Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Jose

I would had wished I would of had better advising taking my courses and for the school for it not to be very competitive among the programs.

I would had wish to have known of the splitting of the Univeristy and the College plan

David

I would first start off by saying to myself that college is the foundation of life. Yes, highschool was very importatn as well but college is where your life begins as far as being an adult and understanding that some things like working full time and making decent money can wait. Simply because you will spend the rest of your life working and making money, so why not jump right into college right out of high school and start maing that great money sooner. I would remind myself that the current job i have is not somewhere i would like to see myself in 10 years, not even 5 years. I would push myself to enroll into a college and continue my education well my high school education was still fresh in my head instead of waiting almost 5 years to start. I would remind myself that the most important thing that you can have in todays world is an education and that my son would eventually be asking me the questions that he does today. I would tell myself that moving out and having cool things aren't really that important and that i'll have them one day.

Kyle

I would tell myself to start doing scholarships and college applications earlier in my highschool career. I would also tell myself to pay attention better in school and not worryso much about trying to have as much fun. If you werent so distracted yo c ould have been valdictorian instead of salutatorian is what I would tell myself.

Teresa

My school is best known for being the univeristy right across the border from Mexico. We're located less than five minutes from one of the international gateway bridges.

I would tell myself to look into the scholarhips and not to put them off. I would tell myself to look into work study opportunities and to keep on track with my degree. I would advise myself to not put off classes necessary for my degree and to be more involved.

I wish I had known more about the scholarship opportunities they had to offer while I was still in high school.

zachary

Well if i can go back and give some advice to a senior student it would benefit them. I would tell them about how in the beginning of the semester, to only take the courses that you can handle, dont compete with your friends or dont get discouraged that your friends are enrolled in 5 or 6 classes. Your the only one that knows where your limit stands and i would suggest taking only 4 classes will give you a good GPA at the end of each semester. Other advice would be, if you regretted joining leadership clubs/sports/etc in high school, college is your second chance. In college, there are so many different ideas, events, people, and etc. Embrace each and single day, because before you graduate, you will not regret it. College is an amazing place to have fun, meet new people and be active within your campus, but at the end of the day it all comes down to studying and preparing for your finals. Do not procrastinate with anything, do your homework first and then you will feel good the rest of the day. When finals come, group study, or go to tutoring for finals.

If you do not like being in the heat year round, then you shouldn't enroll here. In brownsville its hot year round, with some bi-polar weather every now and then. But overall, its an amazing campus and there is nothing to complain about!!

Michelle

UTB is home to academic centers and programs that receive local, state, and national recognition

UTB is known for its Gravitational Wave Astronomy Center in Physics, as well as international heritage and bilingualism.

After recently surviving some major health issues, including a blood clot in my brain which almost killed me, I am determined to complete my college degree. I am a single mother of two lovely girls. We lost everything: My 401k and life savings is depleted; our home was is foreclosure. With disability and social security as our only income while I was unable to work, we could barely keep a roof over our heads and food on the table while keeping up with my medical bills. Now that my health is back to a manageable level, I am determined to complete my Bachelor’s degree in order to rejoin the workforce and properly support my children. My goal for many years is to pursue a Master’s in Education. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, my advice would be not to get married so young... to stay in school and complete undergrad and gard school before starting a family. But also, I would advise to be better prepared for an emergency like the total life upheaval caused by my brain clot.

Nathaniel

If only I could go back in time to advise my younger self on college, what would I say? You see, I graduated high school over ten years ago. I thought, as most teens do, that I was grown, mature, and had this college thing licked. This false, inflated self-perception would be my undoing. I did what I wanted, when I wanted to do it. I had been given a car and had a part-time job and was, therefore, living it up! Life was one big party away from the father who had raised me, partying with friends he would never approve of and devoting too much attention to a new girlfriend I wasn't ready for. To be honest, I didn't make it through my first semester. I hadn't attended class enough, never studied, and what work I attempted was sub-par. My high school dropout girlfriend was pregnant when we met and I decided to raise the baby, meaning my part-time job was insufficient. I would tell myself that I am too young and immature. I would tell him what he wants is wrong and counter-productive. Simply put, your father knows best!

aldo

Going to college is a big step in someones life it will take alot of hard work, dedication, and frustration. Even though it will be an emotional roller coaster due to deadlines on work not everything is work some things are fun. Remember you will normally go for a degree in something that is interesting to you so dont be shy when it comes to projects go ahead and make mistakes so you can learn from them. Use the tutorials as well even if you know the material we all learn everyday something new no matter how old we are or knowledgeable we are. Lastly dont be afraid to take an adventure from internships to group projects this will help remember experiences is what helps as well not only reading and studying.

the most frustrating situation about school is the classes are not always available and will have to wait until they are or substitude for something that was not planned on being on the course plans.

a person attending this institution should be someone who is willing to apply themselves to hard work and not expect to have something handed to them. This college as well as others allow students to manage their own time and work which is a life lesson on managing your life as well so if a person is not open to that type of lifestyle it will be difficult for them.

Kate

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would tell myself to never give up when school gets hard. I would also tell myself to study harder because college is so much harder than high school. I would also tell myself to stay on top of homework because if you don't, it'll mess you up big time.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.