tell you about college life. Knowing how it is, I recommend that you get into as many extracurricular activities as you possibly can, it will look great when you go to apply for the four year schools you've been dreaming about. In addition to extracurricular activities, you might want to take your ACT and SAT test, although I know you want to take the easy way out of it by attending a Junior College, you'll thank yourself in the long-run. You're going to get a job, but don't let it detour your focus keep getting those A's you aspire for. Don't be too afraid to apply for any and all colleges, you'll be fine the right one will come through. Once you're in college do your best and make great friends and connections and enjoy the ride of your life.

Gael

The University of Texas at Brownsville is best known for its excellent resources, faculty, and staff. Also is best know for its vast majority of careers it provides for its students and its athletism.

The advice I would bestow to my past self is to take every advantage he is given during his high school years. With all those opportunities i died, I am in financial trouble. So the best advice is to, as said before, take every opportunity that it is given to him.

I personally brag about that The University of Texas at Brownsville can compete with up-north schools. Every school is the same.

Alexis

The University of Texas at Brownsville (UTB), in fact is a new university established at 1993. UTB has one of the strongest Chess program in the entire nation. Talking about Sports, UTB women’s volleyball team won the national championship on 2011. UTB has a beautiful mixture between the Mexican and American culture because of the close contact with Mexico. I know that UTB is not as big as UTA or UTSA but I have the same educational level for a cheaper price. In fact, I love UTB because I feel the warmth of the wonderful Mexican culture.

If I could travel to give me a warning, I would say: Everything your parents tell you is true. Your going to need a lot of money and you have to start looking for scholarships to not have so much pressure for the money. If you really want to fulfill your dream begins to think outside the box.

The most frustrating of UTB is the city that has about. Brownsville is not a tourist, you do not have many places to visit.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.