Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Jose

Overall, the campus is really intresting. There is a variety of students willing to open up to new friendships. Faculty is also friendly and available when needed. There is no day where I walk without a smile on my face. Also, there are nearby fast food restaurant for students to grab something to eat in between clases.

shiann

I believe the University of Texas at Brownsville contains an efficient amount of programs, majors and minors for their students and contains multiple resources to stay active mentally and physically. It is a beautiful campus with wonderful staff, students, etc.

Michelle

Very beautiful campus and wonderful people. I get along with alot of people and he professors are somewhat understandable about what is going on with student lives and try to help as much as possible. A lot of opportunity to get extra help if you are struggling with anything . Overall very friendly and helpful school.

valeria

My overall opinion is pretty average for the amount they charge in tuition. Ever since the merger of UTB and UTPA things have gotten more difficult and more expensive. I do hope classes become more accessible and tuition and fees go down for the quality of education we get.

lexi

Most of the students I attended high school with would say that UTRGV would not provide the same education as a university farther up north would; they would qualify the school as subpar. However, I would strongly disagree. The professors are incredible, the environment is more than welcome, the offered services are ever so helpful, and the campus itself is beautiful.

Brianna

I have completed a semester at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley at Brownsville and am currently attending my second at the moment. I honestly don't have many complaints besides the lack of availability of classes. I understand that we are fairly new and still growing as a university here, but I just wish there were more classes here in Brownsville instead of having to travel to Edinburgh. Other than that, I think the campus is great, I often enjoy walking around and the Rec Center that we have is amazing. I don't live on campus but have been told that the dorm are nice. Student life is friendly, in fact making friends is often quite easy.

Giselle
What do students complain about most?

Parking spaces, we are a lot of students and there is very little parking spaces.

What do students complain about most?

There are a lot of students who work really hard!

Most of the professors I have had are really good in their class, they know what they are talking about.

brandon

i would tell myself to not slack off and keep studing. the professors in college are not going to be watching after you and making sure you turn your work in. i would also tell myself not to graduate early and enjoy your senior year beacuse thats the last of highschool. and not be affaird of joining a sport beacsue its important to stay active and you dont want to get the freshman 15

i have nothing bad to say about the school. i think the school is perfect the way it is.

the only thing that i can think of is the parking. its kinda far and you have to cross the street to get to the other side sometimes it takes a while. but its not to bad i can deal with it.

Pedro

The way I see it, this school is fairly unique on it's own because the environment gives off a friendly and welcoming vibe. You feel at home, and students here are more than glad to offer a helping hand to those in need.

I need you to listen carefully and pay very close attention to what I’m about to tell you. College is a far greater experience than high school. Sure you might have had your joyous moments or occasions, but life does not end with high school. On the contrary, college is where your life and your real future, begins. Forget whatever impressions most of your teachers have left on you from their experience about college. Some of them are wrong. You’ve been told college is hard, false, it’s only challenging, you love challenges or you will, and you have the perseverance to pull through. Look for scholarships and apply to every single one of them because that money is there for you to continue with a higher education. Also, this is the time to ditch any bad studying and learning habits, I cannot emphasize this enough; DO NOT PROCRASTINATE, READ MORE AND THEN READ SOME MORE or you will regret it. Last but not least, always apply yourself to do your best and never settle for less. You have the capacity to do great things, but it is only a matter of getting up and taking action.

As I mentioned previously, the ambiance, the friendliness of those who are attending this school. It is a very contagious feeling. Also, it is very close to home for those that chose to stay local and quite affordable even for a university.

jacqueline

From my experience I really haven't seen any kind of stereotypes in my school because everybody is so busy with their classes and homeworks there's no time to worry about that

The most popular student activities are participating in playing games such as soccer but with a big bubble ball around you

The academics at UTB are really nice, teachers and tutors actually spend time with you one-on-one to explain to you what you don't understand. Class participation is a must, ptofessors love that & there's really no competition between classmates since everybody is so nice.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.