Evansville, IN
University of Evansville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Evansville

Steph

The University of Evansville is known for its academic rigor, theater program, and basketball program.

I would tell my high-school self that it is more than okay to not have everything figured out before heading to college because I would be exposed to so many new opportunities and life-changing people in college that would help me figure out what path I wanted to take in my future. Additionally, I would tell myself to not worry about making new friends because there are so many people with different personalities and interests on campus that I was sure to meet many new and interesting people that I would feel grateful to call my friends. I would also advise myself to get to know my professors outside of the classroom because they are an invaluable resource for academic support and career guidance. The final piece of advice that I would communicate to my high-school self would be to make the most of every moment. College is a unique time when students can explore who they are, who they want to be, and what they want to get out of life, and it is important to take full advantage of this opportunity.

I wish I had known that the classes would be significantly more difficult than high school ones, that it was perfectly okay to have no idea what I wanted to major in, and that the professors are very intelligent and supportive of their students.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would have worked harder to have a high GPA in order to secure more financial aid and scholarships. Money doesn't really make sense to you until you are a senior looking at all the loans you will be paying back for the rest of your life. I could have gone to a state school, and saved a ton of money, but I wouldn't have grown as a person like I have here. The students, faculty and campus made me who I am, and the money spent will always be worth it, despite the stress of loans.

I wish I had known how rural the area/students were. I'm from a large suburb outside of a major city, so I experienced some culture shock, but I don't regret my decision to attend UE.

This school is located in a mid-size city in southern Indiana. Anyone looking for a very hip. trendy, urban city will be unhappy here. It can also be a difficult transition for someone coming from a culturally/ethnically diverse area, but it isn't impossible.

Jenna

My classmates are unique in the way that everyone has something to offer; for example getting to know the people from the slightly socially awkward to the fun outgoing classmates is an interesting and enjoyable part of the college experience that makes you realize how lucky you are to be going to the University of Evansville.

Hello 18 year-old Jenna, My advice to you from the future is everything will work out if you keep trying. Stop second-guessing yourself because you have done everything you can to prepare for the unexpected. The clichés of making sure to be yourself and having fun are true. Everything works out and there is no need to worry about not having enough money or the right friends. Maybe work on your handwriting so your note taking isn't sloppy in college. There won't be enough time in the day to do everything in college but try your best to get to know people and try new things. You will make the best of friends and the meet the most interesting people that will soon reassure you that you're at the right school. Advice for your homework: never ever procrastinate! After the first time, you will learn to do a little bit each day so that you don't have to deal with that horrible all-nighter again. Ask for help when you need it, whether it is dealing with your homework or the stress, someone will be there for you because you're pretty awesome!

The most frustrating thing about my college is that there isn't enough time in the day to do everything. I definitely made the right choice of colleges for me but sometimes I struggle to keep up with clubs, activities, greek life, difficult homework, and a social life. There can sometimes be too many distractions in college but it will be worth it in the end.

My school is best known for its tradition.

My school is best known for its tradition.

My school is very based on tradition. My school is an Oasis school. We follow the tradition that was set when the school was first built.

I would tell myself to work harder on getting scholarship. Procrastinating is not good. It only sets you up to rush, panic, stress out, and in t urn you don't do your best. I would tell myself to learn how to organize my work and to learn time management. I would have told myself to join more clubs like SGA and to participate in more activities in my community. Read, read, read.

University of Evansville is a beautiful, smaller private univeristy that can make a person feel like they are in a more serene enviroment, than in the middle of a busy Evansville neighorborhood.

Since I graduated in 2009, I have learned to “roll with the punches” and I followed the most outlandish dream that I thought I had no chance at achieving in high school. That dream was to graduate from the University of Evansville, the university that I currently attend. In high school, I thought that I would not be able to afford my nursing education at UE, let alone get in. I never applied, never had the chance to get accepted, and I put that dream of earning my diploma from UE on the backburner. I attended a community college soon after receiving my high school diploma and I disliked almost every minute of it. I would tell my 18 year old self to risk rejection, apply to my dream university and worry about the money after receiving word of acceptance. I would also tell myself that no matter what happens, keep working and fighting to achieve that dream. If I would have followed that advice back then I would be graduating this year with my Bachelors of Science in Nursing, instead of graduating with the class of 2015. I haven’t given up and am still fighting for that dream.

The type of person who should attended this school is someone who is driven, focused, and willing to spend a little extra money in order to achieve the career of their dreams. They should also have a postive attitude, be hard working, and be willing to go with the flow or possible changes that can occur while achieving their academic dreams.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, my advice to myself would be that sometimes it is okay to not know. When I was a senior in high school, everyone always asked me what I wanted to do with my life, and I never had an answer. To me, it was extremely frustrating to not know and to not have a plan when there was so much pressure on picking a major. I started my freshman year as an undecided student. However, now that I have completed one year of college, I have realized that sometimes it is okay to not know because college is a learning experience. Eventually, I was able to decide on a major. However, even if one has a plan, life has a way of being unexpected and sometimes does not go as planned. It is hard to have an exact plan for tomorrow when no one even knows what tomorrow has to offer. In the end, it is that not knowing that is leading me to where I need to go.

People who are very serious about receiving an education should attend this school. The classes are not easy. Also, it is a small, private school. Those who enjoy a small campus where professors know them by name should attend this school. It is a very supportive environment for those seeking an environment that provides a home away from home feeling. Altogether, it is a school for those who are very serious about their futures.

Students who are not serious about receiving an education and who are not willing to work for their grades should not attend this school. Also, it is not a place for someone who wants to attend a big school where they are just a number and can get away with skipping classes. Someone who is not serious about his or her future should not attend this school.

Leah

My classmates are the type of people that I can classify as my family away from home because they are extremely nice and always willing to help.

Knowing what I know now about college, there is so much advice I would give myself as a high school senior. However, I would mainly emphasize the importance of trying to find a major and career path to explore. When I was a senior in high school, I did not explore potential career paths the way I should have. I thought the right major would eventually come to me; everyone said it would, but it didn’t. I entered my freshman year of college as an undeclared student. Being a freshman is stressful, but not having a major made it more complicated. I was constantly stressed about trying to choose the right major while I made this huge transition in my life. If I could go back and tell myself to explore possible career paths as a high school senior, I would have made my first year of college a little less stressful. Choosing a major that is right for you is extremely important. The number one thing I would tell myself as a high school senior would be to find a potential major. It would have been beneficial to my future and made my life a little easier.

I take pride in the fact that I attend a liberal arts school. The University of Evansville sets high academic standards, and I am proud to say I work hard to meet their high expectations. I also like going to a smaller school and knowing that I am not just a number to the professors. The student to professor ratio is great, and because of that, I am able to receive a great academic experience.

Christina

My school is best known for their small class sizes due to the small campus. When taking class there students are able to form close relationships with their professors, which help them not only in college but also after the students graduate. Students can always get a hold of the professors for any questions or when they ask for recommendation letters the professors personally know the student so they can make the letters personal to each student.

I would tell myself to study more. Know exactly what helps myself understand material better and retain that knowledge as long as possible. Also i would tell myself to use all the study time I have now and to never slack or procrastinate on anything. Find out what distracts me and take those factors out of my focus when I do study. Lastly I would tell my high school self just to be yourself and no to fret over going to a new place and meeting new people.

I consider the food program the worst thing about my university. I say this because my fellow students and I pay a hefty amount to attend this college and they have one of the lowest standing food services in the country. I feel that if we are putting all this money to our school they should rethink the food service and hire a different company that offers healthier choices.

Alexandra

For me, personally, the school is a very good fit. It is possible to not know everyone personally, and be able to stay somewhat distant, but it's also easy to get extremely involved and get to know everyone, if that is what you want. There isn't a ton for college students to do in the city of Evansville, but the university does its best to provide activities and opportunities, academically and socially. The Greek system also has a lot of activities and really contributes to school pride. Overall, it is a good school, if a little expensive, that will work hard to make everyone feel welcomed.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to the University of Evansville because it felt right to me. Something that has always been important to me is equal opportunity, and I felt like every student at UE had the same opportunities to be involved, in and out of class. I also felt welcomed and accepted, which were important to me, and more than anything, I just felt comfortable. The people that tell you you'll just know when you get there are right.

I would say that the student body at UE is non-diverse, but also very accepting. Most students are Caucasian, but I've never heard of an instance of racial prejudice, even as an Asian student. It is a Methodist-affiliated school, but there are many different religious views, and ways to meet others with similar views and create a community. The thing that first drew me to the University of Evansville was how accepting the students and faculty seemed to be, and it has not disappointed me. Students that you might expect to be outsiders are often accepted by many, if not all, and there is a niche for everyone. A lot of the students are from the Evansville area, or at least Indiana, but it doesn't seem to matter. Politically, religiously, racially, financially, etc., UE is very inclusive.

University of Evansville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.