Eugene, OR
University of Oregon

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Oregon

Ramona
No regrets

No regrets

Loved the environment and classes. The only problem was my advisor(s). It wasn't until my senior year that I actually had an advisor that really looked at my class schedule and offered advice.

Alexandra
For Me

For Me

I can't wait to be a student and start my newest journey as a college student. University of Oregon will provide me with a great start on my career. Thanks to their wonderful educators and students, I cannot wait to be a part of the Ducks!

Jenny

The most common students are athletes, frat kids and intellectuals.

The most common students are athletes, frat kids and intellectuals.

The most popular activities are sporting events, exploring the nature of Eugene and Greek life.

Most students are laid back at UO. There is no reason to dress up for class because most people either wear athletic clothes or duck gear. There is a group for everyone to join for different experiences and interests.

milki

The University of Oregon has a variety of groups based on various interests. Some of the groups are based on multicultural and environmental interests. The university is a good option for someone who is interested in attending a school that has a wide variety of activities and groups.

Don't let past academic failures or experiences determine your future. Your actions today determine the future, not your past. During high school, i feared what the future held for me. I had no idea what college I was going to attend or what I even wanted to do. I continually let my future become a prisoner of my past academic experiences. Now I know that my actions today are the greatest determinant of my future.

Olivia

The UO is somewhere change and discovery happens as much as higher learning.

The UO is somewhere change and discovery happens as much as higher learning.

You won't see some of these people ever again, so connect with the ones who matter to you and keep them in your circle, or they will become just someone you were friends with in high school. You're going to become completely distracted by college life and your studies, so it will be very easy to stay on campus with your friends who are there with you. At the same time, be open to meeting new people. They will have new perspectives to share with you, and it will be refreshing to meet people who think the same way you do. Most of all, have a blast!

It is often joked about as "Nike University" because Nike sponsors the athletics and they have nicer facilities than the regular students have for learning.

Elisabeth

Intramural sports. Clubs on campus.

Very welcoming. Fun. Down to earth.

Excellent. Human Physiology is great for preparing you for graduate schools.

Elisabeth

The University of Oregon is best known for Hayward Field--the olympic trials--and the Ducks football team.

There are very few things I consider as negative at the University of Oregon. I feel there are many opportunities for students to get involved in the community, an area that will help in their career pursuit, and outdoor extracurriculars.

You do not need to be friends with everyone; just a few are great. The things you learned in cheerleading--that more friends are better--forget all that. There are those that help keep you from being bored, but they don’t truly make you into a better version of yourself. There will be a moment in your freshman year, when the majority of your co-ed house goes to a bonfire, and you spend the entire time trying to be a part of a “huddle for warmth” with your “friends” Vanessa, Michelle, and Heather. You’ll later realize you could have been studying chemistry with Patricia, bonding over your recently developed weird obsession with Le Chatlier’s Principle from Dr. Herrick’s Inorganic Chemistry class. Patricia, like your physiology friends, will always be there. You’ll learn this, and you’ll do your best to ignore it to fit in with the crowd, but don’t. Only four will remain to provide comfort when you don’t do as well as you wanted on your Tissue Injury and Repair oral exam. That’s okay. They rejuvenate you and you’ll know it. Focus on the friends that matter.

Gabrielle

The University of Oregon is absoulty beautiful.

The University of Oregon is absoulty beautiful.

If I could go back in time and talk to high school self, I would say to enjoy school. A lot of people like to think that you become a completley different person, and in a sense you do, but its because you are becoming aware of who you as an individual are. In everything you do you have to prioritize, its okay to have fun, just make sure you get your work done. College is fun, it is an experience you will never forget. Do not be scared to talk to your professors, they want you to succeed. In a way college is the same as highschool the only difference is you are paying for it, so there is no room to fail any classes.

The lack of lights around campus at night is the worst thing about this school. In the fall, it gets dark early, so when you are walking to your classes or to library it does not feel safe.

University of Oregon administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.