Evansville, IN
University of Evansville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Evansville

brooke

The common perception of a high school student is "oh, I'll do that later" or "I'll do better next time". In high school I was able to hang out with my friends and dink around whenever I wanted to. Transitioning into college, I realized there is no more busy work. If you procrastinate and have even one bad exam score, your overall grade will be effected. There is no more cushion. I would tell my high school self to begin practicing better studying habits so I not only know the material for a test, but I will keep it in my brain long term. Also, I think it is even more important in college to surround yourself with people who have the same goals as you do and care enough about you to keep you on track instead of distracting you. I have met so many people in college that I will be friends with for the rest of my life and have pushed me to stay on track and not only be a better student, but a better person. I wish I had a better grasp of my priorities in high school than I did.

KC

Since I began college I have learned and am experiencing a lot . I have leaned that life is not as easy as I thought it was, With that in mind. I would tell myself that college is not like High School and you have to be more independent and everything you do in school do it like it is urgent and not procrastinate because you will get lost in the shuffle .

Julie

I am twenty-four years old, and I am much wiser than I was as a high school senior. There is a copious amount of advice I would love to tell that high school senior who had so many decisions to make, however there is one piece of advice which would be indispensable in making college life and life in general much easier. My only piece of advice to myself is to not worry about how long it may take to reach the goals I set for myself. If you’re in a rush you may not take the proper time to think things through, and make the right choices regarding your future. Also, if you rush through life you will never have time to really live life. What are your educational and professional goals worth if reaching them doesn’t enable you to enjoy your life? I would not change the time it took me to reach my goals, but if I had a chance I would use that time more wisely. I am twenty-four and hoping that by the time I’m thirty my goals will be complete and along the way I will have some fun.

My classmates are my family; because it is a small campus, they are all very supportive of all of my endeavors.

Now is the time to begin figuring out your best study habits. You may have been able to breeze through high school without needing to study, but that is only going to hurt you down the line in college. If you start off your college career trying to learn what works best for you every time a test is flung your way, you will start off miserable with a miserable GPA to match. Spending thirty minutes studying the way that works best for you is so much more valuable than two hours studying the wrong way. That being said, there isn't one correct way for everybody; I like to study in a public place, but my friend seeks solitude when she studies. If you find it difficult to figure out your best study habits, use your college's resources! They want to see you succeed, and are guaranteed to have plenty of helpful programs or resources to help you find your way. Your counselors' jobs are to see that you succeed, and you will benefit tremendously if you take advantage of that.

As much as I love my school, the hardest part of being a student is actually staying here; as a private institute, it is a financial hardship to attend this university.

Jason

Dear Jay, College is one of many journeys you will have in your life time. However it is one of the most important journeys. A college education is the foundation of the skill set and tools that you will need in order to be successful in your carrier path. So here are a few tips to help you transition and navigate through college. 1.If you need financial aid, learn about your options. There is state and federal aid, scholarships, grants, and college loans. Choose the best one that works for you and apply. 2.Know the rescores your college offers, such as tutorial labs, academic groups, study groups, and workshops; use them they’re there to help you succeed. 3.Get to know your professors, there may come a time when you might need one of them to write you a recommendation letter. 4.College course loads are very demanding and college life outside of the class room can be very tempting. So balance your college experience. Schoolwork should always stay priority one and social time comes after. Have fun but have boundaries. Don’t be that student who over indulges or you may not succeed.

Jerry

The classmates I have here at University of Evansville are very intellectual, energetic, and have integrety; therefore, they have much potenial to be leaders some day out in the real World.

There are many times that I just wish that I could go back in time to give myself advice for the major life transition from high school to college; however, that is just impossible. What is possible though, is that I can help other students that were in the same place that I was in not to long ago. So that is what I am here to do. So close to about two years ago when I was starting my high school senior year, It would have been such a blessing to be able to hear about the transition to college. I would have told myself that college is somthing that is completly unique, somthing that you really do not expect. It is a way to continue your education and life experiences ,while at the same time, you are getting a fresh start. College will stretch your capabilities in a way you could never imagine. It not only enriches and stretches your intellectual capabilites, but also the way you handle finances, the way you cooperate with new people, and even just the way you think. I would encourage myself to step up and make the most out of the oppertunity.

I would have to say that the only reason for a person to not attend University of Evansville is if they are just not adequately ready for a challenge. University of Evansville is a College that will stretch your capabilities. So, I would say that a student that is not willing to give time and dedication to their education should not attend this school. And as far as the enviroment around the school, it is made up of mostly city; therefore, a student must be prepared for the city life also.

William

The University of Evansville is personable, demanding, and friendly.

The University of Evansville is personable, demanding, and friendly.

Going off to college is a great way to meet new people, explore new things, and learn more about yourself. While you are guaranteed to do these things, it is important to never forget why you are going to college in the first place; grades. Focus on your academics and keeping good grades and everything else will come to you in good time. It may seem cliche, but it is the most overlooked and underestimated piece of advice you will ever receive. Stay persistent and better yourself. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help. There are people everywhere who would not hesitate to help you, if you just ask. There are several things in college you can accomplish by yourself, and that is okay. Finally, get involved around campus. Getting involved helps give back to the community, build your skill set, add to your transcript, and make the most of your college career.

Despite having many appealing aspects, one feature of my school that stands out as unfavorable, is the price.

The University of Evansville is best known for being a friendly campus that encourages students to do their best.

If I could go back in time to talk to my high school self before I went to college, I would tell myself to not over stress about meeting new people and to be open to every opportunity. I was the only person from my high school go to the University of Evansville and I do not have family in the immediate area, so I essentially felt isolated. However, by joining clubs that interested me both socially and academically, I quickly found my niche. Instead of worrying about how others would perceive me, I would tell my high school self to advantage of every opportunity to expand my comfort zone. College presented a lot of opportunities for learning new material that I previoulsy did not even know existed. Instead of fearing not knowing something, my high school self should instead embrace the opportunity to expand my knowledge. By giving this advice to my high school self I feel that my current self would be much more open to learning new things.

Someone who should not go to this school is someone who wants to have large classes and blend in. You get a lot on individual attention here.

Steph

The University of Evansville is known for its academic rigor, theater program, and basketball program.

I would tell my high-school self that it is more than okay to not have everything figured out before heading to college because I would be exposed to so many new opportunities and life-changing people in college that would help me figure out what path I wanted to take in my future. Additionally, I would tell myself to not worry about making new friends because there are so many people with different personalities and interests on campus that I was sure to meet many new and interesting people that I would feel grateful to call my friends. I would also advise myself to get to know my professors outside of the classroom because they are an invaluable resource for academic support and career guidance. The final piece of advice that I would communicate to my high-school self would be to make the most of every moment. College is a unique time when students can explore who they are, who they want to be, and what they want to get out of life, and it is important to take full advantage of this opportunity.

I wish I had known that the classes would be significantly more difficult than high school ones, that it was perfectly okay to have no idea what I wanted to major in, and that the professors are very intelligent and supportive of their students.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would have worked harder to have a high GPA in order to secure more financial aid and scholarships. Money doesn't really make sense to you until you are a senior looking at all the loans you will be paying back for the rest of your life. I could have gone to a state school, and saved a ton of money, but I wouldn't have grown as a person like I have here. The students, faculty and campus made me who I am, and the money spent will always be worth it, despite the stress of loans.

I wish I had known how rural the area/students were. I'm from a large suburb outside of a major city, so I experienced some culture shock, but I don't regret my decision to attend UE.

This school is located in a mid-size city in southern Indiana. Anyone looking for a very hip. trendy, urban city will be unhappy here. It can also be a difficult transition for someone coming from a culturally/ethnically diverse area, but it isn't impossible.

University of Evansville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.