Evansville, IN
University of Evansville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Evansville

Bethany

My classmates at school are awesome people because they are willing and highly able to discuss important current events, issues, and controversial academic topics while still knowing how and when to have fun!

As a high school senior, I lived life inside the walls of my high school and my home. Despite what I thought at the time, I was not truly aware of much beyond those peripheries. Now, as a college freshman, I am conscious of the larger picture and my perspectives have changed greatly. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to be afraid of the unknown variables in life. In high school, college is a vaugely defined entity with many stereotypes placed upon it that can be daunting to high-schoolers. I would like to go back and tell myself that, just like all things in life, college is what each individual makes of it. I would tell myself not to pass up any opportunities which would result in expanding my horizons of knowledge and experience, but I would also assure myself that college is a time for discovery, knowledge, forging new relationships, and most importantly, FUN! I think that I would conclude by telling myself that in time, college will feel more like home than home does, and it's the best experience so far!

I wish I had known how to be a more confident person so that I would not have wasted time meeting new people once I arrived at college. Being in a new environment and not knowing anyone is scary, but the moment I began meeting people I remembered why I had worked so hard to be able to attend the college of my choice. In high school, I wish I had known that college is the perfect time for acquiring new friendships with people who care greatly about their communities and world.

Anna

Dear High School Anna, I've come from the future to prepare you for college life as a single mom. Prepare yourself for a major transition from high schooler to single college mom. Think about the future you desire for your child and the support needed to achieve your goals. Your parents will be your strongest support financially and emotionally. Being a mom is a huge task in itself, but being a teen college mom is a unique adventure. Begin researching many scholarships, and applying to as many schools as possible that provide online courses for credits toward your nursing degree. Once accepted, meet with the nursing college advisor and write out your college plan. Be realistic about the challenges of being a single mom. Become organized so you will have less stress when your baby comes. Prepare a schedule so you'll have more time to study when the baby naps or when you have a babysitter. Take many notes and study them daily. Communicate with your professors regularly about crucial material for the exams. Stay focused on your goal to graduate and to set a responsible path for your little one to follow. Sincerely yours, College Anna

Gail

U of E is known for its small class sizes and personal learning environment. The professors are passionate about their profession and go above and beyond their call to equip their students with the tools for future success. Career preparation through internships and hands-on instruction is unparalleled, and career placement percentages are extremely high, even in these hard economic times.

There I was--a senior in high school not really knowing where life was going to take me. I was the first generation of college student in my family so I had no idea what to expect. I wasn't sure if college was right for me or if I was smart enough to succeed. As graduation neared, my fear of failure began to evolve into an perpetual dread of college. Looking back at it now I regard my fears as childish and outlandish. Within the first few days of my college career I was greeted with open arms by the faculty and students and set on a course to succeed in my future. If I could change my lack of motivation in high school I would have taken more difficult classes and taken the SAT and ACT numerous times. College opens new doors and opportunities and committing to the University of Evansville was undoubtedly the best decision of my life.

I had no idea how personal this university would be. Staff and administrators continually go out of their way to make me feel at home and to assure I am performing to my full potential in my classes and major. The sense of purpose and work ethic is continually engrained within all the students and they begin gaining knowledge through hands-on experiences sooner than almost all major universities.

Whitney

Most are studious and confident in themselves, but they know how to have fun and lighten up during the bleak moments of the semester.

Botany is an evil class. Be sure to actually focus and take notes by hand (you'll remember better... in the weird way we do)! Study for the exams longer than cramming the night before! Know more than the bare minimum, becuase those short answer questions are detailed orriented! Same goes for chemistry! Study and actually DO the practice problems for the exams. You make a lot of tiny mistakes that kill your test grades! Doing that will keep your stomach from eating itself while waiting for final grades. Other than that, good job on being able to wake up to your alarm clock and get to your 8 o'clock classes on time.

I'd have to say the worst part about the school is the lack of things to do that are within walking distance. Walking to the mall is at least 40 minutes of the day, and the nearest Target/Walmart is an hour away. However, there are plenty of ways to keep occupied if you know the right people.

I can describe it in one word, Perfect; it's small, quality education and the people there are warm, there is always something to do.

My classmates are genuinely nice and warm people, who don't mind helping their fellow students.

Don't waste time and study hard for your SAT's and your ACT. It makes it easier when you finish your high school career with a high GPA as more doors will open. Don't place all your efforts in your sport as it is the GPA that will get you noticed. You need to be chosey on the school you pick, taking into consideration cost, distance and type of educational program offerred.

Devan

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that it is going to be tough, but it will be worth it. The hours are long, the pay is non-existant, but in the end, you will have a very successful career and be helping people. Try not to waver on your decisions, go with your gut feeling. Try to get some observation hours at the hospital so that you won't have to stress out about them once you finally decide what you want to do. You are a smart person, yet stubborn. Ask for help when you need it, don't wait until you are so far behind that you will never make it back. Put your full effort into everything you do and go to bed before midnight. 8am classes really are as bad as you have been told; avoid them at all costs. Work out every day, you will regret not going to the gym. Go out and make new friends, but you will understand when the time comes, what you need to do. The cute blonde boy in your FYS class isn't as weird as he seems.

Small class sizes are the best. It allows the students to have a personal relationship with the professors and get the necessary help if needed.

limited food options. Variety is the spice of life and life isn't very spicy here.

My classmates inspire me to do well in school.

My classmates inspire me to do well in school.

If I could journey back to my high school days, I wouldn't have enough time to cover all areas of advice. The most important thing I would tell myself is not to pick my school based on the financial aid package offered. I picked my current school based on the financial aid, and I often find myself wondering if I am truely happy. Chose where you want to be, then work hard, and apply for scholarships to get yourself there. The next essential advice I would give myself is to manage my time better. Don't waste days sleeping. Most of your extra time should be spent studying. If you don't study you grade point average will fall, and it is a lot easier to let it fall than to bring it back up. If you work hard in the beginning you can rest more in the end. Lastly, don't be intimidated because you are the minority. You have every right to be here. You got into this school with good grades just llike everyone else. Take advantage of every opportunity given to you. These why words are what I needed coming into college as a freshmen.

The most frustrating about attending the University of Evansville is being a minority. I went to a high school with mostly African American students, and this univserity has the exact opposite. Being the only African American student in most of my classes forces me to be the voice for my race as a whole. It is hard because I cant classify the people if my race all in one group, which is difficult for others to understand.

Lindsey

The University of Central Florida is known for its many different colleges and its widespread selection of degrees offered.

The most important thing I could tell highschool senior self is to always be on top of what needs to get done to work towards my degree and to not procrastinate. Procrastination is the nemisis of success and it will keep holding you back in college. You might be able to wiggle through high school and get good grades and still procrastinate but not in college. Here you are completely in charge of where you take yourself and how successful you are. Also looking at college as your training for your career as a professional in steat of just another school you have to get through really puts the experience in perspective of what it really is: training. You want to be prepared and ready and hirable when you graduate so you have to really work for it.

The best thing about the University of Central Florida is how helpful the staff and faculty are and being able to talk to an advisor about anything concerning your academic plan.

Erin

If I had the power to advise my high school self, I would give myself very simple advise: believe in yourself and trust your abilities. During my senior year of high school, I had a low self-esteem that had been battered by an eating disorder. Two years later and fully recovered, I turn my negative energy into positive things, like art projects. My former self was afraid of failing, so I chose to not take chances. Consequently, I missed out on a lot of opportunities, like a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Germany. However, in college I have made up for lost time. In the past two years, I have joined an honor?s fraternity, Phi Theta Kappa, where I served as president. I also was the president of student government which provided many wonderful opportunities to proudly represent my school. All two-and-a-half years of my college career I have made Dean?s List. Never did I think that I, the quiet and insecure girl, would ever be able to accomplish such feats. I truly feel that I have developed into the person that I always wanted to be because I now believe in myself.

Before attending the University of Evansville, I wish I would have known how important it is to be involved at school. Almost all of the students attending UE are involved in Greek Life, clubs, organizations, etc. Being involved opens up many doors: from developing lifelong relationships to building self esteem. The possibilities are endless. I also wish I would have known that it's okay to be yourself and put yourself "out there". Unlike high school, you must be your true self at college to gain a great college experience. I havce found this at the University of Evansville.

The University of Evansville is perfect for goal-oriented, hardworking young adults who what to go places in the world. That said, people who go through life by "just slidding by" or those who procrastinate will not likely be successful at UE. Average is not good enough, and one must be willing to go above and beyond what is asked of him or her. If a student doesn't mind being considered "another number" at larger universities, or is used to being taught by Professor's assistants, than he or she should not attend the University of Evansville.

University of Evansville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.