Evansville, IN
University of Evansville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Evansville

My college experience has given me confidence in my academic ability and in my ability to excel at any task that I put my mind to. As I progress through my classes, I become more determined to reach and even exceed all of my educational, career, and life goals. My college experience has also instilled in me an appreciation for learning not only for academic success but for the sake of personal knowledge. It has been valuable for me to attend college because it has given me the tools and skills, including both study skills and communication skills, to reach the goals that I have set for myself. Attending college has also allowed me to be exposed to new experiences, rare opportunities, and different types of people that I may not have encountered if I had not made furthering my education a priority. This exposure has taught me new things about my own personality, such as my ability to deal with difficult situations, and has helped me to appreciate the unique characteristics of other individuals.

I wish that I had known how rigorous the coursework is at the University of Evansville. The professors are willing to help, but you have to be willing to put in the hard work and time in order to get a good grade.

I most brag about how caring the professors are at the University of Evansville. They are very knowledgable in their specific areas of expertise and are capable of explaining concepts to students in a way that makes them excited about class. The professors also take the time to get to know about your interests outside of academics and about your goals for the future.

Kaitlin

As a freshman in college, I am just beginning to see all the possibilities the future holds! I am realizing that not only do I need to attend college to earn a degree that will allow me to have a job that I love and that will support my family, but college is a needed transition between high school and the "real world." It is a self discovery, through living on your own, making your own schedule, and making your own decisions as well as delving inside yourself to find out who you truly are. I am receiving a great education at my college that will prepare me for my future career, but most importantly, I am learning life skills that will help me in every aspect of my future. College is a valuable experience that I will savor for four years as I learn from my experiences, professors, and classmates. College is a beneficial choice at any age to advance in an ever changing world, but I feel it is especially valuable to attend out of high school, so the transition into the "real world" may be smoothed by college itself, and making discoveries every day is an adventure.

The worst thing about UE is the price. It's a private school, so it gets expensive, but they give out good scholarship money, and outside scholarships can help too!

People who like a small college, getting to know their fellow classmates and professors, and being surrounded by the arts should consider UE! Class sizes are small, the campus is beautiful, there are many activites to be involved in, and the creative talent is high: UE has a great theater program as well as orchestra, band, and choirs.

Holly

College has been one of the most valuable experiences of my entire life. I have been pushed to do things far out of my comfort zone, forced to work harder than I ever have before, and challenged for what I believe in. Through this I have grown so much as a person. My professors have shaped the way I think about the world and have given me a desire to learn more. For once in my life, I am confident in myself and in who I am growing up to be. I have found my place in this world, and I now see my purpose. Before coming to college, I was blind to this. I was blinded by doubt and worry, and was unable to truly be myself. Without a college education, I would not be the person I am today.

Someone who does not like to work hard and is not interested in a challenge. This school pushes students in ways that I did not think were possible, and it can be very difficult at times. So if you are not up for it, you should consider attending a different school.

I brag about the quality of education recieved here. Although my classes are very difficult and challenging, I know they are making my stronger and more intelligent.

Ben

So far, being a college freshman with only half of one semester under my belt, I can't deny the growing maturation of not only my attitudes toward life, but also the way I think. I feel as though I have always had a good outlook on things, but going to the University of Evansville has, in a sense, nurtured my thoughts and pushed them farther down the maturity road. My thoughts are now describable by my actions and vice versa, and my actions have responsibilities. My ability to handle tough situations and critical thinking has been provoked to new levels. My ability to think with diversity in mind and to act on those thoughts has also broadened my spectrum to entertain thoughts relative to others, not just my own. To say my college experience is valuable is an understatement, it is invaluable.

I wish i had known how awesome this school is because then it wouldn't have been my second choice, it would've been my first choice.

There are an enormous amount of great things that happen and will happen at my college, but the one thing that frustrates me to no end is the debt that I know I will be in after four years. So, in other words, the cost is the most frustrating thing.

Emrie

I have learned to become responsible for myself. Here I have to take care of myself, make sure I take care of what needs to be done, and manage myself better. My parents aren't with me to do everything for me anymore. I have to do my own work, do my own laundry, shop for myself, take care of things when things go wrong, and learn what is okay and what is not. So far, its been a great experience. I feel like I am truly learning about how to become an adult. College isn't just for a degree.

I actually love the small size. When I cam to visit, people automatically knew I was a new person, so they were extra friendly and made sure to say "hello". Having a small campus makes it easier to get to know more people more in depth. It also helps in class because the teachers are better able to give you individual assistance.

If anyone is unsuitable for Evansville, its people who dislike a small campus size and a small surrounding town. Granted to some it might be large, but Evansville has a population of 330,000 people and the University has less than 3,000 students.

Alexander

When entering a university class many students become intimidated when they learn that their college professor has an actual PhD in their field of study because the students know that their professor is passionate and educated enough to not only teach the course but also back up their claims and assumptions with scholarly documents and facts. Even though some professors believe that they are "all-knowing" because of their advance degree the truth is that college professors are human being like the students they teach. They can also be misinformed or even uninformed on certain topics in their field of study. In many of my classes, including my liberal arts and science courses, the professors would often open a discussion on whatever subject we were studying. Of course in the beginning of each semester only a handful of students would be "bold" enough to speak up, but over time as we grew comfortable with the professors more and more students began to speak until eventually every student in every class would join the discussions. PhD professors do deserve much respect for all their hard work, but they are not gods; learn this and you can be successful.

Anyone who wants small classes in order to gain a personal and professional relationship with their professors and wants their professors to have a PhD and not just a masters degree should attend this university.

Some students where completely insencitive of the needs of other students living in the same dorm. They play loud music after 12 a.m., drink alcohol and vomit in the restrooms, and yell down the hallways during final exams.

Amy

They are friendly, supportive, curious, and helpful.

They are friendly, supportive, curious, and helpful.

My professors have risen beyond whatever hopes I had of them. When I first came to the campus, it was only my second choice. I was there for a scholarship, and what impressed me the most was all of the professor's friendliness, enthusiasm, and willingness to give us the best time possible. Although the city had been hit by an ice storm which knocked a tree into one professor's house, he still made the effort to attend the scholarship and get to know each of us. Because of their kindness, it swayed me to attend my school.

I would tell myself to enjoy the moment more, because high school does not last forever, and I will never see some people I enjoyed being with again. I wish I would've solidified my friendship with a few people I have fallen out of contact with, just because it is so easy to not make the effort or time. Keeping old ties is important, but in college, branching out and discovering people you like, being surprised by who you did not expect you would like, and learning to live with those you may not like is vital. I would also tell myself to keep an open mind, and although you might be nervous, remember that everyone else is too. Above all, I would tell myself to think of college as something to look forward to. Do the best you can in your last year of high school, love it while it lasts, and remember that college can be something you'll love too.

Kimberly

I have an Associates of Science degree focused on Physical Therapist Assistant that I received from Vincennes University in May 2009. I attended VU for three years before transferring to the University of Evansville. I am now considered a sophomore in the Athletic Training Education Program. I was 1 of 12 selected to participate in the program for the graduating class of 2012. If I could go back and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would have went straight to UE. By going to UE first and skipping VU, I could have double-majored and had both degrees in 4 years versus the 6 years it will now take me. UE is more expensive but I could have been ready for the real world quicker. Also, I commuted to both VU and UE. If I could change it, I would have lived in the dorms my first two years in order to gather a larger "college" experience; eating in the dining hall, having a roommate, showering in the dorms, etc.

Although tuition for the University of Evansville is expensive, I find it worth it. Because my school is private, there are fewer students. This allows the class sizes to be much smaller. I would not like to attend a school where I am a number on a roster. At UE, each of the professors knows you by name and continue to greet you after you have finished their class.

When talking to my friends, I brag most about the accredited athletic training education program I am in. It is one of the best in the state, and only 12 students are selected each year to participate. Our original class consisted of 12 students, and I am currently 1 or 9 left in the class of 2012.

Bethany

My classmates at school are awesome people because they are willing and highly able to discuss important current events, issues, and controversial academic topics while still knowing how and when to have fun!

As a high school senior, I lived life inside the walls of my high school and my home. Despite what I thought at the time, I was not truly aware of much beyond those peripheries. Now, as a college freshman, I am conscious of the larger picture and my perspectives have changed greatly. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to be afraid of the unknown variables in life. In high school, college is a vaugely defined entity with many stereotypes placed upon it that can be daunting to high-schoolers. I would like to go back and tell myself that, just like all things in life, college is what each individual makes of it. I would tell myself not to pass up any opportunities which would result in expanding my horizons of knowledge and experience, but I would also assure myself that college is a time for discovery, knowledge, forging new relationships, and most importantly, FUN! I think that I would conclude by telling myself that in time, college will feel more like home than home does, and it's the best experience so far!

I wish I had known how to be a more confident person so that I would not have wasted time meeting new people once I arrived at college. Being in a new environment and not knowing anyone is scary, but the moment I began meeting people I remembered why I had worked so hard to be able to attend the college of my choice. In high school, I wish I had known that college is the perfect time for acquiring new friendships with people who care greatly about their communities and world.

Anna

Dear High School Anna, I've come from the future to prepare you for college life as a single mom. Prepare yourself for a major transition from high schooler to single college mom. Think about the future you desire for your child and the support needed to achieve your goals. Your parents will be your strongest support financially and emotionally. Being a mom is a huge task in itself, but being a teen college mom is a unique adventure. Begin researching many scholarships, and applying to as many schools as possible that provide online courses for credits toward your nursing degree. Once accepted, meet with the nursing college advisor and write out your college plan. Be realistic about the challenges of being a single mom. Become organized so you will have less stress when your baby comes. Prepare a schedule so you'll have more time to study when the baby naps or when you have a babysitter. Take many notes and study them daily. Communicate with your professors regularly about crucial material for the exams. Stay focused on your goal to graduate and to set a responsible path for your little one to follow. Sincerely yours, College Anna

University of Evansville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.