Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Indalecio

The University of Texas at Brownsville is known for their Education, Music and Business Degree's.

You can make the best out of this school if you want to. Classes are fairly easy and if you set your mind to it, you can potentially make the Dean's List. It is very cost friendly since tuition is below $5,000. There are a lot of scholarship oportunities as well.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to stay focused and party-free. I would let myself know that I have a condition called Attention Deficit & Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and that I need to seek medical attention so that it doesn’t affect me academically in the future. I would also advise myself to apply at a private, smaller institution that could help me out both financially and academically through scholarships and personalized attention. I would tell myself that I need to remember what I am in school for; I need to tell myself to behave and never give up, no matter how hard things can get. I would try to educate and inform myself that the beauty of life is making mistakes so that we don't make them again in a future. I would encourage myself to never get disappointed at the many challenging situations I am about to face in my transition to adulthood. I would finally tell myself to develop an interest for Philosophy, since it is the greatest method to achieve clear thoughts and overall success.

Bobby

Get your Associates Degree at an accredited community college. Then transfer to a state school. You will receive a quality education at a fraction of the cost. No matter what, don't quit school, stay focused and don't let outside influences within your control such as partying, women and derail your vision. Work is not as important now but you should get educated so you do not have to do menial jobs later on in your life. Your education is an investment into yourself so be serious, get serious and stay serious about graduating.

My school allows me to go online. Without this, I would not oterwise be able to attend and work towards my degree.

Anyone serious about completing a quality education.

Jose

I would had wished I would of had better advising taking my courses and for the school for it not to be very competitive among the programs.

I would had wish to have known of the splitting of the Univeristy and the College plan

David

I would first start off by saying to myself that college is the foundation of life. Yes, highschool was very importatn as well but college is where your life begins as far as being an adult and understanding that some things like working full time and making decent money can wait. Simply because you will spend the rest of your life working and making money, so why not jump right into college right out of high school and start maing that great money sooner. I would remind myself that the current job i have is not somewhere i would like to see myself in 10 years, not even 5 years. I would push myself to enroll into a college and continue my education well my high school education was still fresh in my head instead of waiting almost 5 years to start. I would remind myself that the most important thing that you can have in todays world is an education and that my son would eventually be asking me the questions that he does today. I would tell myself that moving out and having cool things aren't really that important and that i'll have them one day.

Kyle

I would tell myself to start doing scholarships and college applications earlier in my highschool career. I would also tell myself to pay attention better in school and not worryso much about trying to have as much fun. If you werent so distracted yo c ould have been valdictorian instead of salutatorian is what I would tell myself.

Teresa

My school is best known for being the univeristy right across the border from Mexico. We're located less than five minutes from one of the international gateway bridges.

I would tell myself to look into the scholarhips and not to put them off. I would tell myself to look into work study opportunities and to keep on track with my degree. I would advise myself to not put off classes necessary for my degree and to be more involved.

I wish I had known more about the scholarship opportunities they had to offer while I was still in high school.

zachary

Well if i can go back and give some advice to a senior student it would benefit them. I would tell them about how in the beginning of the semester, to only take the courses that you can handle, dont compete with your friends or dont get discouraged that your friends are enrolled in 5 or 6 classes. Your the only one that knows where your limit stands and i would suggest taking only 4 classes will give you a good GPA at the end of each semester. Other advice would be, if you regretted joining leadership clubs/sports/etc in high school, college is your second chance. In college, there are so many different ideas, events, people, and etc. Embrace each and single day, because before you graduate, you will not regret it. College is an amazing place to have fun, meet new people and be active within your campus, but at the end of the day it all comes down to studying and preparing for your finals. Do not procrastinate with anything, do your homework first and then you will feel good the rest of the day. When finals come, group study, or go to tutoring for finals.

If you do not like being in the heat year round, then you shouldn't enroll here. In brownsville its hot year round, with some bi-polar weather every now and then. But overall, its an amazing campus and there is nothing to complain about!!

Michelle

UTB is home to academic centers and programs that receive local, state, and national recognition

UTB is known for its Gravitational Wave Astronomy Center in Physics, as well as international heritage and bilingualism.

After recently surviving some major health issues, including a blood clot in my brain which almost killed me, I am determined to complete my college degree. I am a single mother of two lovely girls. We lost everything: My 401k and life savings is depleted; our home was is foreclosure. With disability and social security as our only income while I was unable to work, we could barely keep a roof over our heads and food on the table while keeping up with my medical bills. Now that my health is back to a manageable level, I am determined to complete my Bachelor’s degree in order to rejoin the workforce and properly support my children. My goal for many years is to pursue a Master’s in Education. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, my advice would be not to get married so young... to stay in school and complete undergrad and gard school before starting a family. But also, I would advise to be better prepared for an emergency like the total life upheaval caused by my brain clot.

Nathaniel

If only I could go back in time to advise my younger self on college, what would I say? You see, I graduated high school over ten years ago. I thought, as most teens do, that I was grown, mature, and had this college thing licked. This false, inflated self-perception would be my undoing. I did what I wanted, when I wanted to do it. I had been given a car and had a part-time job and was, therefore, living it up! Life was one big party away from the father who had raised me, partying with friends he would never approve of and devoting too much attention to a new girlfriend I wasn't ready for. To be honest, I didn't make it through my first semester. I hadn't attended class enough, never studied, and what work I attempted was sub-par. My high school dropout girlfriend was pregnant when we met and I decided to raise the baby, meaning my part-time job was insufficient. I would tell myself that I am too young and immature. I would tell him what he wants is wrong and counter-productive. Simply put, your father knows best!

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.