Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Ana

My classmates have been the support and help that I have needed during the three years I've been at UTB.

The most helpful advice I can give to students is to never give up. I believe it doesn't matter the right college but the attitude the student takes towards attaining a college degree. Students should understand that every little step taken today will count towards the realization of future dreams and goals. It doesn't matter if we like our teachers. What really matters is to give our best in what we do because that will only affect ourselves. College will transform our life today and tomorrow. It will give us the tools today to transform our life tomorrow. We, as students, should act responsible and understand that doing the right things will only be for our own benefit. Studying today will only benefit our future grades, and our grades will be the proof of our study. Students: Never give up to what you believe in. Never give up to your studies because that is what will keep your future bright. College is the last step towards attaining our life goals. It is what will help us in succeeding.

The diversity of teachers and students is immense. It is really interesting to meet people with different background and way of thinking. I consider that diversity is a key characteristic of UTB which gives more value to the school's environment and daily life.

Priscila

First of all, I think that whatever choice you have, it will be the besto chioce. At the moment we get into college, we will see if our expectations were good discovering all the programs, alternatives and recreations our university wiill have. You will have the best option if you try to see beyond your expectations and enjoy your experiencies in college.

I consider my school is a place very interesting because of it is placed at the border with Mexico and we have the opportunity to know people who speak another language which is not English and also we learn morea about different cultures. The use of many languages around school make us more successful in our classes.

There are a lot of people who attend to The University of Texas at Brownsville. I have had people who come from Republic Dominica, Spain, Mexico, Cuba, Russia and so on. People who come to teach us the use of different cultures.

Adriana

I would tell them that to look very deep into the college they want to go into. I strongly tell them to visit the college or university because it would be a great opportunity to know where your going and what they do in the college.

I knew everything about the school because I live in Brownsville, Texas and I have always heard about the college here. It was my first choice.

The most frustrating thing in school is really nothing because I am interested in what I do at school.

Debra

The Unveristy of Texas at Brownsville, was the best college that I have attended. My professors have always being a great help to me. I learned so much from them. The staff was always willing to help the student with what ever they needed. Everyone is so helpful and understanding. It never seems like a bad day there.

As a praent and a student their at the university I would want my child to attend there. Everyone there is always willing to help. The professor the first sign they see if you are failing they will take time to assist you. My professor have always being people I look up and I am happy to fianlly graudate and pursue my mastery next. I hope that I can also make a difference as a teacher like my professor did.

Vanessa

Many people don't like it because it's near home. Many people would prefer to go to bigger cities where there is a party environment. Overall, it isn't a bad school.

A unique thing about my school is it's a small school in which many people know eachother.

Preparation for college is extremely necessary. When choosing a college, it is important to know what career you want to study. Some colleges offer better career plans than others.

Armando

I am glad to say we have great teachers who are down to earth and give is " students " a great learning environment. We just got a soccer team last year i know we did really well, also our campus is historic and beautiful.

To do as much research as possible and vist the campus to see where their child might be attending school.

Since i grew up in this town i was fully aware of the Univeristy here in town. I am glad to see it growing at the rate it is as, its one of the fastest growing schools in the UT system.

jaqueline

making the most out of college simply involves making the right decisions. as we enter college, we are offered so many choices which can both impact us negatively and positively. every student has to be responsible enough to decide for themselves and make wise decisions. college is not the last step towards your education, but the first step towards the life you have decided to live. every decision we make in college is going to impact our career and in the long run, our life too!! my best advice to students, is to stay strong and firm on what you want. Don't be easly influenced and never let anyone decide you future for you. my advice to parents is to try to support and encourage your son/daughter as best you can. like mentioned before the future depends on the choices we make in college and the emphasis we apply to our work.

the most frustrating thing about my university is that sometimes the classes are too big and we rarely get to speak to the professor one on one, or he/she sometimes does not focus on each student as an individual, instead the class as a group.

Jessyca

Most of my classmates are very outgoing people whose only purpose is to succeed.

There are many unique things about my school. The first one is many students know each other, this is because we live in a small city. I have met people that attend bigger universities that say they never see the same person twice. A second unique thing about my school is that about three forths of the school's population live off campus.

I am a person who likes to be close to home, this is why I chose to attend a college located in the same city I live. The advice I would give to parents or students is that there is nothing more important than to feel comfortable where you are. It does not matter what school you attend, the only thing that matters is how much you learn and how you enforce your learning. In my opinion, as a parent, I would definately like to be close to my children while they are in college. Being close to them helps parents see how much they are learning, and at the same time keep them on track. In addition, the student makes the college experience. For example, if the student chooses to pay attention and study for each course, college will be a great experience. Finally, if the student chooses to party instead of study the college experience will not be fun at all.

Michelle

I would advice parents to communicate with their children and ask them what they want to do after they graduate from high school. Like a great professor of mine once said, "most people are not meant to go to college." I strongly agree with her. What is the point of sending your child to any university if they do not want to be thier. It would be a waste of time for both the parent and the child when the child could be more successful doing something away from school. I know that as parents they want the best for their children, but sometimes the best for the parents is not the best for the child. What the parent should do is advice the child and let them decide what they want to do. For example I am the only person to attend a university in my family. No one adviced me to do anything when I graduated from High school. I myself made the choice of furthering my education. Sometimes it does not matter if the parents pressure the child to go to school. The child will be the one to determine what they want to do.

The university of Texas at Brownsville accepts any individual who wants to futher their education. The university is four miles away from my house and that is very convinient for me. The university of Brownsville is a good school dedicated to educate anyone who is willing to take that determination. Being that Brownsville is right next to the border of Mexico, I wish that we would of had more security to protect all the people attending the university. Not only the staff and personell, but the students as well. Overall, UT Brownsville is a great school.

The University of Texas at Brownsville is open to any person who wants to succed in life. At this university we do not discriminate. If you are of a Mexican, African American, or even Korean descent you will be gladly welcomed at this university. Since the University of Texas is not a big campus we tend to be very close to eachother. We try to make friends with anyone who joins our school. As long as you want to get educated The university of Texas will gladly accept you.

Melissa

Most of my classmates are outgoing individuals that I grew up with.

Most of my classmates are outgoing individuals that I grew up with.

First of all, it is never too early to start thinking about your future. I believe a student should begin searching for scholarships by their sophomore or junior year of high school. A student can register online with different scholarship websites to get notice about which scholarships are available to them and which ones they quilify for. Speaking from experience, I registered with Scholarshipexperts.com and Fastweb.com. A student can also take an occupational survey or career test to see which job they are interested in having in the future. Based on the results of the survey, a student can search for different colleges or universities that have a program that best fits the students needs. Always complete a rough draft of the scholarship applications submitted because one error could refrain you from being selected. Make sure the student chooses the right school based on what he or she wants not what someone else wants for them. The student will probably not receive every scholarship that they apply for, but they should not give up and should still keep applying. For example, I applied for about fifty and received only two. Good luck!

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.