Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

alfredo

my advice to parents and students are the same, for parents to seed in their children the decition to persue education. the education is the only will they will have for sure and the most valuable heritage. be parent is big pleasure and big responsability too. there is not enough to feed them, or grow them physical, emosional and healthy. But give to them education. one of the best way to educate them is to eager to learn all that the teacher is teaching. In home, to supervise their home work. encorage them for the lecture, to be responsable with the education and the most, to serve others, to help others without look for money,j ust to serve, to help. To parents, muy advice is never give up in support the children in and out to school. to save money, to find a part time to have enough fonds to support his or her kid in collegue. never to give up in educate family members!. remembering olways that the best heritage we can give our children is to have a education.

What do I wish to know before to come to collegue?, how expense is to study in college. But fortunatelly only that I have is the spirit to graduate like registed nurse, find a job and help my children to go to college in the future. I wish to be son of a whelt father, or had win the Texas lottery. or at least to get more paycheck every two weeks. Another of my wish is to had known before, is that the huge amount of new knoldeges were no changed , now for me is another challenge to update them.

Rosa

Choose your college carefully. Don't base it the popular ones or the ones that party the most. This decision has to go with you throughout you entire college career. Be part of organizations and campus life. You get to meet new, interesting and valuable connections that will aid you in the future. Pick a college that fulfills all your needs. Educational and extracurricular. Many colleges offer a variety of programs that will give you the experience you need to succeed. Always involve your parents in your decisions because in the end, they know best and 9 out of 10 times, they have experienced it, one way or another.

Join more clubs and organizations to improve your networking skills

Beautiful campus with the potential for more. Always give it your all and do your best and you can achieve anything.

Maria

Our school is best know for the Fort Brown because it is on the the actual Fort Brown where the Mexican and American Revolution took place. It is also where Dr. Goras did all his studies on yellow fever. It was here where Dr. Gorgas discovered that it was the mosquito that caused the the yellow fever and was able to create a cure for it. Furthermore, the UTB campus is still growing and registration has increase by about 2000 students in the last year. We have student with different ethnic backgrounds. At UTB we are no respector of men.

when looking for a college for your son or daughter, remember that they going grow up while in college and are going to be exposed to the real world. Choose a college that will enhance their academic life and their socail life.

At UTB we have a unique veiw of life. We are friendly and are always optimistic. We like change and encourage new ideas. If you have none of this qualities, and decide to attend UTB beware, we tend to rub off on people and unless you do not want to have a life time experince that will enhance your learning ability and built a life time bond with UTB, then do not attend UTB.

Claudia

Location is the unique about my school, we are located at the border with Mexico. This allows to have a diversity culture between Mexico and the USA.

Finding the right college has to do with many things. I think the most important thing is for the students to have a focus on their goals and to have a desired to success. With this tools they can make their dreams come true; because when you have a will you have a way. Look for a school that meets your expectaties.

My school has many programs over all that give support to student in their studies. This helps students to finish up with their careers. They provide support on writing, math and reading. Those three things are essentials in a professional career. This is a great advantage students have here and they do take in consideration.

Enrique

UTB is well known for being a university that is on the border and that has grown a lot during these years that has been functional, and it is getting better every year.

There are many good options for the first college, but personally i liked being in a college that is in my hometown, because i got to learn that college experience that is required to move on in my educational life.

The most frustrating thing about my school would probably be the parking lot, since it is so little it is very difficult to find good parking space after 8 a.m.

Cassandra

Visit as many school as possible to experience the atmosphere before making a commitment to the specific school.

The general price of the books at the school.

Anybody who loves the Hispanic culture or wants to get involved in the culture.

Abigail

The best time to begin searching for the appropriate college is after you have decided what it is that you would like to study. The location, student body, and price are all important factors of course, but these won't matter if you are attending a school that doesn't even meet your academic needs. After choosing the school, the best advice is just to stay focused. You will have to learn to sacrifice alot of time to studying if you want to do well, but it will all pay off in the end.

how to chose professors before getting your classes

Ana

My classmates have been the support and help that I have needed during the three years I've been at UTB.

The most helpful advice I can give to students is to never give up. I believe it doesn't matter the right college but the attitude the student takes towards attaining a college degree. Students should understand that every little step taken today will count towards the realization of future dreams and goals. It doesn't matter if we like our teachers. What really matters is to give our best in what we do because that will only affect ourselves. College will transform our life today and tomorrow. It will give us the tools today to transform our life tomorrow. We, as students, should act responsible and understand that doing the right things will only be for our own benefit. Studying today will only benefit our future grades, and our grades will be the proof of our study. Students: Never give up to what you believe in. Never give up to your studies because that is what will keep your future bright. College is the last step towards attaining our life goals. It is what will help us in succeeding.

The diversity of teachers and students is immense. It is really interesting to meet people with different background and way of thinking. I consider that diversity is a key characteristic of UTB which gives more value to the school's environment and daily life.

Priscila

I consider my school is a place very interesting because of it is placed at the border with Mexico and we have the opportunity to know people who speak another language which is not English and also we learn morea about different cultures. The use of many languages around school make us more successful in our classes.

First of all, I think that whatever choice you have, it will be the besto chioce. At the moment we get into college, we will see if our expectations were good discovering all the programs, alternatives and recreations our university wiill have. You will have the best option if you try to see beyond your expectations and enjoy your experiencies in college.

There are a lot of people who attend to The University of Texas at Brownsville. I have had people who come from Republic Dominica, Spain, Mexico, Cuba, Russia and so on. People who come to teach us the use of different cultures.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.